Traveling Questions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Traveling Questions.

Postby Moxie on July 12th, 2015, 8:26 pm

If one wanted to travel from Syliras to Zeltiva, and was going to take Kabrin road, but did not own a horse, would it be possible to buy passage via a wagon like a merchant wagon headed that way, or is there a traveling type of caravan? I am estimating it would be 50+ days of travel, but I am not sure on the expenses it would take.. So was wondering if such a wagon/caravan existed, then how much that would cost?

Not meaning to make things complicated was just curious :).
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Moxie
Player

Words: 101526
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 11:34 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Traveling Questions.

Postby Merevaika on July 12th, 2015, 9:06 pm

I don't if a caravan exists, but the journey would last 50 days (30 for the journey, 10 for travelling with a wagon/caravan and 10 for not being a knight) and so would cost 50GM.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Traveling Questions.

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 12th, 2015, 10:58 pm

There is a section under the price list, here, which lists the costs for various modes of travel per day.

Considering there is active trade between the cities of Zeltiva and Syliras, I'd imagine it would be reasonable to expect to be able to hop on in with one of such caravans moving goods from or to either city.

As Merevaika said it'd be at least a 50 day journey, and if you paid the 1 gm/day fare it would cost 50 gm.

Although it might be possible to get some kind of job with the caravan, and thus possibly not have to pay since you'd be working, and possibly also get paid wages. I suppose that would depend upon your skills and whether or not they'd be of use to a caravan moving through the wilds. (I doubt there is much need for fortune telling for a caravan going through the wilderness, but perhaps one of your other skills could be of use).

For that I'd talk to the ST for the city you are either leaving or going to.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Traveling Questions.

Postby Iblette on July 13th, 2015, 11:01 am

Hey, since this thread is up and active, I'm gonna post my own question as well.

For a flashback I'm doing, I need to travel from Mura to Zeltiva by trader ship. I know that Zeltiva and Mura trade directly, and I can figure out expenses and stuff. I'm just not good with figuring out accurate travel days.

If anyone could help me out, that would be great!
Iblette
The bow is the cause, the fiddle the effect

Words: 14489
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2015, 11:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Traveling Questions.

Postby Merevaika on July 13th, 2015, 3:19 pm

I don't know if there are any exact travel times listed, but comparing the distance with distance listed between Syliras and other cities, I make it to about 50 days.

I'd try to make the number vague though, if you can, unless you have a better estimate.
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Traveling Questions.

Postby Moxie on July 13th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Thank you Merevaika and Clyde Sullins for your answers, they were indeed very helpful and informative. I am not planning on traveling any time soon with this character, but when/if it does happen this was very helpful, so thank you! :)
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Moxie
Player

Words: 101526
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 11:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Traveling Questions.

Postby Iblette on July 13th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Thank you guys so much! I know it's not much, but I'll definitely look into it!

Thanks again for the estimates!
Iblette
The bow is the cause, the fiddle the effect

Words: 14489
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2015, 11:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook