On The Edge Of Night (Shy`ban)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Orion on October 30th, 2010, 10:28 am

Jinvan was disgusted by their fear, even he who knew he had no skill when it came to this had enough brains to figure out when not to be afraid. It was all a bunch of happy coincidences that had saved the Vantha now, but still even if the tides were to shift the most that could happen is an all out brawl in which he would get his ass kicked. Even so, being tired of playing with enemies tainted by fear, Jinvan quickly let go of the man kicking him in the ribs to push him away a bit. As the men were heading for the exit he looked at their strange, yet disgusting weapon. Seriously for Syna's sake, who can use such a deformed thing, then he thought that he should throw it away for a moment, but that action too was discarded as he realised he would have no means of intimidation when it came down to it. Putting the dagger like thing on the table where the blazing redhead was sitting. Seeing that she seemed to be curious about what they were doing here, Jinvan ignored his desire to speak as he awaited for his wingman to catch up, and maybe he could explain what in the hell was that twisted looking thing, or at least how do people even fail to make a sword so much?

Starting up a conversation in order to break the silence that began to bother him since not so long ago, he used a subtle, yet not so quiet tone: „Hello, they call me Jinvan, care to spare a name?“ his voice echoed a bit only to be lost into the massive noise of the crowd.

The girl seemed a bit less enthusiastic as the only thing she said was: „Just another idiot i dare presume?“ she chuckled a bit to herself as she parted with her words.

Interested in her playful attitude Jinvan was quick to get excited when he spoke again: „Maybe you've been meeting nothing but idiots up until now, but i dare say that your judgement is clouded as i am not of their kind“ he grinned a bit to himself as he liked them feisty, and the word play could just as well be the beginning.
It was not long after that the Shy'ban joined the fray as Jinvan pointed towards him speaking a bit louder: „And this is my friend...“ there his voice trailed off as he wished for Shy'ban to introduce himself properly.

The girl was hot, the wingman seemed decent, the night seemed young.... what more could one ask?
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on November 3rd, 2010, 6:24 pm

Shy'ban caught up to Jinvan just in time to be introduce to the girl Jinvan was talking to. "They call me Shy'ban." Shy'ban said to the girl and offered a hand to shake which even as coy as she was she took if nothing out of curiosity. "I must say it is a pleasure to meet such a lovely woman as you." He said taking her hand and then bowing slightly and kissed the top of her hand, she wasn't sure what to take of this but she did not pull away. Once he finished Shy'ban let he hand go. It was obvious this was not an act with Shy'ban he talked differently and held himself like some wierd gentleman. However as he did a brief second could see Shy'ban noticed the woman, at least his eyes said as such as he looked her up and down. Then he cleared his throat like someone who realized they were being rude. "I assume you met my friend.." Indicating Jinvan because Shy'ban was not sure if Jinvan had introduced himself yet and in some fashion feeling a bit ackward at the moment just catching himself oogling a woman.
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Words: 5937
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 3:44 am
Character sheet

Postby Orion on November 13th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Shy'ban seemed to know his way around females or so it seemed to the Vantha as he smiled to himself before speaking up: „So you are yet to give us a name girl“ came a soft yet expecting tone that had a strange wish for fulfillment attached to it.

„You are quite rude, Vantha midget“ the girl then paused for a bit in order to give herself some reserved quiet time. „You should learn some manners like your friend here“. The tone that this woman was giving off was either sarcastic or ironic, but her cynical nature is what drew Jinvan even more.

Shifting his gaze at Shy'ban he managed to catch a certain look on his face, was he taking her measure as well? Well not much could be done about that, she was a beautiful creature after all.

As the Ethaefal ended his line, the Inarta shifted her eyes to the other one, to Jinvan speaking slowly: „Yea, we met alright, can't really say i am pleased with the encounter though“ she gave off a small grin as her words evaporated into silence again.
„They call me Monica, pleased to meet you Shy'ban“ as she finished, she nodded towards him before turning her head back to the Vantha and letting out a single word: „Midget“ her head came down in a small bow again.

Ah the joy of fantasy, Jinvan could already see how much fun it would be to conquer this stranger. His thoughts were then cut off as another seemingly accidental insult left the girl's mouth: „So tell me Shy'ban, how did you meet our midget here?“.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shy'ban_Turrill on November 15th, 2010, 8:40 pm

Shy'ban had actually been enjoying the interplay between Jinvan and Monica. One could see the corners of his mouth turn up slightly in amusement. Then when Monica asked how he met Jinvan referring to him as "midget" Shy'ban chuckled. "Well, my friend and I just kind of were in the same place at the same time so to say." Then he paused he knew it sounded vague but he doubted that would really phase Monica, she seemed more interested in Jinvan which was a relief to Shy'ban to be honest. As beautiful as Monica was it was still kind of odd to think of her in a sexual light. "How long have you worked here Monica." Shy'ban said even though with his accent it sounded odd but perhaps intriguing. Shy'ban was charming although one could tell he was not intentionally so. In fact to Shy'ban he was just being "cordial." as he would say which was just being a gentleman. Feeling a little ucomfortable Shy'ban cleared his throat. Then to Jinvan. "I can understand you're misgivings my friend." Then he whispered to Jinvan. "What's a midget?"
Shy'ban_Turrill
Player

Words: 5937
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 3:44 am
Character sheet

Previous