PM to join Broken Bones and Bloated Corpses

A very hostile Drusilla is placed in the Infirmary after a Zith attack

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Broken Bones and Bloated Corpses

Postby Drusilla on October 1st, 2015, 2:09 pm

8th of Fall AV

Drusilla was now seated or rather laying with her leg tethered to the bed frame. She groaned in anger. A few bells ago she had been walking with some chiets when a group of Zith attacked. She had been a lucky one; only scratches and a broken wrist. Her stomach had some scratches but a healer had come and reassured her that the heartbeat she heard coming from inside her was strong.

While that might of calmed down any other expectant mother, Drusilla had been and still was raising holy hell. She simply wanted to leave and tried to do so a few times, this had led to her tethered foot. Now stuck the Symenestra resorted to throwing objects around her at the medics that came in view. They said she needed to be watched and as she was living alone... She had to stay. However Drusilla found this idiotic and swore they just wanted to observe an expectant Symenestra.

"Confining a person to a bed with nothing for them to do is some sort of torture!" She yelled at no one really. As a woman constantly working on something, sitting idle was a punishment and a half. "At least bring me the one Zith I bit and is rotting for sure, petch there might be at least three! And they're rightfully mine! You Inarta would be hot under the collar if someone took your kill of goats away!" She wrestled and flopped about on the bed until the door was timidly opened and a hunk of bread was lobbed at the medic as soon as he was in sight. Much to her demented delight, the medic scurried off leaving the door to her room open. Now anyone who passed by became a target. Thank the gods her dominant hand wasn't broken or her throws would of been off. Less and less people were walking by her room, they were getting smart... But every-so-often one would make a mad dash past the door and items would be thrown.

Deciding her Nari swearing was getting her nowhere fast she began to switch between the four tongues she knew. A young fledgling chiet medic tried to walk past only to get nailed upside the head with a wet sponge accompanied by a cry of "Bull's eye!" The sponge to the head seemed to daze the medic temporarily before they took of in a sprint. They were lucky no one had left anything sharp by her, Drusilla mused.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Brandon Blackwing on October 15th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Just like the previous day, Brandon was helping in the infirmary, his bendi assignments having earned him a spot in the healing facility for a day or three. Unlike the day before though, the bat was now making some sort of herbal paste; or he would soon anyway. Micquel had left a couple chimes prior, excusing himself with the explanation of having staff to supervise and patients to visit. In his stead, there was one of his assistants, a woman who’d mastered the “your typical Inarta” look. She did prove rather knowledgeable though, and professional. Plus, she did not seem to have an incomprehensible dislike for him either, much unlike Keah.

“So what am I doing again?” Brandon asked, stomping on the roots and leaves of some plant or other with a mortar and pestle. “Making a paste of this?” She nodded, “Yes. An anti-inflammatory paste that will encourage healing of wounds.” It wasn’t too difficult; it basically mean he’d just had to squish all of it until it became some sort of… goo. “The plant’s called Comfrey, commonly found near rivers or other bodies of water. They like damp ground.” Brandon gave the plant another look, knowing fully well it would be best to remember that. That way he’d be able to do something more than just apply bandages.

On first sight the herb wasn’t very special; a green, long stem, with lots of long-shaped, green leaves. Closer inspection however, revealed there were massive amounts of tiny hair-like structures sprouting from both leaf and stem. That would help a lot if the bat would ever find a need to go search for the herb. “In spring it has purple bell shaped flowers,” the female assistant added, having noticed the Kelvic scrutinizing the plant. He nodded to indicate he’d heard her, then sniffed the Comfrey, hoping to perhaps be able to distinguish its scent from that of other vegetation. However, he wasn’t really expecting much of it.

Brandon resumed his work on the paste he was supposed to create, crushing the usable parts of the plant, something that was a little harder than it looked. It took long, and by the time Bran was ready, his arm was feeling heavy. Though compared to a day worth of exercise, this was nothing. “Now what?” he informed, his supervisor looking up from her own mortar and pestle, wiping some sweat from her brow. “Now…” she frowned, coming over to inspect the bat’s handiwork, “I don’t know. I’ll have to ask, wait here.” And she was off, most likely going to look for someone in charge. The extra set of footsteps that resonated through the hallway when she returned didn’t promise much good, and neither did the voice. Keah, of course.

“You’re done with making some paste, I hear?” she spoke, casting a glance at Brandon’s work from afar, obviously not willing to come too close. “Good. Well. We’ve been having trouble with a Symenestra-” A Sym? In the infirmary? There was only one of the spidery race in the whole city, so the bat didn’t even have to guess to who it could be. Causing trouble though, that didn’t quite sound like her. “-She’s been throwing fits all day, complaining, throwing stuff. My staff can’t get near her. I’ve heard she’s a friend of yours; so you calm her down.” Brandon sighed. Calming people down wasn’t really his forte, the opposite was more down his alley.

“I’ll try,” he agreed, though Keah wasn’t very pleased with that answer. “No, you will,” she steamed, “This is a place of healing and tranquility. We’re lucky no one has been injured yet, apart from your friend herself. For Rak’keli’s sake! It’s that she’s pregnant otherwise I’d have sent her to her room long ago!” The healer’s rant was far from over though, she merely paused to take a deep breath in. Keah somehow managed to keep it up for a chime or so longer, finishing with; “You see to it, Agent of Death, or I’ll have her restrained!” The Kelvic sighed again, as she strode off to a lot of other work she had to tend to. “Can’t she just be normal around me?” he muttered rhetorically, knowing he shouldn’t have conformed to the healer’s interrogation in regards to his mark.

“It’s indeed rare for Keah to be this … ehm … talkative,” the assistant chimed in, “usually she’s very quiet. But driven and devout nonetheless.”
“I noticed,” the Kelvic breathed, “so, do you think I should do anything else than somehow miraculously making Dru calm down?” The woman stared at him for a tick, confusion crinkling her brow. “Ah, you mean the symenestra. Uhm, let’s see. If memory serves, she was attacked by Zith… so, you should probably bring some of the Comfrey paste, just in case. I don’t doubt her wounds have been cleaned, but it might be for the best to apply some anyway. And change her bandages. Not those of her broken bones though.” She thought for a couple ticks, and then Keah came storming back in, glaring at the bat intensely. “You’re still here? Get going! And if your friend asks for the corpses of ’her’ Zith again, tell her she won’t get them! They’ll only bring more disease in here!” And she was off again, soon followed by Bran, who went to fetch new bandages, bringing the mortar with green goo.

Upon nearing Dru’s room, Brandon noticed several staff members acting strangely; dashing past her door as fast as possible. “What’s going on?” he whispered to the closest person. “She’s been flinging all sorts of objects at us,”the man hastily explained, “we can’t even come in to close the door without being chased back out!” Great. Fits were apparently not the only things Dru had been throwing. Brandon took a deep breath in, and strode around the corner, through the doorway, swatting whatever object the Sym launched at him to the side with the back of his free hand. No biggie. “Good day to you too Dru,” he joked, placing his tools on a nearby table.

credit goes to Estrellir Konrath
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Drusilla on October 19th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Drusilla was running out of things to chuck at the medics who walked past. A groan of frustration. Well, there went her fun... Maybe... She could just throw at every other medic... Make them think she was out of ammo. A devilish smirk formed on the Symenestra's face. Yes, that would work... But, all objects were getting farther and farther from her. A small potted plant caught her eye. It was just out of reach however. Hmmm... Well, she could get it... She'd have to put pressure on her injured limb but... Drusilla paused for a moment, then messed with the tether on her foot. If she could just get the petching thing off! She'd deal with that later, right now that pot.

The Symenestra rolled onto her left side carefully, slowly rolling her ankle within the tether. She placed her injured hand on the cool floor. Drusilla pause for a moment before attempting to put any pressure on her broken wrist. Giving her wrist a few testing leans all came along with wincing. On three, it was decided. She'd put all her weight on her hand and grab that plant. It was gonna hurt, she knew that but she'd do it anyway.

It was done in a quick motion and pain shot up her unsteady arm. Her wrist burned and she gritted her teeth. While this happened in only a couple of ticks, time seemed to stretch and stop to the Symenestra. Her right hand reached for the plant. Still to far. Drusilla stretched her arm out as far as she possibly could and as luck would have it one of her fingers managed to fish hook the pot of the plant. It was a good thing too as her left hand was just about to give out.

She rolled back onto the bed her wrist throbbing in pain. It would be fine. Drusilla looked over to see that she had moved the plant closer, but now a new dilemma... The plant was much too big and much too heavy for her to throw with just her right hand. Another groan of frustration and anger.

She changed her focus from the plant to trying to escape the tether that held her foot to the bed. Drusilla fumbled with the knot. At the sound of approaching footsteps an object was lobbed at whomever it was, she really didn't care who it was. Nor did she see who it was. Caught up in trying to free her foot, the voice, the language, nothing clicked in her head. An angry, "Petch off!" was replied to the voice. She didn't tear her eyes from the tether, but soon let out a cry of anger before returning to her foot.
Last edited by Drusilla on November 4th, 2015, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Brandon Blackwing on October 20th, 2015, 10:55 am

Well, it couldn't have been more obvious; the Sym was in a bad mood that probably surpassed all others the bat had ever seen her don. Nevertheless, he had work to do, and whether or not Dru was going to be working with or against him was not important. He'd come to make the Symenestra woman calm down, and he would, whether she liked it or not. He couldn't have Keah yell at him for the entirety of the day after all -not that he expected she'd suddenly stop because he'd done as asked. Brandon sighed, stepping to the edge of the bed, grabbing the uninjured wrist of one arm, and the forearm of the other, and forced the Sym backwards, back to a lying position.

“Don't mess around with your thingy,” the bat spoke, having forgotten the word in Symenos for the contraption Dru's foot was stuck in. “It's there to keep you from moving so you don't injure yourself further.” The Kelvic wasn't really expecting her to listen, if anything she'd only get angrier, but that was fine. He could take that. “You listen here Dru,” the bat began, getting a little frustrated, not releasing the arms he'd pinned on the bed, “You're being a brat, and a bother. Keah's extremely pissed off as a result of your behavior, and the only reason you haven't been kicked out yet, is because you're with child!” He took a deep breath in, scowling intensely, holding the Sym's gaze.

“So calm the petch down, let people do their work, and maybe, just maybe you're out of here faster, instead of making things worse!” His mouth was an angry snarl, teeth bared, but he released the Sym from his vice grip, and turned to the bandages and paste he'd brought. “You have three options, Dru,” he spoke again, “One. You cease your tantrum and behave. Two. You don't, Keah gets even more pissed, and you will be restrained entirely. Or three, you don't calm down, and I'll restrain you myself!” He turned his face back towards the Symenestra, his gaze an icy stare. “And I can assure you, you will not like it. So, what will it be?”

Brandon broke the stare, fumbling with the fresh bandages, then pulling the table closer to her bed so he could reach it easily without having to walk back and forth. “I give you two chimes to decide.” Ah, he needed water too, to clean the wounds before reapplying the bandages. “Two chimes Dru,” he warned, striding to the door, closing it behind him. It took a moment to locate a dek to send for water and clean rags, but the drudge worked fast, Brandon's expression probably having something to do with it. While dek was away, Keah passed by a couple times, though she didn't speak a word, only casting deadly glares in his direction. The dek arrived then, bringing with him the requested items, and after delivering them he quickly ran off to another medic who needed help. A sigh escaped the bat as he returned to Dru's room, about to open the door, mentally preparing to step through the portal. The two chimes had passed...there was no telling what he'd find inside. He just hoped the Sym had ceased her tantrum.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Drusilla on November 4th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Brandon. Of course! The Symenestra was in a foul mood, so send in the bat. Drusilla sighed and rolled her eyes. Really. Really? This was the best they could do? Honestly, she had made her demands clear and yet... She didn't look him in the eyes, in fact she did everything she could to let him know she took him about as serious as the Inarta from earlier. Suddenly she was pinned to the bed by Brandon. She struggled under him in anger.

"Get off of me! I'll do as I please, thank you very much." She let her fangs show, a warning. But seeing as Brandon was hard headed. "You're being a brat, and a bother." She mimicked back at him each word dripping sarcasm. At the bat's bared teeth the Symenestra grinned and gave him a good kick with her right leg.

He left the room giving her a warning, "You forget option four Brandon dear. Where I do as I please. I like that option best." The Symenestra murmured to herself. She looked over at the plant, "Sorry, nothing personal. But I need you pot." She spoke to the plant before knocking it off the table beside her. Drusilla grinned as she looked down at the broken pot. Quickly she gathered the larger shards of broken glass. She hid one under her pillow, and several in other various places. Saving only one and using it to cut the tether.

Her two chimes were almost up, Brandon would be back. With that in mind she quickly scaled the wall avoiding the glass that covered the floor and positioned herself just above the back of the door. She knew the bat was smart, but she was hoping her glass chaos would stun him for a tick or two. While he tried to figure out her mess she'd slip through the door, however she doubted it would be that easy... But it was a plan. Even if she didn't get out, she'd give Brandon hell.

Drusilla of course didn't want to hurt him.... In fact, she doubted she even could. Seemingly always on guard nothing ever seemed to get the best of him. Let alone an angry Symenestra. Petch, let alone her. Whatever he had done before coming to Wind Reach.... She still didn't know, but it had made him cautious and quick thinking. She had studied him, the way he acted. He'd figure everything out much too quickly. It would be little more than a game to him. Even at her sharpest, Brandon was far ahead. But she was learning and this would be another lesson.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 19th, 2015, 7:51 pm

The first thing he saw was an empty bed, and glass shards all over the place. Dru was gone. It didn't stop Brandon from entering though, on the contrary, it only made for quicker actions. The door hadn't opened fully, but Brandon slipped through, easily balancing the bowl of water in his one hand. Someone would have noticed if the spider had escaped, which meant she was still in the room. The Kelvic could smell her too; he immediately slammed the door shut with his foot, using a second motion with the same body part to slide a glass shard forcibly under the portal. There, that should do the trick, it should work like a wedge, preventing the Sym from escaping.

Brandon doubted she realized what he'd just done, or if she was aware he knew where she was hiding. It wasn't hard to figure out; when standing in the door frame, Bran hadn't been able to see her anywhere. However, he could smell her, and that alone was more than enough to figure out she was right above him. He could hear her too, if he focused; taking in ragged breathes of excitement. She'd probably been holding her breath when he'd entered, but that was a stupid thing to do if that which you tried to hide from wasn't going to leave anytime soon. Well; if the pursuer had excellent hearing, of course. Though in general it was a bad idea; learning how to control your breathing was a much better solution.

For a tick, the Kelvic wondered if he should play along, investigate her bed, inspect the glass shards and the cut-through tether that was lying abandoned on the sheets. He decided against it though, he wasn't really in the mood for such games, and this one would just be tedious. It was already too obvious what had happened, you didn't have to be a detective to figure it out. Sym cuts tether with shards of the vase that housed that discarded plant. Then she clambers onto the ceiling and tries to escape through the door. The end. A plan that wouldn't work anymore, for the door was now effectively blocked. The thief sighed, walking towards the table he'd used just before he'd left, placing his newly acquired water and rags on top of it.

“Mind coming down, Dru?” he informed, not even bothering to look up, “I need to change your bandages.” And perhaps he'd restrain her too, with the bedsheets, if the need arose. If there was need for it the bat would use force as well, he'd easily overpower the Symenestra, though he'd rather not resort to that. The possibility existed he'd break some of her fragile bones, be it actively or passively. Brandon was very well aware that he could just deliver what he deemed a weak punch and he'd shatter her whole ribcage. That was him injuring her actively. On the other hand, hurting her passively was just enduring -for lack of a better word- her “attacks” and letting her break her own limbs by doing so. Of course, she'd have to hit hard for that to be possible first... that kick she'd given him earlier he had barely even felt.

Another problem was Dru being pregnant. Maybe it'd be for the best to just use joint locks after all; it wouldn't injure her -as long as she wasn't going to be stubborn- but it would restrict her movements and it wasn't too taxing. He just hoped he wouldn't have to coax her off of the ceiling; he really wasn't in the mood for that. That was just guaranteed to end badly.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes