PM to join Who leaves notes held up only by a dagger?

Ashe finds a bloody note held by a dagger, This might be a trap

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Who leaves notes held up only by a dagger?

Postby Ashe on June 28th, 2015, 4:01 pm

28th day of summer
7th Bell

Ashe decided that today was supposed to be a day of rest from her supposed work and not a single interruption as she lay tucked in her bed without a piece of clothing to cover lightly toasted skin. Her hair was strewn across the drool scented pillow where she rested her head and Ashe fluttered her eyes to the sight of a wooden ceiling standing above her. The young woman looked around her single room cottage to the hearth standing across the room from her, a solemnly used privy in the other corner, and her iron staff resting against the wall next to the front door.

A couple chimes after, she turned to the wall next to her bed, and buried her head deeper into the pillow then wrapped herself even tighter with the covers. The young woman wasn't going to budge until she heard a 'tap tap tap-ing' sound on the door and Ashe yelled out at the door "I'll be there in a few moments!"

Ashe scurried out of her bed with a thud against the floor as she rolled out of the older bed and quickly opened the trunk at the foot of her bed. There sat her usual shirt, pants, and boots standing on top of her other pieces of clothing or equipment that haven't been used for many winters before her loss of a family. After opening the trunk she quickly dressed herself with the exception of the boots which still sat in the trunk and opened the front door.

The tapping sound on the other side of the door was a tall and muscular man with a mallet resting in his hands. "Can I help you Ivan?" Ashe smiled at him and she watched as the man pointed at the opposite side of the door. It was a note, pinned to the wooden exterior of the door by an elaborate looking dagger, It had a strange leaf-like bend moving the blade forward, and Ashe reached over to the handle to have her hand swatted by the man.

"The dagger could be coated with some kind of junk...but I wanted you to check out the note" Ivan said reaching into his pockets for gloves and pulled the pair of dark leather gloves onto his hands. "Oh?" Ashe answered blankly and reached over again to the note to drag the piece of parchment out from underneath the dagger's grasp. The writing was horrible and she could barely decipher what it could mean but she did understand that it was written in some kind of blood which prompted her to gently clamp down on her lip.

She read though the note as it read 'I KNOW YE SEQRET COM TO THE HARBOUR TO ALONE AND UNARMD AT 23RD BELL TO KEP ME FROM SHARING WIT TH' MOBS
-THE DAGGERHAND
'

Ashe felt a chill run down her back then looked at Ivan whom pulled the strange dagger from the door and was seen checking his gloves as the fingers wandered the blade. "What secret is this note talking about?" Ashe asked.

"I don't know, But looking past your creepy petching tricks we'll highly recommend again that you'd move in with us, at least until this dies down" Ivan said with a moment of silence from Ashe and with a wry smile. "I think i'll take you up on that offer if this happens to...I don't know not be an empty threat?" The young woman said leaning against the doorway and looking disappointed. "What if it is?" Ivan asked the young woman and she gave him a blank stare.

"I'll just stay, Its not like the mobs are all that bright, sure they might have gotten some of us over the past few years but if we look like we belong here and nothing's wrong. I just don't think they would accuse me of being a witch or a mage or whatever they call people like me and if they do then shame on them. I'll just leave for this place called Ravok or follow where the merchants get their wares" Ashe explained and with a moment of silence Ivan sighed.

"Josie and the boys would miss you if something happened, be careful Ashe" Ivan said handing the young woman the strangely shaped dagger after wiping off what appeared to be a clear fluid along the blade with his gloves.

Secret :
Item acquired: Kukri
Last edited by Ashe on June 29th, 2015, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashe
The closet mage

Words: 33740
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2015, 3:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ashe on June 29th, 2015, 3:31 am

"Thank you Ivan, As soon as I get home after this supposed meeting we should speak more on the subject" Ashe said to the man as he walked away from the single room cottage and gave a brief wave to her.

The woman quietly turned around and closed the door behind her. She had neglected to put on her undergarments, so with a quick slide of the dagger Ashe placed the kukri along with the piece of parchment on top of the hearth, and quickly made her way to the trunk to correct her own grooming mistake. 'I want to sleep some more...' Ashe thought to herself as she looked back at her bed with covers strewn on the floor and the young woman started to wrap herself in the covers then returned to resting on her bed.

With a full bell of lying in wait, Ashe fell asleep and began to dream...

Her dreams put her at the Baroque bay, watching the ships sail by, and the sailors climbing off their individual ships through the gang plank after the vessel was tied to the pier. Some of the sailors and the ships looked familiar, by the men who often were seen roaming the sea side market district of Sunberth, and the sailing ships that were seen being loaded with large wooden barrels by the people working with the docks. Ashe continued to watch the operation unfold in front of her as the sun soon started to move faster as people of various races moved many times faster than the ball of light sitting above them.

The sun didn't burn when Ashe looked at it even as it set over the horizon and the moon took it's place. When the young woman looked at the sea side market there was barely anyone moving with the exception of a burly man dressed in black robes and a white smiling theatre mask. This sight disturbed the young woman and she called out to him "Who are you?". "Can you hear me? Who are you?" Ashe asked again, but this time louder and leaning forward.

Once again there was no answer, Ashe folded her arms, and closed her eyes while turning away then said "Fine, be that way!" The only sound she heard was a gentle gust of wind and when she opened her eyes the robed man was in front of her, brandishing same the odd shaped knife Ivan picked up for her. The man pushed the knife forward in a stabbing motion as Ashe screamed "Petch!" causing her to wake up and climb forward in a bouncing motion in her bed.

"Gods...Okay...I don't think it's a wise idea to be resting at a time like this need to get moving..." Ashe said to herself. She quietly crawled out of bed and slid on her boots then reaching further into her box to pick out a few golden mizas for her day outside. Afterwards she walked outside and locked the door then she looked at the key.

'I probably should put this some place safer...perhaps' Ashe thought to herself walking around the cottage to find a hidden spot beneath the cottage and hid it there. "Good now I go waste some time" The young woman said with a slightly disturbed look on her face as she marched away from the cottage and walked down to the bay.
Ashe
The closet mage

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ashe on June 30th, 2015, 3:39 am

Baroque Bay
22nd bell

Ashe was wandering the street along the sea side market and the docks where many of the ships sat tied off to wooden pillars. The darkness of the night made it difficult for her to see the faces of the drunken sailors and their sober counterparts scrambling for their ships or deeper into The Drunken Fish that was starting to become empty for the night. She shook her head, once again she found herself wandering outside the safety of her home, and this time without her trusty iron staff.

"Petch...what a lousy night" Ashe muttered to herself almost loud enough to have a few bystanders trade glances with her and carry on to their business of walking home. The young woman sighed, the sense of what seemed to be an adventure failed her yet again, and she walked further toward The Drunken Fish until Ashe heard another set of feet against the ground. She turned around to feel the force of a strong punch thrown by a dark robed figure and the young woman fell to the ground unconscious.

Secret :
Time skipped considering that there was nothing Ashe can do

By the time Ashe regained her consciousness, she felt violated, her breasts were aching, her belly clearly growling at it's mistress, and her crotch feeling like it was rubbed by a tree branch. Also she felt a warm presence keeping her aloft and the young woman opened her eyes to the sight of a white smiling theatre mask. "Petch! Who are you?" Ashe said glaring at the figure and with a quiet response the figure spoke in a deep tone.

"The keeper of your secret" The figure responded as it threw the young woman into the water and ran off into the crowds of people further along the bay. Ashe realized that the robed figure robbed her of the very clothes she had on her back and the few golden mizas she had in her pockets. 'I must get to 'em!' She thought to herself as she quickly scaled the rotting pier only to find that the figure disappeared into the nearby bustling market place.

The woman looked distraught as she touched her own soaked skin and looked towards the sky as the sun started to rise above the horizon. "I...lost the very clothes...I wear..."Ashe muttered to herself slowly walking down the rotten pier holding herself closely.
Last edited by Ashe on August 1st, 2015, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashe
The closet mage

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby L'orlei on June 30th, 2015, 10:19 pm

L'orlei was up early that morning, as she was most mornings. The early morning was one of the best time to find customers, in her experience. Much of her sales came from offering cures for hangovers. She had some herbal remedies, and made a decent sum in tips "massaging" the hangovers away. The head massage was just a cover for her healing, of course. L'orlei had no idea how to give a good head massage. She didn't charge a specific amount, but she did ask for mizas for the service. Normally she did not charge for using her gnosis, but in Sunberth people were suspicious of things that seemed to good to be true, and that included things that were free.

The Konti arrived at the seaside market around the same time Ashe did, though she did not actually see the woman. L'orlei spread out her pack, taking care not to put out any of her scrolls. That was just asking for trouble. She also avoided her usual method of call people by their name to draw their interest. That too was suspicious.

"Care for a hangover cure," she called to a wobbly sailor named Birch, who simply shot her a dirty look before moving on. "How about a head massage? Guaranteed to take away the pain, and just tip me what you can."

That did stop the man and he turned to look at her. "You any good?"

"The best! You'll swear I gave you a full body massage even though it was just your head. All your aches and pains will go away."

The man studied her for a moment, wobbling slightly. "Sounds a little too good to be true. Will you take care of my other head too?"

"Other... head?" L'orlei mumbled, confused. Had she gotten the word wrong? Gods! Had she been using the wrong word this whole time!? No, no. She was sure she had the right word, but this man clearly had only one head. It wasn't until he made a lewd gesture that L'orlei understood, her eyes widening in surprise. "What? No! I don't.. No, I don't do that!"

The man eyed her for a few ticks, and L'orlei was frightened he might actually try something. She put her hand on her suvai, knowing full well she was more likely to stick herself than the man, but it made her feel a bit better knowing she had some sort of protection. Her reimancy was no use in a fight, she wasn't skilled enough, and she wouldn't risk using it anyway. Finally the man grunted, apparently deciding she wasn't worth it, and moved on. L'orlei let out a sigh of relief. The rest of the morning went by slowly, and the Konti decided to pack up and move somewhere else. That was when she heard the splash.

It was a little distant, but investigating it seemed a more interesting idea than sitting around hoping for customers. She doubted it was children playing in the water. There was no laughter. In fact. L'orlei wasn't sure that anyone even knew how to play in Sunberth, at least not without hurting somebody.

Seeing a dripping and naked woman stumbling along was not at all what L'orlei expected. The name sounded in her mind before the Konti even recognized her. Ashe Fallwood.

"Ashe!" L'orlei ran forward and pulled the blanket from her bag, throwing it around the naked woman to cover and dry her. "What happened to you? Are you hurt!?"
Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ashe on July 1st, 2015, 4:27 am

Ashe's eyes began to swell into tears as a brightly colored blob ran charging at her, she balled her hands into a pair of fists, and immediately loosened her fists to wipe the tears from her dark colored eyes. It was the konti named L'orlei running up to her, dragging out a blanket from what seemed to be a backpack, and wrapping her soaking wet body with it. She was ready to fall on her knees and start bawling into the soft sheet. Nothing seemed as the young woman had planned, Ashe didn't find out what secret the man was talking about, she lost a few mizas, and worst of all the man stole the very clothes strapped to her back.

The only thing that stopped her from doing so was the konti coming to her rescue and saying "Ashe! What happened to you? Are you hurt?!" Which prompted a shaken "Yees...My head hurt..and my body feels s-s-so roughed...up". Ashe was struggling to keep herself from emotionally breaking down as she whimpered "Someone knows my secret...And HE threatened to warn the mobs of me knowing...magic...And HE s-stole my clothes...And did somethings to..me...And threw me into the bay...It's no longer safe... for me to be alone." The young woman wanted to scratch her head, to try to shrug off the distraught feeling wreaking havoc with her emotions, and she winced to find a throbbing bump on the side of her head.

With the throbbing pain of her head Ashe remembered listening to her mother that one way to help with the ache is to rest in bed and she muttered "I also need some rest. My head hurts" briefly wiping her eyes from the tears where the whites of her eyes became a faint pink from the salt in her tears. "Ay...I don't want the mobs to go looking for me and even so I don't want to die just because of one man spreading my secret to those who will kill me" added the young woman as she held her head in her hands.
Ashe
The closet mage

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby L'orlei on August 5th, 2015, 4:36 am

"Come on, let's get you off the street. You can hide at my place."

L'orlei listened as they walked, cataloging everything that Ashe said. She thought she knew what had been done to the woman. Rape was not common on Mura, practically unheard of in fact. She could heal the scrapes, the bruises, even the ache from what had been done. If she had been raped, and the seed quickened.. Well, there was nothing she could do about that. Or could she? There were poultices she could make, things that might prevent someone from getting pregnant, but she wasn't sure of the ingredients, nor if such a poultice were even necessary in this instance.

Focus, L'orlei. Get her inside. Heal her. Worry about the rest later.

Her room was not far, and L'orlei ushered Ashe in before her, shutting and locking the door behind them. She quickly ran to the bed and cleared it of all the random junk laying on top of it and motioned Ashe toward it. "Lie down." L'orlei ran over to the hearth and sparked up a flame. Luck was with her and it lit on the third strike, after which she immediately set a kettle to boil. She turned back to Ashe and if she was not on the bed already, L'orlei would guide her there herself.

"Be still. I'll take care of you."

If Ashe did not struggle, L'orlei would lay her hands on the woman. She closed her eyes and focused on her goddess, whispering a quiet prayer to Rak'keli as she did so. Waves of healing energy flowed from her hands and into Ashe's body, healing away the smaller injuries and aches. Anything major, though L'orlei could not see any such wounds, would heal a little and be safe from infection.

"There. Better? Be still and rest up. Do you know who did this to you?"
Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ashe on August 5th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Ashe could barely understand the konti over the wall of fear that stood around her as L''orlei said "Come on, let's get you off the street. You can hide at my place." Staying at a place where the mobs didn't expect to find Ashe, even if they wanted to find her, seemed like a sound plan but the young woman felt too absorbed by the fear to realize she was walking with L'orlei to her apartment.

By the time the two reached the single room apartment Ashe was ushered into the room and heard L'orlei tell her to lie down after the konti cleared it of junk that Ashe assumed to be home goods recently bought at the market next to the bay. Regardless of what the junk could be, The young woman walked to the edge of the bed and wrapped the blanket tighter around her before lying down on the bed. Soon on the third strike of what seemed to be a flint Ashe saw L'orlei come back to her saying "Be still. I'll take care of you" then whispered a quiet prayer after closing her eyes and resting her hands on the bewildered Ashe.

The act was strange, Most of the magic Ashe knew about was Hypnosis and Reimancy. Both in a practical sense but nothing that could be used to heal aches, small wounds, or any of the sort, at least not as direct as laying her hands on a person, and the person feels better. The young woman listened to L'orlei as the konti asked "There. Better? Be still and rest up. Do you know who did this to you?"

Ashe nodded at L'orlei then she thought about the man who took her clothes, abused her body, and dumped her in the bay. If a name could be found even more a face she would have a clue as to who the man was and Ashe said "I don't know...He had a white mask and a black robe...and he had a strange voice...very out of place from 'ere".
Ashe
The closet mage

Character sheet
Scrapbook