Flashback Just like any other day (Ashar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Just like any other day (Ashar)

Postby S'Essy on June 30th, 2014, 7:19 pm

AV 511, Spring 44th [The Kuvay'Nas Lodge]

"If you would stop moving, I could finally finish my job already. Please, I know what I'm doing!" Said S'Essy in a highly irritated voice, while she was trying heal one of the Akalak. The Akalak was trying to prove he was fine, at least one of his side, the other tried to calm himself down. Getting hurt didn't end up well for him... more likely for them. They were rather chaotic and there was no balance. She took a deep breath. "I... SAID... DON'T MOVE OR IT GETS WORSE! I just want the best for you!!" She was yelling which she rarely had to do but she was tired of this. With her hand, she tried to keep him down. Not a big success, a strong akalak vs her. But she tried to focus on her mark and get over it as soon as she could.

She didn't expect that working there would be like this, how could she know? She has never been at this place. She didn't even plan to be here. Her plans were different. Having a nice breakfast at the Pearl House, then going down to the Sea and swim as always. Enjoying Laviku's waters for a bell or so then she would be fresh and fitted to start her work. And after work she could go down for another swim to relax her body. Perfect day would it be.

Plans can change though. She agreed to help out the warriors here for this. She thought it could be a good point for her if she helps out the Akalak men who were here. Treating the wounded ones and strengthen them so they could also do their job. This was also a nice plan. But it was a bit different than she imagined herself. Their dual natures were a bit annoying for the Konti. Not all of them could balance their sides.

But what else could she do? Even if she didn't want to come, she couldn't say no. It was against her Oath... her mind that was the way she was raised. She must do it for everyone regardless what she thought. Not helping would never cross her mind, seeing a wound would make her feel an itch.

She wanted this case quicker than other. She used her mark on the Akalak. Rak'keli's warm power went through her and cured every wounds on the Akalak chest. She pulled her hands away and even stepped away from him. "See? You are fine NOW... you can go.. I have others to deal with!" Said as the Akalak unpatiently went out from the room. She was upstairs at the private rooms where she could work more easily.

She stepped out from the room as well after the blue man, giving a sigh and looked around. "Okay, who else need medical assistance?" everybody could hear in her voice that she was tired.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ashar on July 3rd, 2014, 10:00 pm

Ashar
44th of Spring, 511AV
The Kuvay'Nas Lodge

It was just another patrol. Just like any other patrol, the kind Ashar had been doing for over a season now. Just follow the patrol route outside in the Sea of Grass with the other dozen or so general Cavalry Kavran, decidedly more than usual. It wasn't like they were going anywhere particularly dangerous, their patrol route took them just within the Sea of Grass and up the Kabrin Road, no new territory there. It was even a familiar formation: have a bulk of the riders take up the front, a couple on either side to watch the flanks for surprises, and a couple in the back to check behind them. Simple. They'd taken care of more than a few problems that way, from slavers to even glassbeaks.

But they hadn't counted on finding a newly established glassbeak nest. They hadn't counted on the parents returning when they began to investigate. And they hadn't counted on Ashar being right in front of the enraged father.

Ashar had to be fair, the wound itself wasn't life-threatening or anything of the sort. He wasn't bleeding profusely, or at risk of falling unconscious. To be perfectly honest, Ashar considered himself lucky to be alive; a glassbeak surprising a Kavran from behind would normally lead to sure death. It was only at one of his fellows' warning that he was able to move suddenly and minimize the damage from the glassbeak. The retreat was hasty, with those Kavran still mounted harassing the glassbeaks until Ashar mounted and they could return together. An attack that would have cleaved right through his skull had been reduced to a largely superficial wound - though no less painful - going from the top of his left shoulder blade to nearly his hip. He had patched it up a little during his return from the Sea of Grass using some basic wrappings from one of his comrades, though he needed proper medical attention for certain.

And Jek was throwing a hissyfit about it.

Gods, oh gods, we're hurt, Jek rambled in a panic. It was lucky that Ashar was in control, otherwise they'd currently be hyperventilating as well as bleeding. Though if Jek couldn't calm down, Ashar's control might not continue to be absolute. Gods it hurts so bad, how can you stand it Ashar? Wysar it hurts.

Calm down, Jek, Ashar told his dark brother, surprised that he was being the rational one in this situation. That was usually Jek's role, and Ashar wasn't too comfortable that they'd been reversed. It - aaagh - it does petching hurt, but you freaking out about it won't make it hurt any less. We're going to see a doctor or something, there are usually some at the lodge. He galloped down the streets of Riverfall, across the First Tier toward the Lodge alongside a couple of his compatriots. The streets weren't exactly cleared, but the sound of galloping horses alerted those around to the presence of a speeding mount.

Doctor, we need a doctor, continued to ramble, still panicking. His mental shouts were getting louder, and though Ashar couldn't hear his dark brother breathing he could tell Jek was getting worse. True, they had never had an injury even close to something like this before, but Ashar still figured they got off exceedingly light, so he was more relieved than anything. Apparently Jek didn't quite feel the same way.

Jek, calm down for a bit, at least until we actually find a doctor, Ashar replied, doing his best but failing horribly to help Jek regain control of himself. Left unresolved, it would only be a matter of time before Jek started grappling with his light brother for control of the body, and that wouldn't be good for the body in question. Look, we're here! It's the Lodge! We just need to go in and find a doctor, don't worry.

He got no response from Jek, but the dark brother did seem to quiet down a bit after hearing that. Though Ashar had bought himself some time, he knew it wouldn't last. Promptly, he slid out of his saddle and rushed into the building, trying his best to not tense the muscles on his left side lest the pain grow stronger. The other Kavran accompanying him would take care of the horse, and all Ashar had to do was find someone to treat him. It was unlikely any of the Infantry would be well-versed enough in medicine to know how to treat such a large wound, so upstairs he would have to go.

"Okay, who else needs medical assistance?" came a tired call from the upstairs rooms. Relieved at having found someone so easily, or perhaps just having superb luck, Ashar quickly but carefully leaped up the stairs and toward the voice.

"I need some attention," Ashar said, rather breathless after his mad run through the lodge. His eyes scanned the rooms for which one the voice came from. "I have a glassbeak wound on my back, and it bleeds. It's bandaged, but... augh." A small but sudden wave of nausea came over him, forcing him to lean on the wall for support. Jek began to panic again. "Can someone help?"
Ashar is being renovated. Be patient!

"Do not try to fight yourself. Such is the road to chaos."
Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Words: 142780
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 1:04 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on July 20th, 2014, 8:09 pm

She didn't hear anything, she thought she could rest a bit. She was about to close the door after her when she heard someone was asking for help. She was not that lucky. She pushed the door back open. Another akalak looked for help. She looked at purple man who didn't seem. The Konti worried, she didn't know much about glassbeak but the pain his face was serious. She was inviting him in. "Just come in and I can che..." Stopped in the middle of the sentence as he quickly leaned against the wall.

She didn't feel tired at all suddenly. She jumped to the akalak and tried to help him out somehow. Though she was little and not that strong like him, but it was the least she worried about. "It's okay dear, I'm here to help, just put your arm around my shoulder and you can sit down." She was more curious about glassbeaks. A creature could do that much damage. And it wasn't the first she heard about them.

Slowly and hardly she helped the man going into the room she was working in. She let him sit down and went back to close the door. She didn't need audience nor the injured man. She quickly went back and investigating his back. "Calm down, I'm going to make you feel better in a moment, just please stay calm." She said. She hoped he could balance her dual nature better than the other one. Would make her work easier.

She carefully removed the bandage to see the wound. It really wasn't pretty and was bleeding slightly. She had to take care of it quickly. She placed her hand gently on his back and focused on Rak'keli's power. The warm power was going through her and mended the wound. She sighed, a sigh of relief. It was red but the wound was closed. Now that the worse has gone, she could do the checks. She grabbed another chair and put it in front of him.

She gave a smile. She was tired but being nice to a patient could pay off. "I wanna make sure that there's nothing else wrong with you." And as she said, she sat down and leaned closer to him. "First, do you have any more wound? If not do you feel anything unusual at the moment? Like you hand feels numb or something."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Ashar on August 9th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Ashar

The large Kavran did as the Konti suggested, allowing himself to take her offered shoulder as he made his way to the room. His legs still worked fine, so it was not as if she had to drag him, but his steps were still tentative and laced with the pain from his back. Though he had accepted the Konti's shoulder, he was careful not to lean too heavily on her, knowing full well that the weight difference likely would be cumbersome for the woman.

It was with great relief that Ashar sat upon the bench in the provisional office, though he winced a bit as the sudden impact caused his wound to move, a jolt of pain shooting across his torso. Jek grunted inside of their head, but Ashar was glad to see that his dark brother was much calmer now that there was a healer present to help them. It hurt, that was for certain, but the promise of treatment and the following relief did a lot to ease minds, it seemed.

"Thank you," said Ashar, as he smiled over at the Konti. With their heights, he was still pretty level with her even while sitting, but his back was well within reach.

Carefully, oh so gently, Ashar could feel the Konti unwinding the bandages from around his torso, and moved to help. With his arms lifted and out of the way, the Konti finished quickly and set the now dirtied bandages to the side where they would be disposed of later. Now exposed, the wound began to swell a bit, a long gash that went from shoulder to hip on his left side, parallel to his spine. The beak of the wild birds out in the Sea of Grass were indeed sharp, sharp enough to lacerate skin easily enough.

The feeling of the power that washed through the Akalak as the gnosis was used... never before had they felt such a glow.

It felt like a wave of warm rushing water that washed down from shoulder to hip along the wound. A rippling rather than gushing sensation that soothed the pain along its path and seemed to massage the tissue that it left repaired in its path, the sinews sewing themselves back together. Amazing relief washed through both souls, and both let out a sigh at the sensation of the wound closing. Nothing could compare to the immense pleasure that accompanied that relief, not that the Akalak had lived long enough to have experienced much, nor was he adventurous enough. This, however, was certainly an experience that both would remember for the rest of their days. This was the power of Konti healing.

The Konti who did the deed sat before them.

"No, not that I'm aware of..." Ashar answered quietly, still thinking about the wonderful feeling that passed through him moments before. The sensation seemed to put Jek to sleep, or at least calmed him to a point of serene restfulness. "I feel fine, for now at least. I didn't stick around long enough for the glassbeak to get another chance."

Uncharacteristically, the Akalak looked down at the floor quietly, seemingly timid but actually deep in thought. Both were equally rare occurrences. Then he looked up at the Konti again. "What was that you used?" he asked, looking firmly at the woman before him. Though he was not quite a stranger to the Konti, he knew very little about them, and was curious. For he knew nothing of their gnosis, or their patrons, or much at all really. Besides, that feeling which he had felt earlier was certainly divine, and the woman had to have some knowledge of it. Ashar doubted he would ever be graced with such a gentle power, but he was still intensely curious.

Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby S'Essy on October 23rd, 2014, 11:30 am

She felt lucky with this Akalak. They seemed to be balanced, and did not freak out because of an injury. He did as she asked and made her work easier. She was grateful, she was already tired anyway. Thanks to the bandage, the wound was fine and since he managed to escape, it wasn't severe either, her healing fixed everything.

She calmed down and smiled even more when he thanked her. Kindly. Akalaks were not bad, she didn't know why she let her anger come up in her. People reacted differently by getting hurt. She found it also interesting, how they deal with that. Some are desperate, some behave and tried to focus, finding a solution quickly. And she was usually part of that solution, a bridge to Rak'keli's power of curing.

He wasn't aware of any unusual symptom. He quickly ran away and survived that attack. No other injuries. She also couldn't see anything at first sight. But she always liked to be sure, always had this instinct in her when it came to healing. Before she went on he looked down to the floor. Did he felt ill or tired? Or just simply thinking. She was watching eagerly when he looked back at her and asked the question which was in his mind.

With her finger she was pointing at her forehead, where Rak'keli's gnosis was glimmering. "This is not for decoration." The Konti answered and stood up from her chair, only to lean closer to the akalak's chest and press her ear on it. For a moment she was silent and was listening. "Just keep breathing." His breathing was alright, his heartbeats as well. He was indeed alright inside-out. She pulled her head away and sat back to hear chair.

"Sorry, I wanted to be assured. Well Rak'keli, the goddess of healing, marked me. This allows me to use some of her power to mend those who needs it." And she was happy to do it. Feeling the warm power going through her, to heal people was a wonderful feeling. Seeing them being happy and grateful was even more so. Sometimes it was not as glamorous but nothing was perfect.

She looked out from the window. S'Essy was tired she knew she couldn't really continue this today. She noticed she didn't pay attention, though her patient was still there. "Sorry, sorry. I was just thinking. So you are alright, and I'm tired. " She stood up again and offered her hand with a smile. "My name is S'Essy. And if you are not busy, maybe we could go out somewhere? You could tell me about these glassbeaks. I heard about them and know your people hunt them. But who are they and why do you do that, I do not know."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Ashar on April 24th, 2015, 5:23 am

Ashar blushed slightly at having the Konti's head brought right up to his chest, but he was not a child. Simply because he had yet to enter his Rite of Passage did not mean that he was a juvenile blushing boy. Were Jek able to comment, he would likely have said Ashar's insistence to himself that he was a man suggested that Ashar was perhaps insecure about that. As it was, though, Jek was still recovering from the shock of the wound.

That left Ashar to learn what he could from the Konti alone. So Rak'keli was the name of the goddess that he had heard about, deity of healing and a patron of the Konti. If this was how the power of healing felt coming from a conduit, Ashar wondered what kind of sensation it was to be touched by the goddess herself. Not that he would ever receive the opportunity.

Ashar smiled as S'Essy introduced herself, offering his hand as a means of greeting. "Ashar," he answered in return. "I am not busy, no. There is much I can share with you. Where do you want to go?"

Ashar? Jek whined. I really think we should go back home and sleep this off. I don't want to go running around with the amount of blood we lost.

Frowning, Ashar stood up as he prepared to argue against his dark brother. But as he stood, he suddenly felt slightly dizzy, and the edges of his vision went dark for a moment. He recovered quickly fortunately, resting a hand against the wall and taking a breath. Perhaps Jek had a point.

"Sorry," Ashar said, directing it at S'Essy and giving her a sad smile. "Long day, should sleep. You can find me here. I come here a lot, work here. Nice to meet you, S'Essy."

With his token farewell, Ashar walked slowly and calmly through the Kuvay'Nas Lodge, trying his best to not exert himself too much. Thus began his long trek down to the third tier, all the way through the city.

Image Image Image
Ashar
Pushing onward

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Faradae on May 13th, 2017, 10:16 pm

S'Essy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E X P E R I E N C E

• Socialization +2

L O R E S

• Akalak: Dual natures
• S'Essy: A need to help the wounded
• Medicine: Wounds caused by a glassbeak
• Ashar: Wounded Akalak

N O T E S

Not much by way of skills here, I'm sorry. The checkups S'Essy did that may have fallen under medicine are too simple for competent level, especially since you already have the precise lores for them. Otherwise, the healing was gnosis-based. Still, it was a nice read!

Ashar
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

N O T E S

Grades withheld: You have not posted since last summer. When you return, please shoot me a PM so I can get to your grades!

Please remember to edit your grade request to reflect that this grade has been seen to!
If there are questions about the grades, please contact me via PM.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook