PM to join The Heart's a Finicky Beast

What sorcery is this?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Heart's a Finicky Beast

Postby Kaie on February 29th, 2016, 3:50 am

56th of Winter, 515 AV
6th Bell

Darkness. She was bathed in darkness. Shadows blanketed her like a second skin, cradling her in its blackened embrace. Nothing laid before her and nothing behind. All was shadowed in an oblivion too endless for her eyes to see through. The Myrian turned about, spinning in an endless rotation the tick she detected another's presence. Eyes watched her in her ignorance...but from where? She grit her teeth and reached down to fiercely tear her gladius from its slumber within the sheath at her hip. Her bronze fingers clasped naught but empty space. Her brow furrowed. Her amber eyes widened and glanced down at the place she had known her weapon to always be. She stopped spinning. Her lip curled. Where are you? her mind shouted into the unknown as she searched in vain for the hidden presence. "Kaie," an airy voice breathed from behind where she stood, rigid like a statue. The Myrian spun on her heels with her hands raising in a guard. Several yards away she could spy a silhouette in the darkness that consumed them both, but only with some effort on the part of her eyes. A man? Kaie took a deep breath, licked her lips.
"Who are you? How do you know my name?" she shouted into the void boldly. The silhouette merely stood rooted in place for the better part of a half chime. She blinked. Then it was gone. Kaie began to storm after it, jaw falling slack as she began to voice her opposition to its departure.

Mid-step, it reemerged in her face. The Myrian's weight reeled backward and she went down with it. She landed on her back, eyes wide and sunkissed face devoid of its color. Before her towered the silhouette and through its blackened, cracked skin radiated an inferno just bright enough to illuminate its own features. Her mouth dropped and immediately she began to backpedal away from the man with her hands and feet. The charred man extended his arms as he slowly followed after her. "What's the matter, Kaie? Aren't you happy to see me?" Her heart thumped wildly in her chest. Adrenaline flooded her veins. The gnosis blessed upon her skin did not began its dull burn to signal the presence of her Goddess Queen. "Afraid to admire your own work?" It was only in that moment she realized the charred man had been speaking to her in a Myrian tongue all along.
"Tsu'kai," was all she managed to pathetically blurt out as she continued to race backward on the ground. "I-"
"You murdered one of your own!" The burned Myrian's teeth ground together as he snarled out the words, charred skin crumbled from his face. "You killed me and left me to burn!"

She awoke from the nightmare with a sharp gasp that sent her shooting up into a sitting position. Her chest heaved. Her head snapped wildly about her, scanning the world for the vengeful spirit of her ex-lover. The Sea of Grass seemed to hide no charred walking dead, however. Kaie exhaled deeply and leaned her forehead down into her shaking hands. Just a dream. It wasn't real. Get it together. It wasn't real. But the was the problem. It was real. Gods, was it so very, very real. Her hands slowly slipped from her head to hang shakily before her eyes. Kaie bit her lip and tried to wipe her hands off on her cloak. It was a horrible habit she'd endured shortly after the tragedy, and even now she had begun to get her mind back, the guilty Myrian knew she could never wash the non-existent blood she sometimes still found herself seeing on her hands. A groan broke her soul searching. Shyke. She'd evidently forgotten Kyle was there. The slumbering lump shifted beneath a mess of furs and popped his head out. The blonde disaster atop her head would've made her smile had she not been so deeply disturbed. Kyle's squinty, tired eyes blinked away the sleep he'd just woken from. She could feel his gaze falling on her.

"What the petch are you looking at?" her tense voice was shaky, but Kyle would recognize its pugnacious nature despite catching her in a state of undeniable vulnerability. A few ticks passed. No comment came. There was only silence. A shifting of furs. She didn't dare look at him. Rather, she stared down at the snow beyond their sleeping space. Come back, Myrian. Come back. The warm and gentle touch of fingers guiding her chin to the side caught her by surprise. She arched a brow when she found herself staring into Kyle's eyes. He must've seen the utter perplexity on her face and the words threatening to burst from her lips. "Shhh." Kyle brushed a loose strand of curly hair from her face and moved in with a tenderness completely foreign to the Sunberthian playboy. And just like that the emotion in his gaze was mirrored in hers. His lips pressed against her softly, and her own found themselves moving enthusiastically with them. His hands cupped her face while hers found themselves on the side of his and at his back. After a short time they broke away, sheer shock plain on either of their faces at the spontaneity of their passion. How could a pseudo friendship have evolved so effortless and suddenly into this...whatever it was? What were they doing? Why?

"Kyle?" Their foreheads pressed gently together, the pair breathing smoothly in airy wisps into the wintry air. She moved the hand on his back instead to cup behind his neck. His thumb brushed across her cheek. "I think I'm in love with you." He shook his head slowly. A soft smile spread proudly on his face. "I'm in love with you, Kaie. You're a pain in my ass and I'm so in love with you. I'm so in love with you." She found herself smiling in spite of the crazy and locked lips with him again. The ache she'd awoken with disappeared in the same way a grave was forgotten. The tombstone was removed and the burial forgotten, but the ghost of the body that persisted to remain beneath would still choose to haunt her now and again. Not even the strangeness of her gift plagued her just then. For now, she would drown its memory in the moment the two hunters created within one another. And though she couldn't hope to explain it, and though she found the words hard to speak aloud, she too had completely and wholeheartedly fallen madly in love with the very man she knew herself to loathe.

OOC:Word Counter: 49,571/50,000
Last edited by Kaie on February 29th, 2016, 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kaie on February 29th, 2016, 4:46 am

They were lost in one another, wrapped up in each other starting with eagerness of a single kiss. His lips were hungry for hers and her desire insatiable. In a completely Myrian fashion, the savage female shoved the lovestruck man down onto his back. Lust filled his eyes as he edged himself back onto his sleeping skins. The savage did not leave him longing for very long. She mounted his hips and leaned down to lock lips again. Her curly hair cascaded around them like a curtain against the outside world.

Unsatisfied, Kyle cradled her with his arms upon her back and sat upright with her in his lap. He broke from their kiss to plant his lips along her neck, tracing from behind her ear down to her collar bone. She let her head hang back, taking in the sensations of his gestures of affection. Yet the Myrian was not a selfish creature. Kaie placed two hands upon chest and roughly shoved him down again. He propped himself up on his elbows. Bronze fingers went to work freeing the laces of his trousers. A coy grin spread across her features. He ran his tongue along his bottom lip. She began to pleasure him once he was freed below. Hands. Tongue. Lips.

The Myrian was everywhere and the pair of emerging lovers no where, all at once. Lost in time. Lost in one another. Clothes were stripped. Her cloak fell from her shoulders into the snow beside them. Her brown leather vest was quick to follow. Bronze skin turned to gooseflesh with the exposure to Morwen's breath. His cloak and shirt fell beside hers. Amber eyes gazed down at the paler exposed flesh. Her index finger traced along the scars that characterized his torso. He stiffened at her touch, gaze following her finger that explored a violent past. She recognized the strangeness in his face and took his index finger into her hand. The Myrian moved it to her own body, planting it against one of her own fearsome scars. His lips twitched in a smile.

"Beautiful," she whispered and kissed his tattooed hand. He pulled her down atop him again, his eyes never leaving her face. "Beautiful." They threw themselves back into their senseless passion. Soft gasps evolved into moans of pleasure and exclamations of ecstasy. After a half bell of intense involvement, the two fell from each other within the sleeping skins. Their breaths were heavy, skin slick with sweat despite the cold temperature surrounding them. Not even then did they totally manage to part. Kyle's arm folded behind his head. The other curled around his Myrian lover, who had nestled against his chest. "Wow," he sighed with a laugh, still catching his breath. He leaned over to kiss the top of her head. "Who knew such a shyke shot with a bow would be so gifted in the sack."
"Oh, I'm not that bad with a bow!" She tilted her head to look up at him with an arched brow. He looked away from her with a sheepish expression. "Alright. Maybe I could use a little more practice."

OOC:Word Count: 50,092/50,000 :)

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on May 2nd, 2016, 4:39 am

The mischievous Myrian couldn't help herself. The guffaw slipped from her lips long before she knew it was coming. "A little?" she teased with an exaggerated tone of utter disbelief. Kyle slowly shook his head, dark eyes staring down at her. The tightness within them she would've expected was replaced with a softness she was just becoming accustomed to. "Damn you Myrians. You had to kill the moment, too?" He grinned widely with a gaze that practically begged her to take the bait. Softened by the strange spell upon them, the playful jab at his side satisfied the Kaie's instincts to defend her Myrian pride. The Sunberth man's grin widened as he protested the faux attack. "See what I mean? You can't even help yourself." She rolled her eyes and tugged his bed skins tighter around them. The Goddess of the wretched season evidently cared naught for the new found lovers, for with each breath she terrorized any inch of them that was without protection. Even the fire that had separated them the night before he cooled entirely into useless ash. Her amber eyes settled on the black power and her brow knit.

"I thought you were second watch." Kyle followed her gaze and shrugged his broad shoulders carelessly. "Really? I thought you were." Her lips pressed into a line. Had it been me? she considered privately as she clung to the warm body beside her. No. I was definitely first watch. I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep out here unless I knew someone was up. The notion the pair was both out cold while fearsome grassland predators ruled the night was an unsettling one.

Kaie began to prop herself up, which led Kyle to promptly tug her back down upon his bare chest. Her protests were weak to say the least.
"We came out here to hunt, remember?" The Sunberth man groaned in protest before wrapping his arms tight around her, locking her in place. Why weren't her instincts to take flight from any type of physical trap going off like mad? "Can't we just stay here a while longer?" His grip loosened as he felt her move within his grasp, but her squirming was only to plant a kiss upon his lips. She brushed away a strand of hair stuck upon his forehead. "It's colder than a corpse floating in the Baroque right now." She hummed her consideration while a finger explored the length of his sternum. He shivered at her touch. "I can think of a few ways to keep you warm," she allowed with a a stone-face expression and a lust brooding in her gaze. Kyle's jaw slackened as the jungle-born slipped a hand down below. As the Myrian adjusted herself lower beneath the bed skins, Kyle couldn't have been the only one of the pair thankful there was no one else to hear them.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes