Solo Magic Trick

Nivel practices with HammerFist who doesn't seem to care for magic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Magic Trick

Postby Nivel on April 18th, 2015, 4:19 am

14th Day of Spring, 515 AV

Nivel had slept in a bit, allowing Syna to rise higher in the sky by the time she arrived at the training grounds. There was far too many armoured tall folk feet clanging and stomping about for the mage squires liking so she knew she would have to look for a much more hospitable location.

While meditation was on the agenda, she still wanted to eventually get some fighting practice, The Anthonius Fighter's Pit would be a great place to find inspiration towards learning new combat techniques.

Nivel promptly got back on Patcha’s saddled back and rode through the darkened stone tunnels and out to the open part of the castle city. Nivel basked in the light of the bright goddess in the sky as she guided her kelvic mount towards the fighting pit. The pycon urged Patcha to stop in a grassy patch, were the dog could rest and Nivel could start her meditation and maybe do some light magical training.

The mage squire closed of her mind to the constant clashing of weapons and grunts of the fighters before her. She took in air and slowly let out her worries and cares with each exhale. It took a while but eventually Nivel’s mind was clear and ready to focus on the task at hand, The task being magic of course.

While slowly moving her arms in the “snake arms” dance she was able to find the steams of energy with in her body. She started to rotate her tiny head with the rhythm within to gently alternate the streams of energy with in her body for the purpose of flux magic. She made these streams into a steady wave that pulsed back in forth with in her clay body. When she was done she let her energy streams revert to normal.

“What are you doing?” Came a snarky voice from out of no where.
Nivel’s focus broke and she looked around her and spotted a pycon that resembled a tall folk arm but with a disgruntled looking face on the hand. The strange pycon slowly approached Nivel and made the mage squire more nervous with each tiny step closer.
“I’m just dancing..”Nivel said in defence, but didn’t sound very convincing.
“Dancing huh? Well how about we both dance together..in the ring” The other pycon’s head turned from an open palm to a clenched fist to indicated exactly what she really meant by dance. “The name is Hammer fist, I train pycons on how to fight...for a price”
“oh..I suppose I could always use the training but I don’t have very much money..” Nivel was relived that her ruse seemed to work but she was still nervous and wanted to leave.
“How about this..First time is free, second time you pay.” Hammer fist proposed while she casually flexed her fingers.
“I think I could do that..”Nivel hesitantly agreed, before turning to her patient mount “do you mind Patcha?”
The Kelvic nodded her head side to side and then trotted over to a shady tree and laid down.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Telor Riptide
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Magic Trick

Postby Nivel on April 20th, 2015, 5:22 am

Nivel followed the other more gruff looking pycon into the stone filled pit. Nivel had already fought a bit in this area but she forgot how crude and rustic it was compared to the training grounds provided by the Order. What was obviously a clear benefit was the availably of space, it wasn’t deserted but it wasn’t over crowded ether. The mage squire made a note to consider this place if she need a quick alternative to her usual training area.

“I think this area will do” Hammer Fist said as she walked into a clear area that was a decent about of distance from any of the other fighters. “So I know you weren’t really just dancing back there..I’ve seen many use flux before”

Nivel’s body suddenly tensed and she couldn’t move, she didn’t know if she was about to be accosted or if she had found a someone with a shared interest.

“I always enjoy seeing it in action..even if it is a cheap ploy, a real warrior doesn’t need silly things like magic to help them win” Hammer Fist scoffed and waved her hand shaped head away dismissively.

“That’s not true!” Nivel proclaimed with her tiny fists clenched and held at her hips.
“Magic is an art form that takes as much discipline and honour to wield as any weapon. Maybe even more so.”

Hammer fist turned around facing the other combatants in the distance “Okay then..prove me wrong, try fighting me with your magic. if you can land one hit I’ll admit defeat.”

While this challenge seemed easy Nivel wasn’t naive enough to think it actually would be. This strange pycon was ether very over confident to the point of idiocy or she were a very skilled fighter. Hammer Fist didn’t strike Nivel as a fool, so it was likely that she knew what she was getting into.

“I’m only a fledgeling mage so I don’t think I’ll be proving any points today…but I would still like to fight you, I need the practice.” Nivel replied humbly as she rotated her head and arms in preparation.

“This really isn’t as fun when you don’t act like an egotistical idiot” Hammer fist let out a sigh “Well..what are you waiting for..lets get this over with” Nivel’s new opponent din’t turn around and showed even less enthusiasm than before.

Nivel didn’t charge forward like one might expect, instead she began to dance. Moving her formless hips back and forth in rhythmic succession while her chest countered it. She was doing her best to channel her flux to her legs so the focus was mostly on her lower half even waving her hands back in forth by her sides to further focus the energy.

“Wait are you don’t your silly magic dance again? Just hit me already!” The larger pycon shouted impatiently.

Nivel was so startled she lost her concentration and without it her energy streams reverted back to normal. “Oops I lost it, just a chime” Nivel knew she wasn’t giving a very good impression of magic to this sceptic.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Magic Trick

Postby Nivel on April 20th, 2015, 6:47 am

Date of thread

“Hurry this up” Hammer fist groaned loudly “I’ve been watching these two humans try to poke each other with sticks for far too long”

“Okay Sorry” The mage apologized as she concentrated on regaining her focus through dance. Her mind was back to it’s focus and she began to run as fast as possible to her waiting opponent. She triggered her energy to move towards her legs as she jumped in the air. As Nivel flew over her opponent she congealed and condensed her clay into her arms and launched them downward at Hammer Fist. Nivel’s attack crashed down into the ground spiring up the dirt into a cloud.

Nivel landed on the ground and avoided much of the shock with a quick tumble. She didn’t see hammer fist move but she didn’t feel her attack make contact ether. Before Nivel could turn around to see if the other pycon was still there, she was slapped hard. The force of the blow was enough to send Nivel back into the dusty air. Nivel fell back to the ground like a lifeless rag doll and stayed like that for a few chimes.

“You certainly don’t pose much of a challenge” Hammer fist chuckled at the lifeless pycon laying face down in front of her. “Get back up I barely even hit you”

Nivel eventually pulled herself back up, she had definitely taken a beating but she wasn’t about to give up just yet. She felt fairly exhausted already from all her flux use but still charged forward towards Hammerfist with all she had. They mage squire shifted the excess clay of her ears into her arms and sculpted them into broad swords and began to slash way as her tricky opponent.

Hammer fist casually dodged each of her slashes like it was nothing, while nivel was giving it all she had, The pit fighter seemed to barely move at all. Nivel switched up her game and pulled her tails in order to shift her arms into large sharp toothed mouths. that ferociously bit at Hammerfist like she was her next meal.

Hammerfist clearly god bored of dodging Nivel’s subpar moves and simply flicked her with one of her fingers. The attack hit the mage squire point blank in the head and sent her back towards the ground.

Nivel layed their for a while as her nexus throbbed from the impact, she wanted to get back up but her body didn’t seem to want to co-operate.

“C’mon get up” Hammer Fist snarled but Nivel didn’t budge.

Patcha barked loudly out of concern, it was a high pitch sound that was close to her pleading whine. Nivel didn’t speak canine but it wasn’t hard to understand that the kelvic was concerned. The Squire didn’t want to worry her mount so she made another attempt to lift her self off the dirty ground.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Magic Trick

Postby Nivel on April 21st, 2015, 6:48 am

Image [right]“Look you’re making your dog cry” Hammerfist taunted and gestured to the whimpering canine standing at the edge of the brick wall. “Is that really what you want to do, just get up already”

Nivel pushed herself off the ground, she was tired and every ounce of clay that made up her body was on fire. She breathed in and out before thinking of a plan of attack. The Squire knew she would have to avoid close combat, it was silly to think that was something she could pull off. Nivel was usually good at dodging so she figured it was best to keep the other pycon in her sights and dodge what ever came her way while trying her best to land any hits. Hammer fist was also fairly top heavy so Nivel hoped that maybe she could trip her.

“Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to fight me?” Hammer fist was quickly losing her patience with Nivel, she tapped her foot and clenched her fist threateningly.

Nivel moulded her hands into dense spheres and launched one at Hammerfist, The squire shot out another where hammer fist was sure to move to. This time lower to the ground so that hammer fist would trip. Instead Hammer fist jumped up and ran along Nivels extended arms.

Nivel quickly transferred flux energy to her lower half and swiftly moved out of the way of yet another powerful slap to the ground. The impact from this slap nearly shook the ground and stirred up so much dirt that the area became a murky brown. Nivel hurled one of her elongated arms out and used the momentum to start a spin like Sayana had shown her. She was able to get one strong spin before she lost the momentum. Nivel was certain that she hadn’t hit her opponent but the Squire was at least happy that she was able to keep her vision clear.

Although even with the dust gone, Nivel couldn’t see her opponent anywhere in the Pits. An alarming bark from Patcha was enough to get Nivel to tumble away from her current possition. The mage squire was just in time to see a large fist pond the ground where she stood only moments prior. Again the earth shook the sandy dirt painted the scene with a brown wash.

Nivel didn’t bother trying to fix anything this time, she would just use autistics to sense where her tricky opponent was hiding. Auras weren’t something that was only seen but felt and heard as well. Although her other senses weren’t as heightened as her sight was, she could still pin point where Hammer fist was.

Hammer fist let out another attack from behind Nivel, It was a sweeping move probably created by elongating her fingers into a whip or sword. Although the move swept backward and collided with Nivel at the end of her evasive tumble. Nivel was punted a bit but it wasn’t nearly as bad as Hammerfist’s other attacks.[/left]

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Magic Trick

Postby Nivel on April 21st, 2015, 7:28 am

Nivel rolled out of the way as Hammer fist used her giant hand as a cleaver and chopped at the Mage Squire like she was overzealous chef. The pit fighter was far to ofast for Nivel and an arm, tail and ear were all severed from Nivel’s body. Shrill screams of anguish erupted from Nivel and Hammer fist stepped back but otherwise seemed unfazed. Nivel frantically stumped to her missing species and devoured them into a newly formed void in he torso. The wounds started to form back right way but Nivel still trembled from the ordeal.

“You’re far to attached to your limbs” HammerFist interjected “We aren’t like the other races, losing limbs doesn’t really hurt us it’s all in your head.”

Nivel had a hard time believing that the feelings she felt were all just made up, They were real as anything else she’d ever experienced. Nivel didn’t feel like talking or continuing this fight, This pycons attitude didn’t sit well with Nivel and she was beyond exhausted at this point. She did have to admit that this was one of her more challenging fights and despite her mixed feeling the mage squire knew she would be back to fight this pycon again.

“I..am rather attached to my limbs you are right about that…” Nivel trailed off, forming words was difficult “ Anyways..I think I need to go home…I just can’t fight anymore”

“Oh thats nonsense, The fight had only just started!” Hammer fist scoffed at Nivel’s lack of willingness. “I’m a little disappointed, I was hoping for more of a challenge than this.”

“I’m sorry to disappoint..but I just can’t at the moment, I need to go home and rest.” Nivel calmly replied.

Patcha jumped into the pit and ran over to Nivel without needing to be called, It was clear enough that her rider was in need of assistance. Nivel thanked her mount and forced herself to climb aboard the furry animal.

“I hope..you have a good day” Nivel waved back at her opponent who simply snorted in response. The mage Squire was a little hurt by the rude gesture but didn’t take it to personally.

With a few lazily signals from the hands at the end of Nivels tentacle, Patcha trotted quickly to the dormitories where her tiny clay friend could recover from her ordeal.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Magic Trick

Postby Sayana on May 12th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Nivel

Skills:
Skill EXP
Riding: Dog +2
Meditation +2
Flux +4
Dancing +3
Negotiation +2
Rhetoric +3
Socialization +1
Tactics +3
Acrobatics +3
Pyken +2
Endurance +3
Planning +1
Observation +1
Auristics +1

Lores:
  • Hammer Fist: Challenging Pyken fighter
  • Negotiation: Staying friendly when faced with an aggressive personality
  • Socialization: Dealing with a skeptic
  • The pain of losing limbs is all in your head
  • Surrendering in a fight

Shield Points:
Shield Points Earned Reason
+3 Training

Total: +3 Shield Points

Comments :
Great thread. You certainly know how to combine lots of different skills in your training. I hope that some day Nivel will be good enough at Pyken to give Hammer Fist a good whipping.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread. However, make sure to keep the link so that the DS can review graded threads with ease.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)