Pursiuing Justice (Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 3rd, 2016, 12:29 am

The Gates: Second of Summer 516av.

It was mid afternoon. Synas light still shown, though not as vibrantly as it would compared to morning wears. Ferrin was waiting for a friend just before the exit of the gates. A friend that he'd met just last winter. Garland. The bulky squire with more intelligence then Ferrin had imagined. Though, he didn't doubt his fellow Squire friend. In fact, he probably relied more on Garland then his own instincts. Garland lived in Syliras much longer than Ferrin had had. He'd only been here three seasons starting last summer.

Syliras, the Fortress City of Peace was definitely a much more different city then Kenash. Kenash was an open agricultural city. Things were different on the inside of the agricultural city just as it was on the inside. Ferrin wanted to do something with his life and not do anything memorial. He wanted to become a notorious Knight in gleaming armor. Just like the stories. Though, real life is no story it's a journey. More likely, a journey that folds into a story.

The Kenashian was swathed in his cotton clothing. With a piece of leather armor on top. He held a short broadsword. Well, it was more so within its sheath that clung to his waist. Ferrin held his longbow with his left hand and the quiver was strapped over one of his shoulders. He rode on top of a Zavian, sitting on the saddle he waited and waited for Garland to come. Hoping that the squire didn't forget of them hunting down bandits. They need to decrease the populous of those evil dwellers. By the hands of Sylir, Ferrin will seek justice.

Ferrin was unsure of how long the two will hunt so Ferrin came prepared. He brought with him, a tent, bedroll, and rations, including his waterskin which was strapped about the saddle of Cyprus, his riding companion. He waited still. Turning the mare around, he sighed looking around for Garland. "Now, where can Garland be?"

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 6th, 2016, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on June 4th, 2016, 5:01 am

It had been a few days since his faithful encounter with the slavers, and the escape of a rogue knight that tried to sell him and another knight into slavery.

He was angry under the surface of his jovial smile, he took every chance he could get to patrol the woods in hopes that he could find the petcher. The knights had mobilized a manhunt for the traitor, but they had kept it secret from the public, and most other squires.

Though their hunt did not stretch as far as Garland would like just a few kilometers from the city walls and from Mithryn Outpost. Garland had also opted out of joining teams or large patrols. He had lost his trust with most of the knights, only trusting a handful of personal friends, including Ferrin.

He had also left his twins in the care of his patron and the mage-squire Sylvia, rather than just leaving them in the orphanage. He was in turmoil, his rage was bottled up, ready to explode.

On the surface though, he was his usual self. He had been riding his mixed-breed horse, Tryn. "Ferrin!" He called out to his friend. "Sorry I'm late, had to take care of a few things."

Garland was not wearing any armor, just his plain clothes, he would rather keep quiet then clanking around in heavy armor. Although he had his armor strapped on Tryn's side just in case he needed it.

In terms of weaponry, he had his sword, a shield, and his hand-crossbow with twenty bolts. He also had rope, a tent, and a dagger hidden in his boot at all times, and another dagger strapped to his chest.

"Are you ready to go? We'll be heading towards the ruins and checking out the area there." Garland took out a map from the saddlebag he placed on Tryn. "I'm not good with maps, do you want to lead?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 5th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Title and Date

Ferrin waited and sat perched on the saddle that rested on the back of Cyprus. A dark grey and black Zavian with a lot of horse power and muscles. Cyprus is such a good companion that he'll do anything to prevent harm that could ever happen to Ferrin. He was waiting and waiting, he grew tired of humming a song that his mother had sung to him when he was a kid at times in stress and the like. So he scanned the river of people before him as Cyprus adjusted his own position so that Ferrin could see better.

There. He spotted Garland. The fellow Squire of his that was assinged to search for bandits and evil lurkers that could cause trouble and has had cause trouble in the past. "Aye! Garland!" Said Ferrin with a smile that creased across his face. Cyprus trekked towards Tryn a war horse breed who was dark in colour and strong and large in shape.

Garland came near and greeted back to him. Ferrin smiled once more. How long had it been since Ferrin had seen the dark haired fellow? He had no clue what so ever. The first time when he had met Garland; was when they were at the Pits. Ferrin can't recall when that was exactly. Though, he can remember all of the interaction that he had had.

Garland had asked if Ferrin was ready to go, of course he was. He was always ready. No matter what the case, well it actually depends on most cases and who he is going on with these journeyed. Though, most times he'll be fine with it. "Yes I am ready Garland. Are you?" Asked Ferrin exuberantly. He couldn't wait. And he also needed to serve justice to those who don't follow Sylir and the Gods of good.

"Maps? I can read them, but I usually know the direction without using one. But, you've said the Lavender Ruins, those ruins you're referring to right? The ones with... Spirits?" Ferrin shivered as he recalled a moment in time on his patrols.

He encountered many spirits within a Storehouse nearest the docks or someone around that. He didn't like the feel of being posseed. It almost felt like violation. "But, I can take a look at it, here hand it to me." Garland took out the map out of his pack and he placed it on Tryn. Cyprus inched closer and Ferrin peered over Garland trying to get a good view. "Yeah, I know where they are. The ruins are somewhere within the Cobalt Mountains. If we leave now we could hopefully catch those petchers earlier then what the Order expects."

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on June 8th, 2016, 4:38 am

It was always good to have a map, although it seems that Ferrin didn't need it. Still Garland kept it just in case he got separated.

"Lead the way then." Garland said and followed Ferrin on horseback. The duo crossed the gate and greeted the two guards. Garland grabbed Tryn's reins and gently spurred Tryn forward, beside Ferrin.

"Do you know anything about the Lavender Ruins?" He asked curiously. "I've heard the reason why only a few patrols go there is because the ghosts deal with most intruders, but I've heard rumors of a madman there, living among the dead."

Garland was hoping to scare Ferrin a bit, he was always a prankster and scaring someone was always funny. "I've heard he cooks trespassers into wonderful looking meals and feeds it to his guests." Garland smirked and watched Ferrin's reactions.

"Of course, it could just be angry spirits that take possession of trespassers and eats their friends." He laughed and sighed. "Joking aside, be careful. The few people that travel there say that the ghosts could either help you or hinder you, and as far as I know, we have absolutely nothing against ghosts... Why did we get picked for this mission again?"

Ferrin was his friend yet they rarely get to talk to each other. He had heard that Ferrin was quite active along with the scientist Shimoje, he didn't know the details but it involved something about ghosts in the docks.

Ferrin had more experience with ghosts than Garland, though in combat, Garland had the upper hand.

The horses walked slowly through the forest track, after a few bells he could see some ruined walls and towers, and an eerie purple glow around the forest, like a mist of purple energy.

The hairs on the back of Garland's neck stood on ends, and the horses had whinnied and reared backed. Tryn did not scare easy, in fact he would rush in and kick anything as hard as he could if given the chance. Though now, he refused to move any further.

"What's wrong?" He asked his horse and gently rubbed the stallion's ear. Even rubbing Tryn's ear, which usually calms him down, did not seem to work. "It may be best if we go on foot."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 8th, 2016, 6:12 pm

Title and Date

It was good to see Garland again. No matter how long it's been. He felt that he could trust him and feel comfortable being around the burly man. Ferrin was pretty sure where the Lavender aruins were located. He didn't do well with maps. He knew someone who used to be a cartographer. Revali. Whom he had met later on in the summer if just last year.

"Well, I figured that they'll be haunted... I mean... I've heard stories about that place." He said slowly, recalling back the time in the spring when he encountered spirits at a storehouse. He shivered at the thought of being posseed again. He didn't like that feeling. It was nerve racking and pretty scary. Being posseed could even make a little kid give nightmares when he's asleep.

The four trekked along through the streets of Syliras and neared the gates of the main entrance. They nodded to the guards who manned the gates and continued on. Hooves tapping against the stone beneath them. Soon, the hooves would be kicking up dirt and gravel as they would walk across the Kabrin Road.

"I've heard those rumors too. Though, I bet it must be true. Otherwise, they wouldn't be spreading them. Unless they want to scare little kids. If they ever wander off to far. I bet my last copper there would be bandits trying to conjure loot up in that place." He said sullenly. So much had happened last Spring to Ferrin, that it would be a challenge to even attempt to not forget about them.

Garland began teasing Ferrin about the madman who lived within the ruins. Cyprus inched closer to Tryn and as he did so, Ferrin gave Garland a friendly punch in the shoulder. "Not funny man. Those spirits can get really nasty, real quick." He smiled at Garland, now hoping that he could scare him. "I've been through it once before. Just this spring." He shivered again. Ghosts. He didn't like them, and they didn't like him.

Ferrin looked out through the canopy if the trees, thinking of what could be on the other side. Tryn was acting up and Ferrin noticed an early purple glow off the treeline and ruins scattered in a farther clearing through the canopy. Cyphrus kicked his front legs in the air and whinnied with a halt. Shaking his head nervously and accidentally whipped Ferrin in the face as Ferrin was trying to regain balance. "Woah boy! There there. Calm down." The Kenashian said as he stroked the mares neck.

"I think we're here. Should we stop here? Feed the horses? I think it would be good to walk on foot, bring only what you can carry. We'll come back here to rest." If they needed to bring anything else. All they needed really was their weapons. That's it. The two squires would walk through the entrance if the Lavender Ruins. "Be very careful." Said Ferrin as he clutched onto his longbow, knuckles turning white.

The two stepped through missing Gates and was soon greeted by a courtyard with tons of plant life and overgrown trees and mold that grown over the weathered down stone. Ferrin scanned the empty courtyard that contains a few broken down structures and a fox that sprinted off through the courtyard. He looked downwards to find any recent tracks of the bandits. He remembered why they were here now. "Theives and bandits. That's why we're here, Garland. They could be in the keep." Ferrin said slowly almost in a whisper.

The keep was just on the other side of the courtyard. Nothing out of the ordinary yet. Though, the two should always keep their eyes open for any sign of danger. That is, when they first walk through those doors.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on June 11th, 2016, 5:34 am

"Thieves and bandits huh? Wouldn't the ghosts deal with them?" Garland asked as they walked through the gates into the overgrown courtyard.

The air in the gardens were fresh, yet had a musky scent, it was hard to describe, like old moss on a wall, yet there was something... magical in the smell. "We are pretty great, I do admit. But wouldn't you think sending two squires with almost no training against ghosts other than willpower seems a bit... strange? I would say this was a test or some such."

When the two reached the gates to the keep, Garland looked into the open doorway, making sure no one was waiting for them inside. "Spliting up would be a bad idea wouldn't you agree? Keep close, and eye open."

Garland pulled out his shield and hand-crossbow and slowly opened the door. He crept in slowly, checking behind corners for anything here. He signaled to Ferrin to stay quiet, and follow behind him.

Everything was old, dusty, or rotting away. The paintings may have fetched a pretty miza but now they're faded and ruined, nothing more than tinder for fire.

There was nothing here that suggested that anyone had entered or moved here. Except for the lit candles and torches on the walls. As the duo make their way through the building, only one room seemed to be used frequently.

A kitchen of some sort, some with fresh spice hanging off racks and some meats. There was also a hearth with some warm ashes of a fire. "Someone was here recently. I don't think they're here now though..."

Just then, a curved blade pressed itself right on Ferrin's neck. "Squires from Syliras? What business do you have in these haunted lands?" A man in a dark hooded cloak said.

Garland had his hand-crossbow pointed at the man's head, and stared at him. "Bandit hunt, it was strange that we were sent here." He said, still tense and looking for a way to get Ferrin out of this situation.

The man nodded and pulled back his weapon, a giant war-scythe and strapped it on his back. The man gestured to the two to follow him through the keep and towards a flight of stairs leading to the second floor.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 11th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Title and Date

"Well, it is weird. I just hope that Sylir has our side and is watching our backs. Hopefully. I've had little experience with ghosts..." He said willingly. They continued to walk through the empty courtyard that contained the overgrowing plant life. "This place needs a trim." He said slowly as the two stepped towards the doors to the keep.

"A test? Why do you say that? I think everyone else was just scared." He croaked as the two ventured through the old wooden doors.

"Yes, let's stick together." Ferrin said with a sly smile, walking behind him. He switched his longbow with his sword and shield making less noise as he could muster. The two walked close together in a pact. Ferrin looked around the hallways. Paintings lined the walls with faded gold trims and ruined drawings.

Sure, back then they would've costed a fortune, but now it is kind of sad. The paintings would hardly be worth anything. Pretty much everything inside the Keep was just as old as the outside of the Keep. Old, rust, and moldy. The scent of mold crept through Ferrins sense of smell. His nose twitched, Ferrin itched it with his shield hand. The shield carried up to his face, blocking his view temporarily.

The two met a set of doors SE time down the hallway. Garland led them in through what appeared o be some sort of kitchen. A hearth and shelves of spice along the wall. A busted and damaged table. Chipped stone tiles along the flooring. The hearth was fused recently. Warm ashes skitted across the hearth and slightly in front of it on the ground. Torches and oilblamps lut up the room. "Strange." He said to himself.

Just then, Ferrin felt cold steel rest against his neck. The scythe dug lightly into his skin. Ferrin grasped tightly to his blade and shield while Garland turned round and aimed his crossbow at the hooded figure behind him. "Squires from Syliras? What business do you have in these haunted lands?" Asked the hooded figure. The scent of onions and garlic overwhelmed Ferrin as the hooded figure spoke.

Garland replied. "Bandit hunt, it was strange that we were sent here." The blade slowly released from his neck, but still it rested on his skin. Suddenly, the man pulled away, Ferrin was sure he agreed with this intrusion and the reason behind their existence of being here in the Keep.

Ferrin turned as quick as he could to see the hooded figure behind him gesture the both of them to follow. Ferrin nodded slowly and waited for the man to proceed his steps to fall in place beside Garland. Leading the way to the upstairs. He whispered quietly to Garland. "I don't trust this man." He said sullenly.

The three rounded a corridor and was taken up a flight of aged stairs. The Stone in them chipped and molded. Slippery even. Their steps tapped lightly making little sound, but enough. 'Where was this man taking us?' Thought Ferrin as the rounded the steps. Torches were lit on either side of them on the walls.

The stairs led in to an open hallway. Furnished the same as downstairs old paintings and rotting furniture. Though, this upper hallways eemed to be taken care of lightly. There were more doors on either side of the hallways. 'Probably torture chambers.' Thought Ferrin as he slowly grown a distrust for the hooded figure.

"You might not trust me." Said the hooded figure in a solemn voice. He turned right to a door through the hallway. Opening it allowing the scent of mold pursue the rest of the Keep. Ferrin sheathed his blade. "I can give you a place to rest. The location of which the bandits might be dealt with already. I must come with you. Their are spirits here that are very.... Aggressive." He said in a deep tone and motioned for Ferrin to enter the room. The room was simple, a bed drawers and table that was busted in the corner. The window was shattered and dust was heavy. The torches alongside the walls were lit and flickering lightly. "You rest." The hooded figure said slowly.

The hooded figure lightly closed the door behind Ferrin and Ferrin turned using the small cracked holes to see through the door. His shield was placed carefully against the wall beside him. The hooded figure turned to Garland and led him through the door opposite of Ferrin. Probably telling him the same thing, though when dinner will be ready and the like. Ferrin figured that he could search the drawers to find some extra coin. Hopefully, he'll find something. Though, it wouldn't matter.

The Kenashian dusted his bed with his hand and shook the patricales off of the blankets before laying on top of the mattress. He didn't need to sleep, though this bandit hunt might go on for awhile. As long as Sylir is by his and Garlands side, they'll be fine. For now at least.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on June 13th, 2016, 4:32 pm

"I don't trust him either, but we don't really have a choice now do we? There are ghosts here, and I don't know about you, but swords aren't really all that effective against ghosts." Garland replied with a small frown. Garland stared at the man walking in front of them.

The man couldn't be older than thirty, but the way he acts seems like he's seen a lifetime of death. Garland kept silent and fiddled with his crossbow. "I bet these bandits got themselves possessed by ghosts."

The man did not reply and just kept walking. Garland felt a chill run down his spine as he walked passed one of the rooms, and followed by a ghostly giggle.

Ferrin didn't seem to have heard the giggle or ignored it, there were ghosts here so a creepy laugh and chilling presence should be expected, but the chill did not seem to leave.

Soon enough the two of them were shown to two different rooms, and were told to wait there for the time being. "What are you planning to do?" Garland asked as he sat down on the dusty bed in the room.

The man didn't answer and just closed the door, and walked away. Garland sighed and unstrapped the shield from his arm. He might as well get comfortable. He stared at the rotting ceiling above, seeing the stone above covered in moss and with cracks all over.

"Heheheh~"

"Huh?" Garland sat up from the bed and looked around. Then he felt his body seize up, and his body just refused to move. Garland's body had stopped responding to his commands.

Then his hand raises up to his face and touched his cheek. Garland's consciousness felt a smile curl up on his lips. "I wonder how long I can stay in this body?"

Garland spoke but his words weren't his own. Something else was controlling him. I'm possessed aren't I?

"Huh? You're still awake? You're stronger than I thought." The ghost inside Garland said, it was somewhat disturbing hearing his own voice reply to him. "Hmmm... Don't worry, I won't do anything drastic, just talk with your friend maybe, follow you around."

The ghost gave another eerie giggle and soon enough Garland got his motor functions back. Oh great...

I can hear you, you know.

"Of course you can." Garland sighed and lied back down. "What will it take to get you to leave?"

Nothing, I'm just gonna be along for the ride. Hehehe~
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 14th, 2016, 2:27 pm

Title and Date

Ferrin found his way around the room to sit an an aged wooden chair that seemed to be fairly dusted and some what cleaned. He heard... Giggling. Dark, maniacle laughter almost. Ferrin was unsure of what it was, he stayed still. "Ha, ha ha ha." It said as Ferrin looked round the room. "Who's there?" Asked Ferrin worriedly, hoping it wasn't a bandit of any sorts. Otherwise, he's a bit vulnerable at the moment. Sitting. "The two of you don't belong here." It said in a dark whisper.

Ferrin shivered and looked upwards to the ceiling. Their was a ghost floating up above him. The spirit is bright in color and hue of a sudden light fixture. Though, it was dimmed so that the guests of this keep could see who this ghost is. It appeared to be an older man. Probably in his thirities if not. Ghostly silver locks of hair and his lower body floated. "What do you mean?" Ferrin asked cranning his head to look up.

Ferrin wasn't scared, no net yet. Could ghosts even see fear? Or any other emotion that is? "I mean, you and your friend here doesn't belong here, do I have to ask again? How many chimes has it been since that man had left you? A few, yet he hasn't called you down for supper. Shame." The ghost kept talking, he floated over on top of a table, now that Ferrin was able to get a good look at the ghost.

It wore some sort of scabbard. He had leather armor and strange colored clothing. "What are you even trying to-" Before Ferrin could finish, the spirit lunged itself into Ferrins body. A cold piercing sensation trickled through his body. Ferrin felt fatigue course through him, he still had control of his body. He just had another soul inside him, that'll drive him more crazy. "Get out." Ferrin demanded. Attempting to reject the possession. "You've been possesed before kid? Haven't ya? All I need is a way out of this hell hole. I can't let that hooded guy find me. Okay?"

But Ferrin had different intentions. He didn't want to be possessed."No, get out. Now." Ordered Ferrin in a commanding volume almost in a yelling manner. There was a sound of footsteps coming from the hallway. "No, now if you don't do as I say, you'll lose control of your own body. Here me?" Asked the spirit. Ferrin shuffled around a bit uncomfortably, all his hairs perked up. He didn't know how long he had been in this room. What's happening to Garland. "Hey wait!" Exclaimed the ghost.

Ferrin managed all his will power to kick this spirit out of him. The spirit sighed and his ghostly form appeared before him, back over the table. "Now, don't fret. I won't hurt you. I just need a way out of this hell hole." Said the ghost. Again. "I've heard you the first time. Why the petch can't you just leave this place willingly, or go off into Diras realm?"
Asked Ferrin cooly as he glared at the floating spirit before him.

" Because. I don't want the hooded man to see me. I can't really leave this place. I'm sort of... Bound to it kid. And I'm not going to visit Dira. Not yet anyhow."Replied the ghost. He floated over across the table to sit in the opposite side of the table. Mode or less to float. "Well, I'm not helping you. So the best you can do is leave. I'm sick of being posseed. Do you hear?" Exclaimed Ferrin reluctantly.

The ghost shimmered into nothingness though, his laughter echoed throughout the room. Until a knock came across the door to the room. Ferrin flinched and slowly got up walking over to the door, he turned the knob. The door responded with a creak and the echoes of laughter now vanished. Though, Ferrin had a feeling that he was still around. Calidus appeared from behind the door. "Hey." Said Ferrin as he gave out a blank stare. Calidus slowly nodded his head. He stepped inside the room. "Did you see him? I know he's here." Said Caldus without looking at Ferrin.

"Who's here? Er yes. I want him to go." Said Ferrin angrily. Calidus looked at Ferrin scanned him up and down as he turned. "Well, he's not here. You'll be fine for now. I'm making dinner. If you want to come down. I have heard of strange activity in the Purple Forest. About bandits and theives. Though, I think the spirits there have taken care of it. I am Calidus if ever you were wondering. Let's go get your friend. Shall we?" With that, Calidus nodded, took his leave and Ferrin followed to Garlands door. Maybe Garland had more luck than Ferrin?

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on June 16th, 2016, 10:10 am

Garland had been arguing quite verbally with his unwanted guest. The ghost had started poking him and prodding him with his left arm, and he could hear the child-like giggling in his head was maddening.

Squishy, pinchy, pokey flesh~ so floofy and bouncy!

"Please stop..." Garland groaned, but if anything, the pinching and poking seemed to have intensified. "Stop..."

Or what? You gonna hit me? You won't hit a girl would you?

"I think you're missing the point as to why I can't hit you. I'd be hitting myself to try and force you out, and that seems very counter-productive." Garland replied, his voice was calm, but inside he was about to burst at the annoyance.

As soon as the doors opened and Garland leaped up and ran over to the door and grabbed the mysterious man by the shoulder with his good hand. "Help me!"

Calidus stepped back, almost taking out a dagger in case Garland had attacked, but soon enough he saw what was happening. Garland's left hand started pulling on his ear.

"Ow ow ow ow!" Garland said as his left hand pulled him back into the room. Calidus simply stepped forward and stared at Garland, drawing the attention of his eyes.

It was the look of disappointment, and scolding of a parent. Like a stoic face staring at a child that was lying even though he knew the truth.

The ghost inside Garland sighed. Spoilsport!

With that the cold feeling inside Garland disappeared, and he had complete control of his bodily functions. Calidus simply stared, this time with his cold calculating eyes.

"Dinner will be ready soon. Please follow me."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next