[Noble District] The Captain's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 24th, 2016, 2:05 am

Continuation from this thread....

"The Owl's Den?" Asked the Nitrozian curiously, he's heard of the building, hell he's even visited it with his father, when his father had to purchase some important books, and to have some copied, but that was a lot of Mizas. Who would spend so much Mizas on something such as a book? What's so important about copying some old book?

"Yes that's where we're heading. It's quiet there, and no one's usually there. So that's why we're heading there. Understood?" Damien asked sourly as they rounded a corner, and continued walking, the two had experienced some glances as a couple of passerby's walked by and simply watched the two walk on past with curiosity. Some of them hardly noticed the journal.

"Yes."

"Good, now head on inside." Damien said in a monotone, the blonde man motioned towards the door, that was the Main Entrance to the Owls Den. The Nitrozian nodded and opened the door to walk through, he felt Damien's cloak rub against his own as Damien followed suit, closing the door behind them as they've entered.

"Well, what can I do for ya?" Someone said as the two walked through. Their hoods down, so to be sure that Ben and Damien weren't some intruders or something like that, which is always a good thing to keep in mind.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 24th, 2016, 1:47 pm

"No, we're good thanks." Damien replied, holding the journal tightly, Ben observed his knuckles turning white from holding it too tight, but he knew that Damien would put it down sometime soon, and Benare really didn't think that Mercenary work would mean danger.

"Lets take a seat at this table."
"Alright, what's supposed to be inside?"
"It's supposed to be a list of names..." Damien insisted, but he was hesitant to open it, he really didn't know what was inside the Captain's Journal. Whether it was a journal, or some sort of list of targets. Hopefully it won't be something mortifying where as Benare would simply regret it. He just hoped that these things he wouldn't have to regret it.

Benare and Damien pulled out the chairs from the table and sat down, the older man left the counter and went to the back of the Owl's Den. Ben payed little attention, and Damien decided to open the journal. The journal looked worn, aged even as if it's a few years old, leather wrappings bounded the spine, and it was a little rough.

"Just what I thought..." Damien said simply, his voice repulsive; it made the Nitrozian feel a little nervous, but he wanted to know what was inside.

"What is it?" Ben asked simply, he didn't inch closer to Damien or anything like that as he wasn't too eager to notice. Of course, he was interested; but he wasn't really sure why he would be interested, what was inside it? He should know, at least, after all, they could've died getting this stupid journal, why is it so important?

"It's a list of names here, on the first five pages." Damien explained, "though some of them were crossed out, as if they're dead or something like it, I've been hunting down this man for seasons, and we finally get why he's traveling around Mizahar." Damien said. "To kill." He assumed, Ben's eyes grew wide, he was shocked to discover such a thing.

"You sure, maybe it's for something else?" Been doubted it, his tone was soft, but audible enough for Damien to hear.

"And what do you propose?"

"Maybe it's some sort of trading list? But if it is, we should find out what they're trading?" Ben offered, taking a look at the book from where he was sitting.

"Perhaps, but I really don't think that's the case. We should take it to my boss. He'll know what to do. He's usually at home this late at night. I'll make sure to bring it to him, you can go on and head home if you'd like."

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Benare Nitrozian on October 27th, 2016, 4:28 pm

"I'll get going. I don't think it's time for me to meet the leader just quite yet." Benare stated, waving a hand in protest.

"Alright, suit yourself." The blonde man closed the book with a slap noise, and Damien shook out his hand for a handshake. "See you around? I'll contact you some more, you still want to do this right? No backing out it seems from this point." Damien added looking at the Nitrozian with a curious expression.

Benare looked at the mans hand then to his face. He read the expression, the Nitrozian processed it for a few ticks and he wasn't sure whether or not he should continue with it, he did like the rush, the stealth, all of the above. He wished that he didn't have to risk his life though.

"Yes, I'll continue. Send one of my families mercenaries with the letter. It's easier that way instead of another slave, I have a personal Mercenary waiting for me at home. One that I know I can trust." Benare said shaking Damien's hand. The Nitrozian nodded and waved his hand simply; for a goodbye. The Nitrozian turned and headed out, back into the darkness to be confronted by his home and comfort, where he could rest.

Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on January 8th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Benare
Skills
  • Socialization: 3
  • Observation: 2
  • Investigation: 1
Lores
  • Captain's Journal: Contains list of names that the captain is targeting

Comments: It seems like you have an interesting plot arc here. I wonder what the Captain has against these people.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)