[Citadel Location] Vestibule

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Lakuer Byer on December 7th, 2010, 6:22 pm

Riding on the horseless cart was an odd experience for Lakuer. He was still awestruck by all that he was seeing, and in such a place that showed magic so freely every were. Being from Syliras, magic was very strictly enforced, and was not visible almost any were, as you could easily be arrested for using it. And so this made what he saw even more amazing.

Walking through the portcullis', which led to a great set of double doors. Walking through them along with the others, he saw a large golem which was talking to people. As they left, he went up to it, and heard it say "What is your name? State the purpose of your visit."

Quickly he would answer, though perhaps a bit to loudly in his excitement, "I am Lakuer Byer. I am here in hope of using your library and its books, and to train myself in magic through them."

"While i am staying here, i can also make myself useful working as a scribe, which i am proficient at. Perhaps i could be useful working in the Synchrograph Office? Also i am knowledgeable of the Ancient tongue, and can speak and write it."
Lakuer Byer
Player

Words: 19687
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 11:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on December 8th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Alma

TAR went through the usual motions, greeting Alma and offering him information about the wizards who specialize in Malediction. The other tasks sounded too dangerous or too suspicious, that Alma was forced to accept "Task number 5 Apprentice for Master Tieh". The job description, as the others, did not exactly reflect what she had in mind for him. For the most part, Alma was hired as an errand boy. For some reason, Tieh did not enslave Alma to her research. He was not allowed to enter the second level of her laboratory, and was forced to work in the common laboratories. It's as if he was purposefully left out of her bigger projects.

The Nuit wearing a boy's body will find his first season in Sahova not as restrictive as he expected it to be. Perhaps it could be said that they were giving him a learning curve, a time to adjust to the real cruelties of the island. Only time will tell if Alma was fit to stay.

And for now he must work.

Lakuer Byer

Ah, the occasional scholar. Sahova, being a bastion of magical history and research, was always visited every now and then by people who wish to use the library. Untold stories about our world, ancient tomes of magic, lost secrets - these are few of the things that one could find in Sahovas's Great Library.

Lakuer was unfortunate because Bebe did not accept apprentices. He does, however, allow Pulsers to stay as a temporary assistant. With the presence of Drainira gone, there were many things that the Nuit could not do in the comfort of his office. This meant running around Sahova. He badly needed a messenger.

And so when Lakuer was granted access to Sahova's facilities, he was also given a small box that could talk if attached to a specific area in the Citadel. There were few pedestals that were grooved with special sigils and connected with D-wire across the rest of the Citadel. These were where the long-distance Communicator Golems that allow two people to talk to each other without having to meet up were placed. Lakuer was given temporary possession of the device so that Bebe could order him to run about the Citadel and get forms from wizards or look up things in the library when Bebe needed it (which was, sad to say, most of the time). The human found it hard to work in one bell without getting interrupted. Such was the life of a lowly apprentice.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Orion on January 25th, 2011, 9:14 am

32nd Day of The Season of Winter, 510 AV

The whole experience was weird for Orion, as he made his way towards what seemed to be the entrance to the citadel. He was stopped in place when he heard a sudden voice. Was that a pillar talking to him? He had trouble holding back his laughter, and even more so not going over and poking the weird thing until it spilled it's secrets.

Still he found it wise to answer the question before the thing got hostile, like most of Sahovan denizens and inhabitants alike. He knew why he was here, but could that chunk of rock really understand him? Could he even understand anything? Maybe this whole thing was a prank played by one of the wizards? Still it was best not to meddle with fate, and so he spoke slowly, but surely: „I am here to obtain a familiar, and gain access to your library“ he did not know much of the ancient tongue, but practice makes perfect, and after all, practice was all her needed.

The thing did not respond immediately, and that made Orion somewhat curious, maybe he had said something uncommon? Maybe he made a mistake while talking with the thing? Or maybe it was all a joke from the get go?
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rayage on February 22nd, 2011, 5:41 pm

50th Winter, 510 AV

The wizard was a little surprised by the 'warm' welcome that he had gotten. He hadn't known that the island was, as it seemed so desperately, looking for new nuit to do research. The main reason for coming here, like any others, was the further his magical knowledge in the magic of his choosing, the alchemical arts.

Though Sahova was well known for their use of golems he wasn't quite expecting anything of this sort. He thought the stories a little exaggerated as with the skill of the wizards practicing here. If this was the case, then maybe nothing was exaggerated here. Everything did seem professional and impersonal, he was going to enjoy his time here no doubt.

He observed the passing life sized statues of the important wizards as the magically drawn cart moved onward, and soon he found himself in the Vestibule. Hearing the golems question, seemingly the same one he was asked on the way in here, he looked at it blankly before answering, "Rayage is my name and I'm here to further my alchemical research in Sahova" He was a little more specific in what exactly his research was to better answer the question of the golem.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on February 24th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Rayage

Your adventure, it begins here.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Esecori on May 5th, 2011, 6:29 pm

The 40th of Spring 511 AV

The search for knowledge, a seemingly endless pursuit. This is what brought Ese to the Vestibule. His life had up to now been simple, study and basic practice of a few magical arts had been his lives work. But it had not been enough for him, no not nearly enough. Ese wanted power, and knowledge is one of the greatest forms of power. So it was only logical that he come and offer himself as an apprentice to a master mage of Sahova.

As he walked towards the great double doors and the massive statues of long dead heroes, Ese was met with a grating and harsh voice. "What is your name"

"My name is Esecori"

"State the pupose of your visit"

"I am here to serve the great mages of Sahova, and to learn of the art of hypnosis."
Last edited by Esecori on May 6th, 2011, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esecori
Player

Words: 2580
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 12:57 am
Character sheet

Postby Vetala on May 6th, 2011, 2:11 am

Esecori

OOc: DOn't forget to timestamp your posts please.

Ic:

TAR replied in the same mechanical voice as it always did. "Master Suake is seeking an aid. One task is under her name. Task number 32. Feild research. Please enter the Citadel and follow the blue-lit signs which will lead you to the Master."

Afterwards TAR did not speak again. Esecori could follow the signs or he could just wander around if that pleased him. Either way he was full of options.
Vetala
As of Sahova

Words: 19326
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Office

Postby Esecori on May 6th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Well this is simple enough, one choice of a master, and only one true course of action. He was to follow the blue signs.

Once the TAR stopped using it's grating excuse for a voice, Ese walked into the citadel of the Sahovan wizards. He was instantly greeted with one of the previously mentioned blue lights, and as he walked towards it more lights began appearing. Leading Ese on an unwavering path towards his master to be.
Esecori
Player

Words: 2580
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 12:57 am
Character sheet

Postby Mabel on May 16th, 2011, 2:43 am

Springtime, Day 74, 511 AV

Mabel was lost in the blur of different things that she saw while on the ride to the Vestibule. The land was somewhat barren, but Mabel still enjoyed the sights. The horseless wagon that Mabel rode on was odd to her; she felt that it was unnatural, and felt weird riding in it.

But when the wagon pulled up the the large doors, Mabel marveled in amazement. The building in front of her was huge, and she was taken back by it's beauty. Mabel jumped down from the wagon, her pack on her back, and she headed for the doors.

She pushed lightly, and the doors opened easily. A gust of air hit her, the smell of old books, paper, and some kind of chemical hit her nose. Probably some kind of chemical the Nuit use for embalming, She thought to herself as she walked through the doorway. The first thing that caught her eye was the large cylindrical thing in the middle of the Vestibule. Mabel cocked her head to the side and looked at the thing quizzically, and eventually figured that it was, in fact, the "TAR" that she was supposed to speak with.

Mabel walked up the the golem. It spoke to her as soon as she halted in front of it, asking for her name, and to state her reasons for being in Sahova. Mabel took a large breath, exhaled and began. "My name is Mabel. I am here in Sahova to work under a master of Shielding. Also, I think that I may be useful in helping to conduct research on different types of plants, what they can be used for, and their effects on living things."

Mabel looked at the golem, and waiting for its response.
Mabel
Player

Words: 2311
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 6:49 am
Character sheet

Postby Wrenmae on November 14th, 2011, 6:55 am

Standing before the golem, Wrenmae averted his eyes. He didn't feel comfortable with the unblinking gaze. It seemed to know him too well, feeling his worth, measuring his potential. Admittedly he'd never thought to see something like this when he left Alvadas...Sarhova was a story all to itself, the eternal bastion of the undead. They and they alone knew the land before it was destroyed, before the Valterian.

He was hardly a footnote in their books of eternity.

Quietly the phantoms of past watched him from the alcoves. Frozen giants leered at him and the dry dusty smell of embalming fluid aggravated his nose. This was not a place he belonged. Here life was entombed, frozen in the rigors of death and surrounded by the corpses of those who had left such highborne notions of living behind.

Here there was only study, only research.

Wrenmae could lose himself in here.

The golem boomed, its voice the screech of metal and magic. Wrenmae reflexively clapped his hands over his ears and jerked away, looking up at the creature fearfully.

"I...My name is Wrenmae Sek, I have come to learn Familiary, Reimancy, Morphing, and Hypnotism. I...I am a storyteller, if that means anything, and I would be interested to know the...err...the err...history of this place, of its residents."

Inwardly he quailed.

Inwardly he trembled.

But he managed to hold his ground, averting his eyes from the mammoth animation. He didn't like it...everything about it seemed unnatural.

Maybe it was because he couldn't make it sick?

That thought, above all others, was the most terrifying.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext