Location The Kenash City Gates

All players entering and leaving Kenash need to post at the city gates.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

The Kenash City Gates

Postby Reisen Widerspruch on March 27th, 2016, 7:42 am

516 A.V., 2nd day of Spring, 9th bell 20th chime.

' Hnn... So this here's Kenash, eh?' Thought Reisen as he walked alongside the caravan, the humidity sticking to his skin and making him feel like he'd sweat his hygiene away. He imagined the city proper wouldn't be so bad and he didn't mind the humidity too much, but he knew that he'd rather have some sort of shelter away from the damp air.

It had been many a long day since he joined one of the caravans from Syliras, already missing his father and mother a bit. It was always the same when he left the city for his next destination, that pang of familiarity he'd no doubt miss. But he was a man of the road and he'd no reason to stick around nay longer then he had to such as it has always been since he’d become of age.

This journey would mark his first visit to Kenash however and he’d heard much of it from other fellow travelers. The City of Debauchery was home to some of the richest people in the world and that many who aspire to make a fortune would come here and make the attempt to strike for success. The buildings were grand things and many of them were establishments that catered to those with fine tastes.

The most grand things were the Dynasties, the richest families and founders of Kenash who own large tracts of land and have a hand in perhaps every business in Kenash. Each were like a flavor of drink, varied in tastes and styles yet all were equally grand.

But there are the dark bits too…’ His brows furrowed slightly at what he’d heard, then stumbled a bit as he nearly lost his footing before straightening himself up before looking around to check that no one saw.

He’d heard, and was confirmed, that the city had a heavy hand in the slave trade. That it’s economy was reliant on it for its workforce as much as its reliant on the exports and imports to other lands. To fail at achieving success here was to be bind in chains, and the only chance to achieve success once more could only be in chains with other slaves who knew no other life or were forcibly taken away fromt heir old ones.

Like any sane man, he didn’t wish for such a fate to befall him. He didn’t have the ambitions that brought so many here to Kenash, at least in the monetary sense. No his reasons were different and he didn’t see himself as staying long, just long enough to see all that is interesting.

And he was not disappointed as the caravan came upon the architecture of the Gates that separated Kenash from the wilderness surrounding it, so fine in design yet so rugged and practical. As they moved through it he was quite sure he’d see many more interesting sights.
Collaborative Thread Limit= 2/3

Right, from experience I noticed a tendancy of me taking too many threads I can handle with other people. So I'm establishing that thread limit up there. If the limit is 3/3 then take note that I can't thread with you until one of those threads I'm part of are done and gone.
Reisen Widerspruch
The man on a walk

Words: 46753
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2016, 2:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Kenash City Gates

Postby Bay'Lin La on April 4th, 2016, 6:27 am

Nvm
Last edited by Bay'Lin La on July 10th, 2016, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Kenash City Gates

Postby Millie on April 17th, 2016, 2:50 pm

79th Spring, 516 AV
18th bell

She had arrived.

Trailing alongside the caravan on foot, the woman watched as the gate slowly came into being through the damp, swirling, eddying mists. Her coat was soaked through from a recent shower of rain that had been plaguing them since the morning, but she didn't shiver. The temperature was higher than she was used to, and she sweated slightly under her coat.

She had seen little of Kenash itself, their approach with the horses had occurred at the exact same time that the mist had decided to descend, and so it was all a big mystery to her. She had grown weary of mystery through her journey, the changes and weather, the constant threat of attack, be it from bandits or animals unknown.

More than anything, the woman was bone tired, simply from walking and from the newness of it all. Softly patting the snickering horse to her left, the woman ran a free hand across her face to clear the moisture.

The Kabrin Road that had been their friend this long journey was now no more for them. This was the end of Millie's road. Of course, the caravan would be continuing on after a short stop at the Traveler's Complex, she'd been told they were going on to a place called Riverfall, home of the blue men.

She couldn't find it in her heart to be interested though. She simply wanted to find the vagik who stole Tam. She wanted to see Tam. She wanted everything that she hadn't had the chance to do, those years ago. The caravan moved on ahead, heading towards the Complex.

She followed them, but she was no longer part of the caravan. Without knowing how she would once again reach home, she stepped foot into Kenash, to stay for as long as she needed. Perhaps in her heart of hearts she knew there was something desperate lurking within her, but she pushed it down, again and again.

Now all she needed was to find the wedding.

Graders: Don't bother giving grades to Millie, as I am waiting for this character to be retired! Thank you :)
Millie
Death is but another journey...

Words: 46978
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2015, 1:22 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Kenash City Gates

Postby Savacea Jovellana on April 24th, 2016, 10:50 pm

1st Spring 516 AV

Savacea walked towards a large stone and iron like fence. It stretched out and circled the city proper of Kenash. Cypress trees swayed gently in the breeze, making the tendrils that tethered through, shimmer in a dance. Walking through the gates Savacea chose a path of crushed shell, the noise under her feet made her cringe only slightly. It was something to get used to, something new to her. She missed Black Rock and it's ghosts. The way the place was haunted and had an eerie feel to it just suited her well. She did not know a single thing about this Kenash however, though as she gazed around her she was slowly understanding that it was vastly different compared to Black Rock.

It was a change, a new place, a new start, new poisons to make. Savacea gave a smirk as pulled the hood up on her cloak, heading into the City Proper of Kenash.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Kenash City Gates

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 1st, 2016, 11:52 am

First of Fall
Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Stepping off of the boat Alex noticed one thing which wasn’t going to sit well with him regardless. The humidity. His armour already welt hot and damp, now it felt like he was swimming in his steel. Groaning he stepped across the wooden pathway into the main city of kenash. Up to the large stone and wrought iron gates. Met by and flanked by two guards, they took exception to Alex’s presence, especially with the insane array of weaponry that adorned him. Alex simply sighed and glanced across the pair of them.
“What seems to be the problem?” Alex asked calmly, with his hands by his sides, palms out and open for the two guards to see.
“We don’t get many visitors, carrying quite that size of an arsenal. Who are you and what’s your purpose?” The guard to Alex’s left asked. In response to the comment Alex spoke.
“My name is Alex, I’m a squire with the Syliran knights. I’m pretty certain that doesn’t carry much weight around here, however my reason to be in kenash is I’m looking for someone. I don’t intend to cause harm to anyone, however if someone intends to cause it to me I shall defend myself. Is that sufficient enough of an explanation?” Alex stopped his usual strangely calming voice seeming to work it’s magic as usual.
“Alright sir. Enjoy your stay in our city. Just try not to cause too much trouble. Oh and steer clear of the Dynast, else you may find yourself in more trouble than you can handle.” Alex nodded at the guards words.
“Duly noted.” All he said as he stepped into the city.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous