PM to join Sticky Hooves

Jade, Ferrin, and Dina work with the horses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on August 9th, 2016, 5:34 am

35th, Summer 516 A.V., Ferrin and Jade's Apartment

Jade sat up from the couch and yawned stretching out. Rubbing her eyes the blonde looked to see that she had been covered up the previous night. Popping her neck the woman folded the blanket laying it across the back of the furniture going into the kitchen. She needed to start breakfast before the other two awoke. The girl loved Ferrin and Dina to death, but when the two were under foot she found it harder to work on the chores. Pulling her hair into a messy bun she began working on getting the fire in the kitchen started. Once it was fully roaring she grabbed a small slab putting it in the hooks to be held over the fire. Her mother had showed her how to make eggs and bacon a few times. The eggs was not what worried the blonde. It was the bacon; she did not want to get it too tough. Allowing the plate to heat up the woman got out five eggs and about six pieces of bacon. Dipping her finger in the water she allowed one drop to hit the plate.

The satisfying sizzle made the woman smile. Cracking open all the eggs on one side she placed the bacon on the other half listening to the sizzling happy. Walking to the cabinets she took down three plates and used a fork to turn over the bacon. Pinching some salt the blonde allowed the egg whites to cook through but slide them off before the yolk completely hardened. A soft voice called from the living room causing her to smile. Looking up the girl called out to the child making her run into the kitchen. Jade picked her up putting the last plate back on the counter. She tickled Dina with a bright smile as the girl wiggled in her arms.

"Okay, run and get Ferrin up deal?" Jade asked with a smile.

"Yes, ma'am!" Dina said and scrambled down running into the bedroom.

The young child crawled on the bed and jumped on him laughing loudly. She sat on his back and shook him shouting for him to wake up. Jade shook her head knowing she would have to make up for this one. When the man finally rose and walked out with the girl the young drykas was just taking the bacon off the plate. Grabbing two of the plates after putting down the glasses she placed their plates in front of their spots. Making the pair milk she put the glasses down before them as well. Making her plate and drink the woman sat down with them and turned to Ferrin.

"I hope she didn't hurt you this morning," she said putting her hand on top of his.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 9th, 2016, 11:48 pm

Ferrin almost abruptly awaken. The squire peeked an eye open to see Dina jumping on the bed and giggling her little excited heart out. Ferrins lips curled into a smile and cloaked his arms around the little vantha and started to tickle her. She was giggling even harder as Ferrin did so. Ferrin smiled. "Had enough yet?" Teased Ferrin. Little Dina was laughing so hard, her eyes looked bulgy.

"Yes yes." She chimed excitedly and escaped Ferrins' light grasp, and hopped off of the bed. Ferrin nodded and rubbed her head before she left. Ferrin swooped his legs over the bed and slipped on his boots. The squire then makes his way to making the bed, nice enough to please Matilda Owens, well at least nice enough to satisfactory.

The hunter then quickly followed behind Dina as the little dark haired child into the living room/kithen area of the apartment. Jade has been always waking early. Ferrin wished she get some sleep. "Oh Dina? She's fine. Just a little bundle of excitement." Replied Ferrin politely. "She's fine." Said Ferrin.

When Jade places a hand on his, Ferrin smiled warmly. He inches closer to Jade and gives her an affectionate kiss. Over the lips. Ferrins' cheeks grew hot, and he knew that Dina was watching, but the Kenashian didn't care at that moment. "I love you Jade." Ferrin chimed.

"We're going to work with the horses right? How do you feel about bringing Dina?"

Dina hurried over and sat in one of the chairs. Her legs swinging happily as she sat, her arms crossed on the tabletop. She listened, but she didn't look, some giggling could be hear as well. All Ferrin could do was smile at her while Jade cooked them breakfast. Ferrin waited.

~A Firenze Template: Thanks. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on August 10th, 2016, 4:29 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade smiled hearing the pair in the bedroom. She was so happy to have met Ferrin and somehow won his heart. Looking over to him when he walked out already in his boots the woman felt her day brighten a little more than it already was. She was surprised when he kissed her by surprise. It was not often that the man showed such affection or said the words out loud. After breaking out of her surprise the woman placed everyone's plates and drinks on the table.

"Yes, we are. I think she would have fun. Dina would you like to come meet Diria and Cyprus?" Jade asked with a smile and walked over hugging her.

"YEAH YEAH!" Dina called and giggled loudly when Jade hugged her.

Jade laughed gently at the child's enthusiasm before walking over to Ferrin and kissing him on the lips pulling away. Smirking the woman sat down across from Dina while still beside Ferrin.

"I love you too Ferrin. Dina when we finish eating we will go see the horses," She said with a smile and began to eat.

Dina ate being careful with the bacon as it was still hot. Jade ate with a smile happy to see her eating slowly instead of trying to scarf it down. The child seemed to finally understand that the pair would always feed her well. The blonde finished and went to get ready and find clothes for Dina while yawning some.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 11th, 2016, 2:59 am

Ferrin felt a hint of warmth course through him. A chip of his shoulder was slightly being pulled away as Jade pressed her lips against his. Ferrin blushed, but did his best to concealing it. As tough as Jade is, she still has a heart. Ferrin enjoys her company when she's happy. It makes Ferrin feel happy as well.

"Oh Jade." Ferrin spoke in a flabbergasted tone. He really was confused, but he was more polite when he spoke. "Thank you love." He replies, blushing again. This time, Jade could see it maybe Dina to.

Once Ferrin received his plate, he used his fork to eat up the eggs. He to, like Dina was careful with eating. Ferrin had a bad history of eating food a bit to fast when he was younger, he was happy to see that Dina was being careful as well and didn't make the same mistake as Ferrin did when he was young. If he'd eat too much and too quickly, Ferrin would feel a little upset inside.

"Yes thsts wonderful!" Chimed Ferrin after swallowing a bite of eggs. Ferrin usually saves the bacon for last. The squire smiles happily. Almost as if he was a child. The hunter didn't really know what was going on with him today, but he liked it. These feelings were good feelings.

"Ferrin walked over to his wardrobe after finishing breakfast. The squire pulled out his usual cotton attire with a leather jerkin vest. The Kenashian then picked up his short broadsword; Clivath as he named her and belts her to his waist.

"Are my girls ready to go?" Ferrin asks excited.

~A Firenze Template: Thanks. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on August 11th, 2016, 5:33 pm

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade looked to Ferrin with a smile seeing his blush and smirked. She ate quietly watching the pair as the two forced themselves to eat slow. The woman finished first and slipped off to get dressed and walked across the living room brushing her hair to go pick out Dina's clothes for the day. Putting down her brush the woman pulled out some brown pants and a peach shirt with a smile. Dina finished and scrambled down while giggling. She ran to her room laughing ready to go.

The blonde picked up the girl and sat her on the bed brushing her hair first as Dina touched the shirt with a bright smile. The woman was happy that the little one had adjusted so well to the adults crazy schedule. Most days Dina would follow the woman to work, unless she had too much to do in order to keep the girl occupied with coloring and helping. Ferrin was unable to take her on patrols due to the dangers involved most everyday. The blonde worried and stressed about his safety more than she would ever allow him to know. He was determined to become a knight as his uncle; so she would not say anything.

That was one of the reasons Jade would always get up so early on days were she did not have work. The least she could do was cook him something for breakfast so he didn't go without. Once he left for patrols or training she would lay back down on the couch and sleep till Dina got up. Dina slipped off her night gown and held up her shirt first. Smiling the blonde helped her get the child's head in first so she could slid her arms in. After Jade let Dina use her for a stable way to put her pants on. Once both shirt and pants were on the woman put her sock and boots on. Dina jumped down and ran to Ferrin laughing shouting go.

The woman walked into her and Ferrin's to slip on her pants, shirt, and boots before walking out and taking his hand. She kissed his cheek with a smirk and looked at him gently.

"Ready when you are," Jade said happily.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 12th, 2016, 4:18 pm

[X] Timestamp and Location [X]

Ferrin speculated the smirk and contemplated. He wo seemed whether Jade had something up her sleeve, or she was happy that she was with him. Throughout the time that she's been here, and throughout all of the things the couple had encountered together, there was a high chance for her to come up with something under her sleeve. Ferrin can't see this kind loving Drykas as mischievous. Though, he could be wrong that's why he'll leave the other one percent on the table for grabs. Surely, things are going to be okay and he's not making a mistake. What could go wrong, nothing.

Ferrin finished just as soon as his girlfriend has. The squire washed his plate and placed it back where it was.

Happily, he stepped over to the bedroom to get his boots and his short broadsword which he has named as Clivath. He remembered one of the other squires at the Mythryn Outpost one day telling him that he'll work more better on when his sword or any other weapon to have a name, to make it feel more "alive." Ferrin smiles as Jade comes out after Ferrin sat waiting on the couch.

Ferrin was glad that Dina could go with Jade whilst the two were working. By God's, so much could happen when Dina might be left alone at home. If Ferrin made any rivals, those mistakes could end up with big consequences and he hoped that his newly founded family won't have to get invovled with all of this. He should keep things as a secret. If it means protection his friends and family, then he should.

Jade kissed Ferrin on the cheek again, and the Kenashian, in return, hugged and kissed Jade over the lips. It was about a few ticks worth of a kiss and Ferrin blushed as he releases. Hoping, that he'll quite the charade of blushes for the rest of his life. It does get quite embarrassing.

When Jade spoke that she was ready, Ferrin nodded. He led the two out.

~~~~~

[X]Windmount Stables [X]

"Well, we're here Dina." Said Ferrin with a smile. The squire held Jade's hand with gentle care as he grasped onto it, walking the two to the stables. Dina was skipping towards the barn doors and she realizes that she is a bit, lacking muscles to open the massive barn doors. "I'll open them Dina." Says Ferrin. "Jade do you want to get Dira and I'll go get Cyprus?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on October 12th, 2016, 4:12 am

The blonde took the young girls hand as the group walked out of the apartment. Dina pulled on the girl's arm trying to get her to keep walking, but she instead waited on Ferrin. Once the man had locked the door she smiled and walked beside him out of the building. Stretching out the woman sighed gently scratching the back of her head. The small child laughed as she skipped beside the two adults. She had been an early riser from the time she was very young as if it was anything unusual for a child of the grass. The woman wanted to explore the Outpost, but knew that it was not allowed without proper reason. Much of the cities food was grown over that way which was very strange t the blonde haired woman. With Endrykas never staying in one place very long there was no way they could grow much that wasn't in pots.

Wind blew through the city causing the girls hair to float around her as Dina's did the same. Both girls were excited and thrilled that Ferrin was able to go to the stables with them. It was not often that he got a day off to relax any more. Though the blonde wouldn't complain knowing he was preparing to go on his knight quest soon. Of course that was after his uncle thought the young man was truly ready for it. Jade could only imagine how dangerous the quest could be, which only caused her stress to think about. Shaking her head the woman smiled seeing the doors to the stables appear. With a light laugh she let go of the man's hand so he could help Dina open the door.

~Windmount Stables~

“Sure, Dina run along to the tack room,” Jade stated with a smile.

“Yes, ma'am!” Dina replied and ran to the room laughing.

Jade stopped Ferrin excited to show him how the woman got their attention. Taking a deep breath the blonde let out a long loud window. All of the horses poked their heads out and neighed at the woman as if sounding off. With a laugh the blonde walked past greeting each horse and loving on them some. Diria called out slamming her hooves on the ground seeing the pair, and the small child. Laughing gently she cooed to the mare making sure that she was calm when the young girl came back with the leads first. The only time Jade would put one on the horse was during the tacking process. When the powerful creatures became excited it was easy to lose control of them. Without control for even a moment can cause someone to get hurt or the equine to get hurt.

“Thank you dear. Run and get the blankets. When it is time for the yvas and saddle I will come help,” Jade said.

Dina disappeared into the room once more as the pair took out their horses. Closing the door to the stall the woman tied the lead to the metal bars before getting a brush. Working the prickly item over Diria helped the blond relax some. Patting her side after the girl offered the brush to Ferrin so that he could do the same to Cyprus knowing it would help the stallion calm down as well. Putting the brush down once Dina came back she took the mare's first and put it on her back into position.

“Will you come help me now?” Dina asked with a cute look on her face.

“Absolutely,” Jade replied.

Jade walked to the room with the small girl as she giggled. Happiness could not describe what the blond felt knowing that Dina was comfortable with the animals. She had began to think about possibly getting an animal for the young one to play with. The woman picked up the yvas slipping it on one arm, gave Dina the bridle for Ferrin, and picked up his saddle. The pair exited the room with a smile calling out she got Ferrin to meet her a few steps away from Cyprus when the saddle became heavy to her. Sliding the leather contraption over the mare's head was not always an easy task. Especially when the mare wanted the girl to ride bareback. Laughed at how the mare tossed her head from side to side as if saying 'don't put that thing on me'.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 14th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Ferrin was glad that he was able to see Cyprus once again, it was the connection that he and Ferrin has between the two that really made the Squire feel more at home, for sure, and now, he felt even more at home with Jade and the newly adopted Dina at his side, it was surprising to see Jade come so far, she used to be somewhat isolating herself away from people, now she's beginning to feel more open and cordial; Ferrin adored her that way. He was gratified to see Jade so happy and well minded.

"Hey Jade; what do you know about horses? What is there that I should know about?" Ferrin asked curiously; making his way pulling the reins from the saddle upon Cyprus' back. Once Jade was finished with grooming the Strider, Ferrin was handed the brush and he assumed to do the same as what Jade with Diria, gromming Cyprus wasn't an easy task, the stallion had acted a bit odd when he placed the brush on the hairs of the horses' abode. The horse shifted side to side on its hooves; moving his head around with a particular swiftness that annoyed Ferrin, some of the hairs whipped Ferrin in the face. "C'mon boy, I gotta do this, to get those knots out of your hairs, you do want your hair to be straight don't you?" Ferrin asked, this stallion was certainly stubborn. Eventually, the stallion snorted and bowed his head down so that the Kenashian could eventually brush his hair.

Dina laughed some, Ferrin smiled over to the young Vantha, as she watched the two prepare the horses together. Ferrin enjoyed this time with him, it made him feel warm and cozy inside, despite the warmth of the weather outside. After a few chimes of brushing the hairs of the stubborn stallion; Cyprus, Ferrin looked over to Jade, she was already gathering the Yvas and the saddle so the two have something to sit on.

"Thank you Jade." Ferrin responded with a smile as he grabbed for the saddle; the weight shifted from carrying nothing to almost carrying a few pounds, he wasn't very prepared for the weight difference, but he adjusted himself properly, so that he could settle the saddle correctly, well as well as he could manage at least, eventually he did it.

"Would you want Dina to ride with you or should she ride with me?" Ferrin asked with a smile, after he mounted up on the Zavian, Ferrin took one look at the young Vantha, and then up to Jade, waiting for a response so that the three can be able to get things underway.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on October 17th, 2016, 5:21 am

Jade looked at the man when he asked what she knew about horses. That was a very long list, but the list he asked for after wards was an even longer list, there would be much for the young man to learn. Such as how to brush his stallion so that it was an enjoyable experience for the both of them. Shaking her head gently the woman took a deep breath and walked over to the Diria before putting Dina on her. It would be much easier for the woman to ride with the child as compared to him trying to learn with an extra person on Cyprus as well. Mounting up the woman looked over to Ferrin when he rode up beside her and the girl.

“The list of what I know is long, but the list of what you need to learn is far longer. First let's start with riding, when we get back grooming. It's not always about him not wanting to be groomed, it is the way you care for him. Let's head out of the city so we have plenty of room,” Jade stated with a smile clicking her tongue.

The mare neighed and trotted ahead of the stallion and his rider. Soon enough the group was close to the gates of the city. Pulling Diria to a stop the blonde looked at the knights as one walked up eying the pair of girls closely. He did not appear to have seen Ferrin riding up with them just yet.

“Where are you two off to?” The man asked looking up at the woman.

“Just going out for a rider sir. It's not good for a horse to be caged up all the time,” Jade explained keeping a straight face.

“Alone?” The man asked once more narrowing his eyes some.

“No, sir. We have a companion coming as well,” Jade stated.

The woman was becoming uncomfortable under the man's gaze. After a moment he moved and allowed the group through. Once clear of the gate Jade sighed relaxing some from the tension of the guard. She had not been inspected so closely by one of the men since entering the city several seasons ago. Shaking her head some the blonde curls floated around her helping to clear her head. Dina laughed and batted at a few of the flying tresses.

“Having fun?” Jade asked and tickled her some.

“Yeah!” Dina exclaimed laughing.

“Okay, let's see what Ferrin has to show,” Jade said with a smile.

The blonde motioned for the man to show her what he could do on the stallion's back.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 27th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Timestamp:

“Alone?”

It wasn't hard; riding Cyprus through the city of Syliras on this warm Summers day, in fact it was difficult, avoiding people in front of him, Ferrin had to make sure Cyprus wouldn't head butt any of them trudging through, he was slightly embarrassed because it has been awhile since he has ridden the stubborn stallion. Though, Cyprus isn't as stubborn as he used to be in the past seasons. Ferrin was glad about that for the most part, but he was sure that the tension would ease up once outside of the gates.

When Ferrin saw Jade and Dina there was a guard that looked suspicious towards the two; who would be suspicious of an older Drykas and a young child? Ferrin arched a brow, he adjusted his longbow that was slung across his shoulder. He brought it just in case, in case anything happens while they're out there, he hoped not.

With a day such as this one, why would anything wrong happen, what could go wrong?

Hooves beat at the aged cobblestone street; Cyprus cantered at a slow pace and he didn't seem worried at all of his surroundings. He probably felt some sort of confidence of which that made him feel less tensed.

"Something wrong sir?" Ferrin asked curiously, resting his hands on the reins, he pulled back slightly, Cyprus was just behind Diria.

"You must be her companion?" The guard asked. He gave Ferrin a concerned look, but quickly dismissed it as nothing. Ferrin flushed a little, but nothing too noticeable; he wondered what the guard meant by that.

"Yes, we'll be riding some." Ferrin said awkwardly, looking at Jade, and then cantered Cyprus up beside the Strider. "We'll be leaving now; we'll return shortly, no need to worry." Ferrin added, hoping that it'll give him some leeway for passing through the gates. The guard simply nodded.

"Carry on then." The guard said and waved the group through. Ferrin nodded his thanks and the three rode off, past the gates. Ferrin sighed as they've made some space away from the gates and that they were alone. A pathway surrounded by a massive canopy of trees; otherwise known as the Bronze Woods; it felt peaceful, birds chirping, not sure what birds, there was a deer that just ran past the two jumping the Kabrin. Summer was definitely one of Ferrins favorite seasons by far.

Ferrin looked at the two women beside him; he smiled, a little uncomfortably, he wasn't sure what to show them. "What is it you'd like to see?" Ferrin said, smiling, looking at the two happily.

"In Sylir We Trust..."[/size]

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes