Hunting lost prey (part 2)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Lo'campo on February 20th, 2016, 7:53 am

45th, Winter, 515 A.V Sunberth

He ran through the forest as fast as he could. How far was he behind? How did he even find him? The man ran with his lover through the forest, moving on pure instinct, unable to see anything further than an arms length. He heard a rustling in the bushes behind as a big black shadow emerged giving chase and closing the gap between the two. "Run faster!" he let out as he gasped for air. He pushed his legs harder. He didn't want to die, he didn't want to die, he didn't want to die.

The Akalak had to look twice when he had noticed the man fishing down by the docks. Blue eyes zoned in on the fellow, short scruffy hair, green eyes, and a weak looking chin. He pulled folded pieces of paper from his pocket, quickly shuffling through them until he had come across the one he was searching for. A chime passed as he stood there comparing the picture with the man that sat fishing. The two were nearly identical with the only thing apart was the picture having a chipped tooth. A slight feeling of frustration. How in the petch was he to find that out about a person? Looking up and down the street, he put his hood over his head as he crossed. He didn't need this person calling his face. All he needed to do was get the bastard to smile.

"Hey there, how are you doing?" Lo'campo spoke as he approached the man. The fisherman didn't answer, just looked to the Akalak giving a grunt and turning back to his fishing. A silent cringe. " I'm sorry to bother you, I'm new to the city and was just looking for someone to show me around." It was a lie, yes, but this was a bandit, and if he knew bandits like he thought he did then this one would take the bait. The man gave a sly smile. "Come on, take it." The thought loud enough to be heard outside his mind. He could feel the hairs on his knuckles prick, a feeling of ecstasy as his blood rushed and hardened his veins. He wanted to kill this man. To take hold of his scrawny neck, lift him up, and gut him like the fish he caught. But the Akalak stood strong, still, keeping the false expression upon his face as if he really did want to befriend the bastard.

The man looked the Akalak up and down once more before giving a grunt. "Alright, I can show you around, but there's a charge...ummm a touring fee ya know?" Lo'campo couldn't believe that the bastard was trying to con him. All more a reason to slay the bastard where he stood. No, he knew he needed to wait, play it smooth, let him think that he had the upper hand, and when the bastard let his guard down, then and only then will the Akalak drag him through hell. "That sounds right, I will pay you whatever the fee is after the tour is over. Agreed?" The man's eyes widened, mouth drooling with greed. Probably thinking about all the things that he would but with the coin he thought he would be getting. A movement of his hand signaled Lo'campo to follow.

The two walked for what seemed like half a bell, the man pointing out different buildings as they made their way through the city. He wasn't even giving a tour, they went nowhere near the quarter, now that Lo'campo realized it, they were actually leaving the city. The sky was beginning to darken, the sky changing it's cast from red and yellow to a subtle blue and purple as it fell below the horizon. "Where exactly are we going?" Lo'campo asked, the man shifting his eyes side to side as if he were looking for someone. "It's just the last stop of the tour, yeah, then we can get to the payment and other expenses and go along our merry way." Not wanting to blow his cover just yet, the Akalak kept quiet, continuing to follow the man to wherever he was taking him.

The sun and long retired from the sky and the moon took over its shift. They continued to walk, well beyond the city now entering the forest. It was dark. If not for his special vision, he would hardly be able to see anything in front of him. The hairs on his neck stood up, his hand resting on the hilt of his lakan ready for what ever was to come. His tour guide stopped in an area surrounded by forest brush. The sounds of the night sang it's songs with nature. "Alright, now that our tour is over, give me all your petching miza!" The man turned swiftly, a small knife pressed against Lo'campo's abdomen. At first he thought this was some kind of joke, that the man would put the bread cutter down and they would laugh about it, but the knife stood firm and the seriousness in the man's eyes locked. Lo'campo began to chuckle. This was very entertaining. "Do you think i'm playing around?" The man giving a quick slash, cutting the Akalak's robe and scratching the skin. "Now give me all you're miza and possessions!"
Last edited by Lo'campo on February 22nd, 2016, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Hunting lost pray (part 2)

Postby Lo'campo on February 20th, 2016, 10:04 am

He stood there for another chime, allowing the man to think about what he was doing before he would have to suffer the consequence of ruining his robe. He deemed it somewhat of a second chance, to which the man refused to take. "I do not wish to play this childish game anymore." Lo'campo whispered taking action before the con-artist could threaten him once more. A large blue hand wrapped it'self around the man's arm, forcing the knife to drop into the Akalak's free hand. It was light, flimsy, dull. A very bad weapon to use when trying to mug someone. Given the right amount of force though. A cry let out through the night as the small knife was driven through the man's arm. Releasing the wrist and grasping the neck, he looked the bandit in the eye. "Do you not remember me? A year ago you and a couple of other scum tried to kill me and rob the orphanage for food." A twist of the knife gained another cry of pain.

He removed his hood, his victims eye's filled with fear as he recalled the day. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that it was you, we were hungry, it was a harsh winter" The blue monster shushed the man, comforting him in his time of pain. "I understand that, you were hungry. Probably didn't have any food, I hear your case. But I really don't care. Honestly I went through all of this, the tour, listening to you blabber about nonsense, the sound of your annoying voice, all of this just to kill you. I have to give it to you though, you did pick a good spot to bury your mangled corpse." The bandit had a look of bewilderment and betrayal. Lo'campo enjoyed it. The look of all hope being lost, when his prey knew that this was the end for them. It was like a high that he got off on.

The con-artist opened his mouth, giving a loud whistle that threw the Akalak off for a bit. A rustling in the bushes revealed two men armed with swords charging for the blue giant. An ambush? Reinforcements? How long had they been following? Did this man suspect him from the beginning? It didn't matter, they would be another two added to the kill list. Releasing the man's throat, his hand was already on the hilt of his lakan. An extended arm blocked the over head strike, the lakan clashing with the blade of the sword. The second thug pressed on. His second hand reached up and back, recognizing the weight of the great-sword. Pulling up unsheathing the blade, he brought the weapon down, missing his target, but making the thug reconsider rushing in for a second attempt. Dealing with the swordsman that he clashed with, he took a sidestep, letting the man fall through with his attack. His hand switched grips on the sword. Strong muscles bulged throughout his arm as the blade was unevenly raised before being brought down into the man's neck. That was one, two to go.

A flash of disbelief and pure fear flickered upon the other's faces. The two men and woman stood there in the quietness of the night looking from predator to prey as if waiting for a signal. Air filled his lungs, a sigh of relief. "You guys just don't understand how this makes a man feel. It's as if a thousand burdens have been lifted off my shoulders, and now I am about to lift two thousand more." Eyes dashed from the decapitated swordsman to the blade wielding Akalak."Run, I like to hunt my victims. Makes it seem worth while. Hey, one of you might actually escape m-"

"I swear if you lay one finger upon my wife!"

Lo'campo's eyes lit up with excitement. "Wife? Oh this is going to be something special....Didn't I tell you to run?" Lo'campo drove his great-sword through the dead man's back, the sound of bones snapping as it pierced through into the ground, stuck straight up. The two broke out, kicking dust up from their heels. A murderous grin stretched across his face. Giving a stretch, he gave chase. The woman was fast, but her husband couldn't get far dragging his damaged arm with him. He couldn't let both of them escape, a plan would have to be formed. Targeting his original victim, he gave chase, closing the gap between the two. The man passed through a large cluster of bushes. He could only imagine the fear inside of the man as the large dark figure of Lo'campo emerged behind him. He heard the man shout to his wife to run faster. It had to give respect where respect was due. He was a true husband, sacrificing himself to save his wife. It was almost saddening knowing that it would all be in vain.

He was in arms reach now, his massive hand yanking on the bandits injured limb. A yelp in the name of pain, the man now clutching his arm upon the forest floor. The killer now standing over him panting for air. "Do it, kill me. I'm ready to pay for my deed." As much as Lo'campo wanted to end the man's life then and there, his wife still roamed the forest. Which meant that his work wasn't done. An extended hand reached out to the man who looked at it with distrust. "Don't you think if I was going to kill you, I would have done it by now?" He spoke, gaining enough of the man's trust to help him him. Good, now. A mind rocking elbow connected with the bandits jaw, turning his skin as blue as the Akalak's. He looked at him with bewilderment. Lo'campo liked messing with people's minds. He wanted to kill a person in every way possible, physically, mentally, emotionally, even spiritually if he was able to do it....a thought.

A twirl of his lakan cut the torso garment from the man, to which it was used to bound him to a tree. "Now that you're secure, how about a little wager?" His words gained him a look of anger and confusion. "How about we play a game! I know that you're close! I mean what wife would leave her husband! How about a little bet! I'll putt my lakan down, and removed the top half of my robe! You can come at me with any weapon that you choose! If you win, you and your husband can walk away never to see me again. But, if you loose, well then that's another story isn't it." Being a man of his word, he placed his lakan into the man's thigh before removing the top of this robe. "Don't do it! Run! Escape and leave me be! "Would you really expect a wife to leave her husband to the mercy of a killer when she is well and able bodied to fight for him?" Lo'campo questioned putting emotion into his voice. "I mean, if you think that you can't strike down an unarmed man then be my guest and retreat, but just know that you gave up on the one that you loved!"

There was a rustle int he bushes. A grin matched the horrified look upon the bandits face. His wife emerged, unarmed as well, eyes of determination glancing from her husband to the Akalak. "So you wish to make this a fist fight then?" The woman stayed silent as she approached the blue giant, passing her wounded and bleeding husband who held back tears. Lo'campo stood speaking no words, making no movements. The two stood looking at each other as the man pleaded for her to turn and retreat. "We both know that I cannot best you in battle Akalak, so I have another proposition for you." Her husband let out a whimper to which she gave him a look that told him to keep quiet. A tilt of his head, Lo'campo now intrigued, curious as to what this so called "proposition" would be. "I'm listening."

The woman took a step back untying her hair, long brown waves falling down past her shoulders. "It is clear to me that my husband committed a deed of wrongness towards you, and I understand your anger. But as if wife, you must know that I cannot run and let him die. An eye for an eye, a body for a body." Her arms went behind her back, Lo'campo tensed, ready for a crossbow or throwing knifes to emerge. "I offer myself onto you for my husbands freedom and pay for his crime onto you." Those words being said, she dropped her clothing. Both he and her husband caught off guard. Lo'campo looked to her husband who once again pleaded only to be shot down once again. Keeping quiet Lo'campo approached her. Looking her up and down, she had nice skin, smooth, she flinched as he touched her shoulder. It was soft to the touch. He could see why her husband loved her so much. The Akalak stood behind her, getting a whiff of her hair which smelled of berries. He looked to the man who's eyes filled with worry and distress. A hand brushed across her neck as he leaned in his body pressed against her back, his lips close to her ear as he whispered. "I don't give a damn."

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Lo'campo on February 22nd, 2016, 7:44 am

Eyes bulged from her soft face as the massive blue arm constricted her air flow. She kicked, struggling to pull herself free, fighting for air to fill her lungs with. He knew that it would be over before it's time. She was panicking, meaning that she was exerting the air from her body quicker than if she would have stayed calm. The warmth of her tears trickled down the side of his arm. Her skin soft, firm, clean, or clean enough for Sunberth's standards. It was a shame. She probably came from a wealthy family or somewhere with high respect before she met this excuse for a husband and gotten herself mixed up in a world of trouble.

Her body started to convulse. She was running out of air. Her lungs were being drained of all the air that they had remaining. Eyes watering, nose flaring, searching for oxygen, something to breath in so her life would be sparred. Her head tilted toward her husband who's shouting and calling for her name were probably nothing but drowning murmurs. She knew that he was there though. She acknowledged that with the bloodshot red stare that gazed upon him. Was she pleading for him to break from his restraints to save her? To call out and put his life on the line for her as she did him.

She could have been cursing him for putting her in this situation, for dragging her to this hellish city known as Sunberth and making the choices that would eventually end up having her being choked to death nude by a half naked handsome giant blue man. The woman could have been saying a mouthful of things, but no one would ever know. Her body shook less, her hands beginning to slip from his arms, her body limp. Arms to the side, tongue sticking out, eye bloody red and bulging ready to pop from their sockets. She left the world with a heavy wheeze, her chest rising and falling for one last time, a final tear rolling down her cheek.

He held his arm around her neck for a few ticks to assure that she had passed before letting her fall to the ground. There she lay, naked upon the cold floor now one with nature. Gathering her clothes, he turned her body side to side, dressing her so she would not be exposed if anyone would ever come across her body. Crossing her arms and forcing her eyes shut, laying her flat upon her back as if she were sleeping. "Now would you look at that? She's resting. Waiting for you to join her. You ready?" Lo'campo turned to the bandit still bound to the tree. Tears fell from his face, some for his wife, others for himself. Approaching the man, he yanked the lakan from the flesh leaving a gaping hole.

Cracking his knuckles, the Akalak began his work ignoring the cries for help. The tip of his lakan poked at the fleshy chest of the bandit as he decided what he wanted to do first. His eyes looked up and down the body of his victim before locking onto his hair. "Your hair is pretty wild, how about I help you with a little off the top?" Twiddling with the blades hilt between his fingers, a hand gripped the hair of the bandit who now was hyperventilating, trying to ready himself for what was to come. "There's no point in trying to prepare for this, it's going to be very painful for you." Lo'campo gave words for comfort. A quick lick of his lips, he raised the blade to the man's scalp, estimating how short he should start to make sure he got the whole head.

Blood began to run down the daggers edge. The first cut had been made, deep. He didn't want to put too much force into it or he would pierce the skull and kill the man, so he moved slow and carefully. The bandit winced in pain from the incision, fueling the Akalak's confidence. He had made contact with the bone behind the forehead, good, now it was time for the rest of it. Twisting his hand so he could bring the blade in a curved motion, he carefully cut away at the flesh, releasing more blood to feed the earth. He was now deaf to the screams of agony from his unfortunate patient.

Bloodied locks lay loosely over what used to be a forehead. fleshy skin open enough where the Akalak could get his finger under. Now for the fun part. Standing behind the bandit, he took hold of his hair, digging his fingers under the slit he had created. "Please, no. I apologize. I will give you anything you want. I-"

"Oh please. You sound like everyone else. "I'll give you anything you want, money, my home, my possessions. You're wife tried to give me her body. I don't care for those things. You know what I want? I want to here you scream. I want to hear you cry. I want to hear every little sound your body can make as I rip you limb from limb. I want to hear the very last breath leave what ever is left of your dead, bloodied, rotting corpse. Now, with that being said."

Finding his grip, he pulled back. It was tough at first, he should have cut upward more to loosen more skin, but the more he pulled the easier it got. Screams of pain filled the air. He didn't worry for the noise. They were well our far enough for no one to hear them, and if someone did, they would take it as someone being attacked by a bear. No one would come to investigate, no one would come to help. It as the middle of the night, everyone was either sleeping or drunk. He had made it halfway across the head. He was impressed that the bandit was still alive let alone conscious. That was good. He wanted the bastard to experience as much as he could of this.

Another yank and pull got him to the back of the head. A nip of the skin connected to the neck freed the piece of flesh leaving nothing but pinkish exposed skull. He held the piece of flesh outward as if inspecting it for any flaws. To him it resembled a bloody wig. He turned to show the bandit who was now unconscious barely breathing, but alive. Pity. Giving a quick jab of the blade into the man's fleshy side, the bandit became alert to the sharp pain. Tears began to flow again.

"Don't worry, it will be over soon." He promised the man. Fetching a well sized rock from the ground, he brought the stone upward and against the bandit's head, repeatedly beating the side of the man's face, bashing the rock against the man with great forced. cracking the skull, exposing the what lay underneath. Blood and gray matter splatter and lay across the Akalak and ground. The face now unrecognizable, body giving short spasms, brain activity cut off resulting in seizures before death.

Inhale, exhale. A deep breath of relief filled his lungs. He felt stress and worry free. Elevated. Using his hands he started to dig into the earth. He would have to dig a hole deep enough for three bodies. Petch he wished there was a shovel, it would've made things quicker, but he didn't expect to have to kill three people at one time, so he would make due with what he had. His fingernails called for a bath, filled with dirt and what ever else he'd uncovered from digging. Bells passed by filled with silence as he burrowed deeper into the earth.

His thoughts wandered places. It had dawned upon him that someone would miss these people, worry for their well being. Wondering if something terrible had happened to them, their minds putting them in a state of denial before they finally came to the fact that their loved ones were probably dead. The thought that one day, even now there may be a child who seeks to avenge a life, claimed by his own hands. That didn't bother him either. When the day came, he would address them just as he addressed those that they were fighting for. He had dug a far ways down before he snapped back from his thoughts. Climbing from the grave, he dumped the husband, his scalp and wife into the hole before fetching his sword and third victim to join the two.

It was easier to fill the hole than it was to dig it, patting the dirt to make it hard so no one would fall into it when passing by. Placing small boulders atop of the grave, he was filled with a bit of humor as he etched two holes and a curved line across the ground forming the shape of a smiley face. Satisfied with his artwork, and relieved of stress, he made his way to the beach where he would wash up and go home.

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Konrad Venger on March 28th, 2016, 4:29 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Lo'campo

XP:
Observation - 3
Subterfuge - 1
Unarmed Combat - 2
Intimidation - 2
Lakan - 2
Running - 1
Great Sword - 2
Torture - 3

Lore:
Acting the Tourist
Disarming a Man Quickly
Lakan: Blocking a Blow
A True Husband Sacrifices Himself for His Wife
A Cruel Wager
The Sights of Strangulation
Torture: Taking a Man Apart

Additional:
* 3-inch cut across stomach; minor wound but needs to be cleaned and treated or it may turn gangrenous; will heal within 10 days

Click Me! :
Wow... I am impressed! A very nice little tale. Truly sadistic, going beyond simply revenge. You really earned the torture marks, not just physically but psychologically. That wager? Wow... gave me chills, dude, as did the whole menagerie of sounds and sights when you were strangling the poor woman. Lo and his "brother" are CLEARLY not the disciplined and noble Akalaks I'm used to dealing with...

Couple of things, though:

When it comes to sequels/additional threads relating to a plot, PLEASE include a link to the original/previous ones so the Grader can go back and get some broader context.

Using a lakan AND the greatsword (any two weapons, in fact) at the same time requires you to have at least 30XP in BOTH, not just one. Also, I know you're a hulking great Akalak, but that doesn't mean you'd be able to use a six-foot-long Great Sword with such ease. Don't make it too easy on yourself, either: any real Sunberth ganger wouldn't have wasted time THREATENING or just CUTTING an Akalak. They'd just have cut you apart en masse and looted the body.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4