PM to join Learning the Basics (Alexander Faircroft)

Alex teaches Fire the basics of swordplay

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Learning the Basics (Alexander Faircroft)

Postby Firenze on April 4th, 2016, 1:37 am

As she swung, focusing on Alex, his weapon came out to kiss her own. The masked face that he’d worn before came into place as she watched him. This time though he’d changed up the routine. He’d moved closer toward her, his weapon now within range of being able to strike her. Her eyes tried to stay trained on him as she watched from the corner when he’d lifted the sword. When it moved she fought to look but lost the battle as her eyes flicked over to it. The sword within her own hands ready to move and deflect his strike.

Before it had come down though she felt something in her side. Panic struck her, wondering if the man across from her with the toothy grin had just stabbed her unaware. However the sharp pain never came. It hadn’t felt as though it might be a dagger. Her mind switched over to confused. Jumping back and out of range of the long sword she glanced down to find his hand outstretched. He’d… poked her?

He warned her of leaving herself vulnerable and the facade dropped from her face as she began to bust out laughing. Holding her stomach she let the short sword drop again to the dirt beneath her feet. The loud belly chuckle could be heard across the grounds. He’d just poked her!

It was the strangest training technique to train with but the lesson wasn’t lost on her. She’d left herself wide open. Her laugh turned into a soft chuckle as she wiped the back of her hand at her eyes and glanced over. “You really just tickled me,” she tried to contain her fit of giggles at the thought. “If this were any other city I think I would’ve actually been stabbed. I’m glad you only tickled me though!”

Stepping forward she shoved at his arm playfully. “How’d you know I was ticklish? Or was it just a good guess?” Eyes squinted at him, a grin flashed teeth. Rubbing at the spot that he’d poked her she moved back. “I don’t know that I could concentrate now. I fear you might try to tickle me if I leave myself open again… although that might not be a bad thing.” Her eyes flashed at him as her laughter rang out again.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 4th, 2016, 2:05 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Success. He’d managed to get his point across without an issue. However he did notice the panic behind her eyes as she tried to register whether it was a blade he’d just tapped her stomach with. He didn’t expect her however to leap back from him and erupt in a fit of laugher. Perhaps he’d done something a little too humorous? A good couple of ticks passed as she stood chuckling to herself, her blade lying by her side, he let his own sword drop towards the ground, the tip nesting lightly in the sand. Apparently his motions had accidentally tickled her. She’d finally managed to peek the words through the fit of giggling.

Alex couldn’t help but smile broadly himself and chuckle a few times too. It was odd, seeing someone crack that much from a single poke. But she was glad he’d only poked her and that it was him because odds were she’d be right, any other city, and quite possibly any other teacher and that could have been a real weapon, even blunted. But when she spoke about knowing she was ticklish, he half bluffed, half spoke the truth.
“Well I put two and two together, you’re a very happy person, jovial and quick to smile. That combined with the “Line of work” You told me you did before, I assumed you’d have a heightened sense of touch. It was a simple thought train from there.” He’d spoken with a logical lie, not a full one but enough to try and convince her that he hadn’t just gotten incredibly lucky.

He offered his hand out to her as she recoiled a little stating that she’d fear him trying to tickle her again if they continued. Though it might not be a bad thing? A dangerous train of thought that ignited but it was halted as soon as it began for fear of any semblance of colour running to his face.
“You have my word I shall not try to tickle you again. At least for a while” With the flourish of his words and the soft tone of his voice, it was almost his signature way of acting, way of being. Light and polite. He couldn’t ever really let his hair down so to speak and just have fun. He really didn’t know how too, so like always he acted as himself.

“It’s getting a bit later on in the day as well, perhaps we should go and check if you’ve acquired the job. If you fear me that much.” He ended with a small joke, not entirely out of his norm but a sign that he could at least let down some framework of the façade of rigidity that he kept all around him. If Fire looked close enough she’d be able to see that the smile he worse now was much warmer and more genuine than it usually was, a subtle warmth and genuineness that hadn’t fully been there before.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on April 5th, 2016, 12:32 am

He’d dropped his sword as well and she could feel his eyes watching her. She didn’t mind if he might think she was crazy. It had been a long time since she’d had a good hard laugh. It had struck her funny that he would do such a thing when they were both trying to be serious and train. It had been completely random and caught her so off guard that she couldn’t help but laugh.

She was flattered by his comment that he thought she was a happy person. It didn’t always seem like it to her but if he thought so then she would accept the compliment happily. How he’d come up with her being ticklish was a bit strange, not something that she would have thought. It was how he deducted it that was quite curious.

He’d teased her back, she noticed the lightness now in him. It was vastly different than he’d been just moments before and this was the person that she prefered. Grabbing the hand that she’d unintentionally shunned prior she gave a nod with her head. “It is getting a little late and quite the long day! I wonder if they’ll hire me,” teeth bit at the bottom lip with a little bit of worry.

Hear head turned in his direction and she smiled at him and caught his reflected. If he let her she’d lead him to turn in the borrowed gear and then make their way back toward the Rearing Stallion. Thankfully they’d only been there that same day so it would be easier for her to lead them back the way they’d come.

Serving was not something that she had seen herself ever doing but it would make her money. She wasn’t going to complain about that. Almost everything she owned was in Zeltiva. Perhaps she could ask him if he knew of someone that could take her back once Spring came around. It felt as though Spring were ages away and until then she’d just have to learn to live within the confining walls of Syliras.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Okara on August 28th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Grades and Awards

Firenze
Experience
Longsword 5
Meditation 1
Endurance 1
Intimidation 1
Flirting 1

Lores
Basic Sword Stance
The Difference Between Real and Practice Swords
Learning to Protect Yourself
Picking A Target on an Opponent’s Body
Alexander Faircroft: A Thorough Teacher

Notes
Practical note, I can’t tell if your ledger is up to date with living expenses or not. I see that there is some things pending. Please don’t forget to account for Spring 516 since you were active that season. I really enjoyed your writing in this thread, the emotion of Firenze questioning the protectiveness of her bondmate was palpable and well done. I could really feel her agonizing over those memories. Turning Alex’s surprise touch into a moment of humor was also a nice touch, I certainly smiled.

Alexander Faircroft
Experience
Bastard Sword 5
Teaching 5
Intimidation 2
Socialization 1

Lores
Fixing a Student’s Sword Stance
Demonstrating Concepts to a Student
Firenze: A Conflicted Student
Avoiding Flirtation

Notes
I know you requested acting but I just didn’t see it in the thread. If you disagree, PM me and we can work it out. I enjoyed your writing in this thread, Alex is a very thorough and patient teacher. I like the way you handled Alex’s temptation with the flirting, it definitely made me as the reader curious about what is going on in his mind and want to read more.

Please edit your post in your grade request to reflect that it has been graded. PM me with any questions.
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous