Pursiuing Justice (Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 18th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Title and Date

Ferrin watched in slight amusement and mainly confusion. He didn't know what Garland was doing as Calidus opened the door to his room. He was pulled back as if a certain force controlled him. Ferrin shivered uncomfortably as he watched Garland. Calidus stepped in the room as Garland pleaded for help. Ferrin looked at the hooded figure beside him and studied him for a tick and Garland seemed to be better. Well, more functional.

"Dinner will be ready soon. Please follow me." Said Calidus as he motioned for the two squires to follow. "Well, at least we'll have a story to tell." Said Ferrin to Garland as the hooded man took lead again. The three traversed downwards the same spiral staircase that they had gone up towards the kitchen. Well, what's supposed to be the kitchen.

"Excuse me?" Asked Ferrin to Calidus in a polite manner not bothering to touch the man. Calidus hmmed. And didn't look back. They were closer to the bottom now. "What's your name, Mr?" Asked Ferrin curiously. "My name is Calidus." He said simply in a dark whisper.

The torch-lit halls flickered faintly. The spirits must be tinkering with them. Upset that they couldn't possess the new guests. "Nice to er ah meet you." Choked Ferrin nervously. He didn't know why he was nervous. Usually, he'll try his best to stay calm. But, with his last experience of being posseed he dislikes these kinds of visits.

They rounded the same corridor and Calidus opened the doors which lead to the kitchen. "Here, sit." He said as he gestured the two squires to the seats by a molded and cracked wooden table. Dead plants and crumbs and gold pieces that are now rusted and could possibly crumble to dust by a touch were dispersed all over the table. Ferrin dusted his seat off before sitting. The chair creaked in response.

The hearth was set and the food being cooked inside the pot smelled decently well enough to eat. Garland took his seat and Ferrin dropped his volume to a whisper as Calidus went to cooking his food again. "Do you think he knows anything of the bandits that lurk here? We need to bring them forth to justice. By Syliras hand. We'll get them." Ferrin looked over at Calidus who was kneeling and stirring the broth.

He turned back to Garland giving him a curious look and observed the room once again. Now trying to understand how this man lives. It must be rough living here for so long. Talking to yourself, ghosts. Whoever."Thank you Calidus for your hospitality. You haven't seen any of those bandits we mentioned earlier, have you?" Asked Ferrin curiously. There was another echie of laughter coming from down the hall that creeped Ferrin out.

"I am glad you have asked." Said the man slowly. "I have received a report of a few bandits lurking inside my Purple Forest. If you'll assist me, I can give you two a share of coin. Well, I'll appreciate it if you won't tell anyone of my existence. That is." Said the man without looking back. He poured in a few spices and other ingredients. The aroma pushing through the room more so. Ferrin looked over at Garland. "Should we? He does know the location of the bandits..." He said in a whisper.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on June 22nd, 2016, 4:42 pm

Garland was relieved to have been free from an annoying ghost, but he still felt he was being watched. Nothing he could do about it now, he wasn't a medium.

Garland followed behind the hooded man and usually he would be armed with his sword and ready to slice anything that tried to sneak up on him, but most of the inhabitants here are ghosts.

The walls were old, covered in spider webs and dust. Even though it was dusty, dirty and decrepit, Garland found it calming, the only normal thing right now was how horribly old and messy this place was.

Eventually the two of them sat down at an old table, it looked like most of it was old and rotting away, but the legs were a bit younger than the table itself, it seemed Calidus repaired some of the furniture he was using.

Also Calidus wasn't a good carpenter by the looks, or at least compared to the woodwork of the other furniture. The legs were simple straight sticks stuck on the table, while the sides of the table, even though mostly rotted, show that it had a design of some sort.

"Even if he doesn't know anything of the bandits, I don't doubt that he wouldn't join us, bandits trespassing in his home, anyone with an able sword-arm would want to drive them out."

Calidus was not really a warm host, but he didn't give off the malicious intent Garland had expected from someone living with ghosts. Instead he felt a strange feeling of tiredness from him, but he hid it well.

Calidus went off and filled three bowls with some broth and placed them in front of the squires. "I apologize for the food, it was all I could do on short notice." He said and brought out a few wooden spoons.

"It's fine, Sir. We are trespassing in your home unannounced, we should be thankful for your hospitality." Garland smiled and looked over to Ferrin. "I think he's our best chance, I don't know about you my friend, but I was lucky the ghost that possessed me wasn't too malicious. In fact, if we didn't have Calidus to help us, I would have bargained with the ghost just to prevent other more malicious ghosts from taking over my body. That is how ghosts work, right? Two ghosts can't control one body."

"The two would have a battle of wills, and whoever wins gets control of the body, but you are correct, for someone not well-versed in the art of spritism, that might be the best way to avoid more... unfriendly ghosts." Calidus replied and brought out a half empty bottle of wine and three cups.

Garland nodded and took the cup while Calidus poured him a drink. "I would very much like to have Mister Calidus join us for the hunt, I have no doubt we'd be able to fight off bandits easily, but not ghosts or spirits."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 24th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Title and Date

Ferrin looked around the table, the feeling of ghosts continuously patrolling this keep kept him on edge. He knew that they were all watching. Watching. Watching, and watching. Hiding. Hiding behind the shadows, readying to jump inside the two squires at any moment. It was... Scary.

That's all Ferrin had to think about. Was how scary possession is. Last season; Ferrin was possessed by an overly compulsive Jamora spirit. Though, Ferrin managed to avoid being manipulated by it completely, it still roams the city of Syliras. At least that is what he believes. He can't remember much of what happened though. It was all so dark.... Or he didn't choose to not remember it.

A battle of wills? For control of a body that's not even theirs? They must be insane. Surely. When in doubt you'd be crazy enough to even allow one spirit inside your body, let alone two. "So, if you do not have a spiritist like yourself around, and one is possessed. How would one find a way to avoid full manipulation?"

As Calidus apologized for his fairly cooked soup. He handed the two of them a wooden spoon each and a half drunken bottle of wine. Ferrin would gladly drink some wine right now. He's not much of a heavy drinker, he's not much if a drinker at all.

"Good, good. A spiritist around is one of the best ways to have the spirit flee the body. Though, if the one being posseed has the will courage if avoiding any sort of possession would have the capability of persuading the spirit out. Though, if the ghost comes back, you should go fetch the nearest spiritist in your area. If you come and get me, I can not leave. My place is here. Though; I bet there are fellow spiritists near here within... Syliras am I right?"

Calidus spoke with true intent. He did have knowledge of ghosts and spiritism. Learning about it, made Ferrin become eager; slowly though. The thoughts of ghosts roaming the inside of this keep still tingled uncontrollably within him. He wanted to leave, though knowingly it would be a mistake to do do as he'll probably encounter one of those agonizing spirits."I think there are some spiritists here in Syliras. If I'm not mistaken. Thank you for the food Caldius. It's certainly better than what I can cook. That is for sure."

Responded Ferrin. He gripped the wooden handle of the spoon and dipped the base of it in the steaming warm soup. A little splatter escaped out of the bowl as he did so. Scooping the spoonful in his mouth, the sensation tingled in his throat and down. Warming his body from the chilling feelings he has inside.

He of course relinquished the spoon out of his mouth and co tinued to slowly but quick enough to not make him appear as if he were some aging sloth. Occasionally taking a few sips here and there with the wine. Ferrin stopped. Looking once over at the hooded man, and once to Garland. "Alright then we set off soon. You do know of the location yee?" Asked Ferrin slowly.

"Yes; I have been told of their location within the Purple Forest. Let's eat our dinner first and then we can go." Replied the hooded figure darkly. Ferrin waved the thoughts off as he figured Calidus has been getting slightly annoyed. Ferrin finished his bowl, it wasn't a quick finish as he was keeping it slow after a few chimes and all. "I'll go get my stuff and I'll meet you back down. Garland, you coming?"

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on June 30th, 2016, 2:36 am

Ferrin said he was going to head back up and gather his equipment. Garland didn't really have time to remove his armor before the ghost took over his body, besides ghost or no, it was still a woman in the room and he wasn't planning on undressing even if it was just his armor.

"Go ahead I already brought my gear here." Garland said and drank the wine Calidus poured. It was quite a good wine, probably been sitting here for a few hundred years.

After a little bit Ferrin came back down with his gear and they were ready to go. Calidus took the lead, a hood covered his face and a scythe rested on his shoulders, on the back of his belt there were a few small pouches filled with spiristist knickknacks, and a few daggers, though they looked more like decoration than anything else.

"Hmmm... I've heard when I was a wee child that a dark undying spirit lived in the Lavender ruins. The people would call him the Reaper of souls. I'm guessing the stories were true then Mister Reaper?" Garland said, though the two squires couldn't see the man's face, Garland imagined that Calidus gave a barely noticeable curl of the lips.

The three of them walked through the woods, the eerie purple mist from before from the outskirts of the forests were much thicker here. Calidus took out a lantern and lit it. He had no trouble travelling the forest he had lived so close to for years, this was more for the squire's benefit.

Calidus kept silent though and motioned for the squires to keep silent using Ekeldi. The two of them wouldn't know about that sign language, but they would have seen a few knights give similar commands and gestures.

"Where did you learn that?" Garland asked, not really understanding the gestures. Calidus sighed, he had forgotten that the two Sylirans he was with were just squires not knights.

"Quiet..." He said in a low whisper, in the distance, a bright light shown guiding the way to some camp. If Calidus wasn't here, the two of them would have been lost as soon as they stepped into the treeline, and would most likely run towards the closest sign of life.

Calidus walked slowly towards the light, the soft yellow glow of the fire started turning red, darker and darker the closer the trio got. Eventually the fire erupted into a column of bright red flame, threatening to burn the forest down.

A figure clad in dark leather and a cloak jumped out from the mist and aimed a mortally wounding strike. Calidus extended his scythe forward, between Garland and the figure's blade. Garland got a good look at the man's eyes, they were blank and filled with rage at the same time. Two souls fighting for dominance over the body.

Calidus thrust the man away from Garland and waited. Garland drew his sword and five more figures walked out from the mist and surrounded them. All of them having some sort of crude weapon, a rusty axe or chipped blade, but they were still a deadly lot, and who knows what kind of power the spirits have given the bodies.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 2nd, 2016, 3:44 am

Title and Date

"Hmmm... I've heard when I was a wee child that a dark undying spirit lived in the Lavender ruins. The people would call him the Reaper of souls. I'm guessing the stories were true then Mister Reaper?"

Ferrin listened to Garland as he struggled a bit to get his blade in its holster and the longbow, quiver, and shield was a challenge. Ferrin managed to get it all on as they passed through two large doors.

The hooded figure, Calidus was using hand gestures. Ekeldi. Ferrin didn't know it, though he could understand that he wanted the two to be quiet. The man didn't have to use weird signals to tell them to be quiet. Well, Ferrin at least.

"Quiet..." Whispered Caldius darkly. The purple mist intensified, though it wasn't the purple light that shown bright. It was a light of a camp fire. From what Ferrin could see as they walked through the Purple Forest. Ferrin nodded, he kept his pace a bit behind Calidus.

The three reached the edge of the treeline, but this area was smothered by mist and fog. It was challenging to see, almost immediately, a man swathed in a dark cloak had jped and thrust his blade toward Garland. Calidus was faster and intercepted the strike. The cloaked man that attacked Garland was pushed aback.

Then, five more figures dressed in the same attire showed up. All of them had white pearl eyes. They glared and awkwardly held up their weapons. It looked even, two against each one of them?

"I thought reports only mentioned a couple. . . did they multiply?" Asked Ferrin to no one in particular. Calidus scoffed and Ferrin withdrew his blade, a shortened broadsword.

"It's even. We must release the spirits from the hosts. This would be difficult. But, if their are more than one spirit in each body. Those would be battling each other. As said before. If you must need to, hurt the hosts. You said they were bandits anyways."

Calidus didn't express any other emotion but content. Ferrin was sure he could've seen a smirk across his face. "Garland, did the reports say to kill them?" Asked Ferrin lazily almost. "Anyways, let's take them down. We can do it for sure." Said Ferrin with a toothy smile. One of excitement.

Each man claded in cloaks and dark clothing bore wicked crazy weapons. Chipped axes, battle-axes, curved blades. As if they were some on land pirates or something. "We each take two, then." Said Ferrin glumly. He was unsure if he wanted to have fun with this, or that he just wanted to make things easier on himself. Either way, they still had to fight them.

"I'll take the two on the left-"

"Okay, got it. We should just fight them. But, even if their bodies will give up from exhaustion, the spirits wouldn't care."Said Caldius. This brought Ferrin back to a moment at a Storehouse within Syliras. Rotted animals were used by those ghosts. It freaked Ferrin out. He didn't know what to do, really. Then, he was possessed by a Jamouran. It felt like he was being violated. It was cold. That's what he could remember. Cold and horrid.

Ferrin took risk with the two men on the left. Since, Calidus was on Ferrins right and Garland was on his right. It only made sense.

The two men Ferrin risked with, pushed backward a bit, closer into the light. Ferrin knew what they were doing. They were trying to push him away from his longbow and quiver that was on the ground. Ferrin didn't mind. They probably figured that he was better with the longbow. It only made sense. In a way.

Each man bore some sort of axe. One had the chipped battle axe and another. A rusted wood cutter axe. It didn't look like much, but they were probably both experts on their weapons, perhaps. The one with the battle axe, swung at Ferrins shield. Block. The other, swung for Ferrins exposed leg where Ferrin had his sword. The man hoped to catch him off guard. Ferrin managed a parry, but he stepped aback. Trying to give himself room. Calidus and Garland seemed to be taking on some hard adversary's as well.

Ferrin swung his blade at the man with the chipped battle axe. The strike wa parried, the other man swung wildly at Ferrins shield, once again. The wood cutting axe splintered. It splintered from the hardened force of the swing and of course the contact. If it hit Ferrin, he would have been splintered. Fortunately, he had his shield with him from the start.

The battle continued, from punches to axe swings, blacks and sword thrusts. Ferrin wondered how long he could keep up. Until, he managed a good long swipe, just under one of the bandits feet.

The man flipped over and moaned. Ferrin grinned and focused his attention on the other bandit. He thrusts his blade into the stomach of that one. The sound was awkward. It was almost a weird squeaking swooshing sound as the blade pierced the man's body. A spirit flew out of him. "Calidus!" Screamed the ghost as it fled deeper into the woods. As for the other man, on the ground. His spirit that possessed him seemed to have fled awhile ago. He was on the ground just moaning. Ferrin whacked him against the head with his hilt.

Panting, he looked over to Garland, the skirmish had taken more than a few chimes. "Well, at least. . . we didn't die."

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on July 3rd, 2016, 3:57 pm

Garland pulled out his crossbow and fired a bolt right into the chest of one of the possessed bandits. The bandit lurched back, but kept standing, it seemed unaffected by it.

Garland tossed the crossbow to the side and held his sword with two hands, Ferrin was right, he left his shield back at the ruined castle. Cautiously he held his ground while two black leather clad bandits rushed at him with weapons drawn.

They seemed like the bandits if they broke free would have been quite strong, even go so far as skilled with their weapon of choice, no matter how ill-kept they were. But while possessed, they seemed much more sluggish than usual.

It was surprising that one of them managed to get the jump on him. Garland thrust his blade forward, making the possessed body dodge to the right, and with a small smirk, Garland bashed his shoulder into the man and started a heavy charge, pushing the bandit into a tree with a heavy thud and slam.

The other one took the opportunity and drove his rusty axe right into Garland's shoulder. Garland gave an annoyed angry grunt and turned around, almost unphased by the axe sticking out of his shoulder.

The axe wasn't exactly in his shoulder but was stuck on the plate mail, although the weapon itself did break skin and a bit of blood was oozing inside his armor.

Garland's hand rushed towards the assailant's neck at an alarming speed. The heavy gauntleted hand wrapped around bandits neck. The brigand started choking as Garland squeezed harder and harder, feeble attempts of trying to push him away only made him squeeze harder.

Life seemed to leave the body, or maybe it was the spirit, either way the body went limp and Garland tossed it to the side.

The one that was rammed into the tree had fallen unconscious, and the one Garland strangled could either be dead or alive. He turned to Ferrin with an annoyed frown and he pulled out the axe in his shoulder. "It doesn't matter if they die or not. They either get executed, put in the tank, or go to the mines."

Calidus was done much earlier than the two squires, the bandits fighting him were literally torn in half, it was a gruesome sight, but it seemed like a quick death at least.

"Well, three out of six ain't bad."

Calidus went over to the one Garland had strangled and bent over to check the pulse. "Two out of six." He said and turned to the squires. "We should return to the ruins. Follow me."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 6th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Title and Date

"Alright..." Said Ferrin weakly. He didn't understand why. Though, he thought that they could use the bandits that are kept unconscious for Interrogation. But, he kept quiet and had taken one last look before he went over to his hunting stuff. Looting the tents would do them no good now. After all, what values could bandits possibly hold?

It took at least half a bell or a quarter to a bell for them to walk back through the Purple Forest and towards the Lavender Ruins. They made there way through the courtyard once more. A deer flew by with speed as it saw the trio wander past. Ferrin missed hunting. He liked the scenery, and the wild life. He'd do anything to stay out in the Bronze Woods for a few days. If it means to not be killed.

Ferrin followed silently. The sight of the men with the pearl white eyes still lodged deeply within his memory. It was spooky. Very spooky. Ferrin was just glad to get out of that place. He was, really. He needs to rest. He wants to sleep. He wants to, but he doesn't want to sleep within this keep of Calidus.

Ferrin wasn't trying to be judgmental or anything, but he had had enough of ghosts and spirits and anything related. He wants to sleep, but he just can't right now. He's walking of course, he's even thinking more about Jade than anything. He can't wait to see her once he gets back. He just can't wait. He's anxious. Ferrin sighed, he stepped on something. It sounded with a loud crunch and Ferrin jumped back in awe. It was a skull, hurried above the dirt. Now, it was half a skull as Ferrin stepped in it.

"How long has this place been like this?" Asked Ferrin to Calidus as they kept walking. Calidus did not look back, he opened the doors and lead them in. "Long before the Valterrian war. This keep used to be a lively and well kept place. Until it was bombarded." Said the hooded man as they were being lead back into the kitchen. "I would take you to a common room, but of course. . . spirits. They enjoy that room. No matter how much I clear. They come back with more." He said glumly. He poured a glass of wine for each of them and set them on the table once again.

Ferrin took his seat, next to Garland. Out of everyone he knows, he limits his trust to just Garland, Jade, and his Uncle Ser Xervos. Their are others that he knows, but some of them he does trust, but not fully. Or some of them he doesn't trust.

"So, Mr. Caldius. What can you tell us about spiritism? That's what this is, right? How do you handle each ghost?" Asked Ferrin. He sipped wine from his glass.

"Well, spiritists can not get possessed. It's important to know that for sure. It's a way of being a spiritist. I can create soulmist. It's a thing that I like to do some times." He took a small swig of his own glass of wine. "I can also use soulmist to conjure up a barrier. One that wards off ghosts of any level."

"Oh. . ." Said Ferrin in a half awe like tone. He switched over to Garland. "Garland? I haven't heard from you in awhile. What's been happening lately?"

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on July 8th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Garland carried one of the unconscious bandits on his shoulder. Garland didn't really use his weapons at all today now that he thought about it. His blade was as clean as when he polished it this morning.

Garland looked up to the sky and saw the sun setting down below the trees and over some hidden mountain or hill.

"We aren't really expected back today are we? It's kinda surprising we did this all before sunset." He said and walked into the ruined keep with Ferrin and Calidus. He placed the unconscious bandit on a chair and bound his hands and feet with some old curtains. "I forgot to bring rope." He said with a sheepish smile. "I brought two daggers hidden in my boots, a sword, a crossbow with at least twenty-five bolts, and a shield which I admitted I forgot that I left here. I'll be right back."

Garland raced back through the halls of the ruins and climbed up the stairs to the room he was in previously. As he entered the door he felt a cold run up his spine again, this time he was ready and held on to his own motor movements and kicked the ghost out of his body.

"Hmmpt! I just wanted to say 'hi'!" The annoying ghost called out from all around the room and promptly vanished. He picked up his shield and jogged back to the dinning area.

Garland sat down on the chair near the table. He stifled a yawn and listen to Calidus and Ferrin talk about ghosts. "Huh? Oh I was just busy thinking, and busy with the twins and work. Busy with everything really." Garland replied, feeling sore and the fatigue finally catching up on him. "Almost got sold to slavers recently might be the cause as to why I'm so busy." He gave a weak laugh and a yawn.

Calidus looked a long broken stained glass window, seeing the darkness falling quickly in the purple forest. "Can we make it back before it gets too dark?" Garland asked and stood up from his chair. "Your call Ferrin, we can stay here or leave. If we stay here we need to get the horses here in case monsters see them as easy prey."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 14th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Title and Date

Ferrin sat as Garland plopped the bandit on one of the moldy wooden chairs. "We aren't really expected back today are we? It's kinda surprising we did this all before sunset." Garland said as he bounded the bandit with curtains that seemed nearly brittle and could possibly crumble to dust at any moment in time. "Eh, we haven't really done this much I guess. It's alright Garland, as long as we'll bring one to justice. We're good." Said Ferrin with a slight chuckle.

He took a sip of his wine.

"Huh? Oh I was just busy thinking, and busy with the twins and work. Busy with everything really." Garland responded with a somewhat less excited notion of what Ferrin was hoping for."Almost got sold to slavers recently might be the cause as to why I'm so busy." Ferrin gasped. Garland could've been gone, and missing. Without him, since he has new children, what would've happened to those new twins of his?

"Oh..." Said Ferrin. Well, at least that wasn't as bad as Ferrins spring. The way his had gone, it was almost traumatic. "Well, anything beats than being almost sacrificed to Rhysol. And then at the end of Spring, almost being posseed by a psychopathic Jamourian spirit... Shimoje left too..." Said the Kenashian slowly as he gazed at his cup of wine. Waiting for Garland to speak.

"Can we make it back before it gets too dark?" Garland asked and stood up from his chair. "Your call Ferrin, we can stay here or leave. If we stay here we need to get the horses here in case monsters see them as easy prey

"If needed be we can't retrieve our horses and bring them here, but let's take watches on the bandit. Just to make sure he won't escape or anything in case he ever wakes up. We might need to gather whatever information we could get to know why there are so many of them about. Like what do they want and such. You ready to go get them, Garland? Calidus you don't mind watching this guy do ya?" Said Ferrin in a cordial, yet gleeful manner.

"Sure, why not. It gives me something to do." Responded the hooded man as he played with his dagger with boredom. "Okay Gar, let's go."

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on July 15th, 2016, 6:47 am

Garland nodded and took his weapons and walked out to get the horses with Ferrin. It seemed there were less ghosts the closer they were to the city.

Soon enough the two of them made it out to the woods and found their horses. Garland almost had to drag Tryn to the ruined keep, because the horse was so stubborn. Eventually they made it to the keep and to a run-down stable right near the castle.

Calidus motioned for Garland to guard the bandits while he set up some wards for the horses. Garland was a bit sleepy now that he thought about it. "Hey Ferrin, I think I'll head off to bed early tonight."

Garland sat down on the dinner table, along with the two now conscious bandits and Calidus. "Have dinner first, there was still some broth from earlier today. I could heat it up."

Garland nodded and yawned. He relaxed in his chair and waited for Calidus. The bandits were scared by the looks of it, most likely from Calidus the reaper, and the fact that two squires from Syliras were apparently with an immortal myth.

Garland would usually talk till it was late, since he had friends to talk to, but right now he was just tired. It had been a bell then Garland remembered what Ferrin said, like he heard the message but his brain only processed it recently. "You were almost sacrificed to a what!?" He yelled at suddenly at Ferrin, it was very abrupt and sudden yell.

"What do you mean you were almost sacrificed to Rhysol? How have I not heard of this?" He said, almost spitting out the soup from realization. "What happened? Who's the bugger that almost got you killed?"

All Ferrin needed to do was say the word and Garland would find whoever this guy was and make him regret ever harming Ferrin. Calidus finished eating and started cleaning up, the two bandits didn't get anything, but in case they were really hungry, Calidus had some stale bread and water somewhere in the kitchen.

After his outburst, the shock from before seemed to dissipate and the tiredness seemed to crawl back to him. "I really need to sleep now, mind if I head up to bed for the night?"

Calidus gave a nod and took the dishes to the kitchen to be cleaned. Garland slowly limped towards his room and slowly unclasping and removing his armor on the way and just dropped it on the floor of his room.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext