Open Feed Me

Koruma is selling gathered edible plants during the food shortage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Feed Me

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on October 3rd, 2014, 3:00 pm

The Man in Crimson

"I won't die." The boy said this with an uncertainty that made Sh'Ky nod, himself. Nowhere in Sunberth, was living another day certain. Hell, nowhere in Mizahar was it certain. "I'll deliver the first bunch in five days then- HEY!" The boy was once again distracted by the cat trying to make a break for the food. Something was off about that cat, but Sh'Ky couldn't tell what. Looking around warily, he eyed each of the passers-by with suspicion, wondering if this was their beast, sent to distract them while the owner snuck upon them from behind. Frowning at the cat, he said to the boy, "Koruma, I think something is... off about that cat. The way it keeps approaching the food... I realize that the feline's hungry, but it shoulda ' been discouraged by now... I think someone's tryin' to distract ya." Holding out his hand, as if to halt him, 'Ky said, "Don't make any sudden moves, or they might've noticed that we've caught on, and make their move immediately."

It may be paranoia about the cat, but suspicion had worked for years, in keeping 'Ky alive.
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Feed Me

Postby Elyra on October 7th, 2014, 5:51 pm

OOCSorry this is so late! I was out of town.

Ky Ness' comment about about her would have cracked her up-if she was a human, at least. There was indeed something off about this cat, and that something was the fact that she wasn't entirely a cat. Looking up at Ky, she meowed in protest at his assumption.

Of course someone's trying to distract you. I am. I'm hungry. Not everything's a murder game here, Ness.

Elyra realized that this was the distraction she'd been waiting for. Ky was paranoid and Koruma was most likely paying close attention to his words. Padding around the boy's back, she rubbed her head against his arm and snuck behind him, eyes locked on the baskets of food.

When she felt she was clear, the feline dashed towards the basket of roots from behind the orphan. If she wasn't stopped, she would sink her teeth into a tuber and speed away as fast as her legs would take her. If she was, then she'd protest, hissing and scratching at the person who dared to stop her.
Elyra
Defying Normality

Words: 15956
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2014, 6:22 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Feed Me

Postby Koruma on October 7th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Warring desires tore at the young teen as he tried to keep the feline away from his wares. He was half tempted to just grab the cat and hoist into his lap or at least away from his baskets. But cats were finicky and he was just as likely to get a mouth full of teeth as a roaring purr. He didn't know this cat and he couldn't predict what it's reaction would be.

Without any warning or sign, the Crimson Man turned tense and his voice took on a dark tone as he spoke to Koruma. Ashen eyes glanced up at the man, blank as he listened to the Crimson Man speak of foul plots. Koruma glanced down at the feline before his gaze turned back towards the older man. A thoughtful frown tugged at his lips and his fingers tapped against the dagger. Koruma opened his mouth to speak, but a hand shot out to silence him so Koruma remained quiet until the Crimson Man had said his piece.

Koruma sighed, sitting back as his eyes scanned the mostly empty street. "Okay," he said. "Let them come." There wasn't any sense of bravado or pride in his voice. He spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. "If they can steal from me, than so be it. It happens. It's not like these plants belonged to me in the first place. I stole this food from the forest, claiming it as my own for the sake of a little more coin. But, at the end of the day, I still stole it. So I can't really complain if someone steals from me in turn. I mean... I don't want them to and I'll try to stop it. But only so much as is safe. Oh, but... I'll make sure you always get your delivery. Even if I have to collect it twice."

A gentle pressure caressed his back and Koruma smiled as the feline rubbed against his back. It was somewhat disheartening to think that she might belong to someone. He was seriously tempted to take her home. In an instant, the pressure was gone and the cat made a b-line for his basket. Koruma's hand shot forward, his body pitching as he cried out. Fur brushed against the tips of his fingers and she was gone. Koruma was left half slumped in the dirt, his outstretched hand resting on the edge of the basket with his dagger now between his legs. His head dipped slightly and his shoulders began to shake. Laughter broke from the teen, rocking him slightly as he worked to right himself. "Well, there's your thief!"

Koruma sat up, carefully removing his dagger from where it had fallen between his legs, placing it back on top of his leg. His bony hand brushed against his side and shoulder, trying to be rid of the dirt that clung to him. Bursts of chuckles escaped his lips and he ran his fingers through his hair.
Koruma
Player

Words: 39493
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 5:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Feed Me

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on October 9th, 2014, 8:08 pm

The Man in Crimson

"Okay, let them come. If they can steal from me, than so be it. It happens. It's not like these plants belonged to me in the first place. I stole this food from the forest, claiming it as my own for the sake of a little more coin. But, at the end of the day, I still stole it. So I can't really complain if someone steals from me in turn. I mean... I don't want them to and I'll try to stop it. But only so much as is safe. Oh, but... I'll make sure you always get your delivery. Even if I have to collect it twice." The boy's resignation almost surprised Sh'Ky. Almost. In Sunberth, such a jaded attitude was common among almost everyone there. But 'Ky was still worried. If the boy was so resigned to his fate, how would he react when someone accosted him? Only time would tell, and Sh'Ky wanted a steady source of food.

'Ky was startled as the cat dashed straight at him, hissing and clawing. Instinctively moving out of the way of the feline, he realized that the cat had a potato in her mouth. His potato. As Koruma started laughing in relief, Sh'Ky shouted, "You man the basket, Ko'! I'll get this cat," and with a shout of outrage, turned and started running after the cat. The dusty dirt of the road wasn't being kicked up by too many people today, so he could see a goodly distance before the street ended. Even if the cat did outstrip him, unless she ducked into an alley, he would see her. And even if he did lose her in an alleyway, most of the alleys were dead ends around here. Pulling off his cloak, he panted, sweating heavily. He hadn't really ran like this before, but he was willing to go to any length for food. Taking up a loud, outraged voice, his throaty yell rang through the streets, forever ingrained in those nearby's memory. The speech of legends. A rallying cry, rivaling that of the Sylirian Knights.

"For potato!"
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Feed Me

Postby Shakune on July 8th, 2015, 7:33 pm

Grades Are Up!!!!

Koruma :
Please update your ledger to account for seasonal expenses for Spring 515AV (45GM for poor, 135GM for common living expenses). Once this is done, PM me and I'll release your grade.

Elyra :
Please update your ledger to account for seasonal expenses for Spring 515AV (45GM for poor, 135GM for common living expenses). Once this is done, PM me and I'll release your grade.

Sh'Ky :
Skills
Rhetoric +3
Herbalism +1
Subterfuge +1
Acting +1
Negotiation +2
Running +1
Deduction +1
Land Navigation +1

Lores
Acting: The Crimson Man persona
Koruma: An Orphan
Elyra: Suspcious Cat
Koruma: Easily resigned
Warcry: For potatoes!

Ledger
-6CM for purchased berries, seeds and roots

If you have any question about your grade, please don't hesitate to PM me :)
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous