Flashback In the Dust (Ashe)

Rayala goes out to the Dust Bed for sleuthing and meets a newly intiated Ashe.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

In the Dust (Ashe)

Postby Rayala on August 21st, 2015, 7:37 pm

It didn't take much longer for the two to get to the borders of the Sunset Quarter, the supposedly safer place in the city. There seemed to be a contrast between it and the rest of the city, giving it a bit of a safer feel somehow. While the rest of the city had people crawling about who were clearly looking for something unsavory, it didn't seem so here. There weren't even that many people out this late.

Raya didn't make a habit of spending time in this part of town, unless she had to go there for some information or was requested to. It always did amaze her that some managed to live in apartments or small houses in the city. Even if the buildings weren't in the best condition, they were still better than a tent. Of course the Tent City had a sense of community, arguably more than the rest of the city, but it was still only made of tents, nothing too sturdy. Perhaps one day she would be able to move tot eh Quarter herself.

"Did you want me to walk ya home or no? If you think you can get there from here, fine, but...I know some people don't like th' dark too much," she said, offering her assistance the rest of the way. She realized Ashe would be safe on the way there, at least there was no chance of her getting caught up in the middle of some gangs fighting, but the dark was something else. She had caught her look earlier, so it seemed perhaps she enjoyed the dark, but she was yet young. And most youths imagined monsters popping out from dark corners.
Rayala
Player

Words: 33869
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 12:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

In the Dust (Ashe)

Postby Ashe on August 22nd, 2015, 2:37 am

Ashe watched the surroundings as they became more familiar to her, although it was dark, and generally that was the time dinner was being served. As they drew closer, the child imagined the meal just as she thought in the sea side market: a bubbling stew, made of a tender meat, freshly harvested potatoes, and some dried out vegetables cooked in an iron pot over the fire in the hearth. Also washed down with a cheap wine for everyone to drink with their meal and after the meal had been concluded, a warm bed to sleep in until the morning.

The child almost got lost in her own thoughts again before her guide asked her "Did you want me to walk ya home or no? If you think you can get there from here, fine, but...I know some people don't like th' dark too much." Ashe took a moment to think about the accomodation...Did the child want her parents to know that she brought home a guest? To a family consisting of each member using Reimancy daily?

To her, the thought of bringing Rayala to her parents was frowned upon, besides Ashe knew the Sunset Quarter, and so she looked up at the woman with a twinkle in her eye. "I can make it home from 'ere, thanks for walkin' with me" Ashe said before letting go of Raya's hand and started to pace down the street before making a sharp turn down an alley.
Ashe
The closet mage

Words: 33740
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2015, 3:03 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

In the Dust (Ashe)

Postby Rayala on August 24th, 2015, 2:43 am

Rayala smiled briefly at the girl's words, "Stay safe, Ashe!," she called after her, meaning much more than just the walk home. Ashe was clearly more than just the usual Sunberthian, even if she didn't know why she wasn't, she still was faintly concerned. But the girl had a family, she had people to protect her.

Briefly she felt a pang in her heart, before she shook herself of the emotion. It was easier to be alone in this city than form attachments. Of course she hoped attachments would only be good for the girl, but she knew how bad things could end. This city wasn't a place for children or families, yet they were plentiful. Raya watched the empty street some moments before turning to leave herself, heading back to the Tent City. It was time for her to get some rest, poking around the graveyard could wait until tomorrow. Until then, she could go home for rest and maybe a drink or two in lieu of dinner.
Rayala
Player

Words: 33869
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 12:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

In the Dust (Ashe)

Postby Royal on January 14th, 2016, 10:45 am

Rayala
Please update your ledger to account for both Fall and Winter 515AV living expenses (45GM for poor living conditions, 135GM for common). I believe you’ve been active during these seasons. Once this is done, PM me and I’ll update your grade.

Ashe
Please update your ledger to account for both Fall 515AV living expenses (45GM for poor living conditions, 135GM for common). Once this is done, PM me and I’ll update your grade.

Questions? Comments? Please don't hesitate to PM me!
Royal
You can call me Queen Bee

Words: 65918
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 9:27 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous