PM to join A Strange Man. (Lo'campo)

Ashley meets a particularly odd akalak

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Strange Man. (Lo'campo)

Postby Ashley Blairen on April 17th, 2016, 1:13 am

Ashley's eye brow raised on her face as Lo'campo mentioned being at target for Oumoc... She felt herself shrug. "I assume Oumoc is going to make me die slow, which, is not okay with me. If it was like a stab to my throat and I die almost instantly, I wont mind that." Ashley spoke, she wasn't truly lying. If she had to die, she would prefer it quick.... She assumed almost everyone who was going to die would prefer it like that...

"But I assume that is not the case for me..." She whispered under her breath... The reality of the situation was slowly dawning on Ashley's mind... She was going to be hunted, and that is just the facts. She still was looking at Lo'campo, he the wound he had did NOT seem to be warranting the reaction he has been showing her... The limp, for instance, was a bit odd, considering how she hit him in the chest, and the sheath for her sword hit him in the shoulder... Chin... Area.
Ashley Blairen
Player

Words: 18317
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 5:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lo'campo on April 17th, 2016, 8:39 pm

He found it odd how she worried about her possible death. It seemed that she was more concerned about how she would die rather than death itself. He didn't answer her question thought, he only let the sounds of their footsteps fill the void between them. The details of how Oumoc would take her life were more than simple slow and painful. He did not care for the darker personality, but he had to give it to him. The bastard was creative.

They soon came to the gates of the orphanage, his pleasure of pain fueled as some of the orphans ran into him arms open squeezing him with their love. Normally he would have quickly wiggled free from the affection assault, but given the acceptation that it sent tingling sensations of pain throughout his body, he allowed it this one time. "Papa Campo! Where have you b"een? It's been all day. Who is this lady? Does mama Jilene know?" He gave a smile to the little ones telling them that he would snap their necks if they didn't go to bed. "Isn't it late for you all? I'm pretty sure Jilene wouldn't approve of you being out at this time of night." That being said he watched as the all retreated into the building.

" I apologize for that, thank you for the walk home. I hope not to run into you again for your sake." It was more of a warning than a threat but he knew that it probably came out wrong. He was bad at that. Emotion. Having a feeling of empathy for others. It was another thing that he wished to change about himself.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Ashley Blairen on April 18th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Ashley grimaced slightly as the children came and assaulted Lo'campo, several going out and calling him... 'Papa' which is a bit... Odd. Considering what the akalak was like and presumably the amount of abuse the man gave them... He smiled at them and told them to go to bed, and they all ran back inside to the orphanage... She slid her head around as she watched the last child ran back into the orphanage.

Ashley sighed slightly as she looked behind her before whipping her head around and staring at Lo'campo... "Yeah... Sure..." She studied the akalak once more, and began to walk away again. After a couple of paces, Ashley slowly glanced her head back to make sure the akalak was still in place before continuing into the darkness.
Ashley Blairen
Player

Words: 18317
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 5:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lo'campo on April 18th, 2016, 11:45 pm

He stood and watched as she walked away. It was quiet sad that she would have to watch herself now, but that was the way things were. He could only hope that she would find a way to hide from Oumoc, or even learn to handle herself in a fight. He wished there was a way to cheer her up a bit. To lift the burden of now being a target a bit off her back. "Hey! You were a really good shot!" He called out pointing to the side of his body that was injured. He hoped that it would put a smile on his face at least. He stood and watched as she made her way back through the gates and down the alley where she would turn the corner and be out of sight. Once out of her line of vision he erected himself standing straight up and giving a stretch to break the crust from his wound. It deemed to be merely a scratch a long one, but shallow and nothing that rest and a good cleaning wouldn't fix. He turned to the orphanage and walked normally, getting rid of the limp as he entered the doors of his home.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 26th, 2016, 1:14 am

ImageGrades Ahoy!

Name:Ashley Blairen

XP Award:
  • Observation +2
  • Flirting +1
  • Weapon: Sword +1
  • Disguise +1
  • Seduction +1
  • Socialization +4
  • Persuasion +1
Lore:
  • Oumac: Wants Blood
  • Lo'Campo: The Light Personality
  • "Papa" Campo: Lives at the Orphanage
  • Akalaks: Have Two Personalities
  • Swords: Stabbing is Effective
  • Covering the Sound of a Cane Sword
  • Bartering for Time

Name:Lo'Campo

XP Award:
  • Observation +2
  • Acting +1
  • Tracking +1
  • Stealth +1
  • Interrogation +2
  • Intimidation +3
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Weapon: Lakan +2
  • Socialization +3
Lore:
  • Blair: A Woman in Disguise
  • Blair: Not Afraid of Death
  • Oumac: Doesn't Care about Orphans
  • Cane Swords Can be Surprising

Penalties/Rewards :
Lo'Campo: Lo'Campo will have a scratch on his side for the next two days, give or take. Rigorous activity could split it open and cause it to take longer, while healing and good care could have it fully healed by the two day mark.

Ashley Blairen: Ashley will have faint bruises on her neck that will fade within a day, as well one on her cheek which will last for four days. Her opposite cheek will be visibly scratched for two days, but will heal fine as long as it is not reopened or infected.

Comments :
Very interesting thread, you two! It was rather intense, and I found myself forgetting to grade from time to time, because I was so into the story. :p

Just as a note, unless you discussed it previously, you should be careful about detailing how the other person reacted to your punches, Lo'Campo. For instance, when you threw a punch and said you knocked Ashley to the ground, you should not tell that it knocked Ashley to the ground. You could say that it was thrown with enough force to knock her to the ground if it hit, but you should not assume that it hit, as she could dodge or block. Since there didn't seem to be any dispute within the thread, I'll ignore it for this time. Just try to remember for future combat.

Ashley, a few of your posts were rather short (the last was 130). The generally accepted minimum is 300-400, so try to work on getting the post length up by describing the surroundings, Ashley's thoughts, emotions, what she is going to do next, etc. Reading some of your more recent threads, I think you're getting better, but I thought I'd mention it just to be sure.

All in all, a very nice thread. If you feel I missed anything, or have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Also, don't forget to edit your grade request to reflect its graded status. Thank you! :)
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3