Closed What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Nivel acts as a light to bring Alex out of the darkness a little

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 12th, 2016, 3:43 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Perhaps this was exactly what he needed something to knock him out. As Nivel said it she would alert Ser Greyheart to the situation ahead of him Alex gave a soft smile. The first he’d given in almost three days. He nodded slowly hearing her words and the fact that magic would douse the flames of his internal war for a while. Alex exhaled slowly feeling his stomach sated. Nivels voice pushing through calmly, he’d already completed the first step?
“What….How…” As she began to explain he slowly began to realize that he’d possibly accepted the first step for a great deal of magics. The simplest steps were often the hardest for many people, but then since his time in Nyka and the oddity that was that city Alex had been open to a great many different things.

It wasn’t the most difficult challenge though. Alex slid his knife into the orange again carving off another quarter and slipped it into his mouth whilst listening. He had to feel the energy that lived in everyone and everything? What madness? He couldn’t trust his senses? He couldn’t trust his eyes? The one thing he relied on the most as an archer? Alex sighed slightly and listened to her before she harkened back to a conversation they’d had some time ago, about everything being books. Back then he’d not quite grasped the concept but now listening to her explanation of what magic was, he understood why she held that view on things. Why she believe that everything could be changed, it wasn’t just a pycon thing, it was a mage thing.

Mages played with the very fabric of reality. Nivel didn’t try to mask this she had in fact brought it to his attention a long time past with what she said in the archives that day. Alex closed his eyes and pressed his fingers into his forehead lightly leaving the dagger on the table, the juice of the orange made his fingers tacky as it dried and he could feel that on his head. “So you mean to tell me that, the next step of this is to see everything not as it is but as what it should be, or rather could be?” Alex spoke with a slight air of incredulousness but he wasn’t passing it off. His fingers lowered as he pressed his palm into his jaw taking on a moment of two to listen to Nivel pace back and forth and ponder on what she’d said.

If everything was not as it appeared then what exactly could he do to change things. Wait, he wasn’t asking to change things he was asking to see things as they really were. This magic wasn’t about changing the information it was about reading what wasn’t supposed to be. “Now I get what you mean.” He said with a small smile. His eyes still tightly shut trying to focus on her words.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Nivel on March 13th, 2016, 5:45 am

“Now with this concept in mind, try and see things from a different perspective.” Nivel continued with next step, regardless of whether Alex was ready. He said he understood but she was saying but the mage couldn’t be sure he was truly on the same page. His thoughts were his own after all and even an expert Aurist couldn’t look into them.
“This is the part when your focus becomes more important. If you need to focus on a spot on the wall or your own breathing until your mind is ready, do what ever makes you feel comfortable. Ultimately you want to change the way you perceive things and that can be difficult. Since your essentially opening your eyes for the second time.” The words kept pouring out of her as if she had done this countless times. In reality she was only reciting what her father had explained to her after he discover her interest in magic. She was certain at the time that her father would accost her for looking through his notes but instead he took her on as a pupil so that she would learn the proper way. He was an excellent teacher and she hoped she could channel even a fraction of his prowess.

“After you first see auras it will be fairly easy for you open your eyes again to the sight of auras, it’s reading them that will be your next challenge. Though that would be dangerous to do today, you’ll have to try that another day when your at full health and are near a bed you can use to recover in.” She stopped talking to allow the squire to begin the process. While she wanted she did a bit of mediation of her own.

She cleared her mind and just let herself become more aware with the surroundings. She could hear Alex breathing and the sound of armour clattering to gather outside the room as knights walked by. They were chatting about something but there was too much noise to hear. She did her best to isolate the voices and was rewarded with a bland conversation about training. It wasn’t very exciting to say the least but she was too relaxed to mind.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 13th, 2016, 7:35 am

With the concept of looking at the world as books try to see things from a different perspective? Alex sighed softly with his eyes still closed. His fingers interlaced as he covered his eyes with them trying to focus not on the world as it stood but as the basis of what Nivel had said. Focus on something that cleared his mind. Or something that settled it? His fingers reached down slowly to his neck the icon of Priskil around his throat intermingled with the others rolled lightly in his fingertips as he began to feel his mind calm. The slightest motions rocking back and forth as he felt his mind finally begin to calm to empty as it were.

She continued to speak saying that it was like opening his eyes for a second time? What did she mean by that like he’d be opening a second set of eyes? Or would he be opening another layer of his eyes? Alex took another slow breath edging out the slow motions through his nose. His basis today was simply to try and see them as it would be too difficult to try to read them? Near a full bell passed, as Alex focused on his hand motions, rolling the icon back and forth until he saw a small and very fait light against his eyelids. He focused on it pushed his focus onto it rolling the icon lightly in his fingertips.

What was the light? And then the light suddenly faded into darkness again as he thought to himself. He grunted deeply with an annoyed tone and tried again. A deep slow breath followed by a slower exhale a calm rolling motion of the icon and that small light appeared again. His eyes focused on it, sharpened into it, his mind intent on that small point of light. He could feel a strain at the corners of his eyes and a pressure in the centre of his forehead. Still he focused. He pushed on looking at this light and suddenly it began to move, to flitter about lightly to wobble and shift. To flicker and to fade and then burst into a brighter light.

The light he was looking at began to flicker with his concentration. And as he focused on looking at it, solely looking at it, it began to manifest further and further. Brighter and brighter. Stronger and stronger. Alex exhaled slowly peeling his lips back and hissing the breath out through his teeth as he opened his eyes again.

Nothing.

Alright…One more try. He closed his eyes again, as he felt the words slowly began to creep into the back of his mind. Failure, failure, failure, failure. He pushed them down with sheer force of will telling himself this would be how he found out his own moral standing, whether or not he’d been tainted by his own reckless actions. He drank deep another breath focusing on the blackness and the light appeared again.

He repeated his actions but this time with not only a clear mind but a clear intent. He wanted, no he needed to see. He needed to look past what was and see what lied beyond. This time when he exhaled he let the breath pass slowly through his lips the open air passing through lightly like a clam breeze on a summer morning. He slowly cracked his eyes open again trying not to lose the flicker of that light and as he did, what he saw nearly blinded him, the intese light that blasted his eyes was something staggering.

He could see, well is he wasn’t shrinking back from the sheer intensity. He could see what he assumed to be a blinding light. He looked where he knew Nivel was and saw the source of the light stronger fiercer. He closed his eyes again slowly. Wincing lightly at the brightness. Still that lingering brightness burned behind his eyelids, not as violent but still there. He cracked his eyes open again focusing a little less intently and was rewarded with a gentler glow.

He was staring at Nivel, where she sat on his desk and where she sat, he saw this vibrant and vivid violet hue surrounded what seemed like a halo a soft and gentle baby blue. Something told him it wasn’t able to be touched able to be felt but the sheer vibrancy the sheer colour dazzled him, only then did he realize he was staring at something that Nivel probably didn’t want him to see. He closed his eyes gain and stood. With them still closed and focusing on the light he felt his way around the room to find a mirror, the one which hung on the wall behind him.

Moment of truth…He felt the words rattle around his mind and felt the light dim a little. Holding on it for a moment it flared again. He paused, his fingers light against the edge of the counter top. He was scared…Afraid of what he’d find, of what he’d see. Slow, slowly…His fingers fiddled with the icon again as he felt the light fade. He opened his eyes slowly.

What met him was something he didn’t expect to see. Nivel had described his Aura as pinkish with a blue halo. He saw something completely different. What he saw was a burning and intense, red, flickering like a flame, hewn with a pure almost stark white not quite rolling but shuddering like a pulse streaks passing through the central red light forks of lightning.
It isn’t what she said…Had he done something wrong? Had he been lied too?! His mind snapped into a panic and the colours faded and he fell back into reality. Tripping over his own feet he slammed arse first against the ground the centre of his back colliding with the railing of his bunk. All he managed was to groan. Finally he managed to say something.

“Nivel…It’s not the colour you said it was…You lied to me…” He opened his eyes again, his vision blurred and murky, hard to make out any shapes. He just sat there, his mind reeling, his vision blurred and worried he’d either messed up or he’d been lied too.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Nivel on March 19th, 2016, 4:47 am

Nivel continued to focus her mind on her surroundings, there wasn’t anymore voices to listen to but there was still a plethora of things to focus on. She focused on her own breath and matched it with Squire. His was a bit more laboured than hers but as she listened she could feel it become steady. She took this as a sign that he was soon to see his aura and see what he needed to feel a little peace of mind.

Except it was not meant to be, instead of gratitude or even relief what the pycon received was accusations. It caught her off guard at first and she assumed she had heard wrong, but after letting it process a bit she realized she hadn’t.
“I didn’t lie, thats what I saw.” Nivel retorted in confusion as her nexus strained to uncover clues to solve this baffling mystery. Then she recalled her answer to one of Alex’s questions on the day they met. She said that Auristics was based on perception and interpretation but she only though the method was what changed the aura. Nivel was certain that he would feel something beautiful no matter what method he used, this was clearly not the case.
“I wouldn’t lie to you Alex especially about something as important as this…I sear to Harameaus, Sylir and all the just gods and goddesses.” She let out a deep sigh before continuing to softly plead her case.
“I should have known that Auras would look differently based on a person’s perception, I didn’t mean to get your hopes up…But I hope one day you can see something closer to what I see.”

She turned to walk away knowing that Alex wouldn’t want to look at her let alone talk with her after her deception.
“I’ll see myself out, you need your rest anyway.”
She was so embarrassed and hurt at this moment but she couldn’t cry like organic creatures could. Nivel could only feel the unpleasant stirring within her nexus as she took her first step toward the door.
[ooc=Ooc]sorry for the late and short post. >__<

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 19th, 2016, 6:49 am

His mind was reeling he couldn’t stand he could barely see anything his vision so marred and murky. He was scared. Terrified. For someone like him, an archer someone who relied on their eyes so heavily for their accuracy he was shaking with fear…Was this permanent? Would this never pass? Would he never see clearly again!? Was this the price of earning this power?

He heard Nivel’s voice coming to him a twinge of confusion towards him. Was she that certain? Wait…Auras looked different to each person’s perception? Was he just seeing how he truly saw the world? Was this his clearness of vision? Was it different from hers? If the perception changed the manifestation why wouldn’t it be? After all she was so carefree and so calm. He had so many things weighing down his mind at every moment of the day. Perhaps that had been what shifted his perception?

She’d see herself out? No.
“Nivel please…Don’t go…I can’t see…” He would have fully finished the sentence but his mind was flooded with too many things too many “What ifs”. He struggled to stand his feet sliding out from under him. He felt drained. Like he’d just run in full plate for a solid half bell. His shoulders felt heavy and he struggled to push his remaining strength into his arms and haul himself to a stand.

His legs shook under his weight and he struggled around his bunk, and before he realized it his legs gave out. His entire weight fell as he planted chest first onto his bunk. “Perception changes how you few the auras?” He spoke between short sharp breaths trying his best to calm himself. “Nivel…Why can’t I see clearly? Is this permanent?” He spoke with a twinge of fear to the edge of his voice, he tried his best to control it but for the first time in days he wasn’t fixated on what he‘d done. No he was too fixated on the sheer horror that was the drastic impairment of his sight.

OOCNo worries Nivs :D
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Nivel on March 19th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Nivel stopped in her tacks when she heard the squire plead of her to stay and scurried back. Though it was uncommon, She was well aware of the loss of sight that happened occasionally during Auristics. It was especially common during times of stress and exhaustion, but it wasn’t something to be concerned about in the least. It had only happened to Nivel once after she first tried to read an object, she was stress about the out come and it resulted in her loss of sight.
“Don’t worry it’s just because you’re tired and stressed, It’s why it’s important to be relaxed when doing Autistics. It will go away… I swear.”
She worried he would question the weight of her pledge and heisted to say it again.

“And yes I’m-“ She gave a brief pause as she carefully chose her words “-very positive that your aura is influenced by your own perception. If you still don’t believe me, you will be able to know I’m lying using Autistics. Though that’s advanced, so you’ll have to believe me until then. Agreed?” Nivel out stretched her hand in his direction to allow for a handshake on her proposal, She quickly realized her mistake and retracted it.

“I actually think I can help you with your seeing problem if you’ll let me.” Nivel slowly approached and began to climb his pant leg. It took her a few moments as she struggled to grasp the folds of corse fabric and hoist her dense body up. She was heavier than she looked and may have ran the risk of pulling his pants down if he wasn’t sitting down. She hoisted herself up his bare torso until she finally found herself on his shoulder.
“Okay..this might hurt a little.” The tiny mage warned him before skillfully flattening out her hand and snapping it against his cheek. She showed quite a bit of restraint but it would still sting quite a bit. Nivel hoped this would snap him out of his muddled mind and get his eyes to work again.
“Can you see?” She asked hesitantly.

Last edited by Nivel on March 19th, 2016, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 19th, 2016, 8:52 pm

It would pass…Just hearing those three words set his mind a little less panicked. It wasn’t permanent. It wasn’t a permanent loss of sight for him. He closed his eyes briefly hearing this, an audible sigh of relief washed from him. And then another set of words. He’d need Auristics to tell if she was lying? This magic could do that!? A little dumbstruck he half laid face down on the bunk.

He’d stumbled into something that could potentially seriously help him understand who was and was not telling the truth. Perhaps this would be an invaluable tool as a knight if he could learn to wield it well. However…He’d need to keep tabs on his own state just to reaffirm himself of Nivel’s words. She hadn’t lied to him she’d just forgotten to mention something. And perhaps that was enough to be considered a lie?
“I’m sorry Nivel…I leapt to a conclusion…And if you think you can help I won’t stop you…Or rather at this instance I can’t stop you.” A small chuckle elicited from him. For a brief moment he was back to the person she’d met in the archives. The soft spoke, kind kid. And before he could even ract she’d smacked him right across the face. His eyes rattled in their sockets as he tried to stop his head from rolling.

“Ow…If that didn’t help you may have rattled my brain a little.” He opened his eyes again and the sudden sharp jolt of both pain and power shocked his eyes back to the right senses. He could see clearly, no fuzziness. No blur.
“Thanks Nivel…You’ve helped a lot…More than I deserved…And I’m sorry but I think the lack of sleep and the drain from this has caught up with-” Before he could even finish his final sentiments he was out cold. His mind finally not bombarding him with his failures he could sleep. The only thing that looked a little out of place was how he was sleeping. Half draped over his bunk but a small smile on his face, light and at ease. He wasn’t at peace with what he’d done but it wasn’t on his mind for a brief time…And for that he was truly grateful to her.

OOCNivs one more post from you and were good :D
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Nivel on March 21st, 2016, 2:28 am

“It’s okay Alex I acted rashly. I should have figured this out before I started teaching you magic. I’m supposed to think of every possible thing that could go wrong and be prepared for it, It’s how you be a good instructor of magic. Remember that if you ever want to teach someone else.” Nivel replied before she scaled the giants leg.

The pycon noticed that Alex was starting to sound like he did when they first met and it gave her quite a bit of relief. She very much preferred his more friendly and jovial self more than the dark cloud he was today. She hoped he would stay strong and not fall into the darkness again, but if he did she would be there to pull him out of it.
“I suppose your right” She giggled before hopping on to his foot.

The squire’s eyes went heavy and he couldn’t even finish his sentence before he began to slowly tip to the side. Nivel nimbly abandoned ship and landed on the firm cushion of Alex’s bunk. She poked him a bit but got no response, he was out cold.
“I knew magic would help you sleep” Nivel chuckled as she walked over to the blankets that were crumpled up at the far end of Alex’s bunk. She walked over to them, grabbed an end and struggled to drag it over. She pulled the blankets over his torso as best she could but her size made the task difficult. She had to run around him and pull different opposing corners to get the coverage just right.

“Sleep well Alex” Nivel whispered to Alex’s smiling face. He looked a bit dopey but the pycon couldn’t help but shift her face into smile as well. She decided to watch over him for the night incase he needed help again. She curled up on the mattress near his head and began to sleep.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

What's In A Soul?(Nivel)

Postby Dove Brown on August 7th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Alexander Faircroft
Skills
  • Socialisation 4
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Auristics 1
  • Meditation 1
Lores
  • Adrift in a sea of self-beratement
  • Nivel: persistent company
  • Routine tasks to calm the mind
  • A need to know the truth
  • Auristics: like a book made of light
  • Auristics: perception changes everything
  • Auristics: open your eyes a second time

Nivel
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Grades withheld due to retirement

Comments: Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous