Selling Items?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Selling Items?

Postby Savacea Jovellana on March 29th, 2016, 6:19 am

Selling Items

So... I bought a Crossbow and Bolts, RPed with it the best I could and realized I have no intelligence with this weapon whatsoever. Not only that but it does not match my character like I thought it would, it was hard for both of us! So I was wondering, can you sell the items at a shop? If so is it like 1/2 of what you paid or something?

Also, while I have your attention... I am straightening out Wages/Expenses right now, and was in Black Rock during that time. Now I notice that many places are closed and I was wondering where could a Poisoncrafting Symenestra go :retard: ? Poison and then the Race Symenestra doesn't seem to be liked in many places, so not sure where would be the best fit for her . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :embarrassed:

Common | Symenos | Thoughts
[center]
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Selling Items?

Postby Gossamer on March 29th, 2016, 3:26 pm

As long as they are in good shape, you can sell them back to a weapons' shop for full price. We only restrict selling items on things you MAKE that are magical such as magecrafted items etc. Mundane items you can buy and sell as you need them.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Selling Items?

Postby Shimoje on March 29th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Gadgeteer?

Speaking of. I have plans with Shimoje which will involve the making of various items and selling them. If this is to happen would I just RP it as saying "X" item was sold, and the grader rewards me with however much it is deemed worth? Because I assure you a lot of the items he would make would be ... experiments or gadgets.

Speech Thoughts

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Selling Items?

Postby Sayana on March 29th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Hey Shimoje,

If being a gadgeteer is your main job, then as long as you do two job threads per season (in which your PC is doing their job), then you would get the scientist/gadgeteering income as listed in the pricelist (income). You would have to apply for the job via your ST, but I'm sure that someone can point you in the right direction if you can't find the lore about how to do jobs and job threads. And when it is your job, you just get the seasonal wages for your threads, not individual sales in addition to it.

If it's just a one off sale and it's not your main job, then I'm sure a grader could award you something appropriate. In the gadgeteering lore, it lists approximate price ranges depending on your skill level (listed at the bottom of the page with the skill breakdowns).

Alternatively, if you really love the business aspect and want to be specific about your creations and how you're running a successful business, you might want to look into creating your own business plan. In the business plan forum is where you can see examples of what people have done, templates, what is expected, and ultimately this is where you would put you business plan. This route is similar to the 'job' method, but you get to take the time to really look at it from a business/investment perspective and add a snazzy 20% sales bonus to your earnings if it is well thought out.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Selling Items?

Postby Savacea Jovellana on March 30th, 2016, 9:27 am

Thank you for the help with the items thing!
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes