Safe for a Farm?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Safe for a Farm?

Postby Enit on November 30th, 2010, 8:30 pm

In my character's history she lived on a small farm a short distance from a city, problem is I don't know what kind of city it would be best for a small farm to reside near. Alvadas sounded cool, would it be too out there to say that she lived close to it? Or is there a better place any of yall could think of? I'm basically just trying to fill in some holes before I can start playing.
Please and Thank you <33
Enit
The Lost

Words: 13962
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2010, 4:50 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Safe for a Farm?

Postby Colette Vicdor on November 30th, 2010, 8:50 pm

How about Sunberth? |:)

Naw....

It looks like you haven't posted a character sheet, so I guess that means you're still thinking of what Region/Settlement to begin at. Alvadas makes a lot of sense to have a farm healthily close to, I think, but poke around the Sylira region as well. Since there's plenty of rural area there (and many possibilities to come from it), I'd think that would work too, depending on what kind of character you're creating.
NOTE - I cannot post as often thanks to bad Internet and home studies.
Colette Vicdor
Names Tell Nothing; Appearances Deceive!

Words: 14082
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Safe for a Farm?

Postby Siiri on November 30th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Hi Enit!

Syliras is the only city I know that has farms immediately outside its castle walls. Denval might be a possibility as well because of its isolation, though I'm not so sure. I guess the best people to answer this are the DSs of the different regions/cities.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Safe for a Farm?

Postby Enit on November 30th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Sunberth actually doesn't sound that bad at all, It's "sinful" nature would help justify her father never allowing her in the city. I would like to get a few more opinions though before I find my first location to "haunt".
Enit
The Lost

Words: 13962
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2010, 4:50 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Safe for a Farm?

Postby Cadence on December 1st, 2010, 9:56 pm

Hi Enit,

Alvadas is a coastal city in the Kalea region with a pretty warm, stable climate, making it a good place for farming. The city itself is completely surrounded by a wall, but their may certainly be some small farms scattered outside the barrier. Since Alvadas is a thriving center of trade, it would also be beneficial for a family to own a farm close to the city so as to have access to the city's markets. And if you need a justification for a father not allowing his daughter inside the city, there’s always the “it’s filled with crazy illusions” excuse. :)
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook