PM to join Gather it Together (Pulren Marsh)

Pulren and Firenze gathering her things together and explore her previous living.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Gather it Together (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Firenze on July 25th, 2015, 9:41 pm

c
Pain radiated through her chest, it felt as though she couldn’t breathe. There was something squeezing her lungs just as hard as she tried to squeeze her eyes shut and pray to the gods that it would go away. A knife was in her hand. Blood was everywhere. Rolling over, dirt grinding into her skin, she stabbed. And stabbed. And continued to stab. Air was so difficult to pull into her lungs. She needed to scream, to breathe, to escape. The pain wouldn’t go away! Her heart cried and tears rolled down her cheeks as she sobbed. The blood was everywhere and she couldn’t stop stabbing the woman. The woman was there, next to her. Her cold eyes were blank and stared at her, accusing her. The woman’s mouth opened but didn’t move, YOU did this.

Her body drenched in sweat, Fire flew into a seated position and stared around the room blankly. Not seeing the room itself but the images that were burned into her mind. Her heart felt like it was in a vise. Breathing heavy, trying to pull the cool night air into her lungs, she let go and tears ran trails on her skin. Her cries were heavy, the pain in her chest trying to escape. Running her fingers into her hair, she grasped at it trying to get the images out of her mind. Curling up in the seated position, her knees tucking in close, she let the sobs rack her body quietly.

She had done it. Why had she? She was trying to hurt me, I did what I had to do. I didn’t have a choice. Don’t we always have a choice? Sometimes you don’t. Was the pain really from what she’d done or was it from something else? Why had she not felt this before? She hadn’t been sleeping much lately so maybe she’d not had time to dream about it, she wasn’t sure, maybe it was due to being in a place that felt safe.

Questions ran through her mind, about everything. It’s your fault Fire. You did this. I HAD to! I do what I need to survive...I have to survive… I survive… I survive… She chanted this in her mind as she slowly rocked back and forth. Breathing through her nose and out of her mouth, she tried to clear her mind and calm herself.

Looking up, tears streaked across her face, Palaren laid on the other bed in the room, she could vaguely make out the backside of him from the moon’s light streaming in through the windows. Gathering herself together she got up to busy her hands, try to take her mind off of what had just happened. Her shirt swished softly as she moved to get a cup and fill it with water. Drinking it down, her back to Palaren, she leaned against the table and ran a hand over her face. She tried to think of what they were going to do today, making a list and going over it in her mind, tallying one after another and repeating, wanting to clear the nightmare.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts

c
Last edited by Firenze on August 10th, 2015, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 1st, 2015, 2:44 am

Pulren looked around through the green water of Mathews Bay, walking around on it. His bare feet made puddles as he was inverted on the water's surface, seeing the sky above the bay beneath him as he walked. He felt very comfortable there under the surface. He felt at home as he watched his clothes sway in the drag of the waves. Nothing could make him more happy than being under the water. Nothing.

His eyes fluttered open in the dim light of the room. He was in bed, covered and mostly naked save for his undergarments. He and Fire had never followed through with the growing heat of their first night together and he was proud of that. He wanted more from her, though he couldn't quite pin down what that was. Now he could see her silhouette against the light of Leth coming through the window. Her body communicated exhaustion or sadness. He couldn't see her face but he guessed that something was wrong. Maybe she couldn't sleep or just had as much on her mind as Pulren generally did.

Speaking in a hushed tone, he propped up on an elbow. "Hey. Couldn't sleep?"

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on August 4th, 2015, 3:50 pm

c
Jumping slightly, the table rocked, the cup on the surface wobbled. His voice startled her, having thought that he was asleep. Her hand rested on her chest above her heart as she turned to face him. He was propped up on and elbow, the bedding barely covering his naked flesh. The moon filtered in through the window giving his skin a blue hue. Bed hair was tousled around his head.

Shame flushed her skin for having woken him on the first night of her sleeping in his cottage. Wanting to be a good roommate and already it felt as though she weren’t doing such a good job at it.

Walking softly over near his bed, the cup of water in hand, the wood cold under her toes, she whispered back in response to his question, “Ah, yeah, sorry. I…” Her shoulders lifted in a shrug and the corner of her mouth pulled to the side, “I was just getting a drink of water. I’m sorry if I woke you up.” She settled on the end of the bed toward his feet, her hands in her lap the cup nestled in her hands.

Her heart beat hard but was unable to tell if it was from the nightmare or the proximity of him. For a tick she wondered if sitting on the bed was a good idea, if she should have stayed standing. Shifting slighting, the bed moving under her weight, she kept her eyes on her hands, “Did I wake you?” Tucking a foot underneath her leg, she glanced over to him, eyes skimmed up from the small amount of fabric covering his lower half, up his chest and to sleep lidded eyes.

For a moment she wondered if she should tell him about her nightmare, but then withheld. It had been about her killing that woman in Sunberth. Although it had been self-defense it still had felt… wrong. Maybe that was what was bothering her? That she hadn’t killed to sustain nourishment but done it for self preservation? Even when the bear had attacked her they never killed him, he’d run off.

This was an entirely new situation for her and she was trying her best to deal with it. Even when she’d been on the boat, the distractions of the departure and trying to make it to Zeltiva had kept her from dwelling on things. The first season in the city, trying to find her way around, figure out a living situation and employment had kept her busy. Settling into a comfortable situation and relaxing was the only explanation that she could come up with.

The thought hit her, she was comfortable with Palaren, it was unusually quick but it had been like that since she’d first met him in Sunberth. It felt… good. Even just sitting next to him, his presence gave her peace. Her heart had already started to slow, the tense anxiety in her muscles started to leave and it seemed that being near him was the cause. She didn’t understand why, but at that moment in the early morning, the moon still in the sky, the blue light shooing the darkness in the room, she didn’t really care to think about the why of it.

A soft smile came over her lips and she tucked her hair behind her ear, “Do you mind giving me company for a moment? I’m not keeping you up am I?” Wanting to spend a little more time with him before she went back to her own bed to try on catching up on sleep.

c
Last edited by Firenze on August 10th, 2015, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 9th, 2015, 6:26 am

It was nice seeing her walk near him. He half wanted her to come back to bed, as if she was ever there. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I just woke up and saw you sitting there. It's different. I've been by myself for a long time." He took a deep breath and rubbed at his eyes a moment, glad for the weight he felt at the end of the bed as she took a seat. Even if she chose to do this kind of thing often or every night, it was a welcome distraction to the doldrums that had become his life prior. "I'm glad you're here, though." he smiled and eased back down a little, though he kept his eyes on her face that glowed in the moonlight.

He shook his head at the question of his waking up. He wasn't sure why he had woken up when he did. It didn't really matter. He could tell that she was mulling something over. In the short time that Pulren had known this girl, this was one thing about her that he could be sure of. She did a lot of thinking prior to actually voicing a thought or a concern. Maybe it was her upbringing. He didn't know what that was. They really both lacked the information that they needed to understand the other, so Pulren would do his best to learn all that he could of the mysterious Firenze. "I don't mind at all." He patted the bed and encouraged her to scoot closer. He wanted her to be closer, though it wasn't out of any carnal desire. He just longed for the contact and the closeness.

"I'm here for you. Anytime you need me." He meant that and if she came closer, he would place his hand on hers to reassure her of his intentions. " Did you have a bad dream?" People had them. He felt like he had lived his out to the point that his dreams were more the pleasant life that he kept missing out on in wakefulness. He hoped that she would change that ratio. he looked up at the bird, sleeping in its cage. Hope.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on August 9th, 2015, 8:06 pm

c
He told her that he was glad she was there, her cheeks tinged pink at his comment and a wide smile crept on her lips. “I’m glad that I’m here too,” she kept her eyes on his as she spoke, so that he could tell that she was being honest in her response. He leaned back a little more and she could see his lean muscle move and flex as he shifted to get comfortable. Her heart started to beat a little faster but this time for a different reason than the nightmare. Nervousness had her fiddling with the cup in her hands without her noticing.

He spoke again and told her that he’d always be there. That kicked up her heartbeat a little faster. Hadn’t she thought that someone else was going to always be there for her too? It seemed as though everyone that she tried to get close to disappeared. Would he truly be there for her? It felt as though he did, she didn’t see any reason to why he would lie about it. Could she trust herself to get close to someone again though? Would they break her heart and leave that gut wrenching feeling and a hole in her life?

Sighing softly as the thoughts passed quickly through her mind, bottom lip between her teeth. She decided that life would be quite lonely if she never opened up to anyone ever again. Still quite young, it would be a very lonely life if closed off. It was the first huge step in the friendship between the two and although it scared her and made her heart feel as though it were about to leap from her chest, she decided to let him in just a little.

He had patted the bed after he was comfortable, a sign that she took as him wanting her closer. A look at the bed and she took her first jump in trust. Wanting to be near him and take the comfort that he was offering. A slight hesitation but then she moved down the bed, bending over placing the cup on the floor next to it, then turning her frame so that she was facing the same way that he was and they were hip to hip. She stayed seated as her feet came up and rested long legs next to his, brushing gently as she continued to get situated.

It was a slightly awkward position and she couldn’t see his face, she wasn’t sure how comfortable she was allowed to get so she took cue off of how he was positioned. Leaning back onto her elbow so that they were closer still, only a foot or so away from each others faces. It gave her a better look at his face so that she could talk to him easier. He placed a hand on hers and eyes turned down from his face to their joined hands. A smile crept on her face, the intention of reassure coming across, giving her warmth.

“It was of when I was back in Sunberth. I did something I’m not quite proud of and I suppose that it’s starting to catch up with me.” Her skin felt icy, as though that previous warmth were draining out of her as she spoke of it, gooseflesh standing up along her arms. Rubbing them, she scooted a little closer to Palaren, hoping the heat from his skin could draw away the cold that seemed to seep in.

“I…,” a soft sigh,”killed a woman. She was attacking me then another woman… Bitzer? She showed up and helped to distract the lady that was on top of me but… she wouldn’t stop… so I stabbed her.” Shame crept in, her eyes averted his and instead rested on his bare legs, her fingers picking lightly at the mattress. Her heart raced and it made her wonder what he would think after revealing so much. It scared her that it would change the way he thought of her or their friendship, but it was a relief to be able to get it off her chest and have someone other than The Wolf know.

c
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 12th, 2015, 12:10 am

Before he knew it, she had not only scooted closer but leaned in on her elbow, making her close enough that they could probably smell each other's breaths. Pulren tried his best to breathe softly as he couldn't remember what the last thing he had eaten was. She spoke of Sunberth and some kind of event that had occurred there. Who was proud of anything they had done there?He listened to her story, his eyes focused as best as they could be in the half light of the cabin on her own.

Suddenly, several things came into view for Pulren. One, Fire was a killer. Out of necessity, but nevertheless, a good thing to know. Two, she had been in Sunberth at the same time as he had for knowing three, which was Bitzer or Fallon. She turned her countenance from him, concerned for him to know about her past transgressions. Although it was completely inappropriate, he couldn't help the rising giggles coming up from deep within his chest. Pulren quickly sat up and scooted over to give her room. Still laughing a bit, he shook his head slightly and tried to toss the other half of the blanket over her legs.

"I'm sorry. Listen, you may be surprised or happy to hear this, but I know Bitzer. I know her quite well. I was a good friend of hers back then, when I had met you. I lived where she did at the Quay. I've killed many a man, though no women as of yet. So we are both killers and we have more in common than you might expect." He felt better knowing that she wasn't the completely naive creature he had expected. It also made him think about the fact that he had gone to sleep without knowing her past. The thought of Zandelia on his lap with a knife to his ribs came back all of a sudden.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on December 13th, 2015, 11:48 pm

c
Her eyes tried to scan his face but it was hard to see and was unable to tell what he might thinking after she’d made her admission. It wasn’t long though that she heard a sound that startled her… he was… laughing? She hadn’t thought it would be something funny, but maybe he did? Why? Confusion covered her face, her brow raised on one side and the corner of her mouth threatened to lift even though she wasn’t sure why. Perhaps because he was laughing. She released some of her anxiety on a small chuckle.

Then confusion struck her harder as he apologized. Listening as he continued it slowly began to become clear. Pulren knew Bitzer? They lived together? Her head rushed as she tried to take in what he was saying. She didn’t even think that he might know other people in Sunberth, when he told her that he was from Zeltiva she hadn’t thought he would know anyone there.

Her heart beat against her ribs as he told her that he was also a killer and that they were alike. Unsure of whether to be relived or leery, she had felt such a connection with him when she’d met him, but as usual her curiosity had led her into a situation she should’ve been more cautious on. A strange feeling started to creep in however, she knew she should be cautious but her curiosity egged her on, she wanted to impress him. So he’d killed quite a bit? Would he find killing animals impressive? He hadn’t seemed to mind as much that she’d killed a human.

“Well…” she fiddled with her hands next to her, “that was the only person that I’ve killed… it still kind of bothers me… but it’s odd, because I’ve hunted and still do hunt animals, but I don’t feel… as bad?” Her brows scrunched together again as she tried to figure out the best words to describe what she was thinking and feeling. “I like chasing them and tracking them and sometimes playing with them…” she was daydreaming of chasing the animals, a smile on her face, but then she’d realized that what came out of her mouth might sound odd. Her eyes went a little wide and she glanced over.

He didn’t know what she was, if he did she was sure that even though her killing someone hadn’t seemed bothered him as much as she thought, her being able to take on a Kelvic form would. Heart beating hard again she mentally kicked herself for having a loose tongue around him. Hoping that he didn’t find what she’d said as odd.

c
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 15th, 2015, 12:47 am

There was silence after his admission and laughing. She probably took it as rude; women usually did take boisterous action as an affront, even when they professed for equal treatment. The darkness of the room was listening as clearly and carefully as Pulren was. while it was still cold, a stray leg slipped from the blanket and the foot was on the floor. He was fairly sure she was harmless, but the previous and coming admissions made his instincts kick in enough to have a solid footing if need be.

When she did have an answer, Pulren was truly at a loss as he tried to understand the girl in the shadows. She was a hunter, which would explain her instincts, both for survival and hunting. When she admitted to playing with her prey, it made the Zeltivan pause. She seriously didn't seem the type to tease or torture animals. He would have to seek clarification and hope for the best. He had no weapons. His trusty razor was on the basin but it was far enough away that should she have a weapon or some other talent ready to spring, he would really be in trouble.

His words would have to be cautious and to the point. "So, you are a hunter. I remember your chasing a butterfly back in Sunberth, but I honestly didn't imagine you taking down larger prey. What are your weapons of choice?" He didn't want to skirt the possibility of animal cruelty. Even if he didn't care for it, Pulren wasn't an animal. He slid his other leg over so that he was sitting upright at the edge of the bed. He feigned a motion of stretching and rubbing his eyes, blinking in the dim light. He was feeling a little better about both feet being planted on the ground. her answer would dictate his next move.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on December 15th, 2015, 2:13 am

c
Biting her bottom lip, she fiddle with her fingers, nervous if what she’d said would impress him or make him shy away from her. She waited anxiously until he spoke, mentioning that she was a hunter and of the day that they’d met. Remembering that day brought a smile to her lips. “Yeah, I like to hunt, I think it’s better to do the work of catching your own meal sometimes, you know?” He shifted on the bed, but she didn’t think much of it. “I suppose, I like to chase things… is what I meant, like the butterfly. Or play with them like... people play with their food? I’m not really sure how to describe it.”

He moved again and was sitting up on the bed stretching. She watched the moonlight wash against him and wondered if the conversation might be making him uncomfortable, she’d not really talked with anyone like this before and she wanted to be straight with him, but at the same time she worried that he might not understand. A sadness pinged her as she thought of Dor’gen and how he’d understood her, a quick flash of pain following, her brow furrowing she shook her head to get rid of the memories.

Coming back to the question she debated again on how much she should tell him, she felt like the conversation was starting to spiral out of control and she wasn’t sure how to handle it. “I use my dagger sometimes, but I’m really quite terrible with it…” groaning internally she felt as though she just kept digging her hole deeper proverbally.

Nervously she sat up as well and bent over to grab her cup of water, got up and poured a little more from the pitcher into it. Taking a drink, her back to him, she ran a hand through her hair. “I’m really terrible at explaining things and I’m sorry if it’s not coming out right. I thought because you’d killed before that you might think me being able to would be a good thing… kind of like… we’re on the same level?” A heavy sigh, she turned, “I mean, that… we were of equal?” Frustration had her squinting in the darkness at him, trying to read what he might be thinking, but it wasn’t clear just as his features were unclear in the unlit room.

“I tried to hunt for a living when I lived in Sunberth and I… was actually quite terrible at it. I tried making a living off what I caught but sometimes I could barely catch enough to feed myself. I lived in a small alcove when I first got here, it wasn’t very easy. I’d have a few good days but mostly bad. You’re right though that I’m not very good at fighting things larger than me, even with help,” pulling her shirt to the side a little she tried to show him the long scars from the claw marks on her side, “a bear gave me these when I wasn’t paying attention. I almost didn’t make it…”

Her hand dropping to her side, her shirt falling back into place, “I know this must seem weird, huh?” Waving a hand in the air she leaned back against the table as she fought with herself, an internal struggle to trust another person after the hurt that she’d felt so long and the pure fear of being hurt again. No one had ever really known her secret. Could she trust him? Would he hurt her? She’d be screwed if he took what she said the wrong way, but then if he didn’t… would that bring them to being closer friends?

Her hand waved toward her chest, “I… must seem weird.” The hand rested there, the thundering of her heart could be felt against her palm. Fear began to bloom in her chest but she decided that he’d be the only person she’d actually felt she could began to open up to since Dor’gen.

She sighed, her head tipped down slightly, hair fell from her shoulder, “I think it’s hard sometimes for me to understand people… because…” her head tipped to the side slightly and she decided to blurt it out and get it over with. If she couldn’t trust him, then who could she trust in the world? “I’m a cat… well kind of a cat… I mean… I’m Kelvic… but I’m a large cat? Well… a tiger… ah… I’m sorry, I know that sounds insane, right?”

A tear slipped down her cheek from the nervousness of telling someone who she really was, the uncertainty of him not understanding, all the fresh feelings from her nightmare, she began to feel really overwhelmed. Taking another sip of her water she tried to wash the film and fear out of her mouth. Tried to imagine the water pushing all the emotion down with it. She didn’t want to cry in front of him. A heavy sigh escaped from her lips.

c
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 3rd, 2016, 12:04 pm

Now, let's not blow all of this out of proportion. Pulren wasn't scared, per se. He just didn't know what to make out of the things that Firenze was saying and he had no intention of getting caught off guard should she decide that he would be her next plaything. Not that he would mind her playing with him in a sense, but certainly not in the way she was describing. He could understand chasing after his own meal, as fishing could certainly be described as a violent pastime for the sake of getting food. It was a stretch to think that he would enjoy playing with the fish, though. Better to hook it, pull it and string it. Keep it alive and less stressed. Tasted better.

Completely overlooking the addition of the dagger comment, Pulren rubbed his face with his palms as he listened to Firenze stumble over herself, though he didn't really understand why. If you are going to say you're a killer, say it. Be it. He heard her shift and took a moment to have a spy of it. He was rewarded with the moonlight against the line of her back and the sound of water being poured into a glass. He turned back and looked at the floor, smiling at himself. Perhaps it wasn't so crazy, after all. "Sure we're equal. Well, you are definitely better looking than me but we know that I can swim better. I imagine it all evens out."

He looked again and she was lifting her shirt to the side. A bear? An alcove? "It does seem a little weird, but I'm used to weird." He really was, sadly. It was as if every time the Watchtowers shifted, Pulren's life became a little more bizarre. Was this really all that different? He could tell by the quavering of her voice that she was nervous, so he stood from the bed and tried to slide his pants back on in the half darkness as she finally explained herself. She was a cat. A Kelvic. A tiger. Kelvic...It sounded familiar for some reason. "You can change into an animal, right? I don't know much about it, other than I saw someone do it once when I was going to hire a courier. They were an eagle and then they were a naked girl. Is that what you are talking about?"

He could hear her sigh and he felt bad about making such a big deal out of things. He felt the danger was over for the most part and there had just been an unfortunate misunderstanding. "Sorry I made such a big deal out of it. Relax. It's okay. We all have little things about ourselves that are weird. If it makes you feel better, I can make rocks appear out of nowhere." Well, not out of nowhere, exactly, but this was no time for a magic lesson.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next