Solo The Book Thief

Fallon is called in to help with a case of a missing book and a suspect.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:59 am

Fallon did not remain at the estate for much longer after that. After a brief farewell and the final escape from the eyes of the Master of the house, she made her way over to the Old Quarter stopping only briefly for directions to the street in question. With a helpful point in the general direction, Fallon went on her way without much complaint and by the early afternoon she found herself at the entrance of Seagull Street. It was a narrow affair, cobblestone on the floor, barely a path with a road that a cart could squeeze down. It was rather inconspicuous too, a quiet place that had the seagulls looking down at her from the chimney tops. She paused only to raise an eyebrow at them, a loud caw giving her the smallest recoil as she quickly stepped on past. Eyes counted the numbers, and it was as she found herself drawing up to the front door of number thirteen that she slowed and paused.

Hovering over at the opposite side she peered, contemplating her plan of attack. The curtains were drawn, the door closed with a seemingly lack of life going on within. She had considered knocking, but realised that would potentially defeat the point of her trying to sneak in and catch in the act. Barging the door open would only raise the alarm and potentially cause conflict - and who knew what traps were lying in wait within? Fallon's fingers wriggled, a small smirk forming on her face as she foresaw her next move - projection.

She tucked her left hand into her pocket, feeling the gentle thrum of Djed trickle on through. Slow, steady, it came as a press that gradually worked to unweave itself from her flesh, to shed out of the lacing that once bound it and into the air. The skin prickled, hairs rising as the long numbness set into the joint and wriggled its way down in strips. The layer slipped, rippling as she turned her gaze to the front door. The ethereal layer flexed, turned and twisted, the sensation there as it floated forwards towards the desired target. Placing the astral above the door handle she felt the grain and the iron handle, the sensation nestle against the palm. The fingers traced around the keyhole and with it she focused, forcing the sensation as she continued to feed the limb djed. It trembled, slowly sinking and passing through the surface, oozing as she continued to push the digits on through. Solidifying they wriggled in the space beyond, gently moving up the wood and tapping for the latch. They clawed, snagged and gently pushed it upwards, lifting the locking mechanism and allowing the front door to open.

It swung ajar, swinging gently as she withdrew the astral back to her body. Her gaze swept up and down the street, her feet gently clinking against the ground as she closed in. The left arm twinged as she focused upon the sensation of it rejoining, the lacing back in of nerves as feeling spasmed within her muscles. A reflexive twitch, she shook her head to gauge her next move. The fingers of her right gently brushed and continued to push the door open, shoulders hunching as she stepped into the low light and surveyed the narrow hallway. Just beyond she could hear the faint mumbling of another, the twitches of noise that was distinctly male, "Where is it? Where is it? What is the code. I need to crack. Must crack."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 11:06 am

Stooping, the inspector moved quietly, the faint sensation of feeling coming back to her arm. It was there down to the door way that she moved, slinking as her eyes fell to the ochre ripple that spread between the gap. Crouching she peered around the edge, looking to the source - a candle upon the table -, past that towards an open book and to the figure that was hunched over it, the shadow of lips reading through it. She could see him pause, the eyes slowly rising upwards across the space, the form tensing in response. Fallon begun to pull herself back, a slither of a gap as the voice released a hiss, "Shit... Get out!"

Thundering footsteps, Fallon pushed herself up into a stand as she saw the man move into action. She stepped into the door way, hands bracing against the side as she moved into view. Eyes stared him in the face, burning deeply as the urges of fighting rung within her mind and pulsed within her blood. The first target was the book, the body lurching into action as she stepped across the way, hand out stretching quickly to grab at it. He slapped at her hands, the bellowing shout reaching out from his voice, "No! Don't you dare! This is ours! Ours now!"
"Hand it over. The guards are coming and what wa-"
"You won't stop us no one will stop us!"
She managed to grasp upon the old book, the man tipped the table, a mad scrabble as flesh and limbs as the man launched at her, shouting and wailing down upon her like some possessed beast, "You won't! You won't! It is our right! OURS!"

Fallon pulled the book closer, tucking her chin in as she wildly kicked back. A flail of limbs, her fangs were bared as she snapped at him, the thudding and thumping of fists upon her. It was from the depth of her stomach however that she drew up a snarling roar, "Back off you thief! Criminal and tresspasser! Justice will come onto you!"
"Justice does not matter! Justice will burn us al-"
She cut him short with a flailing kick into his groin. He let out a gasp, a crunch following behind as her elbow jabbed into his jaw. With a scrabble up to her feet she glared down upon him and spoke in wolfish tones, "You're petching nuts. Not that it matters for you anymore, guard will be on you soon. Petching Hai," the side of her face stung, the lip having swollen up, "Cool your head and your whatever."
"They're gonna come. They're gonna end you all! And you, you will be first! I know your face! None will escape! None will! It is coming and only we wil-"
Fallon by this point had heard enough of the wheezing man. Coiling her foot back she gave him a kick within the gut, the book being carefully tucked underneath her arm, "Be good and sit tight."
A coughing moan was her response. Stepping away she moved, feeling the weight of the book and looking down to the well worn front cover. It took her a moment to remember that this was an old book, and gingerly opening she spied upon the old language and what could only be described as the structure of verse, before she promptly closed it once more. She supposed she should have asked Master Falconer for the title, yet surely there could not be many old books within the city that roamed freely? Sighing, she shook her head and held the book close - she could not afford to let it get damaged further.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 11:07 am

As she peeled her way out of the home, she heard the faint shout and whistle blow of one of the wave guard gave a speedy run down the road towards her. Her hand simply rose to point back in the direction she had came, the brief look as the assailant began to make attempt to stagger out the door after her, before the decision was made. It was enough to say the temporarily stunned criminal was arrested, and with the addition of a pair of guards appearing on the scene left her in no doubt they would be fine. She gave a nod to them, the briefest sways on the spot as she gestured down to the book, "Fallon Skylar, S.W.I. Got a book to return and you have a man to deal with. I'll Fill you in later. Sound good?"
"Sounds good!"

She regarded them only briefly, fingers tapping against the base of the book spine as she moved herself away. The culprit was before her and it seemed that the alert was spread to the authorities in good time. With her back to the scene and the shouting of what could only be described as a raving madman ringing in her ears behind her, she focused only on the final leg of her task - return the book to the rightful owner. She kept a tight grip on it, the eyes looking back and leaving her wondering on the words that were spoken. We was a powerful word, while she felt it could have been occasionally used in the singular the common sense thought that it was used in a plural manner rung in her mind. With a hum and the steady pace she felt the feet begin their aching from continuous walking back and forth between client and sources of inspection.

Regardless, the woman was given the entry upon her return and guided once more to the office of Master Falconer. By the time he finally attended to her the spring sun had begun to dip beneath the horizon, the colours streaking out into the darkness of the night. Fallon pinched her brow, the smallest nod and bow as she carefully placed the book down upon his desk. There was a quick glance to a worn letter upon the desk surface, the faint lettering too far for her to read. With a small approving nod, he slowly spoke, "I take it you have dealt with the situation?"
"Yes Sir,"
she answered, "The Wave Guard have him apprehended and are most probably interrogating him. Seeing as he was caught with a large amount of evidence against him. So, I am sure he will be seen to in good time."
"That is good to know. I suppose payment is in order. I will have one of my staff deliver the necessary fees to your office tomorrow,"
he appeared to be writing a collection of notes upon a sheet then, his gaze more interested in the book and its condition, "All seems well with it. Minor damage. Was there a struggle?"
"A scuffle and disturbing shouting. Nothing too difficult,"
Her aching jaw said otherwise, "And yes, tomorrow would be perfectly suitable for payment. It will allow us all time to gather our thoughts on the events."
"Indeed. Before all that however, I have an additional payment. Think of it as... a bonus of sorts?"
She watched his hand move then and take up the old letter, the paper faded with age but the wax seal staying strong upon the back. Her brow raised as she took it, feeling the crisp edges upon her fingers. Upon the surface was a turquoise ink, flowing and scripted with great care to form a single word - Fallon.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 11:08 am

She paused and looked back to the master of the house, "And this is?"
"Something I was requested to take care of some twenty odd years ago to then hand over to the right person at the right time. And you are the right person,"
he answered and paused with thought. There was the briefest of smiles and a whisper, "You look just like him."
"Pardon?"
"Do have a good day Miss Skylar. Travel home safe now."
She felt the encroaching of one of the house guard and the gentle chastising of words, spinning her round and pushing her firmly out of the front door. Her orbs gave a blink, feet wheeling round as she blinked upon the lettering once more, her head shaking as she took those slower steps back to her office. With the thumb peeling back the turquoise wax that sealed it shut. The same script existed within, flowing as her eyes moved over it. Her expression at first turned slack, then surprised, and then finally up into anger. The fingers tensed, a deep inhale as she folded it and tucked it into one of her pockets, a hiss escaping her throat, "What a sick joke."

48th Spring 493 AV

Dear Fallon,

I am probably the last person you would ever think to hear from and most certainly would not have met before, let alone received prior contact with. But despite the odds and the circumstances I felt compelled to write you this letter. Whether or not fate will allow it to fall to you I do not know, but I will simply hope that one day it will. You need to know this, just as much as I need to tell you.

It must have been only a year ago now that I found out I was to be a father, and while it filled me with excitement it filled me with fear. I worried of the world my child would be brought into, if I would be able to care, if I would be a good father. If the evils that belonged in children stories would manifest in reality and plague us. There was so many questions, all of which left me anticipating what would come. When you were born, those questions disappeared and I knew that I would love you as a daughter. It was on that day that I vowed I would do anything and everything to keep you safe, though I always foolishly believed that such love would never have to be put to the test.

It was too late that I discovered such evils did exist in this world and our fragile existence was shattered. Your mother left less the sickness would consume you and soon after I had no choice but to leave as well, by simply being present I was a danger. The pain, the anger and the devastation caused and committed by this evil tore us apart, and while it hurt so much I knew that only thing I could do to ensure your safety was to leave.

I learned in this short amount of time that losing a child is the hardest task a parent would ever have to face. And it was this evil that forced me to do what must be done - less they destroy us all. I hope you never have to understand what the sensation of having what you love the most being forcibly taken away from you for no good reason. Instead, I hope you lead a happy and wonderful life.

Perhaps, one day once my battles are done, we will find each other again. Until then, just know that I have not forgotten you, and never will I stop loving you.

Your father,

Zachiel Eyvino
Last edited by Fallon on January 14th, 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Net on January 28th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Fallon

Intelligence +3
Interrogation +1
Investigation +2
Logic +2
Deduction +2
Projection +1

Lores

Allan Cox: The accused Book Thief
Allan Cox: Worker of the Falconer's Estate.
Elder Falconer: A follower of Eyris
Elder Falconer: Suffers from bad fashion taste – red and green
Elder Falconer: Suffers from bad joints and age

Falconer's Estate Family: Traders with ties to the Aristan's Guild.
Falconer's Estate Family: Rumors has it they go as far as Black Rock to trade...Luxuries.

Investigation: Examining the scratches of the door for clues
Investigation: Feeling the oily substance.

Information – The Book Thief: Allan Cox's Words: “ one of the house ladies were behaving strange when she was in the gardens - kept looking up to the windows.”
Information – The Book Thief: The door was pried open with a chisel.
Information – The Book Thief: Footprints were slick and oily.
Information – The Book Thief: The tool of use: A Chisel
Information – The Book Thief: The footprints lead away from the door to a window.
Information – The Book Thief: The Window was forced open
Information – The Book Thief: No filth found on Allan Cox's body. Nor memory of the substance.
Information – The Book Thief: The Footprints are Smaller than one's own – Cannot be a man's
Information – The Book Thief: The Button revealed a culprit being a Male with desire to want 'it'.
Information – The Book Thief: The Chisel revealed a house in the old quarter marked with a 13.
Information – The Book Thief: The Door revealed the culprit did it for secrets and the house resides on Seagull Street.

Projection: Using Astral Fingers To Unlock and Open a door
Projection: Makes limbs go limp numb *I am giving this to you as your CS does not even have this bare bones basic bit

Loot
Letter from Zachiel Eyvino (Father)

Beautifully written Fallon, I loved it. I hope this works for you as the grade. Any questions or concerns please PM me I will be more than willing to look into them.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous