Refracted Light (By Ornea)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ornea on August 31st, 2015, 9:33 am

Red eagle flying

Ornea is active again, insignificant info for the vast majority, but interesting enough to me and perhaps to some of those who are writing in Wind Reach.

The Inartan metalsmith and former reimancer Ornea returns to Wind Reach after one year in Lhavit, where she went to seek ways to deal with the effects of her overgiving injuries after overusing fire reimancy in an accident in winter 515 AV.

She didn't find what she was looking for, but she found other development and insights. Back in Mt Skyinarta she experiences that she has come home, but she has changed during her time abroad, and will never be the same again.

Her addiction to the magic she can't use remains and she will seek to keep herself occupied with hard work and other things in order to support the Inarta and their city, and forget the sweet whisper inside her mind and keep it at bay.

I don't know yet exactly what I'll write or how much or little it will be. I'll wait for the fall calendar before planning. And I still also have to read up properly about Wind Reach and sort out practicalities.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on November 1st, 2015, 11:46 am

Life goes on in Wind Reach

My new solo thread is named ”Life goes on in fall 515”. Every post is a complete short story, each one of them built on one day in the city calendar.

I like the city storyline.

Wind Reach faces a number of interesting troubles and these has been going on during the latest seasons. The never ending struggle to survive in harsh nature continues. In addition the zith population grows and is getting bolder and they even try to raid the Inarta. Volcanic activity threatens Mount SkyInarta from inside. And now the winter will soon come and shut the city off from the rest of the world for a whole season.

Eagle Picture :
Detail of Golden Eagle by Aubudon; Public Domain
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on December 9th, 2015, 12:49 pm

Back in Lhavit again

I felt I must share this gorgeous picture. And, after a visit in Wind Reach Ornea went back to Lhavit again, with the last trade flight of year 515 AV. It's winter and right now she's settling in slowly. I didn't have plot at ready and must think.

I had thought her stay in Wind Reach would be longer than one season, but it was totally possible to deal with a change. I actually feel content with letting her move earlier. I was wondering how I would react to close down and enforced migration. Now I know. It was perfectly doable.

The sudden departure from Wind Reach added an important IC setback to her storyline and I quite like this. It wasn't possible for her to go back to her former life in Wind Reach. She gained more insight in flaws, losses and shortcomings (some of it remains to be written when WR opens again) and she got a few more things to struggle with and worry about ... I feel it gives more depth to the concept.

My current soundtrack to the storyline: Up to the mountain :
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on January 11th, 2016, 8:58 am

RIP

No words.

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on March 17th, 2016, 10:33 am

Spring hiatus

As spring is super busy I cancelled my plans on writing in Lhavit this season. It's a great seasonal plot, so this is sad, but real life gives me a great season too and I'll have to give priority to this. It's life.

I'm highly motivated to complete threads I have ongoing in previous seasons though. This will depend on what other people want to do. We will see what we'll agree on.

So maybe I'll write a wee bit on older threads. But I'm not going to start at anything new in the spring season.

I'll read a bit and see how everything unfolds :)
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on May 15th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Sudden recall

Yesterday evening right before I slept I suddenly recalled some fragments of music I wasn't able to name, playing in my memory, dreamlike. But today I woke up in the morning and knew. It was the hot air balloon music I posted long ago in the beginning of this thread, joking about Lucis and Lucis in Lhavit coming to pull people up from the arctic sea.

It's odd how things can pop up from the memory out of the blue.

It was a lovely clip. The balloon pictures are gone now, as is most things from that period of time. But as the memory was quite insistent and made me find the music again. I'll post a new link to it.

It used to be air balloons ... :
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on August 19th, 2016, 11:39 am

Kalea Rising

I felt it’s time to update this scrapbook, as I'm exited to see Kalea rise again. Lhavit goes on, and Wind Reach seems to prepare a comeback.

I'll post the soundtrack of my mind in late spring, when I achieved some of the tough work goals I give myself now when I'm my own boss.

Eagle’s Flight! It’s how I want to feel. I will stick to it. I think fall will be good. Turn on your inner eagle folks, turn it on and fly!

Eagle, what else? :
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on August 20th, 2016, 10:32 am

Apparently we've similar tastes in music! I always enjoy the pieces you post. Here's something for you - I also posted it in the WR ooc back when the city first opened. It still sounds a lot like WR to me, might be good for your Lucis & Lucis stuff too.

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ornea on August 21st, 2016, 12:49 pm

This is brilliant. I have listened to it several times now. Thanks Estrellir!

It's a perfect soundtrack to plot I'm thinking of, in Lhavit :)
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on September 7th, 2016, 4:39 pm

The Reason

Today I discovered Maya Angelou. A wise woman. I found this splendid quotation and decided to post it here.

“We write for the same reason that we walk, talk, climb mountains or swim the oceans — because we can.

We have some impulse within us that makes us want to explain ourselves to other human beings.

That’s why we paint, that’s why we dare to love someone- because we have the impulse to explain who we are. Not just how tall we are, or thin… but who we are internally… perhaps even spiritually.

There’s something, which impels us to show our inner-souls. The more courageous we are, the more we succeed in explaining what we know.”

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext