Closed Map Nerds (Fallon)

Pulren and Fallon go to the library.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Map Nerds (Fallon)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 3rd, 2015, 7:46 am

Those former thoughts of peerage and friendship fizzled as another simple nod came in response to his suggestions. It was frustrating sometimes to talk to her. It seemed over the course of the day that no matter how much Pulren tried to keep things light and fresh that Fallon was intent on being very morose. It was most surprising considering the subject of her study. Shouldn't someone researching true love and Cheva be happy about the whole experience? Why was she so guarded about everything? Was life really so terrible? Maybe it was in Sunberth but they had all survived that. It was time for a new life and new possibilities. He rubbed his own temples in tandem.

Part of him wanted to tell her to take a long walk off the pier. Priskil had shown him a new way, though. He had to try to stay positive, to let her know that he was a friend. It seemed, with her words, that she might expect Pulren to leave her to her own devices. He would have none of it. " I had only put things away because I was happy for you, Fallon." He turned the chair around and straddled it, kicking back a little in it and trying to catch her eyes with his own. "It seems strange that you are so withdrawn. Are you alright? In Sunberth, you seemed much more at ease. I know you and Zandelia lost a lot leaving. I'm sorry for that. You aren't alone, though. I'm here. I want to be your friend. In Sunberth, I needed you and I worked for you. Here, I am home. I don't need you. I wanted to come here today because you know a lot but also because you are one of my friends, I thought. We've been through alot of shyke to not at least try to be, no?"

It was a reach for him. It wasn't a stretch; he believed his words and felt them genuine. He just didn't know if she would accept his attempt at friendship, remain stoic and neutral or completely withdraw. He prayed it wouldn't be the third option.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Map Nerds (Fallon)

Postby Fallon on August 6th, 2015, 8:37 am

Fallon blinked at him then. There was a long pause, a drawn out length of silence as the brow firstly raised in questioning, the eyes searching and looking for a social cue she may have missed. Or misheard. Did he say something? What was he implying? Lips gave a twitch, parting only briefly as she repeated the words spoken in her head and finding nothing. Then the teeth began to chew, the brow lowering down as the expression changed to one of slowed thought. She could even feel her shoulders begin to hunch in, fingers twiddling and twitching as the mind stumbled. It was at last that the face settled onto confused, her tone sliding to one that would match.

"Did I miss a social cue?" she asked with a blink, quill lowering as she read the body language of the man. Rubbing his brow, was he thinking or did he have a headache? Or perhaps it was an act of controlled frustration, was he angry at something she had said? A small tilt of the head at the turned chair, the back of it covering his torso - comfort or serving as a shield of sorts between her and him? "Or do a foe-par?"

The head tilted the other way then, a fingertip scratching at her jaw, "I don't feel withdrawn. I just don't feel the need to talk all the time. Just being myself and content with silence in companionship." Her voice turned into a hum, contemplating in tone, "But we are friends. Aren't we? I mean, we were family and all back in Sunberth. And, I like to think we still all are. In our weird, multi-racial way. Were we not friends during all that and up until now?" The frown came again, deep and contemplating in thought, "Kind of strange if we weren't. I mean, friends are there for each other and what not. Even if they aren't needed or whatever. Then again, friends also don't need to announce to the other person that their friends, do they?" Her lips peeled back then, teeth baring into what could only be described as a stupid grin, "It's just something that sort of happens and is mutually accepted. Am I right?"

"Maybe I'm just confusing myself,"
Her tongue gave a dart, "Or maybe you're thinking too much about things. Who knows? Does it matter?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Map Nerds (Fallon)

Postby Pulren Marsh on October 7th, 2015, 5:20 am

As he listened to Fallon's remarks, it slowly became clear to Pulren that he had taken this and many other things way too seriously. He was still thinking of her as a boss or something to placate rather than just a friend to hang around with. It wasn't her fault that he didn't have many friends. He had set it up that way with his descent into self styled madness. Now here he was trying to deflect his own paranoia on to someone innocent of the charge. He just nodded and chuckled. "I'm sorry, Fallon. You're right. I'm taking it all too seriously. It's been a crunch since I came back."

He wanted desperately to avoid any kind of awkward silence as he had already made things plenty awkward. Taking a seat, he rubbed his eyes and the bridge of his nose. "I guess we all are having a hard time lately. Do you want to go get a drink? I'll buy. When I woke you up this morning, I really did have every intent of studying and bonding, but your words just hit home. I need to get my shyke together, one way or the other. Maybe we can talk about that or just sit quietly and drink." He shrugged, adding, "What do you think?"

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Map Nerds (Fallon)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on March 5th, 2016, 6:44 pm

HERE YOU GUYS GO! Sorry it took me so long. Let me know if i missed something.

Pulren Marsh
XP
  • Socialization: 5 XP
  • Copying: 1 XP
  • Logic: 1 XP
Lores
  • Pulren: always seeking more knowledge
  • Pulren: not the marrying type
  • Fallon: dislikes any who wake her early
  • Zeltivans: tea is a luxury
  • Books can only tell you so much

Fallon

Let me know when you have finished updating your ledger and I will get your grades posted
XP
  • XP
  • XP
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
  • Lore:
  • Lore:
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am