Aventis/Atticus - The Non-Sequitorial

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Aventis - The Non-Sequitorial

Postby Anthere on January 24th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Whoooo! Go Aventis!
Anthere
Player

Words: 22788
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Atticus Leslie on April 2nd, 2016, 12:25 am

Hey guys! So for those who don't know there are some things I should probably explain.

1. Yes, I am back. Woohoo! All the academics have been a rush, but I've entered a lull with my student thesis and essentially passed up the opportunity previously described for a new opportunity that will most likely lead to a full ride to Yale. (Woohoo!) But more on that later.

2. Hey this is Atticus my new main in Lhavit. He's going to be my PC for a while. Aventis still lives, but I've figured that he takes a lot of maintenance. He was an overwhelming PC and I couldn't handle my life with Aventis' life, and I had noticed the second I took even a bit of a small break with him and focused on life I immediately found success. Not to say he's not coming back, but Atticus assofar has served me well with doing my best in RL and being able to commit to Miz. It's a happy balance and honestly I think I enjoy playing him more.

3. I gotta rant. Real quick. Which'll be done in a separate post below. <3 you guys
Boxcode by Verena
Faceclaim credit to Bee. Love her.

For my friends and thread partners: An explanation
Atticus Leslie
It's a boy's name!

Words: 60564
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2015, 11:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Atticus Leslie on April 2nd, 2016, 12:53 am

This is a rant about April Fools day and what I think is chill and what isn't. If you wanna skip this I in no way blame you but it's something I need to screech at the top of my lungs about cause it happened like three times today.

So first a little context. I haven't been completely honest with you all about why I left cause honestly I hate talking about this and, going through my scrap, it's largely negative and I didn't wanna bring it down further. But now that the majority is over I think it's wise that I come clean. I wasn't only leaving cause of the college thing, though that was indeed a large part. I left because of that, and because I had recently been diagnosed with cancer.

Yeah yeah I'll spare you the boring "whoopdy doo" details, all you have to know is that it was really. fucking. scary. and I wanted to do everything I could as fast as I could cause, with what I had (have, kinda), I shouldn't be alive right now. That's why when I typed out that message on my scrap, I began with "I never thought I was going to have to say this" or something along that sort. I won't scare you with statistics, but I can tell you chances of me being okay like I am now were below an estimated 10%.

I am a living, breathing miracle.

That being said, I've noticed some stuff as well. Namely, cancer jokes. And I'm not saying "herpy derp all cancer jokes are bad don't do a the cancer joke" I'm just saying sometimes it's not chill. As an example today three times did I hear the apparently classic April Fool's line "oh and also I found out I have cancer yesterday"

Aight a few things with that

1. The obvious just whatthefuck that everyone immediately reacts with
2. Not even funny. Just... A bad joke.
3. Okay here's where I rant

Let me spell it out real easy for some who might be confused as to why this is a concern.

I T I S N O T C O O L T O F U C K W I T H P E O P L E W H O C A R E L I K E T H A T.

It's not.

At all.

And sometimes, and I try not to let this surface as to not be a spoilsport but it's hard to ignore, it just seems a little... Insensitive. I understand that under normal circumstances a lot of people wouldn't care and under normal circumstances it simply wouldn't matter but now that I've seen what it does to individuals, particularly what it does to people who love you, I've learned that worrying people who care about your safety, your life and everything you are on purpose? Not. Cool.

Here's what I've learned about cancer, folks. The worst part for me wasn't the "ever present reminder of mortality" or whatever, it's what I did to my family, my loved ones, my friends. As an example of the toll this takes, on a particularly difficult evening I had searched "how to deal with cancer." Know what I got? I didn't get ways to be okay or words of encouragement. I didn't get coping methods. What I got were only sites and videos that were speaking to families and caretakers about dealing with cancer patients. I got ways for the family to cope, how to be okay with this uncontrollable disease I had. For just a moment, I thought "Why? Why would people focus on them? Don't I have the harder part?"

Then I realized.

Maybe I don't.

I don't have to deal with the hole I make. I don't have to deal with loss of anything but myself. I don't have to take care of a dying son, brother, friend. I just get to be the subject. I get to be the subject of everyone's issues until I leave, and even then afterwards.

I then grew a new appreciation for these people. It makes my heart swell. I love them all. I will never in my life forget that feeling.

That being said, don't play with other people's love. Even as a joke. It's not something to take for granted. I've seen the pain they experience when they know it's real. I've seen the trouble.

Don't.
Fuck.
With.
People.
Who.
Care.
Like.
That.

Please. Please don't make them hurt.
Boxcode by Verena

Atticus Leslie
It's a boy's name!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Atticus Leslie on April 13th, 2016, 12:44 am

Cancer has returned. I'll be around only to reply to existing threads and maybe in chat to personally apologize and say goodbye to friends. If I beat cancer a second time, I'll be back. If not, I love you all.

Happy writing.

Edit: Please love your loved ones. I know this might not apply to all of you but... It might apply to somebody. Love your loved ones. Please.

Don't stop stargazing,

-Dylan
Last edited by Atticus Leslie on April 13th, 2016, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atticus Leslie
It's a boy's name!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Adyel on April 13th, 2016, 12:52 am

Atti! Don't leave us man, your fun to have around! Please get better soon, as Walt Disney said. "Keep Moving Forward." :)

LolWhoops I thought I was using Ferrin. But, still get better soon!
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eosi on April 13th, 2016, 12:59 am

Oh my god..... Atticus. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Astator on April 13th, 2016, 1:21 am

=( -hugs the awesome Atti-
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Ixzo on April 13th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Oh no, Atti! D: Seemingly blessed (by your brain :P) and now cursed, that is such a horrible thing to go through. I really do hope you beat it again, becuase you don't deserve to suffer. D: You still have to take us to mars! Awww, I'm so sorry, I'd give you a hug if I could! <3
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous