IC Info Fall Calendar 516 AV

Events & Challenges

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Fall Calendar 516 AV

Postby Prophet on August 30th, 2016, 12:06 am

Summer 516

Event Calendar

The watchtower flashes red and lets the world know that you need to prepare for winter is on her way. In Avanthal, it's a little different. The people love Morwen and miss her during the Winter season but instead of preparing for crappy weather, they steal chances to enjoy the company of their beloved queen. Parties, festivals and any excuse for revelry are certainly welcome. As the season winds on, the days grow slightly longer and the air gets warmer though not by much. Storms become less frequent but more turbulent and seeking shelter when caught outside the city walls is a must.

[D] = Additional details will be provided once an event has been claimed.
    [M] = I will be moderating Morwen for these events. However, anyone may claim and start them.
    [E] = Everyone may create their own thread from this event is they so choose.

1st – Fall has arrived! The Vantha gather at the Smoldering Embrace to mark the change of season. There are more whispers than normal given some of the strange events of Summer. Morwen addresses the crowd and gives the lineup for the Fall Games. [M]

2nd-6th ❄The Fall Games❄
    2nd - Wrestling: Free for all to enter but the Icebears have their own category
    3rd - Ianharo: A new game is introduced *
    4th - Ice Watch Joust: The members of the city's elite joust from the backs of their great kelvics.
    5th - Dog Sled Race: The race runs around the city, to three different shelter rings and then back to the port.
    6th - Awards Ceremony & Celebration: The ceremony is rather dull aside from underhanded jokes about the contestants. The celebration starts at the end of the dog sled race and goes well into the next day and night. It is mostly young people and most of them are single. Drinking and debauchery abound but everything is capped off by a streak mob. After enough liquor has spilled, the wild side erupts in one massive group of naked people running around the city wall. (If you do not have Ice Reaving, you cannot run naked.)

18th – Several hundred white owls of various sizes and breeds flock to the city. They perch anywhere and everywhere lining the walls and buildings. For three days and three nights, they sing beautiful music. Harmonies abound and all of the people stop and listen. Tears of joy are shed, artists draw inspiration and everyone feels a great sense of peace and love. [E]

27th – The Snowsong Arvinta is damaged in the night. People are missing and there are few clues to be found. [D]

36th – Hunters return to the city and tell of how several shelter rings were either destroyed or vanished. [D]

54th - Huge chunks of ice break free from the northern shelf and float into the sea. [D]

60th - Half of the graves in the cemetery open or collapse. At the stroke of midnight, flickering images of the dead appear to many people, some even to family. A warning is issued of a great fiery doom. [E] *~Players may roll in chat for a chance to ask questions of their dead relatives. 50/50 chance plus any skills (persuasion, etc)~*

72nd – A trio of Ice Watch members are found dead near the Crystal Hall. [D]

90th – This is supposed to be the day Morwen leaves for her season long journey to spread Winter to the world of Mizahar. The crowds are sullen and when the goddess appears she explains that she has important news. [ST Opener]

Note

If you wish to claim one of these events you can post here, but must start a thread within 24 hours of claiming the event or your claim will not hold. Please post a link when you open the thread. You must finish one claim before starting another. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Seasonal Challenges

1. Complete 6 for the city's medal.
  2. Complete all 8 for the medal and a small custom gift from me.
  3. You cannot cover more than two seasonal goals in a single thread.
  4. The thread must be at least 1500 words long for a single challenge; 2000 words for two challenges.
  5. Please be sure to include detail when completing your challenges. I reserve the right to deny anyone for lack of effort. The challenges are used to encourage everyone to think and write. Simply restating the challenge in a thread will not suffice.

Catch a hangover (PC)*
Start or Stop a fight (PC)
Take part in a Fall Game (PC)
Visit two locations in the city that have nothing to do with your job or Hold. (Can be two threads)
Learn a new crafting skill
Interact with Ice Watch member
Come up with a silly reason to dance (PC)
Make something out of ice

*(PC) Indicates the challenge must be completed with another PC.

When you complete the challenges, fill out the form below and post it in my Office.

Completed Challenges Form

Code: Select all
[url=]❄[/url] Catch a hangover (PC)*
[url=]❄[/url] Start or Stop a fight (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Take part in a Fall Game (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Visit two locations in the city that have nothing to do with your job or Hold.
[url=]❄[/url] Learn a new crafting skill
[url=]❄[/url] Interact with Ice Watch member
[url=]❄[/url] Come up with a silly reason to dance (PC)
[url=]❄[/url] Make something out of ice

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Fall Calendar 516 AV

Postby Prophet on September 12th, 2016, 12:15 am

1st - Fall has arrived! The Vantha gather at the Smoldering Embrace to mark the change of season. There are more whispers than normal given some of the strange events of Summer. Morwen addresses the crowd and gives the lineup for the Fall Games.

This is an open thread. Feel free to join in and interact with Morwen in the time I have given. If you have made a placeholder, you have 24 hours to post. Once you have posted, PM the next person in line. I do not wish to see this become a habit or trend.

That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Fall Calendar 516 AV

Postby Levali on September 12th, 2016, 11:25 am

Boop! I'm claiming the event for the three dead icewatch members now, and the thread is here! I'm not the most confident in running events though, so if you wanna join feel free to as long as it makes sense. I know it says PM to join, but I think if anyone joins in the first round of posts and it stays to a max of a few people it should be alright.
Levali
Icebreaker

Words: 48365
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2016, 4:11 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Fall Calendar 516 AV

Postby Infilia Snowsong on October 12th, 2016, 6:16 pm

I'll be claiming the event of the 36th – Hunters return to the city and tell of how several shelter rings were either destroyed or vanished. [D] Thanks! I'll be updating this thread soon. It'll be an open thread. Whoever's interested will be able to join of course!

EDIT: HERE is the link for the thread. I wouldn't mind any needed details Prophet it would help me plenty! :)
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal