Completed The Pains of commitment. (Yazata)

The cleanup after a mess.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

The Pains of commitment. (Yazata)

Postby Gile Askara on August 29th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Gile Askara

Gile fumed, the afternoon had not been a pretty one,the dull pain on the back of his hand reminded him of that, he'd already cleansed his hand in water for a good couple minutes and had it wrapped, that said he was beginning to think he'd bite the arrow and pay for a healer cause it certainly hurt, the back of his hand had angry raised welts that wanted to bleed, as if the outer layer of skin had been peeled away. ignoring the pain for the moment Gile sighed, his eyes hurt he was tired and he was looking forward to getting home, that said one unpleasant order of business was left for the day, to prevent what had already happened once today he needed to get Yazata tattooed so that nobody else would try to lay claim to him, it was selfish, but Gile had doubts that the poor thing would make it as a freeborn, At least that was how he was trying to rationalize it.

Turning back Gile looked at the boy behind him, while one hand smarted his other was holding the boys hand as he led them to a destination that was mildly unpleasant, it was the action house, where slaves were bought and sold, but it was also the place where one could make their ownership of a slave official and have them marked as one's own. Once Yazata had the mark of the Askara on him even a brazen slaver would have second thoughts about trying to touch the boy. That aside it was a calming presence to have the boy behind him, looking at Yazata he gave him a weary smile.

"We're almost to our last stop, after this lets get you home and safe."

With that said Gile went back to leading him, after a good five minutes of walking the two would make it to the auction house. instead of going through the front the two would enter through the side making their way to the offices kept within. Say what you will about the slave trade being barbaric, Kenash was good at keeping records. Pulling Yazata into an office with him. Speaking to the man Gile tried to be brief and formal.

"I'm here to have the Askara mark tattooed on my new... companion. I'd appreciate a Hasty appointment and am ready to pay your fee to have this done."

Looking up from the desk the man looked over Yazata and back to Gile.

"I'm assuming that you don't want to mess up this ones face, so left hand good?"

Nodding his consent Gile smiled at the man happy that there weren't going to be too many hoops to jump through, the fee alone was a bit exorbitant but if one hundred Mizas would assure Yazata's safety in Gile's custody, it was worth it, He was more than sure that boy would pay himself off rapidly.

Having Yazata sit next to him in the office Gile tried to smile warmly at the boy while holding his right hand. After the man left the office Gile tried to assure Yazata that he was going to be alright, the last thing he wanted was for the boy to lose his calm.

"Yaza, this might hurt a bit but i promise that it's going to make sure what happened today doesn't happen to you again alright."

In a few minutes the man would return with a slaver that specialized in tattooing slaves instead of branding them, the price was a bit higher but in the long run Gile again figure that it was well worth it.

Price :
Documentation of ownership 100 Gold Mizas
Tattooe, 5 gold Mizas

Last edited by Gile Askara on September 4th, 2016, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Words: 68493
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Yazata on August 30th, 2016, 6:43 am

Yazata.

His first few hours in this new soil he found himself in were anything but welcoming, but for the now stranded fallen being, all that could be done about it was to go with the tides of happenings. Yazata was far too tired to go against it, anyway. After all the tension, the screaming, and the lingering confusion that clung to him still, it was a rather nice change of pace to have the peace of silence. His only reassurance in the world was the hand that held his own. Bare feet shuffled slowly, going through the cobbled street in a heavy yet steady gait, as he was guided around this most bizarre of places. His fate from now on, was just as big a mystery that he will not know the answer for until they arrive to wherever this man was taking him. Pale green eyes did not dare look off the floor for long, lest they meet one of the prying ones that seemed to always follow him when walking past. There was a certain indescribable feeling that filled his tight chest: it was that of fear, despair and uncertainty all at once. But at the very least, -the boy reminded himself-, he was not alone.

The long cloak he clumsily held into dragged on stone rustled faintly as he walked, attempting to both keep up with the older man’s pace while not tripping in the long piece of fabric. It was not only his situation he worried about, but that of Gile, as well. What had happened was in no way pleasant and he could see that the man was hurt. But the limit of his capability to help was by giving the injured hand concerned looks and inwardly pray that it is not as painful as it appears. It was only when the man guiding him spoke that the boy looked up, to be met with a smile, that he quickly returned with one of his own. Granted, it was a slightly awkward one, but sincere nonetheless. Home and safety, sounded very tempting by now. But apparently, not yet. There was clearly still something else to be done here. After a tiny whimper, he complied and stepped into the structure. Loud laughter and hushed words, sounds of all kinds and occasionally opening and closing doors. One set of which led them to the inside of an office with a seated person. There were beaming faces, and there were miserable ones. He could not help but be wary, and already disliked this place, and hoped wordlessly in his shivering heart, that their stay here would be a brief one. There were words exchanged regarding a tattoo, his face, and a fee to be paid. Not wanting to be mannerless, the boy waved in greeting to the man when he was looked at. It was a small relief when they were finally sitting down, and his hand was held comfortably in Gile’s.

Turning his head to face the other, Yazata blinked then canted his head slightly to the side. Slowly, the boy’s lips curled up into a little smile, despite the warning of pain. He was not eager to be feeling that, but he can still see that the other was graciously helping him regardless of Yazata having nothing to offer in return. And pain, was not all that scary a notion to the fallen. “I will..be good.” And by that, he meant that he will not trouble the man if he can help it. But Gile said that it will hurt, and hurt it did. For the entire duration of the process, the youth squirmed in his seat, bit his lip, sniffled, and closed his fingers tightly around the hand of his companion in an attempt to not cry...loudly. A few droplets still rolled down his face, and the porcelain cheeks were tinted a red hue with the effort, but in the end, he wore the proud -if wet- smile of a boy who felt that he did well. When he lifted his now marked hand to look at the shape closely, the skin was still stinging a bit. “Gile, what is...this? Tattoo for what?” He had to ask, he had no idea what purpose this served or why it had to be placed on him. Both curiosity and perplextion filled the boy’s spring-colored eyes, and face. Just like he noticed before, it was now more apparent that spoken words came to him easier and faster the more he talked. The last question was uttered with a hopeful tone. “Can we go now?”.

Yazata
Player

Words: 39293
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2016, 8:25 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Gile Askara on August 30th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Gile Askara

Frowning Gile held Yazata's hand through the process though he didn't allow his concern to show overtly, to show too much concern or emotion was to show weakness, not something he was willing to allow, even if he wanted to comfort Yazata. The small pearls of blood that beaded with the ink on Yazata's hand irritated Gile, he didn't like the idea of anything damaging what was his, even if this process was necessary. He'd certainly try to make it up to Yazata eventually, The boy did not yet seem to understand the life he would lead from now on, he was Gile's as far as Kenash was concerned, so the boy's life was now tied to Gile's. Waiting to answer his question Gile smiled and pressed a finger to his lips.

"I'll explain it all soon ok"

When the tattooing was finished Gile led Yazata out of the place swiftly not wanting to spend any more time at the auction house than was necessary. Eyeing the sun Gile watched as the sun began to sink it was probably still a bell away from sundown so he'd make it home before the sun sunk below the horizon, the sun would still be up for a little while by the time they got home. The walk home was quiet and uneventful thankfully, the loudest noises the murmurs of other walking groups and the constant drone of cicadas. When they made it home Gile would usher Yazata in before himself before following him into his small single room apartment, it was irritating to not be living at his business but the renovations it was undergoing prevented him from doing so.

Ushering Yazata to take a seat on his bed Gile would sit next to him. Sighing Gile would draw in a slow breath arranging his words in a way that would not be to harsh on the boy.

"Well, might I again say, welcome to Kenash Yazata. The city of Dynasts, freeborns and slaves... Dynasts are of course the families that run the city, I am an Askara, as such I am a Dynast, freeborns are businessmen and mercenaries that hold and independent existence within the city, and slaves, well slaves come in many shapes and forms from fieldworkers to pretty much any non leadership position within the city. If you are not slave, freeborn or Dynast, you are free to be enslaved killed or nearly any horrid fate at the hands of this cities slavers. What happened this morning was a good example of such, The man we saw today if I wasn't mistaken was rujaro, a society of criminals that seek to kill the dynasts and cause havoc in Kenash. This city is dangerous, so I decided to take you in as my own. As long as you bear that mark now tattooed to you belong to me, and to the Askara family, nobody will try to bring harm on you again while you have it. A slave's life may not be the easiest or the most classy, but I assure you that I'll give you a better life than anyone else in the city. So i hope you can forgive me forcing you into my employ."

Sighing Gile would pull the boy into a hug if he would let him, if not he would simply let the boy try to absorb his new life.

"Anyway, for now, Welcome Home Yazata, I hope you can enjoy your stay in this city. oh and, you don't have to be brave any more today, so, try to relax alright."

Gile hoped the boy would be able to calm down and sleep, he looked like he needed rest and Gile wasn't too far from desiring sleep either. Looking at the boy was difficult though, he felt kinda like scum for a moment, he'd taken advantage of the boy's innocence and trust and forced him into his service, he felt a twinge of regret for taking something so pure for his own desires. for a moment a thought struck the back of his head, could Syna be watching me and judging me right now? the ethereal were the children of the gods of day and night and Gile wasn't so foolish as to want to make enemies of the gods. He really would have to tread carefully and look into that.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Yazata on August 31st, 2016, 11:48 am

Yazata.

The trek out of the building and towards yet another destination was made in silence that only broke whenever the stinging in Yazata’s hand flared, causing the boy to whimper faintly. He was told that Gile will explain to him soon, and he had complied with that by asking no more questions. Regardless, the curious gaze still roamed the city’s features and the faces of its denizens as they walked. Buildings, people, roads. Everything was taken in and marveled at, in an almost unconscious attempt to keep his mind occupied as to not keep thinking about his hand, what happened earlier, or what will happen next. Short hair fluttered lightly in the breeze, clear bright eyes roving around the premises wordlessly. The blending hues of warm and cool colors painted the stretching skies of dusk, with a thin screen of white clouds forming white patches in an otherwise colorful expanse. Very faintly, stars began to wink and twinkle in the darker parts, while the dying light of day was disappearing slowly behind the horizon. Syna was not completely leaving yet, and still, the fallen’s heart squeezed with yearning that was not unlike that of a child longing for a departing mother. And just like a child, he had to wonder why did the beloved brilliance abandon him. Thankfully, for his sanity, he was not left to his wretched thoughts for long.

The arrival to what appeared to be Gile’s place of residence plucked him out of his musing, and directed his attention at the small apartment he was being ushered into. There was only a smidgen of hesitation in the youth’s slow footfalls, as he made his way in. Unfamiliarity made him cautious, especially after the day’s earlier events. The bed he was made to sit on, was soft and warm; a very inviting combination to one who was tired and worn out. The bashful boy cleared his throat and eyed his companion expectantly, legs waving nervously, back and forth, while he waited for the sighing man to say something. Just as promised, Gile began to speak his explanation, which Yazata listened to while pulling the fabric of the cloak a bit tighter around his body. At first, there was only attentiveness at the information being given, regarding the nature of this city. Dynasties, Freeborns, and...slaves. The more Gile spoke, the clearer his image was of what the current situation is. A slave. He, is now a slave. It was not a choice he made, nor one he could protest about now that he knew just what kind of person Gile is to him. His owner. But the slowly dawning realization of his thraldom was not why Yazata’s smile dissipated, and his face fell. If anything this means that he really cannot go back. There will be no returning to the heavenly abode he was blissfully living in before this ordeal struck him, and sent him plummeting into a realm most unkind.

Misting eyes stared, dumbfounded, at Gile for a few seconds after he finished talking. The words he heard clearly, could not be fully registered until he was eventually hugged. With that embrace, and the earlier reassurance that it was alright to relax, he was finally able to open his mouth and speak. “I cannot go back…I cannot...go back...” The spilling words came out of quivering lips, more a statement than a reply. After finally giving in to the urge to weep, and sobbing on the warmer chest for a moment, the boy was finally letting his frayed nerves calm down. Slender fingers moved to wipe droplets of saline tears off his flushing face, but the motion only served to smear them even more on the fallen’s skin. “What do I do now?” The life of a slave was not one he was familiar with, he had to ask, and he had to know. “And this...it hurts?” His hand moved to gingerly slip under the palm of Gile’s wrapped hand, not wanting to touch the back that he knew was wounded. Even with everything that had happened, and everything that was still happening in this wild ride of a day, Yazata did not forget that the man had sustained this injury while protecting him.

Yazata
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gile Askara on August 31st, 2016, 3:38 pm

Gile Askara

Gile's brows furrowed as the boy buried his face in his chest. This was painful in a unique way, he wanted to comfort the boy, but at the same time wondered if he should or even had the right to do so. He was the boys master and the boy was his slave, that said, if his father was anything to go by, there was nothing wrong with being compassionate with one's slave as long as they understood the boundaries of what they could do. Saving such thoughts for later Gile decided to let the boy cry on him for now, he'd earned it that said it was an odd feeling, nobody had ever cried on Gile before, in fact Gile wasn't sure where to start at all when it came to caring for the mental well being of another person, particularly if that person was coming to grips with the fact that they couldn't return to the heavens from which they had come. But how was he supposed to tell the boy that he wouldn't be returning to the heavens any time soon.

"No... I'm sorry Yazata but you might be here for a while. So for now, just stay here with me, It won't be the easiest or as nice as where you came from, but I'll keep you safe."

When Yazata made a move for his bandaged hand Gile gently tugged it away not wanting to let the boy see the ravaged skin beneath the bandage, the boy should be more concerned with his own hand, still red and puffy from the tattoo. His hand would take some time to heal, it was probably going to take a while for it to heal up, but he had accepted the wound as part of the price he'd have to pay to keep Yazata to himself. The boy was a small treasure and he'd keep him as his own safe from everyone else. He was not a child perhaps but he was still innocent in this world and if Gile could preserve that innocence and trusting nature the boy had then he felt that it would be one of the first good things he'd done in a long time.

"I'm fine, it hurts no worse than your own hand, so don't worry about it alright, for now you need to rest, tomorrow will be a busy day."

Laying back onto his bed Gile kicked off his boots but otherwise stayed clothed. Then pulling Yaza's slight form onto him gingerly playing his hand through the boy's hair gingerly, before pulling a thin blanket over them both. As Gile was doing this the city outside was coming to rest as well and thus sun finally sank beneath the Horizon. Letting his eyes close Gile figured he wasn't quite ready to sleep but he'd sacrifice some of his time to making sure the Etheafal was alright. He didn't know much about the mysterious children of the sun and moon but he did know that they were precious and unique to the world. It was no small feit that he now had an Etheafal as his slave, the first slave he'd ever had to himself, though that was perhaps a convoluted thought, after all he hadn't known he'd wanted a slave until he'd seen such an opportunity to claim one. But if this was to be his and Yazzata's relationship he'd have to try to make sure that he didn't come to hate him.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Yazata on September 1st, 2016, 12:56 pm

Yazata.

The reaffirmation of his thoughts was, in a way, both terrifying and liberating. Gile’s words, as much as they stung, were helping the fallen accept that all he can do now, was focus on what is to come rather than what had been. He was no longer a dweller of heavens, he was now a resident of this...Kenash, and a marked slave owned by the man who found him. While he found Gile to be chivalrous and generous, Yazata cannot say at all that he knew the first thing about the man. Well, except that his name was Gile Askara, and that he is now the other’s property. It felt almost surreal, to the point where he did not know what to feel about it. The promise to keep him safe was both reassuring and appreciated. The tearful sobbing died out eventually, and was replaced by occasional faint sniffling. The tear-stained cheeks puffed slightly when he was denied the touch to the other’s hand. It is not like he actually could do anything to sooth Gile’s wound, but the concern was still there. This, was all because of him. Because the man tried to protect and shield him. Guilt gnawing at him mercilessly, even as he retraced his own hand and pressed his lips together in a tiny pout. His own hand still hurt, yes, but he was trying to not think about it too much. It will pass, he told himself. It will pass, and he will be able to function better once the turbulence in his mind settled down.

“Okay…” All he could do was accept the other’s dismissal of his worries, and nod with a renewed smile to the suggestion of rest. That, was really something he needed sorely. His body ached after his ungraceful fall, his head was getting increasingly lighter, and his lack of proper clothing left him needy for any kind of warmth. This is why, when he was pulled to join Gile on the bed, there was no protest or hesitation. Obediently, the Yazata complied to the motion, and bashfully let his body be led lay on the slightly larger one. Just as expected, there was comfort there, and a little bit of awkward sheepishness at the unusual contact. The fingers that carded through his auburn crown of hair, nearly had the Ethaefal purring. He loved the feeling so much, and that showed in the form of a happy and content smile on his face, while his eyelashes fluttered. In just a second his eyes were closed, and he was relaxing much more into the embrace. But the eventful day had one more surprise for him, still.

Just as the last rays of sunlight died out, and the celestial disc dipped completely below the horizon to make way for Leth, a transformation the youth was not aware of had been taking place. Crystalline horns melted into non-existence while the lustrous reddish locks turned an inky black. Complexion that was pearlescent turned into a healthy faintly tan one. But the unsuspecting boy did not stir until he felt the foreign and additional weight that was instantaneously sprouting out of his midriff. Eyes flew wide open to reveal a much more intense green than the hue they carried before, and they promptly landed on not one, but TWO sets of extra arms-- The flinching boy jolted up into a sitting position with a small yelp, forgetting that he was on top of another and instead focusing on the limbs that moved nervously in tandem with his ‘original’ ones. “What--...How--...” He was only halfway into questioning this very much unexpected development when, just like back in the beach, he began to see the vague images of recollections that he seems to have retained from...some other place, some other time. They were distant memories of merrymaking, of bright sunlight and vivid colors, and of people with forms that were not unlike the one he had now. This, was a life that felt both familiar and nostalgic, and somewhere in his instincts, he recognized it as his own. “Gile, I--” Still very much in shock, he searched for the other’s eyes to glean any kind of understanding there. Why this was happening to him, he did not know. He only knew that he could flawlessly move all of his limbs without so much effort, and that -for some odd reason- it was a very amusing sensation. Uncontrollably, the boy nervously giggled, as he closed and opened all six of his hands simultaneously. Still disregarding the fact that he was sitting on his master, his hands went to peel off the cloak, inspect his head, face, and the rest of his unclothed body for any other changes. “I am different, I am...me from before, way before.” This time, when he spoke, he was almost chuckling. Temporarily, sleepiness flew out of the window, and was replaced by childish fascination. Eventually, when he was already done checking himself out, and making sure that every part of him was intact, he lightly flopped on top of Gile again. What a bizarre day this has been, and what a start to his new if somewhat strange life. He was tired, really tired. And perhaps if he closed his eyes and drifted off into the land of slumber, he will find out that this was a dream all along. It only took a few seconds for the drowsy, six-armed youth to succumb to the lull of sleep, but not before softly whispering two last words to the man below him.

“Good night.”

Yazata
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gile Askara on September 2nd, 2016, 1:51 am

Gile Askara

Gile knew that Etheafals were different, but hearing about something and seeing it were two entirely different concepts, as he lay on his back playing with the boys hair examining the small horns that adorned his head like natural jewelry. When the two horns began to disappear before his eyes he watched with curiosity as they faded away into nothingness this was followed by the hair twined around his fingers turning to a shade of ink like black.The last part of the transformation witch Gile was the least prepared for was the appearance of for extra arms sprouting beneath Yazata's original two.

When Yazata's eyes flew open and he sat straight up Gile grunted in mild discomfort as parts of his anatomy suddenly felt themselves being crushed under the boys no longer dispersed weight. Biting his tongue Gile let the boy have his moment of revelry, looking way slightly when the Eth pulled off the cloak to reveal his completely new and nude Eypharian body. Gile smiled a little from embarrassment and from amusement as the boy experimented with his newfound limbs opening and closing all the hands with dexterous ease.

“I am different, I am...me from before, way before.”

When those words came from Yazata's Mouth Gile arched an eyebrow trying to understand the meaning of the phrase. It was an interesting concept, the idea of the transformation, he knew almost nothing about it but at a later date Gile would certainly have to take the time to examine the Eypherian anatomy that the boy now sported, it would possibly open more business opportunities for him and allow him to bring in a wider variety of clients. That said when the boy laid back on top of him Gile thanked his exhaustion else he wasn't sure how to handle this now naked creature laying on him. Deciding on the best course of action Gile grimaced and pulled covers over the boys nude frame. When the boy whispered good night to him Gile didn't bother to murmur back the saying, he wasn't one for frivolous superstitions and sayings.

Letting his hand return to twirling through Yazata's hair Gile wondered just what he'd do with the boy now that he had him, he would have to teach him his trade, it would be nice to have an assistant Masseuse to work with though Gile was unsure of whether he would pass on his knowledge of hypnotism, it was an art form that Gile was unsure of ever revealing knowledge of again it worked better when nobody was aware of it, as such the less people who knew about his powers the better. Furthermore he'd have to get the boy some clothes, and his own bed, the thought of sleeping with the Etheafal every night was decidedly a dangerous thought. Beyond that though Gile let a wan smile cross his face, this was an interesting way to shake things up in his life, he had been getting bored with the status quo so perhaps this new set of responsibilities would take his mind off of his many woes. Tomorrow morning would be a fun one he decided, he'd take the Etheafal's mind off of his troubles and show him just what his lone of work was in one fell swoop.

With that in mind Gile let his eyes close as he continued to enjoy the silky feel of Yazata's hair in his fingers.

"G'night Yaza"

He whispered more to himself than anyone else.

Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on September 9th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Gile

XP:
Observation - 2
Rhetoric - 2
Teaching - 1

Lore:
Slaves: Mark Them, or They're Not Yours
Kenash: Auction House
Educating Yazata about Kenash
Guilt over "Enslaving" Yazata

Yazata

XP:
Observation - 3
Endurance - 1

Lore:
Kenash: Dynasts, Freeborn, Slaves
Rujaro: Society of Criminals
Slavery as a Favor, not a Curse
I Cannot Go Back

Click Me! :
This was... unusually sweet. Gile is something of a paradox, isn't he? A driven, ambitious and often-ruthless man who is still a good one. I liked Yazata, too, especially his tragic, horrified realization that no, he cannot go home.

Gile, this is the third time I've had to ask, but you REALLY need to start proofreading your threads and using spellcheck. Within the first two paragraphs I saw "action house" instead of "Auction House", and there were plenty of others. Keep this up and I'll start deducting points.

Also, regardless of the thread, the first poster HAS to include a Timestamp: Day, Season, Year, at a minimum. I'd add those after, Gile. I know this is a direct sequel to another thread you guys have, but it still needs the stamp.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4