[Peer Review] Scavenging

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the Archives forum for Peer Review.

Moderator: Scribes

[Peer Review] Scavenging

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 12:26 am

Added:

Water Scavenge: The water scavenger will use nets, and various other forms to catch and collect materials from the ocean, rivers, and etc in the intension to find items that travel along its path. Aquatic races, swimmers, or divers may also participate in scavenging. They would usually dive or search the bottom of whatever waters in search for items manually. Finer scavenging techniques could be sifting for metals with a finer meshed netting. Shorelines could be a lucrative or devastating haul, and will often involve a long search to be able to find something that has drifted afloat. Beaches might have the occasional wreck or driftwood come aboard to include dead sea animals/mammals. Please note that Ravok, Sultros and Windreach do not have access to a shore.

Oceans/Rivers/Water: Waterways often would have various items either floating or buried beneath the waters on the floor. This environment would often be hard to scavenge manually, but nets and other techniques used in conjunction with the scavenger's tools could make easy work of it.

And in response
Mostly the animal part i will be honest scavenging a corpse by harvesting the bones or fur would be covered in things such as, Butchering or Skinning other than that i cant really find anything that makes me look at it twice it seems fine to me.

Those are related skills that I should perhaps add, but overall utilizing or scavenging a corpse for items is not unheard. Say a body lays dead with clothes or items on it, the scavenger would then take those items and utilize them as they see fit. As for the bones or fur part, I included that on one basic principle that coming across a dead corpse with nothing in the vicinity a scavenger might look to utilize the bones as a weapon if they did not currently possess such an item at that time.

Usually when it comes to this process the corpse would most likely already be butchered to some extent, though I could elaborate a bit more.

Edit and added:

Related skills: Observation, Wilderness Survival, Cartography, Cryptography, Butchering.

Butchering: In rare instances the scavenger may need to get inside of a corpse to utilize the bones, innards, or skin for a specific use needed at the time.

Corpse Scavenging: The scavenger looks to utilize the items on dead bodies and animals. Everything has a potential use whether it be possessions on the corpse, furs of an animal, bones, or other grisly affairs that the scavenger looks to use. Normally coming across a corpse the items may or may not be damaged beyond use. The bones or other fleshly parts of the body could be utilized in drastic measure when the scavenger has other intended uses for them.
'
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Peer Review] Scavenging

Postby Treachery on May 8th, 2016, 12:35 am

Another thing for Corpse Scavenging and just in general, though I'm not sure if this comes under wilderness survival or foraging, but using for example vultures flying over a corpse to tell 1) where it is and 2) that the meat is edible. Or following camp smoke or old river beds to find things with the appropriate lores.
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Peer Review] Scavenging

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 12:39 am

Right, this would be used with observation regarding it. Overall, I don't want to over complicate things. It is up to the individual PCs and the lore provided to figure out how to utilize the methods of scavenging.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Peer Review] Scavenging

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 4:15 am

Various changes made to the synopsis and the explanation of the skill.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes