[Citadel Location] Vestibule

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Marlay on March 14th, 2013, 10:43 pm

1st Of Spring AV 513

She made her way to the building just sort of staring out how tall and massive everything was, whatever this place was it gave her chills to the bone. The young wizard had an idea that Sahova was perhaps the greatest place in which to learn magic, but now knew the grim cost. This was not like anything she had ever witnessed, Zeltivians, The Ravokians and The Syilrian Knights may have had magic. But nothing like this, no not on this scale not at all.

There was this machine that sat in the middle of the building, and already Marlay was starting to see a trend in this place. Lots of machinary, gadgeteering and perhaps animation a mix of both perhaps but she just didnt understand those things.

To her this alien foreign thing was exciting and she was thrilled with it. The masters of Sahova were truly that, they created marvels admist the chaos.

Knowing of there Undead-ness, if it were a word to describe them. She would proceede to speak to the robot, in a foreign language to most. A life of study in the world of personal magics, meant that she had to learn pre-valterian language. And she would speak in Ancient-Tongue to the machine, this was done in order to perhaps get recognition to set her apart from the groveling masses that begged for there powers. If she displayed a level of understanding a cut above the rest, it may entitle her to be given a choice of masters or an advantage of some kind to later use as leverage or a bargaining chip.

I am Marlay, Near Competent Leeching, Near Competent Shielding, Near Competent Glyphing. Seeking a Master Of Leeching.

The language flowed from her lips, she was choppy on purpose however. It didnt care about having a conversation it wanted details to compute, what the interactor wanted and to serve its masters only time now would tell what would happen
Last edited by Marlay on March 16th, 2013, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marlay
Stay Thirsty My Friend

Words: 26372
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rokia on March 16th, 2013, 6:22 am

Day 1 of Spring, 513 AV

Rokia couldn't believe he was here at last. The greatest magical location he knew of and finally he was graced with being in its presence. He looked around himself, absorbing as much of the appearance of the objects he passed as possible.

Then he reached the machine, placed here for those who wished entrance. "Hello," he muttered as he looked at it, waiting a moment before speaking in the same monotone voice. "I am competent in the art of alchemy and seek a master to better my skills," he said as he tapped the pommel of his blade.

How long would it take he thought. How long will I be here without a master, how long will I be here with one. The future held promise yet it also held more regret for him the bear on his shoulders.
Rokia
The Venomous Alchemist

Words: 1182
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on March 17th, 2013, 2:40 am

OOCI apologize for the wait. Lets get you into the Citadel :)

Obadiah Kairn

The golem's eyes gleamed with magic as it gazed down at Obadiah. Its response was quick, cold and to the point, "What skills have you to offer the Citadel? What is your field of study?"

Marlay

OOCAbsoultely LOVE Marlay's reaction btw XD

The response to Marlay's rather feeble attempts at Nadar-Canoch was slow in coming. The glowing eyes of the TAR searched the girl's aura, and finding it satisfactory it spoke loudly, "A position within Lab 7-G has been opened with a recent death of its apprentice. Do you wish to fill this position?"

No offer of what this lab researched, or even who its master was. Marlay would be walking headlong into an unknown situation. She could still turn back, if she so wished...

Rokia

The TAR gazed down at the Dhani, shimmering eyes evaluating, searching him and judging him on his worthiness. After nearly a full chime it would finally speak in its cold emotionless voice, "Have you any other skills, and have you knowledge of Nader-Canoch?"

It seemed these questions were quite important, as they would determine Rokia's fate from this moment on.

OOCPlease add your CS to your profile :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Marlay on March 17th, 2013, 10:56 pm

There was always an option to stay or leave, to live or die.

But the reality was as grim and cold as the machine that processed her like cattle.

She could attempt to run but chances were slim she would make it back to the ships of that ever so silent harbor. She could attempt it, but something sank in the very fabric of her being and it was a feeling of futility. She was offered a place amongst the undead masters, would she dare to reject it? To defy there grace and hospitality and make a mockery of herself?

Afterall if she was not there to better serve the glory of the Citadel, she could become a vessel for the nuit. But one thing was certain there were some things worse then death, and she could surmise with some degree of certainty that being a test subject was in fact a fate that awaited the useless.

Driven like an ancient warrior bounded by pride and honor, her hand was forced in the matter.

Was this a gift? Or a curse? Or by some sick and twisted measure a mixture of both, it was just a matter of time before the pieces of this puzzle fell together.

She mustered courage and bravado every ounce of cool and collected calm she had within her control it was far past common sense and fringed beyond the depths of insanity and she knew it.

Her senses screamed to run, to flee, urged her to turn back but it fell on deaf ears.

Two words came out meek and timid, two words that sealed her fate.

I Accept.

With the words spoken she shivered, Zeltiva never prepared her for this. The domain of the dead, the masters need not even evaluate there apprentices. Herded like cattle, she was merely meat... meat that spoke to much.
Marlay
Stay Thirsty My Friend

Words: 26372
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on March 18th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Marlay

Thread continued here.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Rokia on March 20th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Rokia looked at the TAR for a long moment, his mind trying to piece together what he wanted to say. His lips silently moving until he spoke, "Yes." The labored tone being easily picked out of the poor speaking of the language. "I have some skill with my sword and poisons," he said in the common tongue now, not wishing to seem more of a fool. His hand patting the pommel of the sword as he waited for a response from the machine.
Rokia
The Venomous Alchemist

Words: 1182
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Valus on April 7th, 2013, 3:40 pm

10th of Spring, 513 AV

Valus regarded the TAR for a long while, his hidden eyes examining every facet he was able. His trip the Vestibule had given him a chance to contemplate how best to make an impression. He searched his mind for his knowledge of the Ancient Tongue, it had been a long, long time since he had needed to use it, many human lifetimes in fact. As such his rendition was a little off and he dreaded having to try and read it at this stage, common had unfortunately infected his tongue some time ago.

"I am Valus of Alahea, Competent in the science of Alchemy and knowledgeable in Magecraft. I seek apprenticeship to a Sahovan Wizard." The undead said, his command of Nadar Canoch halting due to lack of use.

That had seemed clear cut enough, hopefully the golem could point him in the right direction. The citadel had certainly been an impressive sight to behold when he had exited the carriage, Valus was quite interested in learning what secrets it may yield for his research. Likely he would need to get his knowledge of the Ancient Tongue up to scratch before his research could truly begin, as well as get this apprenticeship out of the way. The Nuit was confidant in his abilities, this likely would not be too difficult an experience. Another chance to learn from a more knowledgeable individual was also quite promising.
"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."

~Victor Frankenstein
Valus
Dark Alchemist of Lost Alahea

Words: 6784
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2013, 2:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Cian on April 19th, 2013, 4:33 pm

10th of spring, 513 AV

The carriage ride up to the citadel, or the vestibule as apparently it was called was a bumpy at best, and downright intolerable in some parts. He knew without a doubt that tomorrow he would be sore from some of the larger plummets the wheels had taken into various potholes coming up the path. Hopefully he would not have to take that ride for quite some time. If he had his way it would be many months before he had to get in that blasted excuse for a vehicle any time soon.

Upon stepping out of the carriage all thoughts of the ride ceased, the building standing in front of him was even more impressive with a close inspection. From far away the keep looked as if it were just another large, impressive structure. But upon close inspection the glided intricacy on the walls and up the keep were amazing. Cian used to sit and dream while looking at the University of Zeltiva, in comparison the University was a shack for mortals. This building truly was designed to house the greatest minds in all of Mizahar.

Realizing that he was gaping, he quickly shut his mouth and started walking towards what seemed to be a gate. A large portcullis that was raised about 8 feet off the ground in order to let the occasional golem in. Cian was quite puzzled why he had yet to see others walking around. He had figured that he would at least see the occasional wizard walking around or at least leaving the lab for a moment to speak with someone. Regardless Cian was determined to find the person he needed to talk to, and after a moment’s pause to get his bearings he walked forward through the gate and into the building itself.

Cian had thought that the outside of the building was impressive, but he was completely aghast at the inside. A long hallway multiple stories tall with alcoves all along the sides, housing massive statues chiseled out of pure marble. Likely the amount of Miza’s that was contained in this hallway in raw materials would far outweigh anything he would ever acquire, likely, He was not yet so sure to out rule the possibility that he could strike it large and make himself a fortune. Shutting his mouth for the second time in as many minutes he again forced himself to walk forward.

Upon approaching the massive sphere above the door Cian realized it was in fact a golem and not a decoration. This was truly the work of a master, and although Cian was not sure of its purpose he was confident that it was truly a magnificent piece of work. Noticing a small out cove that seemed to be empty, Cian approached it, thinking that it may be a speaking box where he could get some information. “uhhh…Hello?” Cian spoke in slightly unsure voice.

"What is your name? State the purpose of your visit.” Boomed the response to him.

The response jarred him and he jerked his head back from the screen, embarresed as much as he was amazed that the massive sphere was indeed a greeting golem that’s job was to greet and direct visitors. Oh the wealth of this place if they could dedicate such resources to a fairly trifle project.

“I…uhh…Well where to begin.” He stammered. “My name is Cian, from the University of Zeltiva and I have come to the island to try to find and apprentice ship working in my discipline. Mainly I focus on Magecraft and Voiding, but I also study hypnotism and dabble in animation. Are there any openings currently available?”

Cian waited patiently for an answer from the gigantic Golem.

Cian
Player

Words: 7003
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2013, 6:34 pm
Character sheet

Postby Benare Nitrozian on December 14th, 2016, 7:09 pm

35, Fall, 516av

[shadow2=#000000,0,1,3Vestibule[/shadow2]

"Wow, it's certainly... something?" Said a blonde man, staring at the Vestibule. It was vast, and detailed, many stones decorated the building. Most of the stone looked chiseled and frail, but it's sturdy base looked quite stationary. From what Benare observed from the Harbor, certainly, there must be only the one entrance. The two; Benare, and Damien, were walking up the steps into the large building. "Yes. Quite so." Benare said in a hushed voice. He wasn't particularly amazed, but he was astonished with the building. As the two Ravokians clambered up the steps, there was a golem of some sort that was standing and waiting quite patiently.

It was made of pure stone, and it looked like 4 times tall than Benare. He'd never seen something so lifelike so big. Then the golem talked, or perhaps Benare and Damien were thinking that it talked.

"What is your name?"It said at first. Benare blinked a few times and stopped walking, he studied the golem. "Benare... Benare Nitrozian." The Nitrozian spoke, in awe. it did speak.
"Damine, Damien Trifflefur." The blonde responded he looked amazed at the golem that could talk.

"State the purpose of your visit."The golem asked. Benare and Damien looked at each other, they weren't really expecting something like this to be asked. Damien spoke, "Business." Damien responded slowly. "And for you?" The golem asked Benare. "The same," Benare replied. The golem slowly looked at the two.

"Where might we find residency?" Benare asked the golem curiously.
"The Quarters."
"Thank you." Benare responded without being so harsh.

"Well, let's go then."
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous