PM to join New City. New Start.

(Zandelia) Getting used to a new city and finding their feet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on April 13th, 2015, 1:57 pm

"Sounds as if you have it all planned already. Anyone in particular you're going to fish for to hire you?" She gave a smile then, her head giving a small tilt as she lifted the kettle away and lowered it to the ground. It was there she left it, letting the liquid steep as it was tended to. It was only after Zandelia had tended to her own that Fallon proceeded to work upon hers, merely listening as she served the small amount of honey into her tea. Gently swirling it round she let the words repeat in her head, the smile holding place as she leaned back and let her shoulders brush against the wall behind, "It's why they call me wilding. Still, are you sure you wish to partake in joining me? Could be awfully dangerous, more so for you city folk." It was little more than a teasing jab, her voice humming, "Little dirt never hurt anyone though."

It was gently she placed a finger upon the lips, and then lowered to the chin to hold it, "It is good that you did not go through with the threat then? Do not worry your conscious upon it too much my dear," her hand shifted then, a small trace across the forehead, "Else you will obtain your wrinkles sooner rather than later." With that she withdrew, returning to nursing her drink and taking the first sip. She pulled away exhaling, and lowered it to rest upon her lap - it was still far too hot for her to even consider drinking. It was with a sigh she surveyed the room once more, admiring the work that had been put in place to make it a home for them - such a simple act in order to clean and bring it up to something more liveable. Of course, the addition of their own furnishings would come in good time, but for the moment it would do.

"Sometimes, it is just good to sit and do little else. Just wind away the time in enjoying and appreciating the world and life for what it is. Be mundane, and simply reflect upon the happenings that have come and gone," Her brow rose, a slither of white breaking from between her lips, "Observe, remember, understand... Yes. It appears that we can be." Holding the cup now in one hand, Fallon simply let the other rest upon the bench, thumb and finger rubbing the wood surface as she gently hummed to herself.

"Simple things, easy things. But what is easy and what is simple? What is mundane?" She looked into the rippling depths of her drink then, the surface rippling in the low light that flickered through, "You with your smile, cougar. What are you thinking I do sometimes wonder, though, I have a feeling you'll never tell me either," She took a sip then, "Such as you are. But a debate you wish for? I am sure I could try and think something up for you." Her fingers drummed, her eyes looking down to the tea once more, "Still believe the tea matches the maker? Or do you disagree with my statement?"

Looking she sighed, expression growing soft as she simply looked and watched the expression change and rest. So calm she was, content with what little they had achieved today, the scrapping starts of formulating their own peace. It was here the foundation would be rebuilt, and with it a new life could be formulated, and with it a new start. It was a chilled thought however that tickled against the back of her mind then, a dark warning of what could be coming for them - none ever escaped the consequences of their choices, how long did they truly have? Inhaling, she shifted her gaze away once more and stared into the flames of the fire. Now was not the time for such thoughts, enjoy the moment, focus on the plans she could work towards. She had to plant that see of hope somewhere, anywhere and to then keep tending to it as much as possible, "So, how does one further the mundane? Get a job, find steady employment, a nice house, good food, someone to share it with... what else...," Her hands clapped together then, teeth flashing into a grin. With a point at the woman she spoke with gusto, "Get married!" Her cheeks flushed then, eyes widening slightly as she realised what she said, "I mean, uh... that's uh... what the mundane do in books right?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on May 18th, 2015, 10:21 pm

She merely snorted at the comment about being one of the city folk, she had never claimed to be anything but and they both knew she was not the most adept at surviving in the wilderness. She preferred it that way if she were honest but when you were offered the opportunity to spend some alone time away from others with the one you cared for there were really no other options. She would accept and suffer for it, a price she was quite happy to pay.

“I have enough wrinkles, thank you very much. And yes, I am sure oh wildling of mine. One day I may surprise you, never know” she stated as she blew upon her cup and looked into its depths for a little while, still listening in contented silence.

There was little else to say, they had both talked at length about plans and the future, the past and various other things. She was sure they had repeated some of those conversations for want of anything else to discuss. She was beginning to see that it was not about having new things to say, it was about being able to talk about things already discussed without complaint. That they could enjoy simply talking, the topic was becoming irrelevant as time progressed. There was one topic, however, that was stated that had certainly not reared its head so far – marriage.

Fallon seemed to pick the most opportune moment to blurt it out almost, her cup pressed to her lips and some tea beginning the trickling down her throat to warm her stomach. That was until the words came, out of nowhere and a complete surprise. It was then that her throat closed and she choked upon the drink violently. Not through distaste but pure shock. She did her best not to let it spray everywhere but she failed quite spectacularly as the coughing came and she bent forwards, batting her chest as the cup rattled its way across the table – thankfully empty after the last mouthful now half-across her own front. She wanted to respond with words but they wouldn't come until the fit subsided, slowly and violently. She breathed in deeply afterwards, hands trying to smooth down what little dry dignity she had remaining to her.

“You...” she almost wheezed, “you did..that on...purpose!” she managed to get out eventually between splutters as the aftershocks began to subside and some semblance of frayed normality asserted itself.

She settled herself and gathered herself mentally, the suggestion had brought scarlet to Fallon's cheeks and had clearly been said with sincerity. She had not imagined that it would be said but she treated it with all seriousness and not a small portion of an increasing ego. It was impossible not to like the idea of the world knowing they belonged to each other, outwardly for once and for all to see.

“Not the way I had imagined it to be brought up, I see no flowers or anything ceremonious,” she continued after a few more breaths, steadier now, “though I have to give you credit for personal originality wolf dearest. Now that I can speak again...” she toyed with the cup before her after retrieving it, “and with no dignity left...is that a proposal?” she asked softly, looking at her directly now and trying to gather some composure that seemed to not want to come back.

There was no inner-denial that it was something that – now there before her – she found there was a desire for. There had been the assumption that they would just continue as they had done so far, such niceties of lifestyle had not had much hope in Sunberth. Zeltiva, clearly, was affecting them both in ways that they were not yet fully aware of. She blamed the weather, it was just nicer here.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on May 19th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Fallon watched as the woman considered her words, mulling over the tea before them. The blush however still remained, a sheepish glance fluttering as she considered her position and the best way to continue. It seemed at first as if there was disbelief to what was said, that momentary blip between hearing and understanding. Her partner coughed loudly, with Fallon reaching forward to pat upon the back. Concern gave a flicker, the lowering of her own cup onto the surface. There was the smallest shuffle closer, the eyes flickering as she tried to gain a reading upon her partner and gave only a small, nervous smile, "On purpose? Of course. Though, it is your own fault for choosing to take a mouthful then." Silence existed for a moment, the small pull away to grasp upon a cloth before offering it over. She summoned up a second shortly after, "Here, dry yourself off...? Do you want to get changed ?"

It was nerves that ruled within now, the pulse quickening, the eyes darting about in search for an answer. She knew what she had asked, the meaning behind it all. It was no light question, important despite her way of questioning. A heat of the moment decision, Zandelia was right on the fact she could have asked better - a true proposal should be formulated and something special. Taking up the kettle, she gave it a small shake to listen to the inside, "Another cup seeing as you decided to wear yours?" She chewed upon her lip, and proceeded to fill the cup anyway before nudging the honey over.

"You wanted flowers?" Fallon eased herself back down and peered at Zandelia from beneath her brow. The lids gave a small narrow as she tried to feel her way around the situation, the dull thudding of blood within her ears growing loud. It was a proposal, of course it was up to the woman to decide on whether or not to accept it - and it was such a possibility that it would be refused that frightened her. Was it too soon to ask? Should she not have asked at all? Should she have waited until later? Would she be spurned for such actions? Eyes gave a small blink, both seemingly fighting for composure. What should she do? Her eyes gave a small flicker around the room, weighing up her options and what to act upon.

With a deep inhale, Fallon forced herself to move. She had promised herself to not run away from such things any more, which meant she had to face the situation head on. Still, the iron weigh of worry took a strangle hold, clenching now into her lungs and setting into her nerves. Warm, uncomfortably so - she had to stop the fingers from nervously twitching. The body moved, the expression turning to one of calm as she did little more than bend a knee before the other and offered her hand. She swallowed, and let the soft tones come forth.

"Sunshine. My love. My dearest. Zandelia Sansom," she spoke the name at the end, seriousness filling her voice, "I am sorry there are no flowers, or anything remotely ceremonious outside of me taking a knee and looking my usual scruffy self. But, this is important and I feel that if I don't ask now then I shall never ask at all." Her lips gave a small curl, eyes bright and searching in the features, "So, to the woman I adore, more than words could express. The smart, intelligent, kind and beautiful woman I've ever had the fortune to know. The one who can put up we me and my antics, who's stood by my side through thick and thin. I'd be honoured to have the chance to spend my life with you... So, in answer to your question that was a proposal. And now I shall ask again, will you marry me?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on May 23rd, 2015, 4:01 pm

Taking the proffered cloth she dabbed at the worst of the wetness, a futile effort to clean herself up really all things considered but it gave her hands something to occupy themselves with as the situation grew to present itself in its importance. Nerves jangled between the mechanical motions, more so than if she had been facing down a whole army of thugs. Strange it was, how she could deal with the worst of things through adrenaline and reaction but the very best of things left fingers stumbling and shaking. She made the show, gave up as she noted just how covered she was, placing the cloths down upon the table, crumpled and forlorn.

“Please” she cleared her throat and took the now filled cup, niceties of conversation filled and covered for the lack of physical distraction for a time.

Sipping it now she tried to gather herself and salvage some of the composure that had been spectacularly lost. She raked her hair back and a tentative smile spread across her lips as she watched Fallon. She was not prepared for what was to come though, she had expected perhaps a jest. A diversion on to something else perhaps. She knew how the other felt but being truly honest with herself she had never really given thought to whether anything would be formalized – to the rest of the world at least. Not beyond what already existed. As the answer came and the knee was taken she carefully avoided not sipping further and making a total arse of herself. Nerves reared higher momentarily before being replaced with something far more pleasurable – joy.

How could I say no to her? was the only thought that managed to flicker, briefly, within her skull.

Courage, that most distinctive quality of Fallon's. That was what was being shown. Courage, and trust. There had been clear signs of the other's own nervous nature but that was now smoothed over, covered by the official question. Such a formal request, perfectly executed with all the heart in the world. The words made her feel special, more so than usual given the event. A princess from one of the old tales, she wished she had chosen to wear a dress now. Her mouth was an 'o' of surprise for a few seconds before a broad grin replaced it, lighting her face. She didn't take the hand, that was far too small a gesture. No, she all but threw herself down to embrace her with laughter. There were no words to describe how she felt, the surge in happiness and the inability to stem it – nor the desire to stem it. Tight squeezes, Fallon would find it hard to breathe for a few moments as she was showered with kisses. Eventually she took her face, pushing back the strands of hair to look into her eyes with her own emerald.

“Yes..yes! Of course I will,” the words gushed out of her, “there's only one answer to such a beautiful, strong and devoted love” she laughed and embraced her again. She had no pretty words of description, just honest, simple truth.

Inevitability had knocked and had been answered, sooner than expected and out of the peripheral but answered all the same. Commitment of the highest order, it was terrifying but elating at the same time. Silly, really, she supposed. They had already made such vows, just not this precise one. Perhaps she would learn that it changed everything, she had nothing to compare it to. Stepped out of her neatly controlled comfort zones, a vast unknown before her. She had Fallon to support her though, and that was enough. She pushed herself upwards now, shakily and realized there was a stream of tears across her cheek. She pulled the other up as she brushed them away.

“Does this mean you're the man now? And you still owe me flowers too” she stated, chuckling at the poor attempt at humour.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on May 23rd, 2015, 6:34 pm

There was a blip of time, that great yawn before them as the question and intentions were laid bare. She gave a chew upon her lip, but the eyes did not move from her partner's face - strong, set and defiant. She could not let herself falter right now, not while there was so much at stake. The chill of dread hung onto her, sinking into the flesh as she held her position and waited for an answer. The tentative smile, the weighing up of it and considering what her answer should be. At least until it truly sunk in. Surprise flickered there, the tracings of a blush upon her face before it turned upwards into a grin - cat like before the formalised response came. The hand was ignored, offered as it was, and in response she was given something much more.

Fallon, staggered, swayed and fell upon her backside when Zandelia threw herself down to her level. The air was knocked from her lungs, the pure state of terror being swept away with the pleasures of emotion. Responses came, unable to be processed into words and so displayed in their raw form instead. She braced, fingers and hands touching, feeling their way across as the laughter chimed all so loudly in her ears. Lips, she felt those, pure ticks of moments as the scene was solidified in their minds forever - her own responded in like, her hands searching for the others before finding them at last. Tears, she saw them and peeled her hand away to gently brush them off the cheek. There was a flicker of concern upon her face then, a tentative checking that everything was indeed alright before the eyes met and the words flowed forth. Her own lips curled upwards, a grin upon her face as the laughter continued. Cupping her chin, she planted a long, slow kiss upon her lips, her own eyes taking on the glimmered sheen of tears.

"Thank you," she exhaled, before the fingers clung to her and held her close - as tight as she could muster. It was shared now, and while they had the unknown before them, a new chapter in their life to step forward into. But, it was not a task to be taken lightly. Still she held onto the belief that both of them would make it if they stood together. It was their way, they managed to stay stronger and held the ability to succeed when they did. There was a final kiss, the dragging up to stand. How much she had to resist pulling Zandelia back into an embrace, simple desires and wants pressing into an impulse.

"The man?" she questioned, now standing upon her feet. She took her partner's hand, fingers and thumbs intertwining as she released a chuckle, "Only if you so desire. You do after all tell me how to dress myself despite the obvious preference of trousers." Her lips gave a curl, a gentle bump of the forehead against the other, "Though, I don't think that really matters right now. Does it?" Smiling, it was hard to stop. She gave another brush, a small pull away with an inviting tug towards the stairs. Cleaning, tidying, it could wait. There was much more important things to attend to, "Come. We can see to the rest in the morning, it's not going anywhere." A single glance back, eyes only for her woman now, "And right now, all I want is you. Nothing else."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 3rd, 2015, 4:33 am

A Grade is Coming
Your Wave
I was happily surprised to see a marriage proposal arise from this charmer. Congrats, guys!

Fallon
XP
  • Projection 3
  • Organization 3
  • Housekeeping 3
  • Flirting 5
  • Persuasion: 2
Lores
  • Projection: Leg Tendrils
  • Projection: Splitting Leg Tendrils
  • Sunberth: Feeling the Loss
  • Perseverance is Key