A Sister and Daughter's Letters (Vanator)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Sister and Daughter's Letters (Vanator)

Postby Kavala on December 2nd, 2010, 8:50 pm

ImageTimestamp: 75th of Fall (grandfathered ---> continued from here)

The messenger dropped the pair of letters off to the Denusk Pavilion and took no coin in payment. He was a Drykas that long ran messages between Riverfall and Endrykas as par for his work with traders and the businesses in the region. Kavala had already paid him for his services and requested that the letters go to directly to Eachann, the Ankal of the Denusk Pavilion and to no other hand. They were delivered as per her request and the news they contained left to be dispersed out as her father saw fit.

The first was to her father.

Eachann's Letter :
60th of Fall, 510 AV

Greetings Father-

I do know I do not write you enough and for that I am sorry. Life has been busy here since my last letter. The Sanctuary is up and running and my healing services are needed more often than naught for the animals of Riverfall. We have added a mews and a forge, so our capabilities for self sustaining endeavors have increased. Our horses birthed well this spring and I am ground working the new additions, though some had to be traded off for materials and supplies. The count is 36 and growing. My studbook is looking well. Next spring I might request for you to keep watch for a nightwalker on the grass to add to my assortment. Otherwise, I suspect by that time I will begin working on a new breed that Riverfall can call all its own. I wonder if I can combine the swiftness of our striders with the bulk of the seme and perhaps add in some new traits given by other breeds to come up with something unique.

Wish me luck.

I have paid over 2000 gold mizas towards my debt to Riverfall and by the Winter next year I will have my debt fully settled of my own hands. At this time I will also own Sanctuary free and clear. I know you disprove of owning land, but this is important to me since I have put so much of myself into this property. And it is my home now.

Akela is doing rather poorly I suspect. She is quiet and seems unsatisfied with her life. I keep hoping her Call will come to her like my own has come but I do not think it is so. Sanctuary could have no better defender, it is true, but I wish she were a bit happier. Akela misses Vanator, I suspect.

There is more news. I now wear the Chava mark of an Akalak named Hatot. We will come and visit when we can. Sanctuary's work makes it hard to get away, and he himself is building a school to teach unarmed combat in across the gates. You will be a grandfather in the fall of next year. You do not, perhaps, know that you are already one.

A young kelvic named Dhanya came to Sanctuary in labor. On the 54th of Fall she bore a set of healthy twins, one girl one boy. Both are blond. The boy has one green eye and one blue and is called Ouin. The girl is blond as well but has blue violet eyes and is called Katya. She has Avalis' mark on her forehead. They are beautiful children, Drykas through and through, and have the look of both Vanator and yourself. More specifically Katya looks like his mother while Quin looks like you. The kelvic told me Vanator was the father, and I believed her. I saw his face in her mind and knew before she even spoke the words.

I worry for them father. She wanders, restless and homeless. There is nothing wrong with wandering, of course, but she has no people and does so alone. What you do with this knowledge is your business. I have written a letter to Van to tell him the same.

Be well. As always, you are welcome to visit anytime with the rest of the pavilion. We have a large area you can set up the pavilions. Tall grass and warm sun to you and yours.

Love,

Kavala

The second one was to Vanator.

Vanator's Letter :
60th of Fall, 510 AV

Vanator-

I hope this letter finds you well. All is well here and things are going smoothly in life and in business. Fall is our busy time preparing for the winter so I must must be brief.

A young kelvic named Dhanya came to Sanctuary in labor. On the 54th of Fall she bore a set of healthy twins, one girl one boy. Both are blond. The boy has one green eye and one blue and is called Ouin. The girl is blond as well but has blue violet eyes and is called Katya. She has Avalis' mark on her forehead. They are beautiful children, Drykas through and through, and have the look of you, Van. Katya looks like your mother while Quin looks like Father and you. The kelvic told me you were the father, and I believed her. I saw your face in her mind and knew before she even spoke the words.

I thought you should know.

Love,

Kavala

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)