Solo [Bohrnn & GoldWoerth] Bear with me!

(Calendar Event) 78th- Bohrnn and GoldWoerth are baffled as their entire stock of stuffed bear toys goes missing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Bohrnn & GoldWoerth] Bear with me!

Postby Fallon on March 27th, 2015, 8:51 pm

78th Spring 515AV

It was the sharp knocking upon her office door that snatched Fallon's attention from the page before her. Loud, urgent, something firm about it that suggested she needed to answer it as quickly as possible. Her brow creased at it for a moment, ears straining as she heard the young voice from behind the wood - not a child's voice, but certainly not an adults. A courier perhaps? They did seem to employ such frequently for messages that were of urgency - or those that could afford them. Sighing, she lowered down the quill, eyes sweeping forward to the door as she cleared her throat, "The door is unlocked. Come in."

There was the hurried steps as the young lad - barely a teenager came in letter clutched in his hand as he took those strides across the room. It was with a hurried slap he placed it on the desk before her. Fallon raised an eyebrow, quill tip gingerly brushing against the paper. She spied the wax seal, an off golden yellow colour with a cog neatly pressed into it. Lips pursed after that, her gaze sweeping towards the lad who stood their expectantly. Taking it up, she turned it neatly in her fingers, thumb slipping briefly beneath the edge, "Next time, don't slap the letter down upon the desk, thank you. Hand it physically over to be taken by the receiver."

She watched the lad chew at his lips, cheeks puffing as she deliberately took her time reading it. Strong lettering, she noted, shaped to create precision over elegance - A single Lady I. GoldWoerth having written this particular message:
Dear Ms Skylar ,

Due to unforeseen events, the establishment of Bohrnn and GoldWoerth has been broken into overnight and had some of their stock stolen. While I understand that you yourself are busy with your business, it would be greatly appreciated if you could come over to the store immediately and assist with investigations related to the stolen stock. If you are unable to, please return the courier with the letter as soon as possible,

Yours Sincerely,

Lady I. GoldWoerth

Fallon hummed and folded the letter over once as she pondered over it. It was an emergency, and this sounded much more interesting than simply sitting around the office biding her time. Slowly, Fallon stood and gave a nod to the courier. It was not long after that she was out the door, the coat pulled on, the gloves covering the hands and the tools she needed for her work strapped to her person - even the seemingly unnecessary kurki found its position upon her. And it was with those determined steps in the direction of the store, courier eagerly leading the way. It was the appearance of the narrow stone arch that gave her pause, her eyes suspiciously looking to the stone steps before she traversed them and merely a chime later a narrow bridge crossing an alleyway, the looming presence of the store now before her as she at last took those steps into the establishment.
Last edited by Fallon on June 1st, 2015, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on April 3rd, 2015, 4:29 pm

It was when Fallon was in the store proper, fingers holding the letter loosely that the investigator took her position, quietly waiting as the courier lad continued on through. And it was in such a time during the took the opportunity to look around the room, noting the door that went on no doubt to the rest of the establishment - it was the front however that the public mostly saw. The low shelves, the small novelties here and there put on display. She gave a step past as one of the clerks hurried on past, her gaze lifting as she felt her skin prickle - the room felt small, and that was enough to give her the smallest of frowns. It was with her gaze snapping back that she caught the gesture of the courier as he gave the smallest gesture to back to Fallon, and the seeming Lady GoldWoerth gave a scrutinizing look back across to her. Fallon however, simply gave a smile back, the leathers of her gloves flexing as she drunk the woman in. Dressed, yet while there was signs of the upper class it was more focused on practicality and working through orders - it was business. A single step and she was before the woman letter held within her left, the right extended out to shake.

"Fallon Skylar of the Scarred Wolf Investigations," there was a flick of the letter, "I received your message and made my way over as quickly as possible."
"Wonderful, so you'll be able to help catch the thief?"
"And attempt to return what was stolen?"
She could see the woman pause then, then slowly nod, "Perhaps," Fallon gave a look around the room, watching the clerks work and catalogue the orders, "I'm going to need information first however, ask questions. Poke around. Do my job." She slipped the letter into her broad belt pouch, and exchanged it for a note book, quill and ink. Opening it and bending it back on its spine, it was her left thumb and fingers that locked around the vial, while the right hand holding onto the quill began to get to work, "So, Seventy-Eighth of Spring..." She tickled her chin with the feather tip, "Well, first question first. What exactly was stolen?"
"Bears."

Fallon paused then, and withdrew her quill. It was with a skewed expression she looked upon the woman, "I may have misheard you then-"
"No, you heard correctly Miss Skylar. Stuffed, toy bears. All of them, the entire stock."

Fallon blinked, then shrugged. Her voice dipping momentarily into a mumble, "Well, if that's what floats your boat. Any signs of forced entry?"
"I... haven't looked?"
"Right... I'll add that to the to do list,"
Fallon sighed.

Fallon gave a glance back over her shoulder as she looked, her brow raising as she drunk the store front in once more. It was strange in the fact that nothing seemed out of place - all articles neat and pristine. Her lips gave a twist as she considered what little was there, her eyes sliding to the front before at last to the store front door. It was with a small step away that she paced her way up to the potential exists, squinting as she checked it. Lady GoldWoerth for the moment turned her attention back to the task at hand, quickly taking a form that was handed to her and reading through it.
Last edited by Fallon on June 1st, 2015, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on April 13th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Taking a kneel, Fallon first traced her fingers along the small window frame that graced the front and let in the slither of natural light, her eyes squinting as she studied it. Smooth wood, no sharp, jagging edges that suggested some kind of tampering or forced entry. Her fingers ran up the side, bare and feeling the bumps as she continued - nothing. She breathed, taking her note book once and scribbling down into the surface, "No signs of forced entry here..." Her eyes slid t around the door then, a peer at the front lock before she shook her head, "Neither here. Is there any other ways in?"

"Yes there is,"
the Lady looked at her then from beneath her brow, "Why? The doors were all secured by our staff at night...?"
"Checking for any signs of tampering,"
Fallon spoke, straightening out and making her way back over. She licked her lips as she came closer, tapping back through her notes. Was there something missing? What clue was there that she needed to see?, "I'd also like to view the storage room where you used to keep these articles in. Clue check, see for anything suspicious."

There was a raised eyebrow offered in return, but otherwise there was little more than silence and the brief twisting of her expression. Fallon held her look, "Surely, madam, it will only be a quick check - I will not disturb you or your workers too much in my investigations. After all, you do want the culprit caught do you not?"
"Yes, of course,"
came the tight lipped response, "I will see that you get a tour of the business myself, Miss Skylar. Would hate to have workers bother you now."
"Excellent,"
she answered with further scrawling down upon the page, as she drew it out. There was a few more taps of the nib upon the surface, "So, you did not realise that the bears had been missing until you checked then? Suggesting no obvious evidence of forced entry or disturbance... is that correct?"
"That would be."
"So when you said earlier you hadn't looked, would it be more correct to say you hadn't noticed?"
"I..."
"Which leads to the question of when and how did you notice your stock was missing?"
she squinted over the top of her notebook.

It was with a turn of the head that the lady of the store looked away, her eyes coming to narrows. For a moment she did not answer, leaving Fallon silently tapping the quill nib against the page of her notebook. Brow raised, her lips pursed into a line as she simply looked and studied the expression. Was she hiding something? Was there another motive beneath it all? Or perhaps it was merely a reaction to her interrogation tactics - bottle it up and refuse to answer. But then the question of why came forth in her mind. It was at last, that Lady GoldWoerth turned her head back to Fallon and spoke between tight lips, "I was checking the inventory like I do every morning." She sighed then, rather deeply in fact as if this was merely a waste of her time - Fallon could not blame her, "For stock and export reasons, a client was requesting for several things. I was down in the store room at the eight bell, and noticed that the entire collection was gone. Nothing else to it."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on June 1st, 2015, 10:55 am

"Right," Fallon breathed as she made the noting down once more. With a tilt of the head she slowly nodded, reining back the questions for the moment. It was slowly that she spoke then, her eyes lifting to look once more, "So... how about that tour?"
"Yes, that would be good. Come, this way Miss Skylar,"
she seemed almost relieved to be moving once more, drawing away from the store front and into the depths of the building. And so, Fallon took the rear as she was lead on through the doors and down into the belly of the establishment. Not that she seemed to be at the back for very long. There was a short space, the set of wooden doors leading into the large storage room. Her head merely gave a cock to one side, stepping away to allow Fallon entrance - which was quickly taken - and to leave the investigator feeling slightly puzzled.

Fallon's lips pursed, "That was... a quick arrival. The store room?"
"That is correct,"
she heard the voice echo around the store room. Giant was the thought that came to Fallon's mind, stretching in either direction for a dozen or so metres and then across the room too. The shelves too matched - towering high above her head at least double if not triple her height, crates, stacks and various tags and signs marking out where things were supposed to be. There was a dumb blink as she considered it and the best approach to the room, her head bobbing as she walked along the shelf ends, eyes flickering upwards to the high ceiling and the steps that lead upwards to where she did not know. Fallon gave a point to them, "What's up there?"
"That is where the commission plans are passed and stored,"
came the explanation, [b]"I can let you up there, but if you do so, please refrain from touching things - I would hate for the paper work to become disorganised."
"Later, later... now the bears...?"
"Aisle four."

Aisle four was just like all the other aisles, long, tall shelves a space wide enough between them to allow the manoeuvring of larger objects - the shelves just as deep to match. Upon each the scrawling of a card slot rested upon them, various words with a string of numbers beneath cataloguing them individually. With a raised brow she let her eyes rest upon the names before stopping before the guilty shelf. Deep was the first thought that came to mind, an empty space of nothing being left before her. There was the base of the pallet of course, the lip reaching up to hold whatever contents would have rested on there. With a stoop she inspected it, finger running along the edge before she peeled off the glove. Nails gave a small tap, eyes narrowing down as she leaned - there was no immediate sign that this was a hurried steal, nor that there seemed to be any damage left on the pallet.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on June 1st, 2015, 10:56 am

The gaze continued its sweeping, lifting as she spied into the edges. The Lykata gave a prickle, her gaze dulling over as she placed both bare hands now upon it. With a low hum, the sound escaped from her throat, the mind pushing out the external sounds and focusing only on what was before her. It was with a single trace that her focus dipped, going deeper as the sensations began the rushing flood on past, unable to truly grasp upon them properly until the few that did come slammed hard against her consciousness. There was a lack of spite, the doing for some reason or another to serve more as a job than as a joke - a prank. Her lips gave a twitch, parting slightly as she felt the throb of duty over greed, that this was done for a reason. She fell mentally deeper, the pressing of a memory against her mind as she continued to feel it rush on past.

She remembered the rumours of the season, the works of the Poltergeist that took the city by storm. While she chose not to have any work with such things, and even now she had the feeling that the strange circumstances of the stolen stock was related - she could not help but feel that this was off. No, the sensation that this was more mortal was something that played clear in her mind, the Lykata gently pulsing as she cracked the eyes to simply look upon it. No, this was no ghost or ghoul - and it was such a thing that made her nervous. Slowly standing, the inspector shifted away, peeling the gloves back on as she paced the aisles with a frown. Was something being hidden? Was the motive of the crime unclear?

Fallon's eyes shot back to Lady GoldWoerth then, the brow knitting together in a frown. Her attitude, her demeanour, something was not adding up - and she did not like that. Something was not right, and the attention seemed far too focused on something else. Perhaps that was the Zeltivan way, she mused briefly. The thought was quickly pushed aside as she continued her pacing once more. It was with a hum she spoke at last, "I must admit, I expected Bohrnn and GoldWoerth's to be bigger."
"Oh?"
came the response, "How so?"
"I am not sure... It is a rather impressive build from the outside. I expected the same from the inside I suppose. It appears, looks are deceiving,"
she left it there, finger and thumb tapping upon the top of the shelf as she considered her next move. Information, she needed more of it, "So, shall we Miss?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on June 1st, 2015, 10:56 am

The upstairs office that Fallon was quickly showed was indeed as it was, the clerks quietly working away, the signing of documents and papers before being stored away. She did not dally long there, her eyes briefly scanning to see that there was nothing truly amiss in the room - sealed off completely and the windows far too small to be crawled through. There was also no sign of disturbance, nor did the staff really pay attention to her when she did appear. Perhaps a small nod of acknowledgement, but nothing beyond that. It was with a simple hum that Fallon was lead back down the steps into the store room, "So, nowhere else? Is there a back door at all? I mean, you must have a method in which to remove bulk, larger goods?"
"Yes, yes... did you wish to inspect that too?"
"Well, it was the idea I had in mind - unless you wish to object...?"
And if she did, that would only raise suspicions further that things were not quite right.

She spied the tight smile, the subtle sharpness growing within the eyes before she moved begrudgingly. It was the slow clacking of steps that lead her around the back of the storeroom and towards the rear. It was with a gesture to the set of double doors that Fallon paused, the latch closed and locked within. Beyond she could hear the sound of the street, the sounds of life that existed faint as they were. She gave only a hum on the back of her heels, her brow creasing into a line as she paced it. It was tall enough she reasoned to allow entrance of a cart if need be, tall and wide, the faint grooves in the ground suggested this as well. There was the worn locks, the weathered wood and peeling paint. Her brow gave a frown as she looked upon it, stooping as she noted that it seemed unusually clean for its age, and moved to inspect the lock.

It did not look as if it had been forced either, the wrought iron strong and sturdy if not a little tarnished. Peering through the key hole she could see the world beyond, the flickering bright light of day. And then something caught her eye. Peeling back she gave a testing scratch to the lock, the stub of her finger picking up the dried texture and smearing it away. In all her years she did not expect to see such of thing there, and when she did glance back to the woman she spied no change of expression. Gently rubbing her thumb and forefinger together, she spied the rusted copper colour it left, the faint scent and texture she was all far too familiar with.

Fallon's stomach gave a knot, her form rising up to stand as she looked to control herself. The stilled mask found itself in place, composure being her foremost thought as she gave a respectful nod to the lady, "Thank you, I believe I am done here. I'll get out of your way now Lady GoldWoerth and begin working on a report." Her lips gave a small curl up into a smile, a slow respectful nod as she backtracked towards the entrance. She knew what she had seen, her hairs rose and her nostrils flared to the sensation. Inhaling, she gave a glance down to the fingertips and made her conclusions. Blood, she had seen blood.

No. It was not right at all.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on August 23rd, 2015, 2:36 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Fallon
Skills
  • Reading: 1
  • Teaching: 1
  • Writing: 2
  • Interrogation: 3
  • Investigation: 5
  • Planning: 1
  • Logic: 2
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Deduction: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Persuasion: 1
  • Subterfuge: 1
Lores
  • Isulla GoldWoerth: Shopkeeper at Bohrnn & GoldWoerth
  • Interrogation: Rewording questions to get a more precise answer
  • Investigation: Timing can be an important factor
  • Investigation: Searching for evidence of forced entry
  • Lykata: Harnessed for investigation
  • Investigation: The distinct smell and texture of blood
  • Lady GoldWoerth: Not quite as she appears

Comments: Wonderful thread. I really enjoyed Fallon's thoroughness and how she was equally looking into the 'crime scene' as well as the lady who led her through it. You also left me in a cliff hanger. *points accusing finger* Now I'll have to find the continuation of this one.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)