PM to join The Start of a Trip (Sayana)

Sayana and Terag meet up on the start of their trip to Alvadas.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Start of a Trip (Sayana)

Postby Terag on July 25th, 2016, 8:47 am

15th of Summer, 516 AV

Terag went over his stuff once more, he didn't want to leave anything behind. All his travel belongings that he had brought with him to Syliras originally were in his bag already. Along with them he set inside his tools for engraving, figuring at the very least they could provide some entertainment while on the boat. It was not going to be a short trip after all, and you could only do nothing for so long before you went insane. Terag, especially, felt like he needed to be working on something or improving near constantly as of late.

Out of everything he owned, he did decide to leave one thing here for the time being. His spear, the weapon that started it all for him. Rather than something he needed to defend himself with, as he had his war fork for that, it just served as a memory and motivation. Its sentimental value was simply too much to warrant bringing it along, and so he set it against the wall behind the chest. He made a mental note to set up a stand for it later.

He stood as he tied off the bag and threw it onto his shoulders and took his war fork into his right hand. Terag took one last look around at the room, it really didn't look any different than usual since he kept most of his belongings in the chest, but the feelings was definitely strange. It was a place he didn't think he would be leaving so soon. He let out a sigh, it wasn't going to be the last time he was here at least. Once out the door he locked it behind him and made his way to the boat.

Outside he realized the weather was dreadful, and how they would set sail in something like this was beyond Terag. But, he wasn't a sailor so he supposed it wasn't his place to know better one way or another. Using his war fork as a make-shift walking stick he made his way to the docks, and onto the boat he had been told not too long ago he would need to board. This was it, once the ship left port he wouldn't be able to come back until he saw this trip through.

With one more deep breath he looked over the city of Syliras, or rather what he could see from the ship. "Should probably keep this image in my head, something to keep in mind that I need to come back to? Strange, I feel like I did that when I left Sultros," he said out loud but to no one in particular. Not that most anyone would understand what he was saying in Isurian anyways, but speaking in his native tongue helped relax him some. A few long moments he turned to look over the boat now, and the people on board. A few faces he vaguely remembered but nothing that sparked anything major yet. As he looked an tried to keep himself entertained he began to hum to himself. This time an old war-hymn, one that was meant to keep the troops morale up and rallied.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on July 26th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Ever since Clyde had mentioned the Alvadas trip, Sayana had been excited to return to the city of illusions. She was still wary of the mage and the implications of the oath, but she craved the carefree nature of Alvadas and its shifting illusions. She might have been more wary of Alvadas too, except any grudges of the Speakers were long forgiven by the Eypharian, just for the chance to enjoy the wonder of the city once more.

Even the darkened clouds and heavy rains had not dampened her mood. Well, not too much.

Sayana pulled her black robe around her to keep it from whipping in the ever growing winds. The skies were dark but there was a brief respite from the rain. It had poured and poured and Sayana had even worried about not being able to set sail in such foul weather. But it seemed like now it might be just calm enough to get out into open water. She had a bag of essentials slung onto her back and she walked hurriedly through the streets of Syliras. For a moment, her breath caught as she glimpsed the thunderous waves upon the shore. Nope. She wasn’t going to think about the waves. That was for the sailors to worry about.

The Eypharian leapt lightly onto the dock, careful not to slip on the wet planks, and quickly sought out the ship she’d be sailing on. A high up flag with bright colours and an inverted triangle quickly identified the ship and with a wave to the busy sailors she crossed the gangplank.

Once on board, her eyes started skimming the rocky ship for the tall mage. However, she did not expect her gaze to fall on a much shorter yet rather familiar individual. “Terag! Is that you?!”

Sayana made a dash towards the Isur and her robe that covered her normal garments was flung wide as she opened her arms to hug the man. Only when her arms started to close in on him, did she remember his reaction to physical contact. She grinned impishly, but made the embrace short.

“Terag, what are you doing here? What sends you to Alvadas? Do you think we’re going to drown?” There was hardly no change in her enthusiastic voice, despite the obvious rocking and shifting of the ship’s deck. “I never got a chance to… run laps with you.” She added brightly, though paused as she circled her finger recalling the exercise he had proposed so long ago.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Terag on July 28th, 2016, 4:46 am

Terag had maybe a half-moment to respond to the voice that had called out to him, not nearly enough time. He towards the sound just in time to see a six armed woman charging at him with her arms wide open, all six of them. He had perhaps enough time to process that the woman was a friend, Sayana, before she was already upon him. Immediately he felt his heart flutter, an attractive woman was on him and hugging him. She might have noticed him take a sharp intake of breath as he tried to process that information, though he forced himself over his awkwardness to hug her back, his arms going underneath hers and around her for the brief embrace. Progress.

After the embrace he tried to make it subtle as he took a small step away, trying to hide it as a shifting of his feet and weight so that he might not get caught off-guard again by someone else who might try to charge him down. He stared at her for a small moment as he tried to translate the answers he had for her from Isurian into Common, taking a moment longer to watch her actions. "Well, uhm, in order. Let me see, I am here since I am going on a trip with Clyde out to Alvadas, I suppose that answers two questions. Yes? Also, I do hope that we are not going to drown at least. I would not like to test my swimming out in the deep water, no? My people are the children of the mountains right? I, at the very least, tend to sink I am sure. Too dense." He chuckled a bit, his smile widening a bit more as he became a bit more relaxed. The thoughts of possibly dropping into the water and never returning to the surface were at least slowly being pushed to the back of his head.

"I suppose you are right, we never did run those laps. I would say we should do it now but on a boat I fear we may not have the room to do so. Perhaps we will find something else to do then, either later today or tomorrow." As he spoke, the remaining sailors and other crewmen were finishing boarding. Several shouts indicated that the boat would be leaving shortly, and that they were going to need to be careful. At that Terag set his onyx-black hand aboard the railing of the ship and squeezed a bit in an attempt to calm himself. In his left hand the wood creaked softly, and he immediately released. "It would seem we are not leaving in the best weather, no? I trust we'll get through safely but I cannot say I am the most comfortable with this all. Like I said, I tend to sink." Terag's smile disappeared as his face went passive as he clenched his jaw slightly. He wasn't terrified of the water exactly, just worried about the consequences of what all else might be going on if he ended up in the water.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on July 31st, 2016, 12:40 am

“Oh you know Clyde too?” Sayana interjected with some surprise. She had suspected that the mage’s reach was long, but to see an old friend due to what appeared to be coincidence, was not what she had expected. Regardless, it was a pleasant surprise and the Isur seemed reasonably pleased as well.

“I’m sure the sailors know what they are doing,” the Eypharian reassured him with a gentle squeeze of his black arm. Already the crewmen were moving about quickly doing the final preparations. Sayana stepped out of the way as the gang plank was lifted and the ship’s massive sails were straining in the gusty wind.

There was a shout from a sailor, maybe even the captain, and suddenly they were moving. “Come on Ter, let’s see!” Sayana spoke excitedly as she dashed over to the bow, climbing up steps to get close to the railing of the ship’s deck. She gave a beckon with one of her high arms and then found herself staring into the vast expanse of ocean.

It was almost picturesque, even with the ominous dark clouds thick in the sky. “So... how did you meet Clyde?” It was about then that she felt a drop of water. Then another. The sailors seemed to have nervous but determined faces. They were going to get through this. The winds blew strong and propelled the ship onwards away from the port city. If it was just a bit of rain, it shouldn’t be too bad. Or if they managed to steer clear of the impending storm. Otherwise…

“Shall we go below deck? Best not get in the way of the sailors.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on August 1st, 2016, 7:36 am

He nodded in response to Sayana's first question, to show that he did indeed know Clyde. She appeared a bit surprised that he had known the mage. For a moment he was unsure and then remembered that most people are very wary of mages, and then it definitely seemed weird that a blacksmith of all people knew a mage. Sometimes the thought to appear wary came a bit too late, it was a consequence of growing up with mage parents.

This time he shrugged, hoping the sailors had a much better idea of how to work the boat with the sea than he did. He noted her squeezing his black arm, feeling the sensation regardless of their being almost no give from his skin. The contact only seemed a bit strange, maybe he was getting a bit more used to women after all? With a shrug he followed after Sayana as she made her way to the bow of the ship. He went up the steps and stood beside her for a few moments as he looked out over the ocean as well. The horizon seemed empty to him, it could definite do with a few more mountains and perhaps a few less dark clouds.

He heard her question about how he met Clyde but stayed silent for a moment, as he too felt the water dripping onto him. It wasn't sweat, so it was probably rain. With her comment about going below deck Terag nodded, and motioned for her to follow him back towards the entrance and stairs that led down into the ship. Going across the deck did not take long, but in the few moments the rain was already beginning to start. As he held the door for Sayana he noticed his own clothes starting to get wet, but nothing that he hadn't dealt with before, and all of his belongings would be dry enough. Although, his warfork would need to be wiped down. He topped the butt of the weapon against the deck for a moment to remove some water before going into the ship with Sayana.

It was now that he began to speak again, since he had given it some thought. He was not a fan of lying, so he decided to say what he could and try to fill in the blanks. If people were wary of mages, it would perhaps be not to mention the entirety of his relation with Clyde. "I met Clyde shortly after he had set up in Syliras. It is not too easy being the new one in the city, no? When I heard about his lab I thought I would take a look myself rather than just listen to rumors about it all. From there we have talked a bit, and I have made a few things for him since then as well. Not an exciting story, no? But what about you, how do you know the man? And if it is not too much to ask, do you have business in Alvadas as well, or if it Clyde's business and you are tagging along?" He smiled a bit after his last question, in an attempt to make it seem innocent. Although he was sure his eyes were saying that the question was the very reason Terag was here: Clyde had business and Terag was asked to be involved.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on August 1st, 2016, 4:15 pm

It was definitely raining. As Sayana stepped inside the ship’s cabin, she glanced around at the tight quarters. There seemed to be a mix of tiny tiny rooms and then larger spaces laden with multiple hammocks. Perhaps those were for the sailors? She moved towards one of the few windows near the edge of the ship and listened as Terag explained his meeting with Clyde.

“I met Clyde on a day much like today.” Sayana replied and gestured out the window as it grew thick with rain. Rivulets dribbled down the thick glass and she glanced out to see the waves crashing against the sides of the wooden ship.

“We were out in the woods. I was looking for various herbs, and suddenly it clouded over and opened up with rain. He was kind enough to let me take refuge in his tent. Much later, I found out that he was headed for Alvadas and looking for a guide of sorts. Someone well-traveled or local. I know the beautiful city of illusions quite well and thus volunteered. Well, after a bit of negotiation. But it’s definitely a place worth going back to. I was truly excited to hear that I had the opportunity to visit again.”

A smile flickered onto her face. She truly was excited to see the city once more, despite having only been away for a season, or less. There was no place in the world that seemed more magical and so full of opportunity. Despite any poor encounters she had there, it far outmatched a city like Syliras.

“But enough about me. Tell me of your life. I haven’t seen you in ages. Are you crafting magnificent things? Is that your doing?” The Eypharian gestured to his huge weapon, whatever it might be. “But come, didn’t you promise you’d teach me how to shape my body like yours? Or at least attempt to?” With a playful smile she lifted her arms and flexed her biceps.

Sayana then beckoned him to one of the common rooms. Her step was a little tipsy with the rocking of the ship, but it didn’t seem to faze her as she held out her hands to the walls or wooden posts for balance. There were a few other passengers on board, but not many compared to the number of sailors. And the sailors were mostly out on deck. However, there was a distinctive retching sound that made Sayana grimace and she chose to keep away from the more grim looking passengers.

“Ter,” she whispered in an undertone. “Have you yet managed to meet an Isur lady-friend?”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on August 3rd, 2016, 9:15 am

Terag followed Sayana through the ship, frowning at the rain outside. This was not going to be pleasant. At least he didn't get sea-sick, although from the sounds it there were a few others that might not be quite as lucky. He stayed silent as Sayana talked about her own meeting with Clyde. It was hard for him to imagine the slender mage out in the woods rather than cooped up in his laboratory, but he didn't think Sayana would be lying to him right now, perhaps not telling the full truth like he had but not lie. The most interesting piece that he pulled from her little story was that she had at least been to the city before, which would be more than useful. He had heard a few rumors, but his own imagination had him a bit worried about what might go on in Alvadas.

When she asked him about what he had been up to he stayed silent for a few moments before speaking after he had smiled some at her flexing her biceps, "I craft many magnificent things, yes. Mostly other weapons, but unfortunately no. My warfork here was not my own doing, I paid for another smith to make it for me. I had been a bit busy keeping with up a couple of the knight's orders. They go through weapons almost as fast as they do food." He chuckled a bit before he continued onto her next question. "I think I do vaguely remember us discussing me at least instructing you how to shape your body like one creates a sculpture. Though you are right, it may go south. After all, Isur were made of," there was a brief pause, "different stuff. We can still give it an attempt, at least some. We will not be able to go for a nearly long enough run on this ship." He smiled a bit more this time. An Isur that didn't think his people were better was unheard of, and Terag certainly wasn't going to be the first to go against that.

He followed once more as she beckoned him to follow again, this time into one of the common rooms. He noted that she seemed to adjust fairly well to the movement of the ship against the water as they set off. Terag was having a bit harder time of it, and so was a bit less graceful. His footfalls a slight bit too heavy and his metal-like hand could be heard smacking into the wood softly behind her as he had to adjust himself. A man of the mountain he was, not so much of the sea.

Her whispering only made him hear her next question all the more so as he focused on the change in volume. He almost wish he hadn't. While the question itself was innocent he knew full-well that it was not. The implication it had made Terag blush a bit, and he attempted to hide it by running his free hand along his facial hair. His response was also whispered, more as a reaction to her whispering. He hopped the softer tone would hide his slight embarrassment at the thought, but he was sure this his lower voice only carried the sound that much easier. "I have met a few Isurians in the city, yes. One or two half-bloods as well. If that is what you mean." This time the pause was shorter as he gave up his half-attempt at pretending he didn't know what she had meant.

"No, I have not. No lady-friend of any kind." He surprised himself at that, why hadn't he specified an Isurian kind like she had? Surely his short time in Syliras hadn't changed him that much. "Too much work, practice, and study to find one you see. I am sure if I looked though I could find one." Terag's bluff was half-cooked at best. He tried to convince himself once more that the reason was his schedule rather than his unfortunate bouts of nervousness when it came to interacting with females once they made prolonged contact.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on August 14th, 2016, 5:15 pm

Sayana nodded in understanding at the Isur’s excuse. That’s what it was, but he was still entitled to make his own excuses, and believe them if necessary. “Maybe you’ll find a lady Isur who likes to work as much as you do.”

The Eypharian sat down on the wooden floor of the ship, and for a moment she laid back feeling the rocking of the waves. Angling herself so it wouldn’t be too distracting or upset her balance, she began doing sit-ups. It had been so long since she had properly worked on her core, be it for dance or something else, and it felt good to give her body some dedication.

“Is Alvadas closer to the mountains and to your homeland?” She asked after a set of a dozen sit-ups. “There was a place, a blacksmith, that seemed exclusively run by Isur. But then, the Syliran Iron Works has a lot of Isur too.”

She could feel the flexing of her stomach muscles and the strain as she crunched up and down. Her six hands found themselves comfortably laid one on top of each other, beneath her head, and she fought gravity once, twice, and a third time before resting back down breathing heavily.

“There was this one time in which the whole city turned into an illusion of being on the mountainside. At first it was beautiful, spectacular even, but then I somehow found myself at the bottom of the mountain and couldn’t get back up to where the inn was.”

“But Alvadas is like that. It changes on a whim and with the toss of a miza.”

She gave a smile to Terag and flipped over. The Eypharian began with her mid arms, doing a set of six push ups, then moved onto her highs and lastly her lows. By the end, her abs were burning with the exertion and her arms were only mildly worked.

“Is there a way to better work my arms?” She asked the Isur. “You must have a similar issue since you’d be unbalanced with your Isur arm and your regular arm.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Terag on August 18th, 2016, 9:07 am

Terag frowned slightly at her comment as he thought. Perhaps he would find a female Isur, although the thought stressed him out a bit more than it should since he had been worried recently that he was becoming attracted to some of the other races. There was no reason to choose one of them over another of Izurdin's children after all, was there? Terag let the question ring for only a moment in his head before he cast it aside. Those thoughts could be dealt with later.

Terag raised one eyebrow as he watched Sayana first sit on the ground and then begin to be doing sit-ups. It was not a behavior he had expected of her, or most of the other races for that matter. He was quiet for a few moments as he thought over his answers to Sayana's questions before he responded in common, "Yes, Alvadas is much closer to Sultros than Syliras is. Had to go by boat on the way to Syliras too, it was much calmer though. I am excited to see this shop you speak of though and see what they carry." He gave a confused looked for a moment before he continued. "I do suppose there is a fair number of Isur in The Ironworks. More so than other parts of Syliras, it is hard to tell that there is 'a lot' of a group when you grew up in a city of them though." Terag smiled some, trying to show he was being just a little silly with his comments. He hadn't thought that there were many Isur in The Ironworks, he had often spent his time feeling like there were not enough.

Terag frowned a bit as Sayana spoke of Alvadas and how easily it changed. It was not a thought he held highly after all. It couldn't be too bad if there was an entire store run by his own people, but he couldn't say he enjoyed the idea of everything changing so easily around him without him being able to control it. He thought about it some more as he watched Sayana work her arms some, and then was snapped back to reality as she began to ask him another question.

"A better way to work them? I suppose, it depends on your goal though. There are many muscles in your arms, you have to do different things to work different parts of them." Terag frowned, obviously dissatisfied with his own answer to the question. It hadn't been that long since he had been in Sultros, where you could ask most anyone questions like this and receive a plethora of well explained responses. Unfortunately, Terag had spent more of his time working with a forge than talking about the best way to forge your body. He only had a common knowledge when it came to it, or rather what was common for the Isurians. At the very least he could try to explain better when he meant. earlier.

"A better way would be working more variation into your process I believe. Doing the same work out over and over will only help so much, and perhaps not work out all of your muscles." Terag thought back to the varied routines that younger Isur were put through, like running around the city with weights on and the multitude of stretches and exercises they were made to do to work every part of the body. Most of it seemed fuzzy but he did his best to piece together some of it. "Most of what my people do involves more weight, yes? It is all good to do push-ups, but if you can do that with extra weight on your back than it is even better, if you do not hurt yourself that is. As for being off balance, it has never been an issue that I have noticed. I suppose it is just adjusting with what you grow up with, no?" Terag hoped that would be enough of an explanation. He hadn't thought that his arms might be off balance, adjusting for the difference in grip strength was second-nature. The strength was more or less the same between them, it was more that the Isurian's learned that need not hold back when it involved their blessed arms.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on September 3rd, 2016, 5:29 pm

“Well I do hope you see more Isur. I think it would do you good.” Sayana commented and she flipped over to sit on the wooden deck as she looked up at him. “Even if you don’t end up seeing a lady Isur.” She smiled fondly at the man. Albeit shy, he was a good sport to her teasing.

So sculpting one’s body meant trying different exercises to work out all different parts. Absently, she stretched out her legs on the floor and leaned back on her low arms. Experimenting, she began lifting her hips off the ground and lowering them back down in the new position.

“Yes, this one definitely needs weights,” she noted. “Maybe a nice smooth rock would do. However, there are other things I do that I can’t imagine how to add any weights.” The Eypharian got to her feet and raised her arms above her head. Then with incredible and slow precision she rolled her stomach with a series of small sharp movements. Now that was something she hadn’t done for a while. She could feel it in her abs as she repeated the motion, occasionally cheating and smoothing out the undulation.

“Next time, I’ll have to find some real weights.” She was about to try some new exercise, when there was a boom of thunder and the ship jerked to one side. Sayana caught herself on one of the wooden posts, but it was clear that the storm was getting worse. “Maybe now is not the best time.” She stated with some irony. “We’ll get through. I don’t intend to find myself at the bottom of the sea. But it’s certainly nice to see you again Terag.”

OOCSorry for the late reply. I’m also hoping to wrap up this thread, if you don’t mind.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next