PM to join Truth is the best Arrow

Aider works on his bow skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on August 8th, 2015, 12:12 am

He stepped back a few steps after she blocked his downward elbow. His flesh stung as she stared at her, pride growing in his chest as he was surprised that he had succeeded in his little plan. He shook his head when she gave him praise and walked forward. His thumb traced across her cheek wiping the blood off of her cheek. "I wasn't expecting it to actually hit" he said before turning his eyes to hers. A small smile played across his lips. He quickly pulled her in for a kiss planting his lips on hers for a few ticks before stepping back.

"Well that was exciting, and you are right. I do owe you a lesson. I will teach you what I can but it probably won't be much. I still have yet to master this bow and it will probably be a long while before I do. No dedication to the craft, my father would be very displeased with me" he laughed, his words turning more mumbled towards the end. His father had pushed the bow on him during his teenage years and it wasn't something he down right hated. But he hadn't had much practice with it. His focus usually lied else where. In books and exploring the world around him. Trying to learn everything that he could.

"I want you to take it and let an arrow fly. I'll see if I can point out anything major with your stance that needs to be fixed then we shall go from there.." he said with a smile. He walked over to his bow and grabbed it as well as a couple of arrows. He walked back towards her and held it out for her to take. "We'll use the same target as before. Don't fire when I am in front of you." he said with a smile. The two had been at odds with each other since the fight had broken out and then the fight in the bath house had put another wedge between them. He had no interest in bringing ether up for now he was just going to enjoy the peace.

Once she took his bow, he would step back and watch. Trying to notice anything that he could change as she prepared to fire the arrow. He bit his lip as his eyes looked over her tan skin. She was beautiful and that beauty only grew as each day passed. To him it didn't matter how much they fought, she always seemed appealing to him. "Whenever you are ready."

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on August 18th, 2015, 3:13 am

The sensation of his lips locking with hers felt natural, as if every care in the world was almost forgotten or perhaps forgiven. Such was certainly not the case, but it was relieving to believe it so for the moment their intimacy lasted before he pulled away. Eager eyes pried themselves from her lover to the beauty of the bow. They flickered about its make-up, taking time to carefully observe the taught bow-string and estimating how it might feel in her hands. No heavier than the one I own back at the inn. Can't say I think I might be better at this one either, she thought pessimistically.

She couldn't help but connect with Aider over his anecdote. It seemed that no matter where she went, even the barbarians struggled to please at least one of their parental figures. There was always some level of disappointment, some sort of short-coming that was never truly overcome. Her own mother, she believed, must've been awfully frustrated with her stubborn young daughter. Where her mother rested firmly with the side of knowledge, Kaie was resisting in the name of hands-on work. Stories, she'd always decided, could wait to be told. Learning the skills to survive and conquer as Myri commanded, however, could not. And thus grew that subtle rift.

The Myrian happily took the bow and the couple arrows from the man. Feet swiveled on their heels to square up properly in the direction she was suggested she fire upon.
"I'm not going to shoot you by mistake," she assured with a playful roll of her eyes and a shake of her head. "Unless you say something stupid. Then I'll consider it." A flash of ivory conveyed the mirth in her less-than-empty threat before the woman was all focus. Feet shifted so that the left foot was forward and the right to the rear. For a tick she stared down at the target, exhaled smoothly. The left hand gripped the bow while the right hand dropped all but one arrow to the ground beneath her. Just as Roderick taught her, her index and middle fingers curled to grip the arrow as she knocked it upon the string. With a long inhale, she straightened up and simultaneously lifted the bow and pulled the arrow back. Daring not to hold it too long, the savage spied her target, steadied the arrow, and let loose with an exhale.

The arrow gaze a whizzing sound as it shot through the air. The bowstring twanged against her bicep, rippling along the skin to create a sure bruise later on. The shiver of foliage far past the target, though thankfully in the right direction, signaled the arrow's landing. Kaie gave an irritable huff, lowering the bow.
"Too far. Dammit." Amber eyes shifted to Aider with a quizzical expression, trying to gauge the look on his face to reveal just how poorly she'd performed.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Net on January 8th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Kaie
Skills
Stealth +1
Tracking +1
Weapon(Kukri) +1
Bartering +1
Intimidation +1
Unarmed Combat +1
Brawling +1
Tactics +1
Teaching +1
Seduction +1
Weapon: Shortbow +1

Lores
Kukri: Throwing at a target is not as simple as it looks
Bartering: Training in Melee for Training in Range
Tactics: Using Dirt to Cloud your moves

Aider Silander
Skills
Weapon (Shortbow) +2
Socialization +1
Rhetoric +1
Bartering +1
Philosophy +1
Unarmed Combat +2
Tactics +1
Brawling +1

Lores
Myrian Culture: Mixed Blood not accepted.
Ebonstryfe: Zealot Militia of Rhysol
Bartering: Training in Melee for Training in Range
Determine how you are going to handle being disarmed when fighting Melee
Philosophy: Everyone dies eventually
Unarmed Combat Technique: Shoulder Charge
Unarmed Combat Technique: Ankle Grip with Proper leverage drops Ensnares
Tactics: Watch and Determine your course of action against your opponent

I loved the read you guys! Wish it was finished though =(/ Let me know if I missed anything. Please update your grade request in the request thread, do not remove the link please.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous