Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby Gossamer on December 3rd, 2009, 9:20 pm

Nero

"We'll you'll never find anything here... rooting through the cobwebs. I can show you exactly where you'll find that book. I just finished making a new copy of it myself."
Dominac said as the old man shuffled up from behind his desk, moved out into the store proper, and walked down one isle, then another. He paused on the end of an aisle, picked up a relatively clean looking volume, and handed it to the man.

"Here you go... 30 Gold Rimmed-Mizas. It's a very good copy."
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 3rd, 2009, 9:27 pm

Voreasos

"A job huh?" Dominac said gently, looking thoughtful. "Why do you want a job here? I don't want anyone cleaning... no one at all touching this shop. You can help by copying though, making new books, and waiting on customers. I don't pay much though... only 5 gold mizas a day. How much you looking to make? You'd need to learn philtering to do more.... for the potions I have here." The old man said, looking thoughtful.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Voreasos Alisier on December 3rd, 2009, 9:35 pm

Vor just nodded his head a bit as he heard of the payment. He knew he was holding his breath on piles of riches yet 5 gold mizas a day could add up to be a lot as it was more then enough to pay for a room and meal. "5 gold mizas is good...I am willing to learn anything along with working on making it so the copies of any books will be better as well. My skills mainly lay in Magecraft yet that is a art I really can't do on my own due to the amounts it costs."

He did want to learn more of his magecraft yet he knew that he had to save gold for it to run it on his own. He knew of one teacher yet that teacher was being more of a pain then a help however he could do this in the day then craft for awhile at night. Who needed sleep anyway?

"I can wait on customers so you can do your own work, I can copy books and help make new books for you to sell as well." His voice was a bit eager yet he was eager to learn and help out.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nero Czan on December 3rd, 2009, 10:27 pm

Nero skimmed over the book and judged it to be fair enough. "Sounds like a deal." He picked out 30 gold mizas from his pack and handed it to the man. He smiled as he bid his farewells and left the disorganized store. What a sty...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Voreasos

"See that you do. I pay on a basis that you show up and work that day. You can shelve stuff and work on copying existing texts into new ones when we have no customers. No cleaning! I'm open ten hours a day, and I expect you to be here eight of them. Five days on, two off, five back on. Be here. I am not heartless though, the Dragon sends over a meal at midday, and I'll make sure they double it so you don't go hungry free of charge. Them cooks over there are something else." Dominac said. "And if I catch ya stealing... I'll turn you right over to the Knights. And if you copy a book for yourself, thats fine, but you must pay for the cost of the blank one and do it on your own time. It's been a problem with helpers before hand." The old man said, shuffling off to go look for something for a customer.

As he moved down the isle, he called out after Vor. "I'll start teaching you philtering too so you can make some of my potions as our stores get lower. But that takes time, so I'd rather you work on texts for now. There's a towards the back of the store you can clean off and use." He added.... though lords knew where the desk actually was... most likely buried itself under boxes, cobwebs, and books.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Voreasos Alisier on December 7th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Voreasos just smiled and made a small nod. "I rather not take any days off right now and just work however I may take a small day off now and then. I would like to start now and I look down on stealing so have no fear of that. Do you have a price list so I do not have to bug you every second when a person comes and I will look around to learn more of the shop. I will copy a few books when we are closed so I won't make any mistakes and they will not have to wait."

He did want to help and was going to learn the ropes rather quickly. He would learn not to step on toes and try his best to help run the shop and let them earn more income. He had no real skill in this area but he was willing to learn and learn as fast as he could.

"When you order the food just make sure it is soild and not soup or such. Bulks of meat will be best really but I do not need to eat often as long as it is large."

He said as he moved back in the store, his eyes scanning the area and not really poking at the dirt. It was in order to the shop owner and that meant a lot more then cleanness.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on January 15th, 2010, 6:07 am

50th of Winter, 509

Alistair visibly flinched when he first glanced at the cataclysmic conditions within Undeniable Interest. By the sounds of it, a small clan of rats was digging around somewhere in the back, or possibly the shop owner. It was actually the implications of the dust and cobwebs that irked him so, as opposed to the filth and disorder itself. Look at all these unused objects, who knows what sorts of things could be hidden within this cess pool! deGrey blew on a small pile of trash, or possibly treasure, and dust scattered into the air in a filthy blizzard. Alistair covered his mouth and coughed, not wanting to breathe in the disgusting substance. Underneath the blanket of dust and cobweb tethers was a pile of books and a few vials of something or other. Immediately deGrey picked up one of these books, only to discover it was a detail about Reimancy. Alistair dropped the book, looking like he had involuntarily eaten an expired cabbage. It was decided that the more preferable option would be to explore more of the shop, and possibly put some of these objects to use. However, deGrey did not have all day, "Ah, hello? I require books, particularly books on philtering, Oh, and engineering I suppose. If anything on machines or architecture presents itself, bring it forward as well. I do not suppose there is anybody here, is there?" Alistair realized he may very well be speaking at a pack of rats. Regardless, it was always possible the proprietor did not hear him, for Alistair's shouts were often the equivalent of normal conversation. Just to be sure, he took a few more steps into the shop, careful not to trip over anything.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 18th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Alistair

"Yes, yes... coming coming. There is someone here. I just have old bones and that Symenestra that was working here ran off. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him for ages. I'll tell you... that's the last time I hire someone to help out and expect them to show up every day for work. I'm glad I didn't pay him ahead of time... that much is certain." Dominac said with a rough voice. It sounded like he'd been drinking heavily and smoking cheroots like a chimney with all the gravel coming out of his mouth. He was an old man, stooped at the back, but bright eyed with sharp whit.

"Now... what you wanted. Philtering, I have definitely. It's just over here."
The ancient creature roamed back down a separate isle and cursed as a muffled crash echoed from that vicinity. Alistair could see a puff of dust rise up over the shelves in the direction the man had wandered too. Then the shuffling continued, a curse, and sure enough a rat scurried by practically over Alistair's feet. "Ah!" A voice called out from halfway across the shop. "I do have a 'Principles of Engineering'... I thought I did, but someone must have moved it because its over with my more unique tools." He said, moving past where Alistair was standing again to disappear down a different isle. The gadgeteer was sure he saw an aura of cobwebs trailing the shuffling form.

"Well, no architecture, but I do have one on animation. Interested? And I have another on the smithing if handtools... but thats it."
The man said, laying some nicely put together books on the desk near Alister - the philtering and engineering book - showing him the other two that were less relevant.

"It's 30 GM for the philtering, 25 GM for the Engineering book... both of the other two are 20 GM apiece. I can look around for books on Machines or
Aritechture in my travels. I do take in trades sometimes... but no promises. If you have an address here in Syliras, I'll send you word if I find one if you leave me where to send word too."
Dominac said, smiling.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alistair deGrey on January 19th, 2010, 12:23 am

While the old man rambled and shuffled about the shop looking for the books, Alistair began examining a set of vials on a long forgotten table. Behind the layer of dust he discerned a dark blue or black liquid in each one. deGrey lightly tapped one, and the liquid inside became a vicious tempest sloshing against the inside of the glass. Alistair started slightly, and turned as he heard Dominac mention "unique tools".

The old man creaked to one of his desks and set the four books down he had been gurgling about earlier. deGrey approached and read the titles of each, then took the animation and set it aside. He then lightly picked up the philtering book and perused its pages, "I do not suppose one could find a recipe for Alchemist's Fire within this book?" Alistair continued glancing through the book, looking for the page. After a few more seconds he set it down with the rest of the books, "I suppose I will take them all, except for that" Alistair nodded at the text on Animation.

But before Alistair handed over the seventy five mizas he owed the man, he asked another string of questions, "You mentioned, 'more unique tools' earlier, what would be the nature of said tools? Though an even better inquiry would be, are they for sale?"
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 30th, 2010, 2:26 am

Alistair

Dominac chuckled. "Alchemists fire is a closely guarded secret, lad. You aren't going to easily find it. Especially not in a book selling for 20 GM. It's got recipes in it like quick fading ink, to make your curtains light proof, that sort of thing. You can't buy good alchemy recipes on the street. You have to learn them from the Masters. You should know that boy." The old man said, chuckling to himself.

Dominac thought for a moment. "Unique tools.. well for unique projects. Sometimes we have calligraphers who need special ink tips. Sometimes wax producers need scents. I've got burners for extracting scents. I have pliers, and calipers, various tools for measuring. I even have rock hounding gear and even some basic sailing equipment. I used to love to sail in my day. I think there's a gemcutter's wheel in here somewhere as well. Sure, my things are for sale. But you gotta tell me what you need. I have a bit of everything." The main said, taking Alistairs money and handing him the books all bundled in a neat string. "Now, get yourself on out of here if you don't want nothin else." He said with a chuckle, already turning to head to another project. He didn't peg Alistair as any sort of craftsman. Probably just a nobleman's son with too much coin on his hands.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext