Astrology (LW)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is where all lore articles are created, edited, noted on, and basically worked up. Feel free to comment, but please do so in the Lore Discussion forum, not here. Remember these lore articles are all WIP. Once the authors feel they are ready to be posted for Peer Review, they can be moved to the Peer Review forum. Lore articles should be a complete first draft before they goe to Peer Review.

Moderator: Scribes

Astrology (LW)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 24th, 2016, 3:43 am

Article: Astrology
Author(s): Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Other development: Fishing (FR)
Additional Info:

Synopsis:

Outline:

1. History

2.Prerequisites & Related Skills
2a. Prerequisites
2b. Related Skills

3. Tools
3a. Types of Tools
3b. How to use Each Tool

4.Cultural Effects

5. Practicing Astrology

6. Important People and Information
6a. The important people
6b. Other Information to Know.

7. Outcomes of Astrology

8. Locations for Astrologers (Cities)
8a. Compiled List of Cities if those Stargazers. (Write-ups for buildings in cities that don't have Astronomy towers or anything like that could be written up).

9. Skill Progression
9a. Novice
9b. Competent
9c. Expert
9d. Master

10. Other Notes on Astrology

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Astrology (LW)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 1st, 2016, 6:15 pm

Note: Within this thread I'll be updating each section by post and once it needs to move up into PR, I'll update it as one post in there. But, reviews are always welcome. I'm not very good at Astrology, so whoever knows anything, just send a post below and I'll add it in for recommendation, thanks. :)

Synopsis:

Astrology is a skill that determines the celestial movements and or positions of or relating to racial affairs. Also terrestrial events that could occur in the future/present.

History:

Astrology came out to be as a somewhat helpful skill to know about the Gods existence. It started with star gazing most likely. Even though, astrologers have been dated way back before the pre-valterrian. Since Gids have existed before Mizahar and the like. The Gods don't usually interact much with the people of Mizahar. Though, there are occurrences when they might appear and such.

The first human astrologer was Kepler Johanace. He was a star gazer in his time. He found looking and reading the sky was the best thing to do in his spare time. People thought that he was mad. But, others believed of Gods and Goddesses that existed and came to be. Kelper figured out readings if celestial events by star gazing. He taught others before the pre-valterrian. But, during. The readings in the sky became difficult over time. Which slowly made the skill to become forgotten.

The war came. Battles corrupted cities. Kelper gathered men and women to protect his findings, but they were all destroyed. Even all of his tools, and including his Astrology Tower. Everything was gone. Including Kelper.

After the Valterrian:

Yes, the skill had been forgotten sadly. But, that didn't stop people after the Valterrian to relearn it. Those who'd survived had remembered stories of Kelper and his special findings about celestial events.

Astrology morphed into a small amount of other skills. One such as, astronomy. The study of stars and star patterns. Findings of unusual activity above in the skies, were documented. All astrologers could either be found in an astronomy building within a city. Or a building of their own.

Building Write upsI'll probably build locations for each city that needs it. Just let me know if that this isn't really necessary. Thanks. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Astrology (LW)

Postby Vellichor on July 2nd, 2016, 9:17 am

Intervention

I don't think you will be able to get into much detail with this article.
The sky in general lacks development.
However, Quip and I were discussing the development of constellations.
If you'd like, message me to help out.
Warning that we are still in the very early stages of development.
Vellichor
Promoting weapons of mass creation

Words: 25755
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2016, 3:09 am
Race: Staff account

Astrology (LW)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 2nd, 2016, 3:08 pm

Pmd you Vellichor. :)

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Astrology (LW)

Postby Attunement on July 23rd, 2016, 10:06 pm

As constellations develop - so too will astrology. I believe that Atticus Leslie was one of the only astronomers here on Mizahar. However, searching through his posts I was unable to find much pertaining to what he had developed for the sky of Mizahar. Just keep in mind during development that there are no large astral bodies besides a moon on Mizahar. Meaning that a space would typically be confined to one similar to Earth's view of space. However, you could get creative with it considering that Avanthal and the north has some northern lights. Which means that a galaxy system composed of gas is nearby, the lore also suggests that during the start of spring the lights touch down and reach the temple of morwen. Which means as the planet revolves in it's system it get close enough for the planet to possibly collide with the outer reaches of the system.

Given the alignment of such a thing it is completely feasible during this time to be pulled into a spectral space where you could view other galaxies formations due to the lighting conditions of space during this time.
Attunement
Retired Staff

Words: 2551
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 6:03 pm

Astrology (LW)

Postby Prophet on July 24th, 2016, 12:28 am

There are a handful of constellations proposed in the Avanthal development threads.

Here is the present discussion thread. There are links to both of the older threads in which there are several posts for constellations that users have submitted.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook

Astrology (LW)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 24th, 2016, 4:17 am

Thanks Prophet!

We'll be looking for any updates that revolves around the constellations and anything of relation to them. In the mean time, I can assist with finding other constellations that seem adequate/fitting to Mizahar theme. :)

Also, I'll be fleshing out this skill slowly as it doesn't need to be rushed. I'm still waiting on my Fishing Skill to be approved by Gilar in the Founder Review Stage. So, once that's done I'll have more time to contribute to this skill
Thanks guys!

~Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes