[Antinous Training Grounds] Proper Technique. (Garland)

Ser Greyheart arrangeds anotehr training session for Alex. With fruitful results.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 22nd, 2016, 1:24 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Watching Garland try to pull the bow was interesting. He couldn’t help but watch him strain a little as he tried the string. Drawing that thing took a lot of strength which is why Alex had to learn the proper technique to circumvent the strength needed to draw it.
“As for empting the quiver I think I’ll join you there so you can get another glance at how I fire. And you might improve a little faster.” He smiled fully now not being mean. He lifted his bow watching the arrow fly down range from garland and embed itself in the target. He was improving and as the wind began to die down into a lull Alex drew his bow back lining a shot with a quarter draw. Alex loosed the arrow following Garlands shot in the slow lull of the wind the arrow slightly north of the bullseye this time. Almost like he was drawing a box with his arrows. And then garland spoke again the reason he was late. He was a father…an arrow residing in his hand at the time of hearing this just snapped in half from the force of his grip.

Upon hearing his reaction over his children Alex felt a little odd for the outburst of anger. “I’m sure you’re a good father to them and I’d love to hear a little more.” He smiled lightly before realizing that he’d almost missed a question. “Oh and my preferred style of sword is the bastard sword or the great-sword. The larger blades seem to sit better in my hands.” He drew another arrow from his quiver watching garland plant his arrow a touch closer to the bullseye again. Alex loosed another arrow following it in fact boxing in the bullseye now.

“As far as a patrol. I’ve no complains on joining you on one. It’d be nice to get to see if I can put my non-combat based skills to better use. And I’ll make you a small bet garland. I’ll bet you I’m not as good with a sword as I am with a bow.” He smirked a little a hollow smile one bereft of any feeling of prowess.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on January 22nd, 2016, 5:43 pm

When he heard the loud 'snap' he jumped a bit, making his arrow fly way above the intended target. He turned around to face Alex with a small confused look.

"You alright there?" He asked and picked up another arrow from his quiver. Garland thought he might have just pulled a bit too much and accidentally broke his arrow. "Should we take a break after we're done here?"

He fired another arrow at the target, he wasn't actually aiming anymore, he was too focused on Alex's sudden, though subtle outburst. He didn't really notice it, but his arrow had hit the bullseye as well.

He sat the bow on the ground and flexed his fingers a bit, it was getting a bit cold just standing around, shooting at stationary targets. Not to mention he was out of arrows too.

Garland stretched his stiff body, he bent from side to side, hearing his joints pop felt just as good as feeling them pop. "Ahhhh! That feels good. It's getting pretty cold. We should warm up near a brazier before we start with the swords."

He smiled and drew his Bastard sword. It was kept in good condition most of the time, but with his kids taking priority, he hasn't had much time to polish his weapon. Still it still shone under the light of Syna grace.

"I've had this thing since as far as I can remember, and even longer. They say I was brought in the orphanage with the sword. I can't tell you how many times the bullies there tried to take it from me. I didn't fight much back then, I usually preferred to talk it through when I was younger."

He sheathed his sword and walked over to a lit brazier and started warming his hands. "Though I did have a talent for beating the snot out of people!"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 22nd, 2016, 7:54 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Another shot from garland and he’d managed to do it he hit then bulls…And he wasn’t even paying attention. Alex couldn’t help but laugh a little at that he’d pulled off a perfect shot and wasn’t even paying attention. Granted Alex was just toying with testing the winds, but still he could see that garland had gotten better. “Y’know you hit the bulls eye. But it’s not enough to hit it on your…eighth try? Every shot’s gotta count from your first to your last.” He smiled a little taking a moment to breathe with the wind as Garland headed away from the shooting range to the brazier. Alex let his body sway with the winds before quickly drawing and firing the arrow soared down range and skidded into the bulls eye just off side of garlands near perfect shot. Only then did he feel the biting cold eating at him as he slung his bow over his shoulder and stepped up to the fire bathing in the warm glow.

As Garland began to speak again he was right tye should warm up a little before drawing swords but still Alex couldn’t shake the feeling that he’d have to fight at some point in the sheer cold. “So you were in the orphanage in syliras?” Alex couldn’t help but notice that point and the fact that he’d brought up his own sword after drawing it. The image of a hissing snake head at the hilt of the blade where the pommel sat. Alex’s own sword wasn’t as fancily decorated but it was his. He drew his own blade alongside Garland. “I got this recently It was a gift to myself for joining up with the knights. It’s a little plain but it’s my pledge that as long as I hold this sword I’ll never waiver in my duty or my conviction.” Alex smirked a little and noted that might comment.

“Perhaps garland that’s why we were asked to train together. You’re good with the close and I’m…passable with the ranged.” He smiled lightly slipping his shield from his back and buckling it to his forearm. “After you then Garland.”
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Alexander

XP:
Socialization - 2
Longbow - 3
Observation - 3
Teaching - 2

Lore:
Squire Garland: Short, Squat, Scary-Skilled
Teaching: If you Know It, you can Teach it.
Longbow: Steady Draw, Steady Arm
Socialization: Friendly Wagers

Garland

XP:
Observation - 4
Socialization - 4
Shortbow - 3

Lore:
Squire Faircroft: Familiar Partner
The Drawbacks to Focusing on Melee Combat
Watching your Instructor Carefully

Shared Lore:
Pyrcons: Pint-Sized Powerhouses
Proper Shooting Stance
Waiting for a Lull in the Wind
Longbow vs. Crossbow

Additional:
+3 Shield Points each for training with another squire

Click Me! :
Oooooooh, and we cut off JUST before the blades come out! Somehow shooting sharp sticks doesn't have the same oompf... but still! Good job, guys. I liked how you were both honest with your strengths and weaknesses, but Alex, COMPETENT doesn't mean you get bullseyes of even CLOSEeyes (meh, it's probably a thing) with that kinda regularity. Bear that in mind. ;-)

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4