The Inevitable Bathing of a Street Urchin [Jokor and Keres]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Keres on October 23rd, 2010, 8:33 pm

Once Jokor had dressed himself completely, Keres had to keep him from sitting. “No, sitting bad. Move for warm-p-th.”

Keres reached in the bag again and extracted three of the 5 juggling balls. “Come out. Verduth say you jug-ale,” keres said referring to their previous conversation the night before.

Keres then replaced the pack on the floor and gathered Jokor's old cloths from their corner, and proceeded out the door. He tossed the balls in an arc one at a time at Jokor expecting that he would have at least caught one of them, but no. This is going to take time, thought Keres as he walked away leaving Jokor chasing the balls.
Keres
Circus Co-Organizer

Words: 35184
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2010, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Jokor on October 23rd, 2010, 9:44 pm

Jokor looked a bit annoyed at Keres as he stopped him from sitting on the bed. Saying somehting about it being bad and that he should be moving.

Jokor tried to look over Keres shoulder as he began to digg in his bag and extracted the brightly collored balls they bought earlier today.
“Come out. Verduth say you jug-ale,”

Jug-ale? Does he mean Juggle? Jokor wondered a few moments before he saw one of the balls fly straight beside his face, Starteled he held up his arms to protect his face,accidently swatting the second one Keres threw to the other side of the room. The third one that keres throw ended up just hitting his chest and falling through the ground. Jokor looked a bit ashamed while he ran after the Balls that were rolling through the room.
After Jokor gathered all the balls and he was again a bit warm from all the running around in the room. Jokor sat down on the bed, Trying to figure out how the heck you did juggle? He only saw Verduth trying it once and got the idea what he was supposed to do.
Jokor threw up one of the colored balls unfornutaly the ball hit the cieling and fell right on his head. "Damnit!" Jokor cursed before dropping the other two balls on the bed and running after the fallen one.
Jokor glared at the bright yellow ball when he got a hold of it again.
He had half a mind to stop with it now and just go and just do something else,But Keres said he needed this for wathever the little clay man was planning to do and he got money for that. So Jokor gave a loud sigh. "Lets just try with one ball until I can catch that one." Jokor muttered before trying again and again.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Keres on October 23rd, 2010, 10:27 pm

Keres assumed that Jokor would take quite some time to even get started at something that actually resembled juggling. He carried the wet cloths out into the street, he had developed a plan for these cloths, but it would it would have to wait for another time. For now, they needed to be dry.

Keres found a spot in the sun where he could easily lay the cloths out to dry, but he didn't trust these people enough. Although, on further reflection, who would bother stealing them? Either way, Keres spreed the cloths out before sitting beside them. He crossed his legs under him and began to relax his body. He focused on his thoughts, working each one over, turning them onto themselves within his mind while trying to understand them. Each thought yielded something different, but each one showed, afetr some time, that it was linked to something outside of him. He concentrated on these links, many of them were weak; the result of habit rather than reason. These thoughts he attempted to expel from himself, but found that the returned with slight variations.

He sat doing this, while keeping his eyes on the door that lead to their room, for more time that he considered keeping track of.
Keres
Circus Co-Organizer

Character sheet

Postby Jokor on October 23rd, 2010, 11:39 pm

Jokor let out a victorius yell as he catched the yellow ball for the 14th time in a row. Well catching one ball only took Half a bell or so to learn, How hard could two be? Jokor thought as he grabbed another of the colored balls, He would have this juggeling thing mastered in no time.

two chimes later..
Jokor let out a cry of frustration as he failed to catch the ball again.
He grumbled a few words underneath his breath as he went to retrieve it.
" I can't even hold it in the air for a few seconds how the heck am I supposed to do this?" he tried again, throwing the balls in the at the same time, Cursing as they bumped into each other and fell to the ground.

OOC: yes that is not whow you Juggle, but Jokor doesn't know that does he?
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Keres on October 24th, 2010, 12:08 am

Keres felt the cloths for dampness. There was no doubt that they were still damp, but they were certainly dry enough to take back inside despite the fact that they still smelled rather bad. He gathered them and proceeded back into the room with the expectation of finding Jokor napping.

He was surprised to open the door as see one of the balls roll past. So he still has not figured this juggling this out yet]/i], he thought. After placing the bundle of damp cloths on the floor, Keres picked up one of the balls. [I]Maybe he should work on catching first. Keres got Jokor's attention and tossed the ball at him, huffing slightly when Jokor missed catching it. This will take some time, he thought as he picked up some of the other balls and set himself to the task of getting Jokor to reliably catch the balls.

END
Keres
Circus Co-Organizer

Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on December 6th, 2010, 2:10 am

Thread Award!
Keres

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Teaching 1 Teaching someone to take a bath?
Meditation 1 Basic use of clearing and focusing the mind

Lore
A Proper Cleansing
Teaching a Rat to Bathe Itself

Jokor

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Juggling 2 Basic use of throwing and catching balls

Lore
Bathing for Dummies
Testing the Water
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous