[Temple of All Gods] Holy Ones (Vhertos)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Elann on August 6th, 2015, 10:28 am

Timestamp 39th of Summer 515AV

“Cross the line, redefine” were the words that came to Elann as she lay in her bed in Traveler’s Row. She couldn’t tell why they stuck in her head, but it was as if Rhysol himself was tempting her to think things or do things she shouldn’t. It was so easy in this foreign world to just let it all go, forsake Yahal and his traditions he had given to her people. Some before her had done it and had become desolate men and women. She had heard stories of their evil and she never wanted that to happen. Sleep fled from her and was nowhere to be found. As she lay in bed was hardly a sound in her room. She couldn’t sing because it was late and she just wanted to be around people.

Who knew opening her mind to such things would give her the perception of evil, yet now that she looked she could see people in their wickedness everywhere and it was hard to deal with. Slowly she rose as the idea struck her that the temple was open at all hours, being open even for those who worshiped Leth. Quickly she got dressed and fit her normal wear upon herself. She even armed herself with slingshot incase anyone tried to harm her, although she had not even seen a crime in Syliras since arriving more than two weeks ago.

Sliding the rectangular shaped tunic over her head, she pulled both flaps tight against her body and then tied it with her band. Sliding on her worn sandals the woman was ready to go. She stepped out into the hall with a little bag in her hands, in it held her key and various other oddities. Locking the door she headed to the temple through uncrowded streets, finding it strange there were not many people out compared to the day hours where the streets would be filled with people.

Coming into the temple she could see only two people in the large room. No doubt Morian was sleeping in his room to the side, but she wouldn’t wake him if he was. Slowly she shuffled forward and sat down in one of the pews; praying now. In her haste she had forgotten to brush her hair or look presentable. The girl looked a bit frumpy in her dulled clothes, yet had a natural beauty to her.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 6th, 2015, 11:06 am

It felt like the notion of time had fled from him, his thoughts muddled from his lack of sleep in the previous few weeks. Ever since his becoming a squire, dreams and thoughts of his father had haunted him, as if once more urging him in his quest for justice, and yet it did little to spur him on, but instead tormented him. He had risen from his cot in the squire's dorms quietly in the dead of night, pulling on what little casual clothing he had to hand, and made his way out of the rooms, seeking a distraction. It seemed to be becoming a common occurrence, one that required facing and dealing with... but not now, it was something that was difficult for him to face, so many things were happening to him that he felt lost.

His feet carried him away from his fellow squires, most of whom were dwelling within Nysel's realm as he moved from them. Vhertos needed guidance, and for a brief moment his thoughts turned to his patron, but he shook the idea from his head, knowing that disturbing his rest would not be the wisest of decisions. Instead, the young Isur moved quietly towards the Temple of All Gods, perhaps seeking a higher power to give him the guidance he so desperately craved right now. As he entered, his eyes quickly scanned the room, noting the few individuals therein, and took slow steps to the front of the temple, slipping onto one of the pews, one blue hand clasping the other, bowing his head briefly as he quietly whispered to himself the names of those gods he gave a prayer to.

"Izurdin, father of my people, give me the strength to bear this burden. Sylir, namesake of our city, help me find the peace I seek in my heart and mind. Tyveth, lord of honour, grant me the ability to find the justice I seek. Yahal, winged lord, I ask for the clarity I need to set me on the right path." His whispers ceased, his head pulling back up as his dark green eyes looked around once more at the attendees of the temple in the midst of night. His eye caught the woman on one of the other pews, her appearance somewhat disheveled, and his lips curled up into a slight smile, the thought that he was not alone in his sleepless state giving him a little comfort. Others in this city came here to seek guidance, and the Isur wondered idly what it was that caused the woman to come here, his eyes simply watching as his tired thoughts continued to wander.
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Words: 13090
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2015, 2:04 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elann on August 6th, 2015, 11:43 am

The wooden pew under her was sturdy and strong, not even creaking a little bit. She readied herself to pray and lowered her head quietly. Many thoughts crossed her mind on what exactly she could pray about. There was literally so much that had been going through her mind lately and now she couldn’t sleep. Despite how hard she tried she couldn’t decide on anything. Over the course of a few chimes she managed to somewhat lay out a plan for what she wanted to pray for to Yahal, hoping he would listen.

A sound distracted her from her thoughts. It was the sound of the wooden creak of the door open once more. It was strange to think that someone else would be awake at this bell, however there were already two people in here, and she was here, so it wasn’t so strange after all she figured. Whoever it was she could hear they sat somewhat close, though not right near her and she could even hear the creak of the pew he sat on. Surely he must have been fairly hefty, but she didn’t look. Trying to pull back to her spot of mental focus, she tried to force the thoughts she was thinking of before the interruption back to the surface. A few chimes went by and she still couldn’t remember the exact thought she was struggling with, so she started to get frustrated with herself.

Eventually she just prayed a little prayer. “Yahal, please help me. I'm dealing with a lot and I need your helping hand” She said with a quiet voice, perhaps even loud enough for the Isur to hear as he watched her. Sometimes the lesser worded prayers meant more than the longer winded ones that were often said for the purposes of boasting. Then thinking she said, “What am I going to do about my family? When will I be able to return home? What is your will for me? I’m here to serve you. I lay myself at your feet. Please hear me as your servant is here in this foreign land, but still I know you are here.”

She fluttered open her eyes and let out a sigh, looking forward to the wooden pew in front of her. As she saw it, there was something strange in the wood grain. Something stood out much like this event had happened before to her, and she just had a feeling of direction and an emotion. Fear struck her heart as she began to understand what the sign was. Whether it was divine in origin or simply interpreting patterns at specific points she couldn't ever know, but she understood that the one behind her was full of torment. “I wish I had the courage to reach out with this understanding Yahal. I do not have it. Especially to speak to someone so tormented. If indeed he is. Why do I see these things?” Suddenly she didn’t know what to do and instead she could do nothing but lean forward and place her face in her palms.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 7th, 2015, 2:10 pm

His form shifted a little, the pew groaning with the efforts of holding his weighty body up, and he leaned forward, eyes still on the woman. His ears perked a little as he heard mention of the god Yahal, as he himself had just been requesting guidance from him too. He watched as the woman lowered her head into her hands and his casual smile turned into a slight frown, his short frame lifting slowly from the pew and moving to stand alongside the one at which she sat. Taking a breath, he lowered himself onto the pew, some feet away from her in order to not frighten the woman.

He wasn’t really the sort of person to interfere with other’s business, but part of becoming a knight meant to help those who required it, and he felt like he needed to offer his aid. Perhaps in helping her, he could help himself, and some part of him thought that perhaps it was the guidance he sought when he heard her hushed whispers to Yahal, like a sign. He leaned over a little, his arm leaning on the pew and causing an audible creak as he cleared his throat and spoke in soft tones to her, so as not to disturb the night that swarmed around them.

Excuse me miss.” He paused, trying to form the sentences in his head. Common was not exactly his strongest suit, and he always had to think in Isurian before translating it to common before he spoke. “I don’t mean to interrupt your prayers, but I thought you might need …help?” His own voice rang in his ears due to the echoes from the massive space they sat within, and he could not help feel awkward as he spoke to her, but still, this was part of who he wished to become. He did not wait for a response from his first sentence, trying to power through his own feelings of awkwardness by continuing to speak. “My name is Vhertos, a squire with the Syliran Knights. I hope you don’t mind me being here, but I felt compelled to offer my assistance in any way I can. I could not ignore a person in need, and my code demands it.” He stopped, leaning back in the chair and taking another breath, one hand clasping the other in his lap, his cheeks feeling as if they were set ablaze. He was not used to speaking to others, and though it made him uneasy in a number of ways, he knew he had to fight against the voice that bade him ignore them. He hoped this was the right step to take, and that he was right in his trusting of Yahal, and this would give him the clarity he sought.
Last edited by Vhertos Forgebroken on August 9th, 2015, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elann on August 7th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Elann took in a deep breath, filling her lungs with the soft powdery smell that was upon them from her working with linen. A groan of wood was heard behind her and then footfalls getting closer, and finally a groan of wood vibrating underneath her. The man who was behind her clearly sat down and she sat up, lowering her hands, so she could get a better look at who would consider sitting next to her and what their intent was.

He could have been a creep trying to hit on her or trying to check her out, yet when she looked to him she wasn’t sure what she was seeing. She had not met an Isur yet and her eyes studied him. He seemed fair to look at, seemed kind enough, and he seemed to struggle to say a greeting to her. She missed speaking as she stared in her confused gaze until he explained why he was inquiring of her. Snapping to, Elann was interpreting in her own head things to say when he powered through and introduced himself. It at least gave her motivation and understanding in what she was going to say.

“Hi Vhertos”, she gave him a welcome smile, garnering his attention from his leaned back position in the pew. She cautiously looked him in the eyes, struggling inside to tell him what she wanted to say. She couldn’t do it though and crumbled. Instead she said, “I am alright...I just” she paused and let out a breath and considered a moment, “That’s very sweet of you.” She supposed it was obvious she was troubled, so she just decided not to decline his help. It after all must have taken a lot of courage for him to come over from the looks of his stance.”I just...am troubled. I long for my family…”, she paused a moment and then said, “I don’t know really what to do here in Syliras. I guess you could say I’m stuck. I can’t return, and am torn between ...well, making a life up here and writing off the idea of going back, or taking my chances of returning and accept what comes of it.”

She emotively scooted forward and leaned forward to lay her arms and head upon the pew in front of her while looking at him. She then realized she had not introduced herself and popped up in shock and said, “I’m sorry…” she let out a slight chuckle, showing the hint of a beautiful smile. “My name is Elann, Daughter of Shlomet, of the Sons of Rapa.”

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 7th, 2015, 7:23 pm

The Isur turned his head towards Elann and offered an awkward smile in response to her own, still a little uneasy, taking slow breaths in order to calm himself as he continued the interaction with her. He had listened intently to her, both to make sure he understood the words she spoke, and to attempt to assist by discovering the issues at hand. His left hand rose up, the blue fingers rubbing slowly at his jaw as he considered her problems. It took him several moments to process the information, including her name, and several more thinking of a response to the woman. In time, his green eyes beneath his thick brows peered directly into hers and he parted his lips, his voice coming from between them in the same quiet tones.

I can’t pretend to understand your circumstance, but I do understand missing… or as you say, longing for your family.” He paused for a moment, his hands settling back in his lap as he looked to her, turning a little to face her more with his body. “In fact, that is the reason I am here myself. I miss my father, and I too sought out Yahal to give me the clarity I need to find the right path.” His voice slowed and halted, his head turning and eyes glancing up to the stained glass windows, letting out a brief sigh before continuing on. “I had thought that perhaps it was a sign, I had just spoke his name when I heard it from you.” Again his voice faded away, the sound of it resonating within the halls of the temple before dissipating completely.

He shuffled on the pew, still feeling the awkwardness of his interacting with a complete stranger, but forced the feeling down, quelling the feeling to stand and run as he turned to look towards her and once more offer an awkward smile, tilting his head to one side and examining her appearance, wondering what exactly caused her to be here, in this city. He was not exactly the greatest counsellor, but for now, he would listen, and help as he could. Vhertos had adopted silence, figuring it was probably easier to listen right now than to speak, and perhaps put a foot in his mouth with his lack of eloquence.
Last edited by Vhertos Forgebroken on August 9th, 2015, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elann on August 7th, 2015, 8:45 pm

From Elann’s perspective it looked as if the man was struggling with her speaking. She knew his pain and in the past two and a half months she had had a very difficult time with speaking common. Her constant study of it through her life and ability to practice it greatly, coupled with her love for speaking to people she knew, meant that she had picked it up quicker than she used to. That did not mean that she didn’t struggle with some things and she would always have a Benshiran accent. Perhaps it was what he was struggling with; she couldn’t assume though.

“Thank you” she quietly said as she leaned forward on the pew to his comforting words about her family. “Ohh...he heard me.” she thought to herself as he explained about finding the right path. Elann leaned back to in like manner look up at the stained glass windows. When she was in here before they were so beautiful during the day; their reds, blues, and greens covering the pews in a blanket of color. Now they were dark like the night about them. The dimmed light of the building and its large candles that were lit made light flicker across the windows in a different way.

Upon his sighing she looked to him curiously and swallowed her fear. “Just say it” she thought, pumping herself up. “I know you are troubled deeply. I see it in you. Perhaps just as you must have see it in me. Yahal is the father of my people, but to those who seek him, he considers them his own. Perhaps it was him who showed me that something haunts you in your sleep, something beyond missing your father like I miss mine, or maybe it’s just my imagination...” she then hung her head in shame as if not sure at all of herself. It was after all this very same thing that brought her here, fleeing for her life. You don't lightly insult a priest by revealing his sins before him and others. Her feet kicked lightly toward the pew in front of her, not kicking it though as she continued, “Yahal is a father to the fatherless, and he is faithful even when we fail him.” She let the words sink in a moment thinking he was slow in translating.

“I have tried to stand for what is right and good, and yet here I am, separated from my father and mother. Do you know that feeling?” She looked to him with a tilted look to see what he thought of it. As he looked at her, he would notice of her that her eyes were the most brilliant blue, even in the dim light, as if there was a light behind them, though not glowing. While looking utterly common, and quite frankly a mess in terms of neatness and being in public, she was quite fair. She had creamy skin with hardly a flaw upon her face, and while sunkissed, she was not burnt like many of her people. She was human, but more than that, she was Benshiran. Her hair was a bit wild due to just waking up and her eyes had a bit of a sleepy haze to them, but the more she talked, the more it fled away from her. As her arms wrapped about her body while sitting back in the pew now he could see and perceive that she held herself tightly, indicating that perhaps she was cold.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 9th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Vhertos took a minute or two of silence to reflect on her words as he moved his eyes from Elann to once more glance around him, studying the grand hall of the Temple of All Gods. The place was imposing and brilliant in the day, but it had a calm eeriness to it during the night, and it was perhaps that which allowed him to speak easier now, despite the great difficulty with which he spoke still. His eyes travelled the hall before settling back on Elann, and offering a brief, sombre smile. His lips parted, tongue slipping out to run across his lips and wet them, before again his voice sounded from behind them.

I was …separated from my father, yes, and that is the cause of my troubles, but I feel our situations may be a little different.” He paused, seeking the words with which he could explain himself without causing offense or trip over himself, one arm rising up to rest upon the back support of the pew as he turned to face her a little more. “My father… he was a knight.” The words ran through his head, giving him many possibilities with which to explain, and yet none of them seemed right. “A number of years ago he was killed, and his arm removed.” As if to emphasise the point, he pulled back his light cloak to reveal more of the blue coloured arm to her, looking down at it himself, with a distant look within his eyes. His voice continued, a little more muted with his head turned down, almost like he spoke to the arm, or perhaps himself, just so he could get through the story. “He was on a mission to remove a threat from the surrounding lands, but was cut down, and his arm taken as a prize… I became a squire to seek justice and return his arm to the ground alongside him.” He raised his head, turning to look at her, focusing on the blue of her eyes as his voice sounded out once more. “It haunts me in the night, to sleep and dream of my father, not whole, restless, and begging me to do this for me… while my mother already grieves for me because she does not wish me to follow him to the grave.” His voice faded away, the sound still lingering as whispers around them in the hall of the temple. He shook his head slowly and looked at her a little more intently before standing and unclipping his cloak, placing it next to her and motioning with his other hand for her to take it. Easing back into a seated position he spoke once more.

My dreams will fade, when I have done what I must… for now, let me try to help you, perhaps we are right, and Yahal has gave us the tools to help one another. I am willing to listen to your troubles, as you have been burdened with mine.” He offered another brief smile, this one lighter than before, his face relaxing a little as he pushed back the thoughts that had caused him to remain awake at this hour, and leaned in to the pew, awaiting her story, the silence seeming to loom around them inside the temple halls as he waited.
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elann on August 9th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Subconsciously Elann tucked her lips in when he wet his, and she in-like, wet hers. It was part of being an empathic person. She felt the pain of others sometimes even more so than they themselves would care to express. Giving a calm nod, she listened as their situations were different. She may miss her father, but he lost his and the sadness of these thoughts made her frown sympathetically.

Although she knew nothing of Isurians’, she could notice that his blue arm was different than anything she had ever seen, not to mention every other feature about him that made an Isur an Isur. He told her how this very arm was removed and she understood that perhaps it had something to do with either a cultural issue of being significant to them or something along those lines.

She listened to his father’s bravery and how he sought to continue in the same line as him and she thought it was a noble pursuit. His confession made her heartstrings tug for him in sympathy as he looked into her eyes and confessed his tormented dreams to her. He truly was troubled and she could see it clearly now even in a physical sense. When she saw him stand though it shocked her from her sadness and she studied what he was doing. It seemed he was giving her a cloak to wear. Admittedly she was cold so she took it and placed it over her lap. As she did she kicked off her sandals and tucked her feet up onto the warmth of his pre-heated cloak. The warmth was nice and much welcomed.

“Thank you, that was sweet.” she said as he sat. He spoke up once more and told her how he was going to in fact do this deed and then offered to help her. Sometimes she figured it was just good to get things off your chest and perhaps it was a weight off his mind just to talk about his father. She liked his smile, it was sincere and comforting.

“My troubles…” she thought a moment how to proceed and then said, “I grew up learning about Yahal from a young age, and have always loved him with my whole heart. But as of last year I began to have horrific dreams, dreams of men doing wicked things, dark things in the very temple to Yahal. I couldn’t be sure of their truthfulness, but they kept happening and I felt a growing dread upon my heart to do something about it. At first I looked upon those who were seen in my dreams, and nothing seemed to be wrong, but they persisted. Because of this I went to one of the priests houses and … well I snuck in when he wasn’t home.” She looked guilty at that fact but then she emotionally said, “But I found worship to many dark gods, one of whom I’ve just learned is Rhysol.” She shook her head. “There were signs of great evils in his house, and not something that should be done if you are a priest of Yahal.” She seemed stern about it and her voice was bitter. She then calmed herself and said, “I confronted him in front of the other priests and he accused me of being unfaithful to Yahal, full of madness, and they took up stones to throw at me. I fled and nearly escaped with my life. Someone from the priesthood came to my father’s tents and told my father what happened and how he should get me out of town immediately if he wanted me to live. He had himself suspected such evils, but that day I was on a ship bound for Syliras while a message was sent ahead to a family friend to house me.”

She took in a deep breath and snuggled up a bit more into the cloak, a look of dread coming over her face. “No-one was at the docks to greet me here and I have been alone. He was my only link not only in this city, but also to my father. I cannot send word to my father or they would suspect I fled here and may come for me. So now I have been self sufficient, finding my own rented room, job, and even friends. But I am troubled because...at what point do I get to see my family again? When do I get to go back? It can steal my sleep sometimes.” She looked to him to see what he thought of her tales of woe.

Elann
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 18th, 2015, 3:01 pm

His thick brow was furrowed in thought as he listened to the young woman speak her tale, her many woes and worries, and he leaned forward, broad shoulders hunching as his hands gripped one another. He tilted his head, gazing at the young lady with a look of concern on his features, his breathing quickening a little as the night air enveloped him without the protection of his cloak. He continued to listen in silence, choosing to wait until she was finished before he voiced his concerns. As she finished speaking, he took a deep breath, preparing the words he would say as he did so.

I do not know all the answers, but your words trouble me. To think a priest of Yahal were capable of such a thing… it troubles me very deeply.” He shook his head, his fingers gripping each other tighter and his teeth clenching for a brief moment before he took yet another deep breath and forged onwards. “I am not sure when you will be able to return, but any aid I can give, I shall.” He paused for a moment and looked to her eyes. “I am confident, however, that they cannot harm you here, for the knights will protect you from harm.” His voice resonated with confidence and reverence, as if his words were true beyond a shadow of a doubt, at least in his mind. His fingers parted and he turned once more on the pew, his arm leaning upon the back and aiding his seated position as he looked to her, a fire born of zealousness and justice burning within his eyes. “There will be justice here, there always will, for those who follow dark gods will find no mercy.” His fingers wrapped around the back of the pew, gripping it tightly, almost to the point of damaging the wood if not for his few thoughts of self-control.

He leaned forward, strands of dark blue hair falling before his features and his voice came out with the same passion it had previously, his awkwardness forgotten in the wake of a zealous fury. “I cannot turn back the sands of time and fix what happened to you before, and your words have given me much to consider, but I am at your service should it be desired. I may not yet be a knight, but I must live by their ways and by the code of my family if I am to become who I wish to be.” His lips curled up in a brief smile and he gave a shrug of his powerful shoulders. “Of course, you do not have to take my assistance, but I would feel more at ease if you sought the protection of the Knights.
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next