Iron and Wine (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Iron and Wine (Open)

Postby Nya Winters on December 4th, 2009, 11:53 am

Nya nodded. What Terminus said made sense about Ivak... more followers did give Gods more power. She often imagined it as a net cast out over everyone, like a spider would weave, linking all things together. She felt that way about storms and wind, which never frightened her anymore, but rather kept her closer to Ivak. In that way followers of the same Gods were like brothers and sisters. She wished, for an instant, there were more followers of Zulrav around, people she could talk to and interact with.... but there weren't... not that she knew of.

So she remained silent, but thoughtful... glad for Leo and Terminus that they had each other in Syliras, even if they really didn't know it. Maybe there was another Zulrav follower out there she didn't know about yet. It was a nice thought, Nya decided, but probably not true. She knew Abashai felt a little isolated in Syliras as well, without Yahal's other faithful around him.

Nya nodded. They were going to the beach! She hurried and helped Terminus pack up the snacks, stowing them and the remainder of the wine away in her backpack. She felt a twinge of guilt that her bondmate wouldn't be joining them - for Abashai was busy. She thought he was helping a new Benshira family settle in Syliras today. Glav had asked him to give them a hand today because he both spoke their language and would know of how to satisfy their housing needs. It was hard, sometimes, to adapt from living in tents to living in walled cities. But Nya was pretty sure he wouldn't begrudge her a run on the beach with Terminus.

Once packed, she trotted along happily beside the Ivak follower, restless and bounding with excess energy, which usually meant she did need to run. Nya was smiles and causal converstation as they traversed the city, passed through the gates, and set off to make their way down the cliffs to the actual beach itself. She made casual converstation; the weather, the knights, a new seller she'd seen in the market.

Once they were outside though, she shed her shoes and slipped them into her backpack, until they found themselves walking the waterline. Nya occasionally left Terminus' side to chase seagulls, laughingly scattering the persistent coastal birds. Her frolicking showed him exactly how young she really was. Although her body looked to be a normal womans locked on the cusp of womanhood, hovering somewhere in her late teens... her mind was the casual bright beauty of a playful adolescent. She delighted in small finds - bright colorful stones, pieces of shell, storm tossed glass. Terminus could suddenly see, if he gave it any thought at all, why Nya's bondmate hesitated and kept her at arms length.

Outside of the city she was freer, a wild thing trapped in a human shell. It was as obvious as day was to night the difference. She took his hand laughingly and dragged him down the high water mark from clumps of seaweed to washed up flotsum of other sorts. She laughingly stomped the water bladders of the seaweed clumps to pop them and squealed in mock fright over the slimy alien jellyfish that littered the beach harmlessly.

With unfailing energy, she fled from incoming waves and fiercely ran them off retreatingly back into the sea.

And as they walked further from the city, where they were alone, Nya at last shed her clothing, backpack, and eventually her human flesh to take her normal form. Forest cats came in a multitude of colors. Some were the deepest black of night. Others were the bright shiny tawnyness of sun-kissed sand and of course everything in between. But Nya's coat was brindled, an interwoven mixture of browns, blacks, greys and sands. She had a spotted patterning that broke up her profile and would make her even more elusive in the sunlight dappled underbrush of a tall forest. And she was big, far larger than he might have suspected. Easily the size of a horse, the great cat frolicked just as easily as a normal cat would. She stalked Terminus, lept over him, bounded around him, and chased seagulls with even more abandon. He could have sworn he saw her catch a few, gulping them easily down in just a bite or two.

And she played in the waves, crazy with a love of the water and the bright foam the waves tossed in. There was a joy in the girl, a sheer delight to be alive that even showed through in her wilder form. And although she was shifted, her green eyes were still bright with intelligence and eagerness to take on life. And strange as it seemed, Nya seemed to include Terminus in her joy, circling around him, never leaving him for long, even as she dog-like brought him sticks she thought he might like to burn or that would make good tinder for the fire they'd have later.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Terminus Norin on December 5th, 2009, 3:53 am

Terminus had been rubbing Nya's belly while she quietly listened to him expound on Ivak and other oddities of his life. He felt as she thought...that he and Leo were like brothers as they were both Azenth, hoever he knew that Leo's goals would differ from his as that was the normal way of things. He could see that she was thoughtfull about something, but he did not ask at this time because right about then she asked about the beach and he said yes.

Her exuberance at the thought of going for a run at the beach showed in her rush to get things cleared anc packed so that they could go. He chatted with her lively as they walked to the gates, he reflected that the next time they did anything like this, they should ask Abashai to come along, he would like to meet the man fortunate enough to have bonded with this extraordinary being. But that would have to wait as she had said he was busy this day and he was anxious to have some time to play with her in her natural form. Though the idea has a little trepidation for him knowing she was unusually large in that form. But as he said she was Nya no matter how large she was so he wasn't truly afraid...simply unsure of the logistics of this venture.

The proceeded down the cliffs to the beach, it had been years since he had been at the edge of the Suvan Sea, it was as beautifull as he remembered it. Nya had since shed her shoes and had begun frollicking at the waters edge, chasing the seagulls as if she were much younger than she appeared which was as a young woman in her teens, she appeared now to be more the adolescent, though her intellect was that of a more mature woman,. He delighted with her in her small finds and even when he could keep up joined her in her search for the small trinkets. If this was how she truly was , he could see why Abashai kept her at a bit of a distance it would be hard to be intimate with someone who appeared to still be a child. He was able to see that Nya was not exactly a child..more childlike.

He observed her becoming more and more a wild thing...more what she was as they got further from the city, it was like watching a caged animal suddenly set free. He chased waves with her and stomped on seaweed bladders, laughing himself as her mood was infectious. He hadn't felt so free and a long time.

Finally it was time for her to shift, he turned as she shed her clothes, having his own modesty in this matter, however it wasn't long before she had shed more than her clothes. He turned round to face the largest forest cat he had ever seen. His eyes took in her new form, easily the size of a small horse, he memorized each detail of her coat, the brindling being similar to that of her hair..to him she was beautifull and noble in this form and his body language and smile showed this.

He smiled and laughed affectionately and openly as the great cat frollicked as any smaller cat would...even with more grace in his mind. She stalked him and bounded over him, chasing the gulls with more abandon, and when she caught and devoured them in a few gulps he did not flinch, this was natural for her and therfore not abhorant to him. He watched as her zeal for life was even more maginified in this form and her brigth green eyes showed her ijtelligence and eagerness for life...once he saw them he could not doubt that she was the same Nya he spoke with in the glade. Even as the great cat she stayed close by Terminus,circling him and bringin him deadwood for the fire he would create later. When she passed close enough for him to touch her, he did gently at first, allowing himself to feel the textures of her coat again expressing his affection for her through his touch.

Once they had played for a long while , he began to assemble the wood into a passabe firepit he constructed out of rocks, bringing small leaves and used papers he had for tinder. He then spoke to Nya, figuring the great cat understood him even if he did not speak cat

Nya, I have to start this fire using Reimancy, I must concentrate and be undisturbed till the fire catches. I will seem to ignite it using my finger, but its really the magic. Once the fire catches I will dance for you. Please remain in whatever form you are most comfortable in.I also will have to dance nude as I havet yet developed fireproof clothes

Once she had settled, he closed his eyes and began to concetrate on locateing the Djed in him it was flowing through him like a stream, smooth and controlled, he summoned it and felt it submit to his will. He then forced it to center in his left index finger and foreed it to form Res feeling the transformation of the Djed from an energy to a visible gas. He forced it our the skin of his finger and concentrated it...forming an aura of silvery gas around it. he then inserted his finger into the pile of wood, into the tinder. he then ignited the outer most portion of it creatng a small flaming aura around his finger, at this close distance his controll was sure. he proceeded to ignite the tinder and some of the kindling wood before snuffing out the flame and releasing the unused Res that was outside and retransforming the internal Res back to Djed. The fire was soon crackling merrily and he was ready to begin.

He stripped himself of his clothing, knowing that if he didn't he would have more tropubleexplaining the lack there of of them when they returned. He then knelt and offered a prayer to Ivak, dedicating this dance to him and stepped into the flames..which werent intense as he could still feel the heat and didn want to be over whelmed. His dance was at first a few steps, shuffling his feet to a rhythmn only he could hear and then as the flames crackled...whic to him was music he began to whirl and gryate and move his feet rhythmicly, leaping and spinning. The dance was complex and yet simple, his worship of his god fueling his passion in the dance. He passed through the flames, weaving an intricate pathway, then lept for joy as the flames seemed to crackle with his moves. Then after a while, the heat got to him and he had to take a break, donnign his clothes after a short cooling period

That Nya is firedancing, its very popular in Tthe region Abashai is from. Not so much here in Syliras though. he dug in his pack and found water to drink,cooling his thirst with the sweet liquid. His skin radiated the heat of the flames, but there was not a mark on him except a little soot.
Its not wheither you win or lose but how you play that counts
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Words: 63849
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2009, 4:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on December 9th, 2009, 4:06 am

She was enjoying the day, that much was for certain. Playing with Terminus got her out of the city and made her relax in a way she hadn't for days. She missed Abashai and wished he'd join them, but Nya knew she'd be able to talk him into a frolic soon enough. Terminal's company was good, perfect in fact, and she made no secret of her pleasure of being out in the relative wilderness of coastal Sylira. Probably the best part about Terminus was that he was so accepting. It was a feeling she normally only associated with Abashai, and then that acceptance came with conditions. It wasn't something Nya minded truly, but it was something that was lacking in Terminus' friendship. He didn't conditionalize things. But then again, Nya suspected her bondmate held pain close to himself that he rarely talked about which this man before her didn't. Plus, they were different in ages... Terminus was younger while Abashai had traveled more, isolated from his people. In that the two men were alike, both isolated. She decided she'd have to get them together as soon as possible. Abashai needed male companionship too, and perhaps Terminus was just the sort that might keep him a bit better company than Nya herself could be at times.

When they got to the place Terminus decided they'd stop, Nya helped him gather firewood, and while he got ready, she ran back down the beach and retrieved her things in her cat shape. When she got back to the bonfire, it was lit, and she shifted back to her human form and dressed while Terminus stripped and started his dance.

Nya appreciated the fact that she felt like she was witnessing a prayer via fire. It was hard to explain, but Terminus' dancing lead her to believe that his movements, each stretch, each twist, and the whirling fire was all a sort of tribute to Ivak. She sat quietly while darkness fell, legs folded under her, and watched with a rapt attention that seemed to add to Terminus' honoring of his God. The man's naked body did not bother her though she did find it graceful and elegant. She loved how he passed through the flames, leaping and twisting, at home with his element. Nya hoped for the same sort of bonding with the winds one of these days, but there'd have to be a lot more work on her part before she'd come anywhere close.

When Terminus was done, she handed him a waterskin from her pack, and smiled softly. "That was absolutely beautiful. It was... like a prayer." Nya said sincerely, tilting her hair and letting her hair fall off to one side.

"Will you tell me something of the history of firedancing? I... find myself always curious about where Abashai is from. He doesn't often talk about his homeland, and I like hearing about it."
Nya said gently, hesitantly. Talking about Eyktol was a subject she was used to curbing her tongue about. It was a place she wanted to go to sometime, to see the Benshira and learn about the people who dwelled with almost no water.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on December 9th, 2009, 5:12 am

Terminus loved spending time with Nya, she was so open and genuine which was refreshing to him. She also accepted him for who he was..totally for who he was and that was rare and wizardry and Ivak worship usually were not looked on with favor and he embodied both. He could have told of her pleasure in being out here in the wilderness where she was at home even if she was not so open in showing it, it radiated from her like a firey beacon.

Once they settled and he had started his fire, he could hear the soft rustling of clothes indicating that Nya had resumed her human shape...which he better understood as her shape as the great cat was her natural form. He understood Kelvics better after this day on the beach...they were animals that took human forms and Nya was a wonderfull example of how they could be intelligent and wonderfull creatures.

His dance was as Nya deduced, a prayer and act of worship, his mother was a Tuvalik and devoted to showing her dedication toward Ivak by this form of dance..he had always suspected she was marked too, though her Gnosis was stronger as she seemed to be able to make fires out of little without aid of a magic like Reimancy or Pyromancy. His father however seemed to know where to be when volcanic events happened..and he was a wizard and could manipulate such happenings so Terminus suspected them to be twice marked as rumors of such favored attributed such powers to that level of Gnosis.

After he had finished , he came to Nya's side to cool off and seemed unashamed of his state of dress as it was more normal to him since clothes didnt survive the fires very well. However after he was cool enough, modesty prevailed and he dressed. He smiled his thanks to Nya as she handed him a waterskin and took a deep drink.

Very perceptive Nya as it *is* a prayer, my mother taught me to pray in this manner, she is a firedancer too.

He smiled and nodded
I would be happy to however it is a long history, going back many years. My mothers bloodline is called the Tuvalik and from what I have gathered, Tuvalik was from one of the races in the Eyktol region, I know he wasnt Benshira as the majority of them worship Yahal. His devotion to Ivak was so great that he could cause Volcanoes to erupt and stop the Earth from shaking it was said. However he chose to show his devotion to Ivak by entertaining the people by dancing, much as you saw me do, except his dances were far more intricate and complex. I myself have never been to Eyktol, but would like to go there to be where my roots originated..well part of them anyway.

He smiled at the thought of entretaining in Eyktol, where foredancing orginated . Firedancing is very poular among the desert dwellers as they endure such heat daily and especially to watch someone like myself who is unharmed by the flames. The method and dance is varied and depends on the individual, but the end result is usually worship of Ivak. Does that answer your question?

He smiled softly and said, I cant thank you enough for your companionship this day. Abashai is a very lucky man to have you for a bondmate, I find you intelligent, noble, gracefull and beautifull...in both your forms. I also love your ability to play, we should all take the time to play, you have retaught me that very important lesson...it makes me more balanced now.
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on December 11th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Nya nodded and smiled. "Yes, it does answer my question." The forest cat said as she rested in the sand, leaning back and looking thoughtfully at Terminus. There was a hint of jealousy in her eyes, which seemed strange, until she spoke. As always, the girls emotions were constantly readily readable in her features. "I wish there was a way I could so openly worship. Sometimes it does not seem enough to run in the wind or talk with breezes. It is so very nice that you have something that brings you so close to your God." She said gently, her mind thinking about bloodlines and how they were named after the people who became famous within them. "I have seen other Benshira dance. They are beautiful in what they do. It only makes sense those of them that worshiped Ivak took to adding fire to their routine." Nya said softly, wistfully. "They are a beautiful people... those benshira... especially their women." She sighed, shifting so her knees were folded up under her, and arched her back to sit with perfect posture and shook her head like a cat with something bothering its ear. "Too perfect..."

Nya smiled at his last words... but shook her head. "No, thank you. I have talked about things I have not talked to anyone with today. It is a nice feeling, to have someone to speak with about things that make me afraid or somehow make me feel smaller. I feel smaller sometimes, like I judge Abashai too harshly... like I crowd his space too much. He has such a spirit, I just want to be within it, and its not my place to decide such things. He knows best what is good for him. You, Terminus, make me feel better for all that I am small in my thinking." She said rising suddenly because the sun was all the way down and it was getting dark. She reached a hand out, as if offering him a hand up, and smiled.

"Tell me... is there someone you think of like I think my bondmate thinks of someone? Why do you have no mate? You should have one... I'll help you find one if you like. Someone strong and fiery, like yourself... though gentle. I would know just who to look for!"
She said, seemingly excited suddenly though he'd realize fully what it was. For Nya, the hunt was everything. This was just another hunt... another way to be who she was.

The forest cat wearing a human woman's shape grinned cat-like with her bright green eyes glittering with mischief. The prospect of finding a female for Terminus sounded like a really good idea.

But as the night swept over the beach, abruptly, like it did in Syliran Winters, Nya glanced around. "But not tonight. A mate should be sought in the daylight so you can get a good look at her! He will be worried if I do not return. And I am not certain he ate anything so I need to head back and make sure there is soup or something. Will you walk me back? I would like to see you safe back to the city. And... I'd really like to bring Abashai to meet you. Perhaps we can bring music and dancing, with and without fire" She said liking the idea.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on December 12th, 2009, 12:00 am

Terminus listened as Nya said he had answered her question, he also noted the look of jealousy as she spoke. He had to wonder why it was there and then she spoke the emotions she was already showing. It all became clear to him that she simply loved her god andwished to show her intimacy with him in an open manner. He knew that his form of worship came from an extention of his Gnosis and he wondered if she could do the same.

Well Nya Tuvalik simply used his Gnosis in a manner more open than others. I dont knoe about your level of Gnosis, but perhaps in the abilities Zulrav has given you there is one that could proclaim your devotion openly.

He also noted the words and emotions that she didnt openly show as she spoke of Benshira women, The softly spoken words Too perfect spoke volumes. He hoped that Abashai would understand that her nature required a bit more demonstration of love than his did and he would show the love he was sure the Benshiran had for her openly so that she didn't feel so small. He smiled and took her hand in his, not interlacing their fingers as for him that would be too intimate and chuckled

Dear Nya..I thought I had found my mate in Sura, she was firey yet cool when she needed to be, gentle yet playfull and beautifull like the stars in the Syliran sky. She had long dark hair and peircing blue eyes that seemed to see everything. She was intelligent and had a rapier sharp wit and could be loving and feminine when the need arose as well as comfortable out in the wilds. But the one thing she lacked was the acceptance of Ivak, she rejected him as the destroyer and therefore me as his servant.

He smiled crookedly, The irony of it is that you are the first to not judge me for Ivak...and you are already bonded. But if you wish to I won't object to your trying to find a mate for me He knew she was looking forward to the hunt and he wouldn't deny her that...who knew, maybe she would find the one he couldn't.

He nodded as she spoke of going back and of bringing Abashai to meet him. I would like it if you could arrange a meeting after all he and I have one thing in common already...we have you in our lives.

Holding her hand he headed back to the city.

OOC:Thats about a wrap unless you have more to add Nya
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cayenne on December 12th, 2009, 1:42 am

What a great thread! I enjoyed reading it - lovely character development and writing.

I hereby award Nya Winters Lore of Ivak and Terminus Norin Lore of Kelvics and 2 XP in Firedancing.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nya Winters on December 12th, 2009, 1:42 am

Nya rose with the help of Terminals outstretched hand, and together headed back to Syliras with him to make sure she got back to Abashai before he truly worried. Along the way, she smiled in a soft sort of silly very feminine way... and looked at him once, twice, then slightly speculatively.

"You know, you would make a very fine bondmate. I have the very best one ever, but I suspect you and Abashai are each other's equal in many ways. And you know, there are other kelvics in the world. I know one... a very special one who is very shy but very lovely too. She is a very special friend to me and braver than I think Sura is, because this kelvic soars above the clouds in a larger than life way. And when you soar so high, you learn to see the bigger picture. I will bring her, for I very much wish her to meet Abashai. But with you there, she will not think to steal my bondmate from me for she is pretty like a Benshira though she says she is from the north and the ice people."

So there it was... Terminus was already part of a hunt long before the kelvic had let him know that he was. And he would probably realize, if he had half as much intelligence as Nya gave him credit for, that part of this afternoon - though it had been about Nya and him - had been about an interview for someone else. Someone Terminus had no idea about. And so the kelvic cat laughed, holding her human shape because laughter was best expressed as a human, as she gratefully let the Ivak follower walk her home.

ooc: Thanks Cayenne!
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes