Closed Party-Crasher

(Chase Hunter)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Party-Crasher

Postby Aladari Coolwater on June 26th, 2016, 4:14 am

Despite the fact that his questions were completely sensible, Aladari couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that she wouldn't have a personal bodyguard all the time. She hadn't expected it- not really- but for a moment she had dreamt.

Now, in reality, she needed to work some things through. When would she need him? It would most likely be only when she was out gathering information, as that was what the arrangement was for. And, of course, emergencies. But how would she call him? He wouldn't always be around, but he would likely be close. Since she stayed by the docks, and he stayed by Tent City, they would never be too far from each other. But it was still a distance to be covered.

There was telepathy, but neither had the Gnosis marks or the money for the magecrafted items that would require. It was possible that no one had enough Mizas to afford that. A sort of flare might work, but it would also be expensive, and if someone didn't see the source, they might think her a reimancer. Aladari chilled at the thought.

There were signal mirrors available in the market. They were little shards of reflective material, used to flash lights to another in a sort of code. But those would only work within sight. She looked up at the man, slowly taking in the handful of exotic features. In pondering his predatory look, Aladari had a sudden thought.

"How you hear?" Even coming from her own mouth, the question sounded strange. She tried again. "I mean, how good you hear? Like a dog? Like a bat?" Without much thought she held up two fingers to her mouth and blew a shrill whistle. It was a skill she was taught during her sailing years, used to communicate urgent messages. Nowadays, it was the call for her mangy old dog, and used far less often, but she hadn't lost the skill yet.

"You can hear my whistle?" She racked her memory, trying to remember the series of codes. "Three long times is help. One long is for alert or call silence. Two is..." She shook her head. "I don't 'member. Is prob'ly not needed anyways. Just 'member the three whistles is help. This works?"

OOCThree long blasts from a whistle are universal code for "help me". Traditionally, two is "come here" and one is to confirm that you've heard the command, or to ask where the other person is. I figured we don't need all of those, especially since Chase likely won't have a whistle and Aladari doesn't have as good of hearing as Chase.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Party-Crasher

Postby Chase Hunter on June 29th, 2016, 12:55 am

Chase stood there smirking. Then his face turned vaguely puzzled as she questioned his abilities. She clarified; bringing a look of understanding, only for him to be confused again as she attempted to clarify her clarification.

Dog? Bat? How does that relate?

Chase then almost winced as a loud noise came from her mouth. But he would hear it from far away just as well. It seemed to suffice as a signal. He understood now that was her plan for him to help. He cocked his head as she tried to explain.

He eventually came to the point of understanding the situation. She would call him as she needed, using her high pitched noise something that he had only heard from her in this town. It would be unique and definitely identifiable. He could work with these conditions.

”Agreed. Anything else you will need before I place my hunt before you?”

Chase was thinking hard about how to present his hunt. It was important to get as much information as possible. He resumed that the easiest way would be to tell her everything important. She already knew that he was not weak, so he could show his issues, knowing that she could not take any advantages over it. Even if she did, he was stronger, faster, and more vicious than she was, and would be able to hunt her down in revenge as needed.
Chase Hunter
I am a Zith. I don't know anything else.

Words: 23668
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 1:31 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Party-Crasher

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 4th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Aladari could feel the man's eyes beating down on her with the heat of Syna. His gaze was intense, and so chilling that she could not help but shiver. Even his words, place my hunt before you..., were dark and ominous. In a slight hurry, Aladari shook her head.

"I could need a whistle- one not my hands- in case I have need of you when I cannot make my lips or fingers work the right way. But I will buy that on my own time. No need to worry you about that."

Aladari waved him off, trying to make sure his attention was not focused on her long. She did not like the idea of him watching her for too long, or letting his mind rest on her.

"The last thing is...What it is that you hunt?"

She knew he wanted information, and she knew he wanted to know where he came from, but she was not certain what this meant. Did he want her to do tracking work, and trace his path from Slaver's Row? Or did he want her to simply pass along rumors, or information surrounding suspicious peoples? Unprompted, she voiced her concerns.

"Do you look for rumors, or suspicious activities of people, or just information about Sunberth people? I only know few people in town, but I tell you what I know for now."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Party-Crasher

Postby Chase Hunter on July 6th, 2016, 1:47 am

Chase nodded in a general understanding. She would make something that made the same sound, or at least something similar in noise. This was a basic thing he could understand, though she seemed to include a large number of words that just repeated the information. He was used to short, succinct phrases. However, describing his own personal hunt would take some more words to describe his situation.

“I hunt for me. My history. My life before.” Chase stopped and tried to form the words in Common he’d need. To describe a loss of something so crucial to himself, it would require him to settle his mind.

”I rose from sleep few days ago. I knew nothing. Nothing from past. Months, gone. Last things I remember… I can’t focus on it. Few details. Father is human. Mother, Zith. These,” Chase rose his hands, showing the gauntlets, rotating them for her to see.

”These are from my father. Weakling. He kept me alive until I was strong. I spent time at the colony. I became real, alive. I am now Zith. Stronger. Faster. More.” Chase looked down at his hands, at himself, feeling the blood moving quickly, his fur pressed against the clothes, the wind blowing against the places where his fur was uncovered. Being the animal was his life now, it was the thing that kept him running.

”I know no more. Nothing else. I wake in this city. I know nothing for why. How. Where I was before. NOTHING.” Chase had started adding every word with an undertone of anger, clenching and unclenching his fists on every other word, the anger in his mind growing again. He finished his last word by punching the wall next to him.

He stopped and took several deep breaths in through his nose, waiting for that unreasonable anger to boil off. There was a point in being aggressive, confident, overbearing even. This anger was only ever fueled at his own inability to think, and it never was able to be controlled. He didn’t bother to look at her reaction. Probably was in half terror to run. But he wasn’t done talking. He swung his long hair over his shoulder, holding the end of it in his hand. The white tips startlingly standing in contrast against its normal black color.

”This white. It’s not my color. I don’t know why it is there. No info in my head.” Chase stopped and processed more through his mind.

”Someone took me here. Someone took my past. Find out who.” Chase nodded in finality, making sure he had mentioned everything. It was all he could think through at the moment. It was what he needed, and what she should know for it. In exchange, he would be able to at least direct his frustration into whatever dared to attack this small human woman. At least with this, things would become better. At least, that was what he wanted.
Chase Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Party-Crasher

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 9th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Aladari started at his suddenly aggressive voice. He was so angry, so bitter, but rightfully so. To lose one's entire history and their whole family- it was a horror that Aladari could not imagine. Her parents were so essential to her life and personality that she couldn't have been who she was without them.

There would have been no learning to sail. She'd have no Vani tongue in her mouth. She wouldn't have been taught of Morwen, whose Gnosis lay over her shoulder now. And most dramatic of all, she never would have been taught to fish- her entire livelihood.

"I...Sorry."

She had nothing else to say. There was no way for her to empathize, and no way for her to fix it. Except, of course, the help she had already offered.

"I will do the best." She promised.

To confirm the deal, Aladari knew there had to be some form of binding agreement. Especially in Sunberth, where people could turn on you in a tick, she needed to know that she was safe. She could barely write, and she doubted the Zith could either. So, in lieu of a knife with which to draw blood, Aladari spat into her hand and offered it, the way she had seen sailors do over and over.

"I think that this...this will be a good thing."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Party-Crasher

Postby Chase Hunter on July 19th, 2016, 4:48 am

Chase watched as the girl seemed to struggle for words to his problem. He ignored them. They meant nothing as far as fixing his problem. And sympathy for his problems would not do anything for the either. Nor do anything to ease his anger.

He was distracted momentarily as she spit her saliva onto her hand, and then held it out. Chase understood the concept of shaking hands. It was something humans did to seal a deal. Chase usually used it in order to begin his intimidation of them. But this seemed to call for something else.

Chase spit on his palm, and grasped her hand. It was a strange custom, but it seemed to work out to satisfy the exchange. Things were progressing, just as he needed.

END
Chase Hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Party-Crasher

Postby Konrad Venger on September 23rd, 2016, 9:58 pm

Chase

Grade Withheld due to Out-of-Date Ledger and Inactivity (two months)

Aladari

XP:
Observation - 3
Teaching - 1
Negotiation - 2
Intelligence - 1
Socialization - 2

Lore:
Sunberth: Wealth never comes Legitimately
The Basics of "Pig"
Chase: Surly, Furry Zith
The Zith: Born, Bat-Like Hunters
Negotiation: Securing a Zith's Services
Intelligence: Whistle Blasts for Communication

Click Me! :
Oh, now I KNOW I have to have a Flashback with you! This was very well-written and paced well enough that it never felt rushed. You need to focus a little more on your transitions, moving from table to bar to outisde, sometimes that gets skipped over a little. But the rest was great, and I LOVED Aladari's weird little rapport with the old lady.

Ah! Yes, that's the one problem I had here: "wealth" in Sunberth is, like you say, not innocent and thus it is never without protection. Even (well, especially) in a dive bar, there'd be no chance a rich old woman would be by herself. She'd have a bodyguard or two. Factor that into your plans next time, you sly hustler you. ;)

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4