Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby Elhaym on September 2nd, 2010, 9:01 pm

Pain sighed in exasperation. She didn't want to explain this to a dozen different people. She didn't even want the book that badly, in all honesty. Well, no matter. She was already here.

"...Well, hi there. Like I said to the old guy, I need certain type of book. I've heard about a magic called Flux, I think it is? Well, I want to learn about it. You got anything like that in here?"
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby John Vicari on September 2nd, 2010, 9:38 pm

Pain

No wonder the old man took him from his book other then it was his job, John thought as he listened to her. His face still held a smile but inside his view of her it was shifted yet that would not really matter in the end of things. Yet she was just another person who thought magic was the joy of the world along with the flux but it was not his place to warn people nor even add common sense in the heads of people.

"Yes, we have a few books of flux. The cheapest book starts at 30 miza and goes to 60. All the books are copies however it will let you learn far more then enough to get started."

He said as he moved inside the store picking up a small leather bound tome of brown leather holding it in his hand for her reply.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Elhaym on September 3rd, 2010, 2:52 am

"Thirty Mizas? Thats quite a bit..." She thought, examining the book he held. It was thick and dusty, and a bit intimidating really.

"Uh... well, I guess thats fine." Pain decided to just do it. She didnt' need money for much, and she could always try to bring it back, or try to sell it to someone else. She unhitched the leather satchel from her shoulder and dug through it's contents, finally pulling free a small canvas bag that chimed with the metallic victory cry of a successful sale.

She spread thirty gold mizas across the counter, and pushed them forward. At the same time, she reached out to snatch the book from the young man's hands. If this book wasn't thirty mizas worth, she thought she might come back and give him what for.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby John Vicari on September 3rd, 2010, 3:12 am

PAIN

John was almost said she did not even try to get a lower price but just nodded his head as he took her coin with giving her the book.

"Here you go. Enjoy it."

He said as he knew the book would work just find for anyone who was looking to learn such a danger by reading. Magic was not the safest thing in the world but he did not her nor anything when it came to that topic.

He placed the coins in a safe place as she left as he went back to his book. A sell done and over with with a happy outcome.

OOC:

Please make a note of the sell and the book in your items now please. The book will teach you the basics of novice. If you have any questions please send me a pm and I will be more then happy to help you.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Seasonal XP Award!
Summer 510 AV

John Vicari
XP Award: Copying: 2 XP, Negotiation: 1 XP, Appraisal: 1 XP
Lore Award: Salesmanship, Dealing with Grumpy Old Men, Cataloging Books

Additional Note
Keep up the good work!

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 22nd, 2010, 8:57 am

Timestamp 32nd of Summer

Isilla slowly walked into the book shop, surveying her surroundings. There were books EVERYWHERE! The last time she had seen this many books were when she was kept a slave by that despicable wizard. She shivered as she reminisced over the unpleasant thoughts. She then walked up to the man at the counter.
"Hello.. My name's Isilla" she said politely. "I would like to look for a book on... she paused "How to use glyphing..." she then smiled her perfect smile, hoping that she hadn't startled him, she took out her comb and brushed her hair absentmindedly, waiting for the mans answer.
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on September 22nd, 2010, 12:54 pm

Sahsvin Isilla

John looked up from the counter as he smiled upon the young woman. He was unsure if he saw her around the city but paid it no mind as he heard her question. Glyphing books were meant to be used along side different forms of magic but he had a feeling she knew that or she would had asked about something else. He guessed this was one of the rare places one could talk openly of magic as he smiled at her.

"Hello Miss, yes we do have books of that nature in stock." He said as he stood up moving about the shop before pulling out rather thick leather tome, the letters were long faded as he wiped off some dust upon the cover placing it upon the counter letting the pages flip open. The pages themselves were in a fine condtion with the print very easy to read in common script.

"It will be 35 gold miza. The book talks about what Glyping is and what it is not, glyphs and sgils, building blocks of a sgil with paths and switches yet if you are learning it you could skip them until later, how to draw the glyphs and a few simple applications and step by step understanding. Wiht the book you won't need to learn any more just need to learn how to draw them better once you read it."

He said slowly to her as he recalled the book. It was not that hard for him since he did spend so much time in the store working about as he waited for her. If she played her cards right she might have gotton a bit more or even kept shopping and see what she could find.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 26th, 2010, 3:42 am

Isilla smiled back at the man. "35 Gold mizas? she said. She was expecting such a price but she wondered whether she could haggle for like a small discount. "Do you think I could have it at maybe 10 mizas less?" she asked, she was aiming for a five miza discount but she knew that overshooting might, allow her to get a better deal. She still didn't have a job, and she needed the money until she got a job. She glanced around the room, and then glanced back at the man, who seemed to be deep in thought now.. She thought of his previous speech and smiled, it seemed like in this book store, magic didn't seem to be a big deal. It was probably one of the few places that were safe to even talk about magic, besides in your mind...
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Character sheet

Postby John Vicari on September 26th, 2010, 6:04 am

Sahsvin Isilla

This would be fun he thought as she started to ask for the price change. He knew how to haggle and did enjoy it like his boss did. It was a trade mark he guessed as you had to understand the world of haggling.

"This book is in very fine work compared to others I could find you. This is not a book such as another area and have to buy more as you learn everything in this book and that is why the higher price. Yet if you want a lower price I am sure I could find you something that is in poorer care for 25 miza but I can't tell you for sure if you could learn everything right and you may or may not get a few things wrong but dealing with magic I am sure you know the risks of getting something wrong and what could take place if something did backfire."

He said as he gave her a smile letting her play this game of cat and mouse. She still had so many choices if she just let herself ponder and ask more. He was even willing to give her a book for less if she asked something yet he did not want to give her any hints. If she wanted to play the hagging game she would need to think outside the box and learn his own rules of the game.

Yet she was alone with him as he kept his smile upon her waiting for her turn to reply. His hands still upon the book in his hands as he did look forward to this game with her.
John Vicari
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 30th, 2010, 2:26 am

Isilla glared at the man, losing her cool for a split second then regained it. Then she went nearer to him and said "I'm not sure whether you understand my situation, but I'm slightly low on cash, what I'm trying to say is" she paused "I need this discount..So are you gonna make me pay this cutthroat price, or are you going to give it to me for a few mizas less?". She had lost her cool completely, her outburst probably shocked the man, she was sure no one would go to such desperate measures to save a few miza's, which was EXACTLY why she made it seem so desperate...

She then paced around, sighed and then walked forwards. Readying her purse, but she was going to first, listen to the mans reply. The man was toying with her, and she didn't want that, but if the man really didn't give her a better price, she'd be forced to pay the whole price, she needed that book!
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Character sheet

PreviousNext