Closed [Antinous Training Grounds] Proper Technique. (Alex) pt.2

Garland and Alex train with swords.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Proper Technique. (Alex) pt.2

Postby Garland on January 26th, 2016, 11:23 am

Of course the same trick wouldn't have worked on Alex, it would even be a stretch to say it would work on anybody else.

Alex absorbed knowledge and information at an alarming rate, he wouldn't fall for the same trick twice. Garland saw Alex aim to attack him, but his blade had been pointed too low to be effective in combat. He simply hopped over the blade as it when passed under him.

It was a fatal mistake to use that greatsword, as effective as it may be in the right hands, it seemed to Garland that Alex had barely even used the blade before now, he needed to build up his upper body strength and get use to the sheer weight and power of the sword before even trying it in battle.

He should have kept his shield and grabbed his bastard sword instead of using his greatsword. Though admittedly, he did fend off Garland for an impressively long time with a weapon he had no training with.

It looked like it was over. Garland bashed his shoulder on Alex and sent him down to the ground next to the bushes. Maybe Garland shoved him a bit too hard again.

He was about to finish the spar by placing the blade next to Alex's neck, but he was interrupted by a surprised gasp and a bit of rustling in the bushes.

Garland pulled Alex up and watched cautiously what would appear in the bushes, probably a lost tourist or kelvic that wondered into the training ground for who knows what reason.

After a few ticks, Sera Catherine appeared from the bushes, red-faced and her usually well-kept hair was in a disheveled mess. She looked like she had gotten into a fight but Garland couldn't see any bruises or injuries.

There was one other thing off about this. She was wearing her armor on backwards. "Ahem! Ser Greyheart! I told you to never surprise me like that again! Seriously suddenly pushing me into the bushes, what are you? Twelve?"

She grumbled and looked at where she appeared from. Play along, you idiot... She thought a bit sternly.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 26th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex’s swing wasn’t quite on point. As much as he thought he’d gotten a better handle on the blade it was clear he still didn’t quite have the level of expertise needed to wield it properly. Garland simply on one leg and unbalanced even leapt over the blade. Wrong weapon at the wrong time. Though as he finished the strike Garland landed and with a sharp shunt pressed his shoulder into Alex’s back and sent him clattering to the ground. With a loud grunt Alex coughed lightly and felt hiss word clatter away again. Just as Garland was about to land the killing strike though, or rather get into position for it something dragged both their attentions away. Offering his hand to alex He took it and lifted himself back up and with a bit of self-guidance slipped his sword back into its sheath again. As he stepped over to pick up his shield and bastard sword he heard a voice unfamiliar to him and female call out his patron’s name.

Strapping his shield to his forearm again and re-sheathing the bastard-sword he looked over to see Ser Greyheart emerging from the trees.
“Sera Catherine. I’ll have you know that I didn’t simply push you into the trees I scared you and you leapt into the trees for safety.” Alex looked at his patron with a glance of confusion and incredulity. What on mizahar was he doing? Alex stepped over next to garland with his arms crossed. His shield out and semi guarding him from what he was seeing. Greyheart's usually straight slicked back hair was a little tussled and the straps on the right side of his breastplate were undone.
“Ser. I thought you had a meeting with the members of your wing this morning?” Alex spoke with a Sharp relief to the edge of his usually soft tone. “Mind if I ask what happened?”
Greyheart straightened up a little and ran his fingers through his hair. “Sera Catherine here is one of the members of my wing. I was having a discussion with her and decided to play a prank. Which went exceptionally well.” Alex looked at him with an incredulous eye. He knew this was a blatant and obvious lie but still decided to roll with it.

“Pleasure to meet you then Sera Catherine. Just so you know your breast plate is on backwards. And ser Greyheart your chest plates right belts are undone under your arm.” A distinctly knowing look across Alex's face. Many things Greyheart could do. But Fool alex was not amongst them. Image
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on January 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Garland just gave a curious look, he raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms. His expression just screamed 'Do tell'.

Catherine simply groaned and shoved Garland as she walked pass. "Shut up, I wasn't the one that petched a sverfa girl and ended up with twins." She said and looked at how tired the two of them looked.

"Low blow, Sera." Garland muttered and wondered how she even made a huge mistake like putting her armor on backwards. "It seemed to me that you had a little spar of your own, Sera." Garland smiled and looked over to Ser Greyheart.

"Ser!" He saluted by placing his right fist on the left side of his chest. "It is a pleasure to meet you. You've trained Alex very well." He complimented with sincerity, and a bit of envy.

Garland didn't want to toot his own horn, but he fancied himself a competent swordsman, and a good fighter. Alex had surpassed his expectations and even made him wonder if Alex was meant for something more than just being a knight

A good knight's place is on the battlefield. A great knight's place is leading them Garland wouldn't be surprised if Alex rose up the ranks at an alarming rate. Though he would be a bit annoyed if he somehow surpassed him.

Sera Catherine smiled softly, but it was quickly replaced with her usual sarcastic frown. "I was going to ask you two if you wanted to spar with me and Ser Greyheart, but maybe some other time, you two look tired. By the way, don't you have a patrol for today, Garland?"

"Right! Alex, do you want to come along. I just need to make a quick stop in the dormitories before I head out." He saluted again to Ser Greyheart.

"Don't bother saluting, Alex. I don't like salutes." She said and looked over to Ser Greyheart. "Come on, I need a bit of help with my armor." She gave a subtle wink and walked off.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 27th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Seems that Sera Catherine took a cheap shot at Garland. Going straight for the jugular as it were. Alex was kind of thankful even more so now that he’d met Ser Greyheart and it was him who convinced him to join the knights. Still seeing the two of them together was a little odd. Like chalk and cheese. Boisterous and loud on Sera Catherine’s behalf and calculating and reserved on Ser Greyheart’s. It was an interesting thing to see between them. Then a single thing cut across the air and stuck within Alex’s ears. Garland had given him an indirect compliment. Alex didn’t say much seeing Ser Greyheart simply reach up to slip the belt back through.

“Thing is, I haven’t given him much training, and he's only been a squire for about two thirds of a season. I’ve only taught him the basics of how to use a sword in that time, but thank you for the commendation anyway. And don’t worry about the salutes. I don’t make anyone salute feels wrong. Makes me seem above them. And as I’ve tried to teach Alex here. All people are of equal, just not equally skilled.” A small smirk crossed Greyhearts face as he nodded at Alex. The words of Sera Catherine sort of gave away the fact that it wasn’t Alex and Garland who were tired but in fact her and Ser Sebastian. The obvious overlooked she wasn’t exactly being subtle and Ser Greyheart simply sighed softly with a dry and wry smile on his face. “Alex, chip in with Garland on this patrol, consider it your duties from me for the rest of the day.” A small nod and he headed off behind her fully intending to help her “out” with her armour.

Alex sighed softly under his breath waiting till the pair of them were out of earshot. “Well…Sera Catherine isn’t exactly subtle. Is she?” Rolling his arm lightly he could still feel the impact from Garland’s strikes pulsating with pain. “As for the patrol I’m more than willing to go with you even if Ser Greyheart hadn’t suggested it.” Coughing slightly he smiled again the two silver teeth of his flashing lightly in the light of syna. “You’re a good swordsman, kind of amazed I lasted as long as I did. To be honest. I would have said something to Sera Catherine but I doubt she would have paied attention.” A small sigh of realization of reality escaped him.

Standing to a full height now and leaning over a little a set of three loud snaps escaped his spine. “Remind me to dodge your sword nest time…I can still hear my ears ringing.”
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Garland

XP:
Observation - 3
Sword, Bastard - 1
Shield - 3
Teaching - 1
Unarmed Combat - 2
Acrobatics - 2
Tactics - 2
Endurance - 1

Lore:
Alexander: Fast, Even in Armor
Attacking from The Ground
Alexander: A Capable, Adaptable Opponent
Shield as a Projectile, Not Just Defense

Alexander

XP:
Sword, Bastard - 2
Sword, Great - 2
Shield - 2
Tactics - 2
Acrobatics - 1
Endurance - 1
Brawling - 1
Observation - 3

Lore:
Fighting Stance: Shield Up, Blade Resting On Top
Tactics: Always a Gamble
Garland: Cunning Sparring Partner
Greatsword: Big, Powerful, But Slow and Hard to Control
Brawling: Nothing Fancy, Just Brute Force

Shared Lore:
Tactics: Patience and a Cool Head
Rolling Away from Trouble
Greyheart and Catherine: Sittin' In A Bush...

Additional:
+5 Shield Points for training with another Squire

Click Me! :
HA! Well, I did NOT see that ending coming! Although wow, Catherine, low BLOW, sister! Just flat out mean to a brother...

I liked this, all of it, and the only thing that let you down were occasional spelling and grammar mistakes during the fight. You HAVE to be careful with those, guys. For important and detailed events like spars, you have to proofread and make sure everything is in place, or it can fall apart. But like I said, you did a great job, both of you. Kudos to Alex for switching weapon MID-SPAR and managing to survive, and to Garland for going Captain America with his shield. :D

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4