Closed Aught you not be behaving so wildy?

Hwyn meets a scientist

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Aught you not be behaving so wildy?

Postby Hwyn on April 13th, 2016, 10:02 pm

Timestamp:Night of 37th Spring 516 A.V.

He had been in Syliras for what had to be approaching a full season. As such Hwyn was finally getting used to the grim realities of a city where law lay supreme, one either fell in line, or fell out of it and that usually implied an unpleasant fate. Hwyn had found that with spring the warmer air and balmy evenings had made living in the city slightly more pleasant if not nice. With the warm weather Hwyn's fears of freezing where replace with thoughts of morose loneliness. Aside from the occasional side job or run in with a kindly stranger Hwyn had managed to stay anonymous within the city so full of upturned faces and holier than thou attitudes. He had begun seeking work as a courier but had yet to earn any coin yet pursuing the trade, that didn't however stop his stomach from complaining whenever it grew anxious for sustenance. The day was just coming to a close and it was all too likely that if he didn't act soon any shops or stalls that were open would no longer be. He needed to get prepared to make a move if he was going to get a meal for his favored five finger discount.

Staring into his mirror Hwyn pulled a fake smile. If he hadn't been told so often by "mother" that he wasn't he'd almost swear himself pretty. As it was the best he could ever be was a pale imitation of beauty. Shrugging off the dark thoughts Hwyn grimaced. He'd show her, one way or another. So he began the process of pulling the tangles out of his hair brush after agonizing brush. He'd always had a sensitive scalp that he'd never quite been able to get over. After contenting himself with the relative sheen his hair had acquired Hwyn applied a thin layer of Kohl to his already large eyes and a touch of rouge to his pouting lips, the effect bringing out whatever charm he had in him. Sighing Hwyn looked in the mirror, and frowned at the facade that stared back.

"Who am I?" He pondered unto himself

Donning his dress and disguise Hwyn again took to the streets. Making his way to the market Hwyn began to search for a mark. The sun was beginning to set and as such people were meandering away from the various stalls that littered the markets and most of the best things to buy were already gone. That didn't mean that a few gems wouldne't be left among the twilight shoppers. After a few minutes of searching Hwyn spotted a particularly appetizing stall selling various breads some still somewhat warm by the looks of. Making his way towards the stall Whyn waited tell someone began to make a purchase as the shop keeper turned to sell the customer a muffin Hwyn made a pass on the stall. Walking fast enough to seem in a hurry but not so fast as to arose undue suspicion Hwyn Snagged the small loaf of bread furthest to the left on the display and continued walking hardly breaking his stride. Hwyn made his way to a nearby alley. Right as Hwyn turned the corner Hwyn heard a disgruntled shout in the direction of the baker. Not taking a moment to even look back Hwyn rounded the corner hoping that no one would even bother looking for the loaf of bread. As Hwyn made his way about halfway into the alley he took a moment to sit down in a doorway somewhat concealed from direct sight down the alley and begin tearing into the loaf of bread. To his delight it was still a little warm and soft, Hwyn tore into it with relish letting his guard down not expecting anyone to pursue him. As Hwyn tore into the loaf what daylight that had been left faded into a pastel colored violet sky as the first stars began to wink at the lives beneath them, Zintilla's first gifts of the long night.
Last edited by Hwyn on September 19th, 2016, 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 13th, 2016, 10:45 pm

S H I M O J E

It had been a long week, the night would seem to pass by just as soon as the sun seemed to grace the beautiful spring with its presence. If you could call this city beautiful. Shimoje had tired of all the stone and cobble surroundings, but it was home now and it was a lot better than what he had to deal with before. He had just recently arrived, but it felt as if this city made it feel like he was there for an eternity. Shimoje longed for an escape from the monotony and it was this way ever since he arrived. He was constantly doing something, and had hardly spent much time in his apartment at all. Tonight Shimoje thought he might just go back to the apartment and take a load off.

He entered his apartment, plain as all could be. Despite it being his, he felt as if it belonged to another. It was very weird for him to stay there sometimes and mostly he felt as if he was a guest. Just as he thought he might be able to settle down after taking a seat on his bed he looked around. Letting up a deep sigh he knew he was not tired at all. He had far too much on his mind, and the recent adventures he had been a part of left him thinking far more than he probably should.

He touched up his head giving it a fresh shave, and headed out once again. Perhaps he would visit the Bazaar again. He had recently spent a lot of time there investigating a pranking thief. As one less fortunate himself he was enticed by the thoughts of what must have been going through the culprit’s mind. Regardless, Shimoje would do anything to pass his time. It was just a few ticks past 8 and it was finally time to head out.

He traveled to the Bazaar with his usual; his woodcarver’s kit, some wood, and other tools to whittle some wood. Hopefully tonight would bring some inspiration. He walked through the Bazaar as if it was second nature, ignoring the occasional passerby and tentative merchants who would ask him to take a look at their wares trying to sell the last of their stock. This time he decided he would find a place hidden from prying eyes to enjoy the fresh air and experiment.

A couple of merchants closed up their stalls and Shimoje noticed how complicated it would be for some of them. A few had stalls which just seemed to sit on top of wagons, and others had more permanently placed locations. “Imagine if all of them had the ease of wheels.” He thought. Shimoje started to walk down an alley, hand on his trusty kit that rested on his waist along with the hammer and nails he would also carry.

In the distance he heard the light traces of footsteps scampering around. Surely he didn’t expect anyone to be near this area, but alas he strolled forward – half expecting some sort of confrontation from a stranger. To his surprise a rather small looking figure crouched or sat in a doorway approaching. He wasn’t entirely sure of the figure, but he could see a glimpse of oily hair sheening in the darkness. He took out a nail and started to thump it on a nearby wall, as to alert the person of his presence. He didn’t want to surprise whoever it was, and the least he needed was someone to be afraid of a bald head strolling through the alley.

Shimoje’s slim figure finally approached the person who had been feasting on a piece of bread. “Hello there. Enjoying yourself? Don’t mind me I had just come for some inspiration. My name is Shimoje by the way” He had explained to the figure sitting below him in a doorway. “This does seem like a good spot. But what if that door opens? I will sit there so it won’t hit you.” He sat down next to the stranger. He hadn’t expected much. If Shimoje wasn’t invited the worst that could happen is that he would be told to leave or the person would get up and leave. Either way she seemed to look like she was having a hard time to Shimoje. He took another look at her and started to rummage through his pack and took out a piece of wood about the size of his arm. He put a few scratches into the wood with his knife and delved deeper and deeper until a piece was angled from the end of the wood. He placed the piece of wood under the door like a stopper near the edge of the frame.

“It is amazing, y’know.” Shimoje stated abruptly “Even the simplest of things can have wondrous uses.”

My Words My Thoughts Others Words
Last edited by Shimoje on April 20th, 2016, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 14th, 2016, 1:26 am

Hwyn's small revelry was ended when it became occupied by two. Looking up from his meal Hwyn watched a man approach, an older gentleman by the looks of it with a completely shaved head, not a common fashion statement by any means. The man approached with an air of aloof ease as he approached chatting at Hwyn idly.

“Hello there. Enjoying yourself? Don’t mind me I had just come for some inspiration. My name is Shimoje by the way”
“This does seem like a good spot. But what if that door opens? I will sit there so it won’t hit you."

Arching an eyebrow at the man as he made himself comfortable next to him. Without pause the man produced a piece of wood and knife and proceeded to shave it down into a ramp like shape without a care in the world. Hwyn found himself staring with interest at the man's hands as they worked away at the piece of wood. The man's face also wore a face of focus that intrigued Hwyn, it was like the man was staring into something he couldn't see. Then when he finished he placed the piece of wood in such a way that it would stop the door should it open. The he looked back to Hwyn with a mild smile on his face.

“It is amazing, y’know.”
“Even the simplest of things can have wondrous uses.”

Hwyn still speechless just nodded.

"Uhm, uh, Mistter uh, Shee-Mu-Jee? I don't think that the people who live their will be too happy when their door gets stuck. But uhm, thanks? You can... call me.. Hwyn.."

Stuttering out a response to the stranger Hwyn offered his name without thinking. Something about the man interested Hwyn, the way he worked impressed him.

"You really don't need to waste time on someone like me though..."

Looking down Hwyn felt mildly disgusted with himself, he was filthy from a recent escapade that had left him covered and dirt and hardly any richer than he had been before. Then the man before him used his hands to ply a trade, as the Knights and squires phrased it, honest work.

"Did you want something from me, I have very little to offer you."

Perhaps the man had some need from Hwyn that'd explain his reason for approaching, if he had one that wasn't nefarious, unless he was like the Sunberthians he remembered, but he was quite far from home now.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 14th, 2016, 2:18 am

S H I M O J E

Shimoje sat there still, studying the young person sitting next to him. He wasn’t very responsive at first and seemed a bit shy. He hadn’t really encountered one younger than himself. Shimoje was only 17 after-all, but it is true that he looked much older than what his age truly was. Not much time had passed and Shimoje finally heard Hwyn speak and introduce himself. He was immediately intrigued. The little one looked like a girl but spoke almost like a boy, he wasn’t entirely sure though. Shimoje’s brows lowered at that note and simply pondered. He would have to be careful not to offend.

“Nice you meet you Hwyn, how…” Shimoje’s words were cut off by the little guy explaining how he wasn’t worth Shimoje’s time and that he had little to offer him. He was perplexed at these statements and figured that the boy was self-conscious about something. “Well Hwyn, just meeting you is kind gesture enough. Oh, and that wedge...” He said solemnly with a smile and turned to look at it “I will remove it before I leave or if someone tries to come through the door. I just don’t want to get hit by a door.” He explained. Shimoje was cautious but took another piece of wood the size of his hand out of his pack. He had plenty, and although carrying the wood was taxing at times – it was well worth it.

He remembered back to when he had given a dear friend a real rose and thought he would try his hand at replicating it. He started by the bud and carved outwards creating a half-bloomed shape of the rose and petals which extended outwards. The wood started to take shape after he continued to spin it in between his legs as he grasped the untouched parts. With a variety of scalpel looking blades he stroked at the wood symmetrically. Each touch of the blade left a sawdust or sliver which fell gently into his lap and he would occasionally blow on his creation to reveal more of the piece.

The bloom finally started to take shape and it was recognizably a flower, though it had its flaws. Finally, he grabbed out his larger crescent shaped blade and started on the stem going away from his legs as to be careful not to slip and cut himself. It was a tough job, but finally a flower was produced. It didn’t take much time but he was talking as he whittled away this gift to give the young man. He produced the raw flower with a short stem without thorns, and started to work on the details. He gently carved patterns of smooth facets to each petal and curved them upwards and then gently took his smallest knife and put the name Shimoje into the top base of the stem.

“You don’t need to have anything to give, I will never ask you a thing.”
“You see how I shape this? I do so delicately with kindness. A piece of wood seems to have a life to itself. Each grain in the wood requires different strokes to properly shape it.”
“If you work against the grain you run the risk of slipping, making a mistake, and cutting yourself.”
“I could almost say the same could be said for life, I guess.”

As the rose was finished he looked it over one more time, and handed it to the boy sitting there.
“Here, this is for you Hwyn.” He gestured placing it on Hwyn’s lap “So what brings you to this alley? I came here to escape and to hopefully get some new ideas for experimentation.” His deep green eyes seemed to shine from a light nearby and looked to catch a gaze from Hwyn. Shimoje felt relaxed despite just meeting Hwyn, and his guts told him that this should end up to be something good. Shimoje watched Hwyn for some sort of reaction, and wasn’t sure how a stranger would react to such a thing. One could say that Shimoje was performing a social experiment to see what would happen.

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 14th, 2016, 2:48 pm

The man was of an odd sort a fact that made itself more and more apparent as he talked. He showed no particular interest in leaving seemingly content to idly chat towards Hwyn. If the man was so keen on doing as was his want who was Hwyn to stop him?

The man seemingly unfazed by Hwyn's demeanor produced another peice of wood and begat to work at it. Idly watching Hwyn stared at the man's hands as they produced a more defined shape than they previously had, it wasn't perhaps to most artistic thing Hwyn had ever seen, the edges were quite rough and not all the cuts even or confident. But nonetheless the wood slowly took shape in the hands of the strange man with the shaved head. Watching the man work by the fading dawn light was intriguing, it felt as if time was standing still as the carver plied is art. It had been an entire bell, perhaps less perhaps more not that it mattered too much to the man who shaped leaves from wood. Hwyn noted that there was some small Irony in making replicas of plants out of dead wood, but perhaps that was simply another hypocrisy of the world.When the man finished he held in his hands a crude flower a replica of a rose, it didn't perhaps hold the same charm as an original but in it's own way it held an odd sort of homely beauty.

“You don’t need to have anything to give, I will never ask you a thing.”
“You see how I shape this? I do so delicately with kindness. A piece of wood seems to have a life to itself. Each grain in the wood requires different strokes to properly shape it.”
“If you work against the grain you run the risk of slipping, making a mistake, and cutting yourself.”
“I could almost say the same could be said for life, I guess.”

Hwyn nodded slowly not really agreeing or disagreeing with the man's musings. Then the man handed Hwyn the wooden rose he had carved placing it on his lap.

“Here, this is for you Hwyn.”
“So what brings you to this alley? I came here to escape and to hopefully get some new ideas for experimentation.”

Hwyn shrugged in answer to the question, It wasn't like he had a particular answer, he was just biding his time as he searched form something to do with his quiet existence.

"I've no more reason to belong to this alley than anywhere else on this night"

Then Hwyn lifted the crude rose to his face and inhaled searching for a scent he knew didn't exist before letting a half smile crawl across his lips.

"Do you think, mister, Shimojie, that a weak imitation can ever hold the worth of an original article?"

Speaking of the rose yes, but more so Hwyn was referring to himself, his charades as different people were tiring, but at the same time Who was he if not what he was now? Was he forever doomed to be a fake?
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 14th, 2016, 9:36 pm

S H I M O J E

Shimoje was in awe about the question which had just been asked him. He never really gave much thought to the objects or imitation of another object, but suddenly a surge of deep thoughts hit his mind so much so that it felt as if his heart was doing the speaking.

“Look around you Hwyn. What do you see? What do you truly see?” he posed the question with the intention for it not to be answered and continued. “I will tell you what I see. That light over there, is it not an imitation we use for light in place of the sun?” His mind was running rampant and for some reason he had looked at Hwyn as a little sister or brother and wanted to share his thoughts on the world around him. The fire flickered with a bit of wind that funneled through the alley, illuminating the walls in its amber embrace striking shadows which danced to each movement.

“That rose you hold in your hand, yes it is imitation and can never bloom fully or die like regular roses, but it has its own life and place in the world. It was made from a tree which had been cut down and possibly provided life for many things while it was living, but now it is there in your hand. That piece of wood has a history, and now it has new memories with you.” For some reason Shimoje spoke as if the simple wooden rose was alive, like it was a part of something greater. “With that it has a worth all to its own. Who cares if there is something better or real. Nothing can be like it and it can’t be like anything else, but can it be used in place of the original.” Shimoje placed a hand on the Hwyn and said “Well, that depends on you.”

Suddenly Shimoje felt lively and removed the piece of wood from the door like promised. “If this alley has no place for you to belong to, then let’s walk.” He gestured at Hwyn and held out his hand to help him to his feet. Shimoje had no real plans this night except to relax, but he enjoyed the company. He smiled towards Hwyn and only wondered what was going through the little guy’s mind and soul, and somehow he wanted to help him. “So what do you typically do around here? Me I have my own crafts and things that I am studying while looking for how my father died. He was never around much, but something just carries me on to try and discover what happened.” He opened himself up to Hwyn and had no intentions of turning back. Just as their conversing had gone one a patrol of knights started to make their way down the alley.

He recognized the sound of clinging shields and armor, and didn’t want to encounter the knights tonight. He was trying to relax, and every time he saw a knight he was tense from remembering the recent journeys he had been on. Just as Shimoje was about to walk away a head peeked out the door and rudely told them to be quiet and that they were trying to sleep then slammed the door. Shimoje didn’t know that people had homes in The Great Bazaar, perhaps it was a back of a shop where the owner would lay down? Either way, Shimoje wanted to respect their wishes and continue on. “Where to Hwyn. I will follow you tonight if you don’t mind that is.”

oocAssume Shimoje would follow you to wherever. Once more has been set it will open up the RP to a better flow.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 20th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Hwyn didn't know much, that was something he knew, but he decided that there was something that he could nail down as well. Shimoje, was odd. Listening to the man rant Hwyn wasn't entirely able to understand everything he said but he did gather one thing. He was the only thing like himself, so perhaps it didn't matter if he was an imitation, if he was something to himself. Or something like that, Hwyn shrugged, it wasn't like it really mattered anyway.

Watching Shimoje's antics Hwyn shook his head and smiled in spite of himself. Such bravado and energy the man had.

“Where to Hwyn. I will follow you tonight if you don’t mind that is.”

Nodding Hwyn shrugged, it wasn't like their was anywhere in particular he wanted to go. So with no goals in mind Hwyn stood and egan walking the man following some few steps behind him. leaving the great bazaar hwyn passed the Soothing waters and eyes it intensely for a moment. He had yet to visit the place since he had never found the need, that said he hadn't taken a full bath since he'd lived under different conditions pre-syliras. Such was life though.

Resuming his walk Hwyn eventually found himself standing walking aimlessly he really didn't know where he wanted to go, there were so few things to do at such an hour that were particularly worth doing. Passing the Heralds arms Hwyn eyed the reverly within the place the drunken merriment and warmth within held his gaze for a moment. He knew what one could buy in such a place, the thought made him scowl. Walking for some time Hwyn sighed and halted.

Standing under a lone light in a crossroads Hwyn gave up. There was no place that he belonged too, nobody he was beholden too. No arms to go home too, for Hwyn, their was only himself, he had given up his home in Sunberth without looking back, now he was here in Syliras. Perhaps like the knight he could pledge to honor and loyalty, but they'd never take someone like him. Maybe he could find a job slitting purses and stealing, but he didn't want to hurt anyone. Holding back the stinging sensation that would elicit a downpour of emotion from his eye's Hwyn took in a deep breath.

"I.. I don't know where to go.. I'm sorry but even in a city his large i'm just a poor wanderer."
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 21st, 2016, 12:32 am

The Docks

Shimoje went through the motions as if a puppet to Hwyn’s guidance. He skulked through the alley recognizing its damp atmosphere amongst the lights. Every now and then darkness would pass and he would follow the light footsteps of Hwyn in front of him. Hwyn seemed to be wandering about occasionally stopping at something that would provoke a thought or too, but Shimoje didn’t take much notice to it. He knew that perhaps this figure was leading him on a wild chase. Perhaps it was the wrong choice to go strolling through the night with a stranger. After all, Shimoje didn’t know Hwyn all that well. The thought did cross his mind that maybe he made a bad decision, but he didn’t really fear for Hwyn trying anything crazy with him. Even if Hwyn did the city had a decent amount of guards still around patrolling the night.

The two stopped before a crossroads. Shimoje sort of knew where he was, as they just passed Soothing Waters. A place he had visited often to get healed from his recent adventures and particularly one that still haunted him when he was absolutely covered in wolf blood. It was a scary sight, and he hoped no one would remember that, but who could forget a bald head that was covered in so much blood that all of his clothes were stained and carrying around a silver pelt. He didn’t know for sure, but alas not many people were around anyways so his nervousness subsided.

Shimoje responded to Hwyn in the most remarkable way ever. The boy or girl (he still wasn’t completely sure) had said that he was a wanderer and didn’t know where to go. Shimoje got just a little bit closer to softly speak to Hwyn from his heart. “Want to know the truth?” He went on knowing it was a bit corny to say such a thing. It wasn’t like he was telling any lies either “I have nowhere to go to either. I am here basically alone.” He said.

They stood there at the crossroads and exchanged words in a genuine interaction that had sincerity to it. Shimoje had the urge to hug the complete stranger, but refrained from acting on it. He had already felt like he overstepped his boundaries with the child. Shimoje threw up the wedge instead trying to spin it as he threw it. The pointed end landed in a direction that would lead them to the west side of the city. “To the docks it is then!” He acted completely out a tangent of random chance, and it was rather unexpected, but so was this encounter.

Shimoje wanted to take lead as he picked up the wedge and started to walk to the docks. He saw that Hwyn was a bit reluctant and lacking the motivation to continue. “Want to ride my shoulders?” he asked. Shimoje had seen this before with children in the great bazaar and wanted to try it. With a quick embrace he finally gave in and picked Hwyn up, trying to place him on his shoulders. At first it was rather difficult and followed by a surprised resistance. He tried once again and knelt down grabbing onto Hwyn and lifting with his legs, holding onto his thighs. It didn’t take long before he balanced Hwyn, but the weight and the wood in his pack made it difficult to walk. They went on somewhat of a downward descent which helped a little bit, but Shimoje feet still slapped the ground as if he was walking heavily.

He tried to make it fun for the child and pushed a smile through the rather depressing mood that had taken over the night.

Before long they had reached the docks and Shimoje knelt down not comfortable with carrying over the platforms on the water. “I like the ocean. I would have never guessed before my trip that I would have enjoyed it, but something about the adventure at sea attracted me to it.” He looked out into the waters and took a deep breath of fresh air, though the stink of some old ships did make its way into the fragrance. He walked further and further onto the docks and propped his footwear off of his feet and sat down on the dock’s edge, trying to submerge his feet into the water. It was somewhat cool to the touch and he was almost reluctant in action at first, but he eased his way into the waters.

He smiled towards Hwyn and with a rather evil smirk prepped his leg back and attempted to splash water up at him. “So what has been bothering you so much?” Shimoje asked playing and still trying to splash Hwyn. He was trying to liven the young boy, and hopefully get his mind off of things. The moonlight shines across the water which was distorted by the occasional wave splashing up.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on April 23rd, 2016, 8:31 pm

The man's response was a perfectly good example of why Hwyn thought him odd, as the man admitted his own loneliness he idly tossed the wedge he had carved earlier only to miss his catch and have it hit the ground. As it did so it seemed the man had come to some sort of odd conclusion, he was going to head to the docks. After he made that decision he asked Hwyn an odd question “Want to ride my shoulders?” Trying to find away to politely decline the man's odd offer Hwyn was derailed by the man's physical insistence on his previously verbal offer. Frozen like a dear in the face of a predator. Hwyn was grabbed and without really being given much choice in the matter lugged onto the man's shoulders.

Sighing Hwyn accepted the odd reality of the situation, his lack of will power to resist had allowed him to be so easily accosted. The man smiled as if he felt he was doing some sort of service but Hwyn's thoughts where slightly more remote. After a while the made it to the docks and Hwyn found himself once more on his feet. Standing on the docks Hwyn let the cool air flow over his body. As he was staring into the reflection of the moon on the water Hwyn heard a question posed to him as a spray of cold water caught him in his side. Both the water and words both coming from the man who had brought him here.

“So what has been bothering you so much?”

That was a good question, though a better question would be what wasn't bothering him. Hrmm well if Hwyn was going to enforce his new plan, his goal to be honest he would have to start by shedding any illusions walking down the docks tell he found a place where the water was shallow Hwyn walked into the water until he was waist deep.

"what bothers me so much?"
"My whole life bothers me, this whole city bothers me, I bother me! You know how unfair a question like that is. I don't know how to live in a city like this! The only home Iv'e ever had never to me to live, I'm on my my own trying to figure out what the the petch is wrong with everything."

"Whats Bothering me you want to know?"

Stripping off the tunic Hwyn turned his back on Shimoje, revealing his back covered in more scars than skin.

"I'm bothered by the fact that all I know is that if I didn't say yes sir and yes ma'm and maintain posture and sit properly that I'll be whipped by the only person who loved me, I'm bothered by the fact that after I ran away, the life Iv'e lived has only proven more painful than the one prior. I'm bothered that I'd rather feel agony than nothing at all."

"Gods damn the to Rhysols deepest pits for asking what bothers me, I'm bothered by the fact that I don't enjoy living, and that... I'm tired of no knowing, who or what I am... By Sylir.. I'm bothered."

The crude wooden rose drifted in the water in front if him like some token symbol of imperfect reflections.

Chest heaving Hwyn looked at himself shamefully, he hadn't accomplished anything since he'd left home, he'd just squandered his time and resources accomplishing nothing.

"So, that's what bothers me.."

Straightening up Hwyn laughed, it was almost hysterical but the feeling of getting it off his chest was remarkable.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 23rd, 2016, 10:47 pm

The Docks 37th of Spring 516 A.V.

Shimoje turned his direction towards Hwyn and intensively stared in surprise. He couldn’t believe the hardship that Hwyn has been through. He couldn’t begin to imagine what toll it had done to him. He was trying to liven the mood, but Shimoje knew that this would not be possible now. All he do is feel sorry for Hwyn, and deep down he truly was sorry. This boy had just met him but now for some reason shared his griefs with Shimoje, and at first Shimoje didn’t know how to react. He watched as Hwyn had floated off the wooden rose.

“I am so sorry Hwyn.”
Shimoje couldn’t bring himself to say much more. He pondered of the history that Hwyn had, but he couldn’t bear himself to ask at such a time. This was enough for now.

Suffering, why must this world endure so much suffering. Hwyn spoke of gods which Shimoje only knew about briefly since his arrival to Syliras. “The petching gods have nothing to do with your misfortune. There is only one person that will do something for you and that is yourself.” Shimoje spoke as if he wanted to say more, and his feelings were seeping out in forgiveness of pushing Hwyn this far. The bald Zeltivian sighed and laughed with Hwyn. “When things bother me, I often get carried away by my feelings. Sometimes I take to crafting things, but I also like to tear stuff apart and study them as well.” Shimoje was relating to Hwyn the best he could, and was wondering what he could possibly do to help.

Perhaps there was nothing he could say or do that would convince Hwyn that he was trying to be sincere, and he didn’t want to push his luck or turn this into just a fling where two strangers would argue about each other’s strife. Shimoje sat back down on the docks and hummed a tune. The tune was one heard when he was crossing Suvan Sea. It was an epic ballad telling of the struggles of man encountering treacherous adventures on the sea. He couldn’t remember the words, and the tone itself seemed scrambled. “You know Hwyn, sometimes I think if this city was the right place to go. You ran away, and my gut tells me to run away from Syliras, but something is keeping me here. I am bound until I find out what I need to know.” Shimoje declared openly of his dreams to one day leave this wretched place, but there was no telling how long or when he would be able to do so.

Turning around and letting out a light chuckle Shimoje played with the water for a bit with his big toe occasionally letting out another verse in the form of a hum. “It is funny that that stupid wedge would bring you here. I have been afraid to come back to the docks, y’know.” Shimoje didn’t entirely know what he was saying, but deep down it was his heart doing the speaking. “I tell you what Hwyn, if you are having so much trouble, I don’t have much, but I am live on the 23rd door to the right in Traveler’s Row. You are free to go in there and crash. I don’t have many valuables or much of anything in there so I leave it unlocked mostly.”

Shimoje was just trying to be generous. “Well, you have a place to go to now. You have a place to wander too, instead of roaming dark alleyways at night.”

So there he sat, under the moonlight, wooden rose floating still. Passing out his goodwill to a complete stranger, not giving one thought to the susceptibility of danger. Shimoje knew that anything could happen after extending this offer, he had no idea what Hwyn was truly like, especially after living or running away from such a life. He almost complimented Hwyn for doing such, it must have taken a lot of strength to get away from such a thing. Shimoje admired Hwyn’s strength in being able to keep his baring and tell him of his past life, and in his eyes the two instantly had gotten closer from that moment on.

“Hwyn, promise me one thing, ‘kay?” Shimoje softly spoke out “Never take life for granted, and never give up. Never give up Hwyn, cause without that strength that brought you here, I would have never met you.” Shimoje was being corny his own right, and was trying to show Hwyn that he himself was alone by doing so.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes