Closed In for the Night[Safehaven Hostel]

Imass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

In for the Night[Safehaven Hostel]

Postby Gulle on January 14th, 2016, 4:46 pm

Talk about himself? That was a loaded question, so much of who he was was tied into Akajia, and so he took a second just pondering how best to speak. When he finally did answer he leaned back, placing his hands on the table as he relaxed and told his tale. "I'm Gulle a professional secret finder. People hide so many things from the world, and I go and find what that is. Usually not for money, just cause it's fun." He would wait a moment and study Imass's expression at that, just to make sure there wouldn't be another outburst before continuing.

"But before that, I was just a little Pycon in a Pyve near Zeltiva. Uhh, I really want to learn to fly so that's why I came here to the city of the gods. I figured if anyone knew how, it'd be a quartet of gods right?" Nodding as he spoke he fell silent after that, waving his hand forward and motioning for Imass to speak now, "What about you?"
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle
I swear I was just looking!

Words: 8994
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 14th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Imass wandered if Gulle had anything to hide, because the Pycon paused for a long while before responding. The blue-man decided he wouldn't assume anything though. His face remained calmed and he nodded as Gulle explained to him what he did.

"That is a most noble of professions, good-Pycon!" Imass exclaimed, "A dangerous profession I'd might add and I like that. It is a good thing to bring secrets to the light, even if one must travel deep into the darkness to obtain them,"

Imass shifted in his seat, nodding at the Pycon's words, "Ah... Zeltiva, alright ... well actually no. You have your work cut out for you, Gulle. It would take years for you to get any of these misbegotten Monks to help you with anything, especially if you need to see the gods. They hate our kind here Gulle, they dislike foreigners, especially non-humans like us, and even go as far as showing no quarter for those with valid and just reasons for sanctuary,"

The Akalak rambled a little bit, a little tipsy from the alcohol, "Like myself, I am a Veteran of the Sahova Campaign. I fought for the good and just and the ultimate the survival of life Mizahar. I was a prisoner of war for three long, godsforsaken years. I fought altruistically for the whole continent, but NO!" Imass' voice was mockingly entitled here, "They would not help me and threw me aside like the common rabble, despite my credentials. They show no love for me here, except for their duty-bound healers. I should have known though, Nyka sent no contribution for the war and sat safe in their walls, BAH!"
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 20th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Imass's words were a little more than distressing to him. He had already figured out that the monks were less than friendly towards outsiders but he had thought the secret would be easier to obtain then years and years of waiting. Perhaps he had chosen the wrong city to start his search in, after all it really was just starting seriously. He would have to put some serious thought into it, if this place didn't have the secret then he shouldn't spend too long here. He wasn't quiet sure what the Sahova Campaign was but it sounded important, and slightly familiar, and so this man probably used to be someone important. Perhaps even a general of some army!

Seeing how distraught the man was, Gulle pushed himself up and hopped off the table and onto the mans arm, flapping his wings a couple times in hope that this time it'd cause him to fly but no luck. Landing on Imass, if he wasn't stopped he'd proceed to climb the towering man and stop on his shoulder, reaching up to pat him on his head, "It's Ok Imass, I'll help you if you need it. You don't seem like common rabble to me, though I don't know your credentials yet." He hoped he was being comforting, it was hard to tell with bigger folks at times but he liked to think that he was good at cheering people up when he tried.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 23rd, 2016, 4:55 am

A smile came to the Knight's face when the Pycon jumped on his arm. Despite all his political ramblings the little clay-man was able to keep cheerful and the Knight felt this was a good quality. He also realized in that moment he was dwelling too much in the past, though it was hard not to. Closing his eyes, he recomposed himself.

Holding his forearm in front of his face, Imass talked to the cute little pycon eye-to-eye, "Aye, Gulle, maybe there is something you can help me with," The Akalak looked over both shoulders to make sure no one was listening, whispering as he did so, "My noble Pycon, if you are looking for work I have some for you. There is a blacksmith in the city whom has contracted me to retrieve some stolen plans for her. These plans are extremely imperative -- that's all you need to know right now -- and if she does not get them back soon, then bad things will happen to her. I mean to make this right. Problem is: I am too big and too loud to be sneaking around looking for clues. I can beat almost anyone up, but as far as trying to be subtle and sneaky, not my strong point. Maybe you can do the sneaky part for me? Don't worry, I'll be around to bash any skulls in, but I will be easily outed trying to get information and the sorts,"

Imass looked around again, still very suspicious of his surroundings, "You interested in the job Gulle?"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 23rd, 2016, 5:17 am

Perched upon Imass's arm, he tilted his head as he carefully listened to the words coming from the man. It was important when someone suddenly got secretive to listen not just to what they were saying, but to what they weren't. Often times what was omitted are more important than what was provided. The problem was, figuring out what exactly was being omitted.

The job sounded alright, a nice blacksmith had something quiet secretive stolen, a definite plus to the job. Chance to maybe figure out what the plans are, another plus. Get to sneak around and go into places, and have a big person be his bodyguard: plus and another. As he went over this in his head, he held up his hand and counted on his small fingers each plus, lowering one each time. Once he was finished counting out the pluses he kept his fingers lowered as they were, four fingers on two hands down.

The plans might be taken by the person who knows the secret of flight, and making him mad by taking it back might keep it from Gulle, one of the previously lowered fingers lifted. Staring at his hands, he eventually shook his head, smiling at the three fingers still lowered. Lowering his hands he would nod towards Imass, looking into his eyes, "I'm in as long as I'm allowed to keep any nice secrets we find that doesn't belong to the blacksmith!" That seemed fair to him, after all just leaving things laying around wasn't a very nice thing to do.

"Though, I suppose I should ask if there are any Gods I need to worry about being mad for me taking the plans back? I'd hate to make one mad while I'm here, if not I'm your pycon for the job!" At the end of his speech he'd raise an arm again, giving Imass a thumbs up to show his enthusiasm.
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Imass on January 23rd, 2016, 5:28 am

Imass watched in suspense as the Pycon took his time to think about the proposition. Narrowing his eyes, the Knight wondered what pros and cons Gulle was going through in his mind.

"Alas, noble Pycon," Imass sighed when he heard the response, "I cannot guarantee safety in any regard, not from the Gods at least. I specialize in dangerous and controversial endeavors. Though, the likelihood you finding some more secrets are highly likely," Garonn tried very hard to stop Imass' next words, but the light brother's honor was too hard to control, "You have my word that any other secrets you find are yours,"

Sticking out his blue, pinky finger Imass waited for Gulle to shake on it, "Deal?"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Gulle on January 23rd, 2016, 5:40 am

There it was again, Noble Pycon. Gulle love'd the sound of it, and putting a hand to his chin, he seriously considered using it as a title. Deciding it was just too nice sounding not to use, he opened his mouth and perked up his wings twitching slightly in excitement, "Sense you can't guarantee that we wont tick off the gods, I also require to be called Noble Pycon from now until a time in the future where it doesn't sound good anymore!" Finishing that he would reach out and take Imass's pinky, and shaking it quickly, "Deal!"
Avater Made by Nivel
Gulle

Character sheet

Postby Elias Caldera on February 8th, 2016, 11:54 pm

Behold, Your Just Rewards!

Gulle

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Observation +4
  • Stealth +1
  • Running +1
  • Larceny +1
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Socialization +3
  • Rhetoric +4
  • Negotiation +2

Lores
  • Yahal: God of Faith and Purity
  • Imass: The Big Blue Giant
  • Nykans: Jerks!

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • None

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Imass

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +3
  • Planning +1
  • Socialization +2
  • Rhetoric +1
  • Teaching +1
  • Philosophy +1
  • Storytelling +1
  • Negotiation +3

Lores
  • Pycons: Worthy of Respect
  • Gulle: The Professional Secret Finder

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • None

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Comments :
    And so begins our heroes' quests!

Don't Forget...

Now that your thread is graded, be sure to edit your grade request to reflect as much. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message and we'll work it out together.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous