PM to join Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Sayana and Shiress -unfortunately- meet again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Postby Shiress on June 30th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Summer 70

Like a dancing, black smudge on a light blue canvas, the bird swooped, dove, and then soared; disappeared beyond the tree line; reappearing above a chime later to continue the acrobatic display.

Shiress lowered her eyes back to Kabrin road, frowning and shaking her head, "I have no vegetables or anything else for you, bird." She mumbled. The bird swooped lower yet, pulling up at the last moment, soaring straight up, arched, then disappeared into the trees.

crazy creature..

-----------------------------

"Is it her?' A balding, portly man asked, as he stood, turning to face a rustle in the underbrush, his thick fingers swiping sweat from a creased brow. "Aye, just as you said it would be." The reply came from a tall, slender man, with sharp features and a mop of dark, stringy hair, stepping into the small clearing, struggling to sling a robe around boney shoulders. 'What of the patrol?" The husky man asked. "Passed by half a chime ago." The man nodded to the reply and sat, motioning a hand over his shoulder. "And her?" The tall man turned to look at the motionless form of a woman, lying sprawled in the grass, beneath a tree."Leave her for the animals, aint got no time for a burying. Throw some leaves and sticks on her. She won't be missed, but hurry, we need to meet that wagon"

--------------------------

Shiress swayed lazily with the motion of the wagon, her long chestnut colored hair pulled back into a careless tail. She wore a simple pale shift, of which the skirt was hiked scandalously high above her knees, and a leather vest, presently unlaced and gloriously exposing a sweat sheened chest. She had thought leaving the outpost earlier in the day, rather than later, would prove less heat. She was wrong. And at this very moment, there was no one she hated more than Kevith and nothing she hated more than deliveries.

Green eyes forward, gaze lost in thought, the barmaid fought back the urge to whip the horse in a full run just to feel a little breeze. She grinned at the thought of the small, ancient wagon falling to pieces beneath her, as she gloried in the wind though her hair.

Her bemusement left abruptly, however, and she tensed at the sight of two men walking down the road toward her, one tall and thin, the other short and round. Granted, it wasn't that odd to see others on the well traveled Kabrin road, but these two had no horses, and worse, had no travel bags. Shiress slid the skirt of her dress over the sheathed dagger on her thigh and tugged the reins for the horse to pull the cart to the opposite side of the road, giving the strangers a wide berth. She nodded an uneasy smile at the men, as she drew closer, drawing in a breath for a sigh of relief as the two seemingly passed by without so much as a glance in her direction. The breath caught in her throat, though, as the shorter man, quicker than he appeared, stepped out and grabbed the bridle of her horse, stopping the wagon.

"I have nothing in here! I have already made my delivery!" she announced, wincing at the quiver in her voice. "Not interested in your load" the man holding the horse said, the corner of his mouth curling upward. He glanced to his friend and nodded. Shiress shot a glance to the thin man, as he trailed along side the wagon, then back to the one speaking. "What do you want then? I have nothing to offer.." The wagon lurched heavily to one side, taking Shiress off guard. Dropping the reins, she fumbled viciously with her skirt, trying to disentangle the hem to get at her dagger, but a strong arm around her chest from behind made her freeze. The thin man squeezed, cutting off the air to her lungs, as he leaned down, pressing his lips to ear. "We want you..."

The man jerked.
Shiress felt pain.
Then nothing.

--------------------------

The man pulled Shiress' limp body to the back of the wagon, as the shorter of the two took her place on the bench. Looking around, the man jerked hard on the reins and lead the horse off the road and through a thicket of trees. There, he unleashed the horse with a slap to the backside. He watched the horse bolt for the tree line, then turned to the man leaning over Shiress "We've wasted time, she'll be here soon." he gestured impatiently toward Shiress' unmoving form. "Get her prepared, tie her up, and see if you cant revive her. Wouldn't do to try and sell an unconscious slave, now would it..."
Last edited by Shiress on September 24th, 2016, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on July 1st, 2016, 10:24 pm

Summer 70, 516 AV

“I’ll buy your sick one for 200 gold. What I need doesn’t require a physically fit body. I’ll return again tomorrow afternoon with the coin. Make sure she is ready for sale and that the knights haven’t managed to catch you. And if you don’t have my slave…? You might want to pack up because certain secrets might slip.”

Those were Sayana’s parting words to the slavers on the previous day. The Eypharian wanted a new slave but she require any particular skills, just someone to practice on. Slavers often wormed their way into the cities of free folk or the surrounding countryside, but only some slavers were successful near Syliras and many were not.

That morning Sayana picked up a new blade, a scimitar, forged at the Iron Works. It had a beautiful sense of balance and a vicious curved edge. She was long overdue for a longer weapon and after seeing Nephti with such a blade, Sayana had made up her mind to go with the traditional Ahnatep look.

With the scimitar and a series of daggers strapped to her belt, she left the city on foot. A black robe covered her bright red garments underneath, and she wore a simple backpack with a few choice items including the money for the slave. Her mid and low arms were concealed within the robe, since only her highs made use of the sleeves. Thus she made her way to the chosen destination.

---

The pair of slavers manhandled her roughly as they tied Shiress to a tree. The tree was small, but certainly not a sapling. With its trunk about a foot in diameter, it meant they could stand her up straight with her arms pulled behind her and wrapped about the tree. The shorter man held her in place while the tall skinny man bound her wrists tightly together with rope. Next, a gag was shoved into her mouth and secured firmly. There was a sense of urgency to their proceedings, clearly unsure as to when Sayana would be arriving.

“Wake up slave. Wake up! Time to meet your new mistress.” The short man spoke as he slapped lightly at Shiress’s cheek. When she didn’t respond immediately, he gave a quick smirk and went to grab a waterskin. Opening it with a pop, he splashed half its contents in her face. “Wake up sunshine!” He spoke loudly with a laugh.

“Did you think I wouldn’t notice?”
Came a sharp voice from one side of the clearing. Sayana emerged from the trees with her hood drawn up and a black leather mask covering her face around her eyes. Weapons were suddenly drawn by the two men, but slowly lowered as they realized who she was.

“You can’t even keep your own slaves alive, nor keep yourself free of evidence.” Her words were slow but purposeful. Each spoken with expressiveness as she punctuated the calm forest air. “I passed the body of the sick one on my way. Granted, she wasn’t perfectly in sight, but nor was she very well hidden. Maybe I should give the Order a tip off.”

“No no, we got you another,” the tall man stammered and gestured to Shiress. “I can see that.” Sayana replied curtly and chose to approach the slave. Her right high hand stretched out to wrap around the slave’s throat. Although she wasn’t trying to choke the slave, there was certainly enough pressure applied to serve as a reminder as who was in charge. Sayana’s brown eyes bored into the slave’s bright green ones for several ticks before roaming over the female’s body. Should the slave attempt to resist or fight back, a choking grip would follow with an accompanying slap.

“This one looks much healthier. I hope you don’t plan to cheat me of my money and attempt to raise the price.” Sayana commented as her eyes flickered over the slave once more. The woman did look healthier, and quite beautiful too in her short skirt. There was a sudden spark in her eye. Time to start breaking the slave in, starting with vulnerability. Her high hand moved from the slave’s neck to grab and grope at her chest through the material she wore, while Sayana’s other high hand slid up the slave’s skirt… only to find a concealed dagger.

“Trying to sell me an armed slave?!” Sayana shouted out as she wrenched the dagger from its sheath. She whipped it back and threw it across the clearing spinning once, twice, before embedding itself into a tree trunk.

“What surprises me is how you even managed to capture the girl,” she spat as she turned her back on the slave. For a moment she was distracted by the sheer incompetence of the men as they stammered with half-made excuses.

ReceiptScimitar – 15 gm
Scabbard – 4 gm

OOCSayana is unlikely to be recognized with the mask unless Shiress has a really good memory. In fact, at the moment Sayana doesn't yet know it is Shiress, but that'll come soon enough.
Last edited by Sayana on August 30th, 2016, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on July 2nd, 2016, 5:32 pm

Like suddenly being dragged -face first- from the dark peacefulness of a lake floor, Shiress' awareness surfaced.

Faint voices could be heard, but not clearly. Opening her eyes slowly, she lifted her face, blinking rapidly. Her head, feeling heavy and unattached, settled back against the tree, her eyes closing with a wave of nausea. Shiress let the weight leave her knees and she sagged, only to abruptly stiffened upright again with a grimace, as burning pain shot through her shoulders.

I'm tied up...standing? Who ties up someone on their feet...

Shiress opened her eyes in time to see a cloaked figure approaching her. She tried to speak, tried to demand answers, but it was only then the girl realized she was gagged. Dizziness stole her vision, and her head bobbed and desperately wanted to fall back against the tree again.

If the hand pressing her throat didn't revive her, the slap did. Dark, wet locks of hair followed in the wake of the slap and stamped across the girls face. Shiress' green eyes snapped open beneath the curtain of damp hair and found the brown gaze boring into her. The woman's words made no sense to the barmaid's raddled mind, nor came clearly through the ringing in her ears, but nonetheless, a flame of anger formed in Shiress' chest and her emerald eyes blazed with it.

Loose strands of hair followed the intake and exhale of slow breaths through her nose, as Shiress fixed an unblinking glare on the face of the woman scrutinizing her. If a glare could stop a heart, Dira would have smiled.

Clenched teeth bored into the cloth hiding the snarl forming on the girls lips, as hands explored her body, her set glare never wavering. She felt nothing as she was relieved of her only weapon, save a bit of shock that she had possessed it for as long as she had. The woman's angry words, however, made the blood drain from Shiress' face. The anger rising in the girl died quickly and fell like a dead bird, replaced by shock and utter fear.

Slave...

Green eyes widened slowly as they watched the dagger embed itself in the tree, then snapped to the two men, the realization of this not being a robbery hitting home, finally.

Slavers..

Her eyes jerked back to the cloaked figure as she took a step back and turned, addressing the men. A small step, but enough. Shiress pulled hard against the ropes binding her hands, ignoring the burning in her arms and shoulders, and pushed every bit of weight and strength into her hip...and kicked...hard toward the woman's back. She began pulling and tearing at the rope with her fingernails, her shoulders smarting with the effort, as the bark of the tree ripped into the flesh of her arms. She threw her head back and let out a muffled yell.

The others standing around would hear a gagged yell of desperation, but in Shiress' mind she screamed defiance...

"Nooooooooooo"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on July 4th, 2016, 11:21 pm

While Sayana was distracted as she scolded the slavers, she hadn’t quite been paying enough attention to her new potential slave. With her back turned, the slave girl aimed a kick that contacted Sayana’s… thigh. There was enough power to make the Eypharian stumble a bit to regain her balance but it was probably not quite the kick the slave had been aiming for.

However, as Sayana turned quickly around after recovering from the surprise, she saw the girl trying to rip and tear herself from the binds, screaming in desperation. The Eypharian aimed a hard punch for the slave’s stomach, and quickly followed up with a slap towards her face. She didn’t hold anything back with the slap and used her full momentum wanting the slave to feel the sting long after the blow had landed.

“You’ve got fire. I can see it in your eyes.” Sayana spoke, at last addressing the slave directly. “It will be all the more fun to break you.” There was a hungry look in her eyes, even through the black mask she wore. Stepping up more purposefully to the girl, she grabbed a handful of the long brown hair and yanked the slave’s head back. She leaned in close, her lips almost next to Shiress’s ear and her warm breath soft against her skin.

“Now I’d like you to tell me exactly how it feels to my slave.”

She yanked off the gag viciously and was fully prepared for more defiance from the slave girl. At the same time she snapped her fingers at the slavers and produced the two hundred gold mizas she would use as payment.

“Here’s the gold. Now help me get her into some proper chains. Rope won’t last quite so well.” She commanded as she produced a pair of iron manacles from her bag. The next little bit might involve some struggle particularly if Shiress proved defiant, but Sayana was confident that the three of them would be able to unbind the slave girl from the tree and get her into true manacles with her hands bound tightly behind her back. The last step would involve securing a steel collar to the slave and attaching a length of rope to act as a leash. Throughout the process, Sayana wouldn’t hesitate to use brute force to get it accomplished.

“One last thing… Have you a spare whip?” Sayana asked with a grin. A chime or two later, she had purchased a whip from the slavers and now proceeded to yank at the leash to lead Shiress away from the camp and into the woods.

OOCFeel free to embellish any of the struggles =P

ReceiptWhip - 1 gm
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on July 5th, 2016, 3:26 am

Had Shiress not been so raddled, she might have put a bit more thought to repercussions and expected that punch. She did see it coming, however, and had a tick to tense her muscles as much as she could. It landed hard and even and stole every bit of air from the girls lungs. Being gagged the fight for air was impossible. Shiress let out an animalistic groan, as empty lungs made a futile attempt to drag in more air through small nostrils. Even so, it could have been worse.

Damn the woman's slap, though. Dark shadows danced in the edges of Shiress' vision as her head, yet again, wrenched sideways and she tasted blood in her mouth. All fight drained from her, as all focus was on regaining a bit of her senses, eyes blinking rapidly.

The girls vision was forced up through the tree line as her head was jerked backwards, as venomous words were hissed in her ear. Shiress smiled inwardly, knowingly, working her mouth in relief of the gag. As the woman turned to address the men, she waited for the woman to turn back, for the glare she offered had more than just fire within it.

Following the woman's instruction, the men meandered around Shiress, one retrieving payment, the other working the binds around her wrist. Shiress ignored the pain he caused.

Shiress felt the restraints weaken and she lunged, depositing an unlady like amount of blood tinged spit in the masked face, before shoveing hard against the woman's chest. "I have more than fire for you, you petching bitch!" she growled, shoving a shoulder into the man receiving payment.

In an instant she was at the dagger, a hand pulling desperately at the hilt. Large arms attempted to wrap her shoulders, but a two handed pull freed the dagger and she dropped to her knees, loosening herself from the mans grip, and swipping out blindly toward him. The blade met with the man's middle and he retreated, looking shocked, as blood seeped through the fingers of the hand he slapped across his belly.

Shiress tore through the space between her and the masked woman, dagger held in her left hand as the right came up in a fist. It connected. The woman slammed hard onto her back, leaves and debris scattering out around her. Shiress followed that same momentum, never stopping, straddling the prone form, dagger raised for a blow to the chest.

"I'm no ones petching slave!" she spat, one hand meeting the other on the daggers hilt for the downward thrust.

Just as the blow would fall, however, a strong hand wrapped around the girls forearm from behind, squeezing, as the other pulled free the dagger. Shiress twisted to fight back, but the hand left her arm and slammed into her head. Shiress went sprawling into the grass.

Dazed, she lay there, as the man subdued her again. She was held fast and lifted to her feet. "You think you can faze me?" she spat, green eyes finding the woman, as her body swayed in the man's grip "You think you know me? I have been here before, woman." she spat blood and licked her lips "strip me, look at the marks on my body." she let out a crazed, half laugh, crimson leaking from a cut on her forehead "I have tasted the whip before and killed the master whom wielded it." the girl's face hardened, green eyes narrowed "Your whip is meaningless, as you are meaningless."

Shiress was dangling on the edge of consciousness now, her body swaying dangerously in the arms of the slaver, eyes rolling. She didn't fight the manacles, but before another gag was placed between her teeth, she looked for the woman again. Finding her standing near, whip in hand. She gave a wide smile, blood staining her teeth, her voice soft and full of dire promise.

"You. Will. Not. Break. Me."

OOCPermission given for landed blows :p

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on July 6th, 2016, 11:15 pm

As the slavers maneuvered around to re-bind the slave, Sayana found herself considering how best to slip through the cracks of the girl’s mind. Just as she began focusing on her djed, there was glob of spit in her face and a hard shove to her chest. The Eypharian took a couple steps back, wiping the goo from her eyes but even as she began to draw her daggers from within her cloak, the slave girl was at the tree with the dagger. Damn she was quick.

Sayana had two daggers drawn and in her low hands, but she hesitated as to whether she wanted to reveal herself as an Eypharian or keep her arms hidden for a future surprise. Her moment’s pause cost her a surprisingly strong blow from the girl as it connected with her shoulder.

The sheer strength of will and not holding anything back added additional force to the punch. Sayana twisted as she fell, but only succeeded in landing so that her rear cushioned her fall. Meanwhile the slave girl landed mostly on top, straddling the Eypharian.

Even as Sayana lay with her back on the ground, she watched the slave raise the dagger. A dozen calculations flashed through her mind. The strength of the girl, the weight of the blade, the angle, the grip, the force it would require to deflect the blade so it would embed itself into the slave’s thigh… Just as suddenly, the girl was being grappled from behind and Sayana could relax the high hand that was poised to counter and deflect the attack from Shiress.

The Eypharian got up from the ground and dusted off her robe and skirt, seeing that the girl was now dazed upon the ground. She sheathed her own daggers and it didn’t take long to retrieve the slave’s dagger that had fallen to the ground during the scuffle. “So you’ve tasted the whip? Then I hope to bring back fond memories.” Sayana replied with a curl of her lips.

Then, of course, came the death threats. There were few slaves that went away meekly. And those that did were usually already broken in some way or another. At last, as Sayana was sure that the girl was about to pass out as she wavered in the man’s grip, she spoke one last message of defiance.

“You will not break me.”

“Watch me.”

---

The girl would find herself suddenly plunged into darkness. All it had taken was a sharp blow to the head with the pommel of the slave’s own dagger to knock her unconscious. Frankly, Sayana was growing tired of the chitter chatter and also wanted to be rid of the incompetent slavers. Hauling the unconscious form of the surprisingly light slave girl, she set out for a series of caves not too far from where they were. It would provide some shelter for the Eypharian and possibly the slave, but mostly it was a familiar place with enough amenities nearby.

When Sayana reached the clearing outside the caves, she set the slave down in front of a sturdy tree. In a similar fashion as before, she bound the slave’s arms around the tree and behind her back, but this time with the iron manacles to hold them. She also produced a second pair of chains which she bound to Shiress’s ankles. But instead of standing her up, she left the girl seated at the base of the tree, still knocked out cold.

With a smirk, she slammed the slave’s dagger into trunk, but at a height in which it would be just a few inches above Shiress if she were to stand. Then the Eypharian got around to preparing a fire. As the kindling caught and crackled, she placed a pot of water near the flames and began cutting up various dried foods from her pack. Salted meat, herbs, and root vegetables went into the soup as the fire grew more steady and licked at the small logs.

Sayana glanced over at the slumped form of her slave and only then, in the glow of the firelight, did she realize something. That face looked familiar. It took her the entire time it took her pot to boil to finally recall where she knew the face from. It belonged to a barmaid of the Rearing Stallion. A woman named Shiress. For a moment she felt a hint of sympathy for the woman, but it was soon replaced with the exciting thrill of what was to come.

For a moment she tried to remember precisely what Shiress had spoken of in regards to her past, and then Sayana formed the first image she would attempt to project onto her target. It was something she was still new at, and she wasn’t entirely sure how well it worked, but if she focused just right she was sure she was able to transfer an image when she harnessed her hypnotism.

The Eypharian gave the pot of soup a stir, before putting all her focus on Shiress. Reaching back and back and back into her mind, she pulled at her own strands of djed and began implanting the image onto them. There was a boy. A similar age to Shiress, but perhaps a bit younger. He was tied and strapped to a tree, but with his face to the trunk and his back exposed and bare. Marring his skin were long red welts. He was sweating, shaking, sobbing. “Shiress… please… help me… In the next instant there was the crack of a whip and a scream.

Before Sayana released the vision, the momentary flash, she repeated the imagery over and over again in her mind. It was much more complicated than anything she had done before, but she wanted it just right as she fueled it with more and more djed. Then, willing the hypnotism to travel through her words and be released to her slave, she began to sing.

“You can feel the sting
Let me hear you sing… the tears of maiden
When you ask me why
Don’t let me hear you cry… sorrows you are laden”

The drain of energy that accompanied it was almost overwhelming. Something had worked. There was no doubt about that. But whether Shiress had received the flash in a dream or in a wakeful state, Sayana did not know. However, she was certain that where she was positioned by the campfire, she was well out of range of the slave even with the exhaustion that had washed over her.

When Shiress did finally wake, Sayana would explain her wishes in a calm and even voice. “You’re awake. Now I’m going to explain the next bit quite simply. Every time you misbehave, I’m going to cut off a lock of your hair.”

For a moment she let the simple punishment sink in. “But if you are good and follow my wishes, I’ll reward you. Perhaps a bowl of soup? I’m sure you’re getting hungry by now. Something to drink? Maybe even the chance to sleep in a proper shelter rather than out in the elements.”

“First I would like you to kiss the back of my hand and call me Mistress. If you do, I’ll share some of my hot soup with you. But if you choose to bite the hand that feeds you…” Sayana let out a sigh and looked at the lovely brown curls that fell over the girl’s shoulders.

Once she was certain the girl had understood, she got up from the fire and held out her right high hand, still with the black robe on and with the mask obscuring her face.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on September 24th, 2016, 9:35 pm

The masked woman was the last thing Shiress saw, before sliding into the depths of blackness, her masked face, those brown eyes, following, dissipating in the dense blackness, as silence settled and knowledge vanished.

A flash in the dark. A tree. A boy. Then it was gone.

She heard her name. Green eyes scanned the confines of the darkness, but found nothing. Her heart begins pounding the inside her chest like a caged bird, frantic to be freed.

A plea for help latched onto Shiress' awareness, riding it to the surface.

The girl jerked, gasping for air, head snapping up, eyes darting about. Trees, bushes, the rocky face of a cave entrance, all coming into focus, as Shiress blinked clear her eyes. How could this happen? Of the thousands of people in the fortified city, why her? Were her scars not uncountable as they were?

The self pity was there, but Shiress refused to give in to it.

The soft popping and crackling of a fire drew her bleary gaze, then a voice. That voice. Her voice. The girl let her head rest back against the tree trunk, as the woman elucidated her expectations. The fight within the girl was gone, but the fire still roared, dormant, waiting, like a cat waiting for the perfect time to pounce.

Vacant, green eyes watched as the woman rose to her feet, hand extended. The girl stared at the dark skinned, slender hand before her face, then slowly rolled her eyes up, meeting the woman's. "You and I have differing definitions of what a slave and a captive are, I think. I do not even know who you are or what you want with me."

Shiress' tongue began to work inside her mouth, then her lips parted, depositing a substantial and unladylike amount of spit atop the woman's proffered hand.

She glared up defiantly, then looked away, letting her head rest back against the tree, eyes closing. "Do what you must, bitch - hair grows back.."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on September 30th, 2016, 1:35 am

With the glob of spit on the back of her hand, Sayana smiled. This would be fun. With slow purpose, she wiped her hand against her slave’s cheek then took a step back. Yes, there it was, clearly marring Shiress’s face and more than likely dripping slowly.

“You haven’t seen what this bitch can do,” she spoke in a soft but chilling voice.

The Eypharian crouched down till she was at eye level with Shiress, then yanked her hair roughly to crane the slave’s head upwards. She took out a dagger from her robe and flipped it casually in her left hand. Sayana still wasn’t sure whether her slave had actually received the last vision she attempted, so this time she would keep it much simpler and with an obvious reaction to it.

As she gripped the slave’s hair painfully, she gazed deeply into the woman’s eyes. Wielding more djed, Sayana focused on the sound of screams. Cries of agony and screams of fear. Thinking of nothing but that chilling sound she pierced her magic against the slave just as she cut a large lock of hair. Sayana released the magic in a sudden wave, and watched eagerly to see the reaction. It was one thing to scare another, but it was something else entirely to watch the expression of terror blossom on command.

All the more satisfied, Sayana stood up and took the long brown lock of hair to toss into the campfire. It crackled and sizzled with a momentary smell that soon dissipated into the woods.

“While you may be my slave, you are also my captive until you learn that it is foolish to run. While the knights may help you in the vicinity of Syliras, we will not be staying here for long. Besides, even if you did escape, I don’t think your friends and family would appreciate the danger you would have put them in. I tend to be rather good at uncovering important information, Shiress.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on October 1st, 2016, 4:50 pm

Shiress' eyes remained closed as her own spit was smeared across her face. She knew that there would be retribution for such an act. This she could handle.

Or so she thought, until her head was wrenched backwards.

The girls mouth fell open in silent agony, as the woman's grip pulled against her already sore and throbbing scalp. With effort, she forced her teeth together, managing a weak snarl, as defiant green eyes locked with the woman's brown. A tick later, however, that defiance drained away, like liquid in a pierced water skin, as loud and torture fueled shrieks filled her skull.

Shiress cringed, eyes widening, breath hitching in her throat, as she began pulling hard against the metal around her wrist, natural reflex trying desperately to bring her hands to her head.

Then, the screams were abruptly gone.

Slowly, Shiress' body eased and rested back against the tree, eyes darting back and forth on the ground before her. Realizing she was holding her breath, she exhaled fiercely, flecks of spit flying out from between her teeth to wet her lips, eyes still wide.

The girls eyes darted from the ground to the fire, where dark smoke hissed and boiled, billowing out into the breeze. She stared at it uncomprehendingly, until the stench of burned hair filled her nostrils. It hadn't even registered that the woman had cut her hair. It had gone unnoticed in the midst of the screams invading her thoughts. Shiress' lips began to move, trying to form words, questions, then the woman spoke.

Her eyes remained on the fire, as the woman's voice rang through vacant and distant thoughts.

Screams of torture

Cries of horrendous fear

Shiress swallowed, willing her heart and breaths to slow. Then, suddenly she was called back from her thoughts, eyes and face darting to the woman, lids narrowing.

"How do you know my name?" she said, voice low in suspicion, eyes flicking down the woman's form, then back to her face "Who are you?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on October 2nd, 2016, 4:58 pm

Satisfaction. Sweet sweet satisfaction.

Sayana watched the widening of her slave’s eyes. Then moments later there was the struggle at the chains. She had gotten something through. Something powerful at that.

The taste of her victory made the smell of burning all the more sweet as the Eypharian sat near the fire. Shiress seemed oblivious to Sayana’s words until at last the slave’s name jarred her from her current state of being.

“Yes I do know your name.” Sayana replied, without really answering the question. She took a turn at stirring the pot positioned near the heat of the fire. Purposefully she let the questions hang for at least a chime. Anticipation regarding the unknown could make the mind imagine all sorts of wondrous and terrible things.

“I know your name is Shiress. I know you were once a slave. And I know that you have spent a good deal of time at the Rearing Stallion.”

Her voice was calm, listing the statements she knew to be true. She wasn’t sure if Shiress was currently working at the Stallion, or had only done so in the past, and hence phrased the words so they could reflect either situation. But even as Sayana revealed more information about Shiress, mostly to intimidate her, the Eypharian realized that the moment she uncovered her mask and revealed her arms, it would be obvious how she knew these details. Unless… she made the story seem like something much more than a chance meeting.

Screams seemed to echo in Sayana’s mind as she reached again for her magic, but she ignored the remnant effects of her past hypnotism. Instead, as she stirred the soup on the fire, she focused in on an idea, a question. She tugged at the djed at the back of her mind, sowing it with purpose, an idea, ready to spring forth. When she met her slave’s gaze again, she let the magic spring forth with a simple message: How long has she been stalking me?

The wave of fatigue was considerably stronger this time, and when she felt a hint of dampness at her eyes, Sayana immediately turned her face away from Shiress. Blood around her eyes… a dab with her fingers confirmed such. Regardless, she wanted to keep the story alive.

“I’ve been wanting you for a long time now, Shiress. This isn’t our first meeting. The last time I saw you, I knew I had to have you. And so I was patient.”

Sayana took off the mask and carefully wiped around the edges of her eyes, trying to rid them of any remaining traces of blood. It would not do to completely scare the girl. However, she lacked a mirror and some hints might remain.

At last, the Eypharian stood up and took off her black robe. She wore a long red and black dress underneath but more notably where her low and mid arms that were now revealed. As she turned to face her new slave, Sayana spoke with a slight curve to her smile, “Recognize me?”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next