PM to join Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Sayana and Shiress -unfortunately- meet again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Postby Shiress on October 11th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Shiress watched the woman intently as she spoke, her face a mask of confusion. The stranger knew her. Knew her name, where she worked. Knew she had been enslaved.

Shiress licked at dry, cracked lips, her gaze falling to the pot the woman stirred on the fire, then down to blankly study the earth beside her.

A thought, unbidden and horrifying, entered her mind, latching itself there, as wide, green eyes trailed back to where the woman sat.

She has watched me. Preyed on me. Planned

This was all premeditated.

The girl's hopes of escaping began to diminish. If this woman had sought her out, watched her, then this entrapment was not a loosely planned happenstance and her attempt to escaped would have been foreseen. Especially if the woman knew she had escaped full on enslavement.

Shiress' thoughts had drawn her gaze back to the ground and she hadn't noticed the woman had moved, until a brush of red crossed her vision. The girl's head tilted, as green eyes trailed up the tall, slender form before her, lids growing wider and wider, as recognition set in.

Eypharian

Her mouth moved, but words didn't come. She did know this woman. She had worked with this woman. She had...yes. She knew her now.

"The Stallion" she finally managed "You helped me one day at the stallion." Shiress looked away, digging through her memory for a name, but it alluded her jumbled thoughts. "The dancer." she mumbled, at last, eyes darting, as memory pieced itself together.

"I..dont.." Shiress tried again to wet her lips "There was a fight that night."

It all rushed in and Shiress jerked her gaze back to the Eypharian. "I protected you!" she exclaimed, anger entering her voice. "I dragged you away, held you while you were unconscious." The girl pulled her jaw to the side, shaking her head, with a snort of disbelief. The anger was replaced with hurt, maybe betrayal, something, but it was no longer anger. She felt her eyes begin to sting and looked away. It was all too much. This was all too much.

Shiress grew silent, as she fought back the tears and the sick feeling growing in her gut.

I. Will. Not. Cry.

At last, she drew in a settling breath and growled through clinched teeth

"Why..."
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on October 20th, 2016, 11:24 pm

The confused look, the struggle to piece things together, the evaluation and re-evaluation of her current predicament… Sayana looked on and drinking it all in. This was what betrayal felt like, or at least from the eyes of the betrayer. She wondered why she hadn’t discovered the god Rhysol sooner.

“It was a good ruse, wasn’t it?” Sayana spoke, a smile growing on her lips as she met her slave’s gaze. “I gained your trust that night.”

It was all a mix of truth and lies. Lies and truth. A game to keep her new slave guessing and never quite knowing how far ahead Sayana was with her planning. A good portion of it was mere coincidence but it was more than appealing to play it up and make Shiress wonder just how much had been thought out.

“As for why? Deep in your heart you already know the reasons why. You know why I would pick you over anyone else.”

For the first time during Sayana’s charade, she actually waited a few moments with bated breath. She wanted information, more juicy details to better ensnare the girl. She hadn’t quite asked it outright, but the pregnant pause would give Shiress the time to think, analyze and assess her true value. Then perhaps the girl would feel the need to confirm her own suspicions as to why Sayana had chosen her.

It was a complicated means of interrogation, but Sayana was quite sure she had Shiress thoroughly confused and off-guard. Regardless, she would watch for any glimmer of confidence, or hesitation, or other actions that might indicate deception.

OOCSorry about the delay.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on October 24th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Shiress lifted her gaze as the Eypharian spoke, her face a mask of intent consideration.

A ruse

Somehow this did not feel right. She pulled her gaze from the woman and rested her head against the tree, eyes closing, memory falling back to the night She had first met the woman. The night that had evidently placed her future in fates wicked hands.

It was all a blur; a beautiful dancer, kind, engaging, helpful and compassionate. The woman threw herself into helping Shiress, no questions asked. Shiress had liked the woman so much so that even after a brawl broke out she had protected the woman. But, before that night, Shiress had never laid eyes on the Eypharian. She was sure of it. How spending a few bells with someone could turn their sadistic eye her way made no sense to the girl.

The Eypharian had gained her trust that night, but she wasn't about to tell her that.

Shiress resigned herself at that moment she would never trust anyone again. At the very least never speak of her enslavement (past or present) to anyone -EVER- again!

Shiress let her eyes remain closed as she pondered the last question. Could it be more than Ovek's own bad luck that put the girl in the woman's grasp? Maybe.

Shiress had no abundance of coin or wealth. No rich family to ransom her out to. No great powers or...Shiress stiffened, eyes flying open and back to the Eypharian. There was a reason why the woman might want Shiress as a slave. The very same reason why she was enslaved as a young girl.

Bala's mark.

"My..." she began, but her words trailed off at the look on the woman's face. There was something in her gaze, something wanting. Shiress knew all to well that slavers look; a hope for the wrong answer to beat her for or the hope of the right answer to use against her. She had lived the life of a pawn in a slavers game far too long not to learn to play the game well. Shiress was a veteran slave, but was this woman a veteran slaver?

Shiress' eyes narrowed to slits with a derisive chuckle through her nose "My hair? My tits? Ass? I've been told all three are remarkable. Though, you're seeing to the former." She let her eyes drift past the woman and shook her head. "I have no idea why you want me, Ma'am. I have no riches. No family -that I know of. I'm of no importance to anyone, well, that is, none except to you, obviously."

She glanced back to the Eypharian, expression inquisitive. "You tell me, tell me what it is that you want and I'll tell you if all this," she gave her chains a raddle, "is unnecessary. What is it that you want from me? How do you know I want do this of my volition?" she shrugged, wincing slightly at the pain it brought on "You should already know I live a boring, uneventful life, no?" she lifted a slightly seductive brow and let her emerald gaze flick up and down the woman's slender form, willing false pretense from her voice. "I'm always up for a..change."

Shiress gave an inward groan at this, but what else was she going to do? She had no idea what this creature wanted from her. What other choices did she have other then attempt to ally herself -without great bodily harm? Obstinance would get her beat. Compliance would get her beat, but also, eventually, gain her trust, too. But not just compliance, though. Agreement.

Shiress swallowed dryly, glancing away, then back, curious as she spoke. "You mentioned before, you said we were not staying in Syliras. Where are you taking me, Sayana?" Yes, she finally had remembered her name and tasted bile.

And gods dammit tell me why! This, she let smolder in her eyes and not her voice.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on October 24th, 2016, 11:41 pm

There was a moment of anticipation as Shiress began to speak, but then there was a sudden change to her face, followed by a soft chuckle. There was a moment when disappointment showed on Sayana’s face as the slave started to speak almost proudly of her assets, and then the Eypharian managed to mask her expression once more by forming a smile.

The chuckle had been the betrayer… but of what? Did Shiress indeed come from a wealthy family? Were there people close to her that were already notified by her absence? Was there something more to this barmaid that she hadn’t even considered? Or had Sayana misjudged, and the slave really was telling the truth? A flicker of concern crossed her face but it was soon gone just like the other expressions.

The slave, of course, wanted to be free of her chains. It didn’t take much to realize the true intent of her words. Sayana decided to humor the girl a little, and try to figure out the truth of her earlier words.

“Our destination… is none of your concern until we get there.” She stated rather plainly. “As for your chains? They’re uncomfortable, and rather restricting of what you can do.”

Sayana then moved in to get very close and personal to her slave. She straddled Shiress’s lap and began to speak with their faces only inches apart. “Like you said before, you do have nice tits, Shiress.” As the Eypharian spoke, she slipped a mid hand into the top of the girl’s shirt to give her a grope. “And a nice ass,” she added and moved a low hand to the small of her back so that skin pressed against skin.

The Eypharian then moved a high hand to cup her slave’s cheek, partly in a seductive manner but also as a precaution lest the girl try to bite her or some such. “Where I’m from, slaves who are good to their masters and mistresses are called the Sprisen slaves, or ‘bound and kissed’. These slaves are loyal and have no need of chains and restraints.” Up until now, her voice was soft as silk, undulating gently with her words.

Suddenly her eyes locked onto the girl’s with a piercing glare. “But I would never kiss a filthy little liar!” Her voice was raised and filled with anger.

Or at least to anyone witnessing such.

Internally, she was actually rather calm and sought answers by the Shiress’s specific reaction to the accusation. Most liars would immediately balk, flush with embarrassment or guilt, or at least hesitated to such a strong declaration against them. However, someone who was truly innocent would automatically protest at such claims. A good liar might also do such, but if Shiress was a good liar, there would soon be bigger issues for Sayana to worry about.

Hardly a tick went by in her assessment of the slave, before she promptly stood up and stepped sharply towards the fire. She drew one of her small throwing daggers and tossed it into the flame so the blade would land among the coals yet the hilt could still be grasped.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on October 26th, 2016, 5:35 pm

The woman was a stone wall.

Everything Shiress threw at her just bounced back, never bearing an answer.

The girl swallowed the lump of anger boiling up in her throat, slid her tongue across her teeth, and sighed. Sayana had plans, that was obvious, but the unknown nature of these plans put a weight in the girls stomach. Maybe she didn't want to know after all.

Shiress straightened what part of her upper body that she could, meeting the woman's brown eyes as she settled herself down. The woman was heavier than she looked and Shiress had to stifle a wince. She felt the woman's hand slide beneath the laces of her top and forced her eyes to stay focused on hers and her face bereft of emotion.

At this moment Shiress could have, probably should have, played into her earlier words; a seductive glance at the woman's chest, a slip of her tongue across her lips with a wanting look to hers, an insinuating move of her hips. But all she could do was listen while staring into those deep, dark pools staring back at her and wonder if the hand cupping her breast could feel the wild beating of her heart beneath.

When the Eypharian stood Shiress' gaze lingered in the space she had just vacated, her mind sifting quickly through the woman's words. It was only the swoosh of escaped embers from the fire that brought the girl from her thoughts. The sight of a daggers blade heating in the flames attempted to steal her breath, but she forced herself, and eyes, away from that contemplation and settled on Sayana instead.

She paused, watching the woman, eyes narrowing, before she spoke "You haven't been watching me at all, have you?" she paused, head tilting slightly. " You couldn't have been, because you think I'm lying." she added in near a whisper. A declaration more to herself than Sayana. "I'm actually not lying, but you don't know that. Do you?" Shiress gave a little jerk to the corner of her mouth, not quite a smirk. "You're not as smart as you think you are, are you Sayana? Or is it that I am not as dumb as you think I am?" she did smile then, a big, toothy grin "You don't know me at all, do you?"

She nodded to the knife in the fire "Gonna torture me? Force out of me a truth that isn't there?" she fell back against the tree shaking her head. "Think about it woman, if I was wealthy, or even if I had family that was wealthy, would I be slinging ale mugs day after day? If I had some great talent or ability would I be working as a barmaid at The Rearing Stallion, or living at Travelers Row?" she grunted. "But you should know all this, Sayana; you have been watching me, tracking me -stalking me- for seasons, for gods sake.:

Again, she glanced down at the dagger, swallowed hard, and took in a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "Please, you don't have to do this, Sayana. I am telling you the truth. Don't take it out on me because you got gypped."

Suddenly dizzy, she closed her eyes, letting her head rest back against the tree, heart hammering the inside of her chest, and silently prayed the woman didn't start on her right leg.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on November 3rd, 2016, 2:52 am

For the first moment Sayana was expectant, the next moment anxious, and the next frustrated. But then her face had turned away from Shiress. Why wouldn’t the petching girl give her what she wanted? At last when the slave spoke, it was calm and collected. Almost analytical. It was neither of the responses Sayana had been hoping for. She had certainly not succeeded in scaring the girl with the harsh accusation. So Shiress may neither be innocent, nor a poor liar. Which meant she could very well be a good liar.

The Eypharian kept her face turned away as she mused over the situation. It seemed, on the other hand, that Sayana’s lies were getting more and more muddled as she sought to influence and pry open the slave. Yet still Shiress asserted that she was no liar. Perhaps someone telling the truth but used to false accusations?

She needed a new tactic. She was getting nowhere with this. Time for some honesty.

“No, I wasn’t planning to torture you.” Sayana replied as she turned to look at her slave. “Although, if you continue to offer me disrespect, I might change my mind.”

“No, I was going to brand you. It might feel like torture, but…” The Eypharian let the sentence linger, and the idea of being branded sink in. “My last slave managed to talk her way out of it. She offered something more. Something more valuable. She was just a girl, but Eypharian like me. I didn’t brand her because she had a hidden talent. She was special.”

Sayana bent down and used a piece of cloth to pick up the now heated dagger. The handle quite was warm, even through the folded fabric.

“Shiress, I’ve been looking for someone like you for quite some time.” She spoke rather seriously, meeting the woman’s gaze. “I’m not looking for wealth, or rich family. I’m looking for you and your talents.”

She crouched down and held up the faintly glowing dagger in front of her face. “If you tell me about your visions, then I will postpone or even forgo your branding.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on November 11th, 2016, 6:06 pm

It should have bothered the ex -if not current- slave to hear the word 'brand', but it didn't. Shiress had felt that agony before. Twice in fact. It marked her as owned. It marked her as property. But did it define her as owned, or as property? She decided long ago that a scar on ones skin no more stated their worth than the color of their hair or eyes did. Not to themselves, anyway. But to the one offering the brand -the slaver, however, they got far more meaning out of it. To them, they had just staked a claim.

That false claim pissed Shiress off.

What did bother Shiress was the realization that Sayana had owned a slave. This placed an ominous stone in the girl's gut. It made her wonder what had happened to this slave to make it to where the Eypharian was in the market for another. Sayana has a reason. A goal -she needs a slave for something- this made that stone in her gut heavier.

Shiress' attention sharpened, head straightening, back abruptly stiffening, as the hot blade crossed in front of the Eypharian's face. Gritting her teeth, willing calmness with deep, deliberate breaths, she focused on Sayana's words.

"Visions?" She said, distractedly, eyes pausing a tick before trailing behind the question, reluctantly moving from the blade to the woman's face. "Visions?" she repeated, one green eye slightly narrowed. "I don't have visions, Sayana."

If I did I surely wouldn't have envisioned myself like this right now..

She regarded the woman a tick longer, then blew out a resigned breath through pursed lips, head tilting. "I don't have some hidden talent, or whatever it is you think I have, or whoever you think I am, but I do have something that I can offer you. Shiress let that sit for a chime, forcing a look on her face as if she were still mulling over whether or not she should lie.

The truth was, it wasn't going to take the woman long to find her gnosis mark and she had no delusion that the woman wouldn't know what it was. No sense in getting beat, or tortured, to reveal what just a simple hike of her skirt would scream out. Plus, she had the chance to play this out, if not just the way she wanted to, but at least, to her benefit. She was being honest. Submissive. Right?

She slid a dry tongue over even drier lips and dropped her eyes "To be honest with you, I have been blessed by the Goddess, Bala." she lifted her emerald green eyes and planted the most submissive gaze she could muster on the Eypharian. Even placed a small quiver to her voice. "I have the first mark of cultivation."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on November 12th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Sayana listened as her slave denied having any sort of visions. Sayana would have to see about that. However, just as the Eypharian was about to implement the next step of her plan, Shiress spoke up again. Sayana watched the slave intently, still with the hot dagger held up, and tried to detect whether any ruse was being played out.

Shiress was scared. She could tell that much. There was doubt on her face. Doubt and uncertainty. When next the slave spoke, Sayana felt her heart leap at the news. So there was something. A small smile managed to slip onto her face, and she could feel the nervousness and uncertainty radiating from her slave.

“Very good Shiress. So you do have something along with your visions.” Sayana spoke with soft praise as she brushed a hand delicately over the girl’s cheek. “Not that you’ll admit to them yet. But your mark… let me see.”

She switched the small hot dagger to one of her low hands, then moved around the tree to undo the shackles. After two clicks, the restraints were off, but Sayana still kept a firm grip on Shiress’s wrists using her mid hands. She first looked at the slave’s arms and hands. Such a place was where she had seen a gnosis mark before. However, the only distinctive mark was a scar on the back of the slave’s wrist. Shiress.

A high hand briefly lifted up part of the slave’s shirt, to check her midsection and almost at the same time she flipped up part of Shiress’s skirt. That’s when a glimmer of silver caught her attention and soon she bent to see the silver root etched into the slave’s calf.

“The first mark of cultivation. Bala’s mark.” Sayana repeated as she looked at the root closely. “Tell me about it, and how it works.” Her voice was calmer now, almost kind. So long as Shiress didn’t actively struggle to get away, Sayana would hold her wrists gently and tenderly.

The Eypharian would wait patiently for the explanation, but by this point she was focusing on her own djed and her magic. First she began painting an image in her mind, a vast field of spring crops. They were green, but seemed endless. Green like Shiress’s eyes as Sayana gazed deeply into them. Partway through the explanation, Sayana would feign an accidental touch of her hot blade, directly upon the gnosis mark. And timing it just so, she would send out her hypnotic flash in one strong push so that Shiress would momentarily see a brilliant vast farmer’s field. The hot steel would likely bring an acute jolt of pain, but it would be brief. Nothing like a true brand.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on November 12th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Shiress remained very still has Sayana removed the bonds holding her wrists. As the woman moved the dagger to another hand, Shiress' eyes followed it. Even if she could get her arms away from one set of the Eypharian's hands, the other set would be out of reach by the time she had the chance to grab for the blade, red hot or not.

Damn Eypharian's and their unholy amount of appendages.

The girl's eyes danced between Sayana and the blade as the woman searched her for her mark. The bitch only need ask, she would have told her where to find it. She wondered if her captor somewhat enjoyed what she was doing.

Then..she found it and inquired of its uses.

Shiress sucked at her front teeth, contemplating of just how much she wanted to divulge to this woman. There wasn't much she could do with the mark, with it only being the first mark, but what she could do had already enslaved her once. The last thing Shiress wanted to do was bring any ideas to the woman. Like -selling her to a slaver in Kenash for a fortune.

Shiress shivered at the thought.

"Bala grants me the ability to instantly bring full life to seedlings and to renew life in less than perfect vegetation." As she spoke, Shiress' eyes continued to flick between the dagger and Sayana. The blade was getting closer and closer to her leg; she could feel its heat against her skin, but the woman's eyes were locked intently on hers. "But, there's limits to it.." Shiress rolled her lower lip between her teeth, gaze pulling away from the ever inching dagger, as the lie formed on her tongue. She opened her mouth to continue, flinched, then flung back her head and screamed, as white hot pain lanced through her leg.

Shiress forcibly pulled her teeth together in a grimacing snarl of pain, chest heaving, as what was left of the searing pain minimized. Before she could think better of it, with anger filling the void left by the sudden pain, Shiress curled her fingers around the Eypharian's wrist and yanked the woman toward her, at the same time she threw herself forward, aiming her head for Sayana's temple.

Shiress' head exploded with pain, her vision white, then black, then blurred, her nose spouting blood. She didn't know whether or not she met with her target awkwardly , or whether Sayana had thwarted her attempt with a brick upside the head, but either way, she knew right then that that was the stupidest thing she had ever attempted.

Shiress rolled her head to the side, thinking foolishly that she might just open her eyes to the lush fields she was just thinking about. Was that her 'happy' place? She opened her eyes, blinking, straining to focus on the blur that was the Eypharian before her. "You fucking bitch" she slurred, spitting blood, "You did that on purpose!"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on November 13th, 2016, 12:54 pm

Sayana tucked the description of the gnosis into the back of her mind. To harvest and create life in plants. Even though she wasn’t much of a plant person, she did have something specific that Shiress could be of use.

The scream was beautiful, but instead of remaining injured and submissive, the slave suddenly struck out. Sayana found her mid hands yanked forward and only just got her high hands to Shiress’s shoulders before their heads smacked together. She sucked in a gasp at the pain in her forehead and angrily tossed the heated dagger at the campfire.

“I don’t care if I petching did that on purpose!” Sayana yelled back at her and aimed a high-handed blow to the side of her face. “You are mine, and I can do what I want with you. Even if it means putting you in your place and reminding you just who you are.” She aimed another hard slap for the slave’s cheek, not caring about the blood that dripped from the girl’s nose.

Sayana’s head still roared with pain. Any patience or careful planning had now left her. In a couple of ticks, she had reached for her newly purchased whip. But instead of utilizing it in the traditional fashion, she wrapped the rough cord about her slave’s neck and began to apply pressure.

“Your gnosis is mine, your visions are mine, your life is mine. Now tell me what you see!” Sayana shouted.

She wrenched at her djed once more, fusing it with her thoughts. First the image of a galloping white horse. She focused on the speed, the purity, the wonder of the beautiful creature. Then she slammed the image at Shiress through their locked gaze. Next was the vast ocean. Waves of blue against a setting sun and the flickering sails of a ship. Then was a face. Masculine, messy brown hair, blue eyes and a serious expression. And the calm patient words. That’s enough Sayana. It was Clyde Sullin’s face.

Sayana blinked and tried to gain composure. Her head was in agony, both from the whack against her slave’s head as well as the repeated use of magic. Her brown eyes were still locked on Shiress’s, but blood was leaking from the corners and she made a rough attempt to wipe away the blood.

She had to stop, she had to stop, but she wanted to keep going. She needed proof that her magic was working. Why wouldn’t her slave give it to her? Even as she waited for a response, she felt her hands trembling from overindulging in the magic.

“Just… just tell me what I want and that will be all for the day.”

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext