OOC Info [OOC] In the Murder

Discussion Board

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Hwyn on September 21st, 2016, 12:39 pm

Given that I'm not planning on spending a week in the company of a giant spider I would not mind involvement in this thread when it get's started up, plus lores on Nuit would be interesting.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Crow on September 21st, 2016, 2:05 pm

I am allowing minnim to run that event. If you have any questions regarding more of the details than what I sent you go ahead and ask. Also please standby on the details and pilots of the cursed items. I should have time today or tonight to finish them off.
Crow

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Minnim on September 21st, 2016, 3:05 pm

Link here for the event. Join as you wish. Let me know if you see anything out of line
Minnim
Old Soul

Words: 42496
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:27 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Evarista on September 21st, 2016, 3:58 pm

Can I join the event as a spider? Or am I only allowed to play the spider in the quest thread? My involvement won't be conventional, i.e. Evarista will probably just drop in, make a mess and then leave the scene, unless something prompts her to stay.
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Crow on September 21st, 2016, 4:03 pm

You can RP as the spider in whichever thread you feel. I recommend getting with Hwyn to see how he wants to play out or possible plot his escape from the spider, but there is a concept of a fluid time within Mizahar. Meaning that you a free to post after events have actually taken place, you just have to take into consideration what happens.

Edit: be sure to involve the spider trying to hide and etc... otherwise the soldiers would just kill it outright.
Crow

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Crow on September 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm

Here are the items required for your pilots to the market threads. Each of you will be given a pilot which are exactly the same. From there you will self moderate the thread to take it in whichever direction you feel would fit necessary. This plotline means that unless you want to collaborate with another PC you are not required to do such. Just assume that each of your PCs go to the market at different times.

Edit: Remember that your character will know nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing about the items at first. The merchants will not tell you about them because they are eager to get rid of them.

Alija
ImageViolin (uncursed) - 50gm with discount 45gm

The dark features of this wooden Violin were hand crafted from a distant swamp. Not much is known as to how it had reached the caravan, but rumors surrounding this violin had stated that it has been passed around from merchant to merchant for over a decade. The overall quality of the Violin is in decent shape and has recently just had new strings placed on it to help sell the item. If one was to attempt to play beneath the bridge of the Violin it would release violent screams which would echo. These screams have no effect other than being severely annoying
x
x
x
x
x
ImageFlute (uncursed) – 5 sm with discount 4 sm 5 cm

The bones of this segmented flute were carved by a long forgotten Myrian. Due to the nature of them resembling human bones the flute has never been appraised. Markings within the flute seem to resemble that of the Goddess Myri, but those unfamiliar with such markings would only note unfamiliar inscriptions. When all pieces are placed together to form one flute a number of sounds it can make would impress any musician. Only those expert in flute could ever hope to hit every note on the flute and be able to play it proficiently.
x
x
x
x
x
ImageSilverware (cursed) – Full Silver Ornate Fork, Spoon, Knife – 5gm with discount 4 gm 5 sm

These ornate pieces of silverware are far more expensive than their counterparts; A fork, spoon, and knife crafted with a similar theme of resembling a skeleton. The owner of these prized and ornate eating utensils served Glorg, the Alvina of Gluttony. The owner died and empowered the utensils with his madness and unhealthy amounts of consumption. If anyone takes ownership of these utensils and chooses to eat with them they will find themselves unable to stop consuming food until everything on their table has been consumed. This may result in the owner feasting until the point to which they will throw up. Once this occurs the owner will feel a strange connection to consume more and more. Food is more alluring when one is holding these utensils, but until one eats with the utensils the effect does not work. Once all food has been consumed the owner will feel sick and guilty. This item has never been identified or appraised.
x
x
x
x
ImagePainting (cursed)- 15 gm with discount 13gm 5 sm

A strange painting of ships on some sort of water. This painting will always be perceived differently every time someone looks at it. At one moment the ships will appear to look perfectly normal, and at another, it will look as if the ships are about to sink. The birds and people will usually look as if they are in different places each time one looks at it, but unless it is closely inspected will not be apparent. This item has never been identified or appraised. The natures of those who painted this strange and alluring piece are unknown, it features no marks to tell who it's artist is. It has been passed from merchant to merchant due to the great misfortune that it brings to travelers. When traveling with the painting, especially oversea, nothing tends to go right. Things that would never break down do, and caravan or boat travel proves to be extremely difficult resulting in a 50% increase to travel times. Please PM the ST of whatever city you reside and are traveling to so they can figure out the details with you.

x

Vladislov
ImageSymnestra Armor (Cursed) -90gm with discount 81gm

This armor is constructed in segments which take a long while to fully equip. As such the previous owner of this armor constantly wore it. It features nothing unique aside from being constructed from various insects which include spiders, beetles, dried fungus, and other strange arthropods. This item is rare because the native wearers of the armor lives on the other side of the world. No one aside from a symnestra would buy it. As such it has been sitting collecting dust over time waiting for the right person to finally use it once again. Once a person equips all pieces of this armor, they will find themselves feeling as if it is a part of them. They will be unable to deal with the fact of taking it off, and grow extremely impatient should the need ever arise to remove it. When removing or putting on the armor the user will have anxiety and a deep need to fully equip it. The armor itself also tends to draw forth all sorts of insects and occasionally will result in the user feeling as if his skin is crawling.

Xen
ImageCharge Basin (Cursed) – 25gm with discount 22gm 5 sm

This Basin once belonged to a magecrafter who was drowned in it after not meeting the demands of his customer. His flesh and blood seeped into it as an item was cooling and resulted in a violent explosion which charged the basin itself. This item has not been appraised or identified. Mysteries surrounding the basin tend to point to it being haunted by a malevolent ghost, but those claims have never been accounted for. Those who would dare attempt to create anything magical from this basin would result in an unpredictable and often negative boon on the item. (must pm ST)

Evarista
ImageSpyglass (uncursed) – 100gm with discount 90gm

This spyglass was constructed of wood from an unknown sailor and gadgeteer. The spyglass lost at sea, was found by some Svefra traders which later traded it to a caravan. There isn’t much known about the device, and often times those impatient with figuring out how it exactly works would just set it down in frustration. The spyglass itself features three rotating looking glasses which can focus it and would sometimes result in the vision appearing upside down. One could also extend the spyglass for varying distances. The spyglass is able to see at distances between 1x-12x, and focus is extremely hard to dial in for those without a gadgeteering skill.
x
x
x
x
ImageMagnifying Glass (Cursed) – 100gm with discount 90gm

This item has not been appraised or identified. Although featuring what may look like a gold wire encompassing it and a stone, this magnifying glass is actually composed of D-wire. The large stone or glass (merchants are unsure which) locked within serves as a magnifying glass. It can concentrate light into a singularly focused point resulting in the eventual fire if one was to discover such a use. It can also aid in the inspection of smaller items. The item itself reacts strangely when magic is used with it giving off a feeling of eeriness. The D-wire it is composed of results in the draining of Djed should any user attempt to use magic with this item, with no increase or amplification of the said magic. This function always results in the user’s over-giving. Such over-giving is amplified in such a manner that it can result in physical or mental determents (IE: nosebleeds, unconscious, pain, hallucinations, etc.). Once the item has been inspected properly the user will be able to discover that their Djed which was drained from them was held in the other stone. This will finally allow the magic user to channel their magic without pooling into their own Djed reserve, but that of the artifact. Note: The player must RP this item to the full aspects of overgiving to be granted the ability to use it without Djed. (User must Roll with the ST to determine effects of the artifact. Gaining knowledge over tapping into the reserves requires ST approval)
Crow

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Evarista on September 21st, 2016, 11:02 pm

Those are some jolly fine gubbins you've got there. Did you pull all that out of your crow's nest, you kleptomaniac?
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Crow on September 22nd, 2016, 2:35 am

Crow

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Benare Nitrozian on September 23rd, 2016, 12:53 pm

If anyone's interested in training, reply or shoot me a PM and let me know, by training I usually mean combat. :)

Don't hesitate, plus we could always do something afterwards. I'll write about anything really.
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Hwyn on September 23rd, 2016, 12:55 pm

if he's got the time for it, I'd recommend doing combat training with Bartholomew, he's leaving this season for the quest but early fall should be game.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext