Konti Isle Map Development Discussion

Questions, Suggestions and Updates on the in-progess map of Konti Isle Project

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the development forum for Mura and all of Konti Isle. Herein contains the Suggestion Box, and any discussions anyone wants to have about the further development of The Konti as a whole.

Postby Tap on July 30th, 2016, 4:06 pm

Another upate. This time the map should include all locations listed on the linkmap except the ones that fit the expetions listed here; A) Their location is undetermined (see below), B) Their location is dependent on the fact that Mura contains Silver Lake which is not true. I have posted all of these location issues in the development discussion forum here C) The location is a private residence that I do not deem important enough to include on the map since these two locations belong to inactive PCs or D) The location is not inside Mura City limits and will be added to the Konti Isle Outlined Map eventually.

13: Laviku's Lookout. Its location is based off a quote from its location page here.
Nestled in the reef itself... a western wing that leads out to a large viewing area that looks out into open ocean and then there is an eastern wing that looks out over the inside of the reef.

14: The Cards. Its location is based on a quote taken form its location page here.
Tucked into the corner of Mura, close to the Silverwood.

Other Additions:

- Laviku's Grace: This is a huge reef located off the coast of Mura. It is represented by a light blue abstract shape in the ocean. This will be added to a Key later.
- Kelp Forest: It is mentioned in its location page here that the Kelp Forest is
within Laviku's Grace... [Kelp] grow[s] everywhere within the reef. This kelp dots the inside of the area like the Vian Tree does on land.
I represented the Kelp Forest with dots of green inside Laviku's Grace. This will be added to a Key later.

Mura Update 3 :

Locations not listed because they are outside Mura city limits :
- Silver Lake
- The Forgotten Tower
- The Crystal Cavern
- Silverwood Forest (Which actually surround Mura but I just didn't label it)
- Silver Lake Lodge
- The Ride Paddies
- The Vision Springs

Location Questions:
- Deepwater Hole has no inclination to where it is located on Konti Isle. Anyone have an idea? Also in my opinion is seems very underdeveloped someone should revamp that.
- The Silent Gardens has the same placement problem.

Looking at this map with most the locations in it it looks sparse and way too big. I know a lot of locations are listed because they have lore issues, but as of now I still need help scaling. I also might make the ocean around Mura larger and perhaps make Mura city limits a bit smaller.

Eventually I plan to add roads, waterways and basic residences.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Tap on September 11th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Ok guys, I am bumping this. I really need help with the map! Whether you have advice on how to scale or how large certain locations may be compared to others. If you have any criticism on where a location is or who it is drawn. If you have any idea where a location listed as not being specified in placement is or know of a thread that hints to its location.

I really need help with this if its ever going to be finished.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Aladari Coolwater on September 14th, 2016, 9:38 pm

I don't believe that those locations listed on the linkmap could manage to house the entire population (2 thousand) looking at the lore page. So, there must housing in a residential area somewhere.

Also, the lore page notes that canals run not only around, but through the city with there being a few at the city's core. Unless I'm completely blind (which is possible), those are not yet pictured on the map. These also include bridges and other crossways for pedestrians of a more terrane nature. Adding those would make the city appear busier, and more full.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Tap on September 14th, 2016, 10:05 pm

You're speaking of the residential locations listed on the Linkmap? I know the lore states that most if not all housing is half in half out of the water. And therefore on the coast... But is the coast large enough to house that many? Again scaling issues... If there is housing somewhere else, where would it be?

Also I completely forgot about canals and such. However I won't be ale to put them in until I know where all the locations are placed as some locations state they are on or near a canal and I don't want to make a canal only to realize there's actually a building there.

Canals will be one of the last things to be put into the map. But thank you for reminding me of that!
Grader Note :

Tap

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Aladari Coolwater on September 14th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Are all of the costal locations designated half/half, or could it be that housing lines the coast, and then the businesses are behind them? That way they would still be costal compared to inland locations such as the gardens and the center of the city, but be far enough to make room for residents. Or, of course, it could be a matter of scaling, as you mentioned.

There's probably not a winning time to do canals. If you do it before, you'll have canals where businesses should be, and if you do it after, then the businesses might be too close together to fit canals- the opposite problem.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Tap on September 15th, 2016, 3:59 am

Hmm that is a good question, probably one for Eff or Goss. Though I wonder. Businesses would definitely depend on their description. If they dont mention an underwater portion then it can be assumed they are not directly on the coast. However if they do then obviously they would be on the coast. I wonder if some houses are on the coast, half in half out, if some are fully on land. ooor what if some are completely in the water with a second story above water? that would be cool.. Someone should write where and how the housing is Mura works. I only think theres a little of it.

And yeah I get what youre saying about the channels. Though I think it would be easiest for me to do that at the end and fix small things rather than work around it now.
Grader Note :

Tap

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous